Womens Running

When on Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 208 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy anniversary Ginny!

Linda never heard of it and I'd take it with skepticim.  Hope it works for you but if it were that successful there would be people all over the world lined up for miles to have it done.  I hope it really does do what you want it to do.

Carol good for you being down a bit

Gatsby it is okay if you don't remember everything you want to say.  We just like seeing you post!

Tessa glad the running buddy got to run some with you today

karen I'm the opposite if I have a hard run I don't sleep that well unless I do it really early.  If it is afternoon or later I will not sleep well at all.

I've got Pilates today too.  Yay

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - I am with you on not sleeping good after a long run....

Ginny - Happy Anniversary!!! 42 years...that is a major accomplishment!

Just got back from a great 7 miler...hard to believe it is winter....temps were in the 40's, sunshine, but it was very windy.  Longest run in my Newton's...gotta say I am LOVIN' them!!!

Carol

ginnyb

Carol....I have been thinking about the Newtons myself.  With my neuroma I am very comfortable barefoot, as soon as I even put on a sock I can feel the neuroma.  Since the Newton's are closer to barefoot I am wondering if they might work for me.  You are really liking them, huh?  How do they feel different?

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Carol, between 1-2 lbs= perfect weight loss I've heard.  Good for you!

Ginny, happy anniversary!

Linda, let us know how that works out.  I've got some tummy fat I'd love to see gone.  : )

LC Runs

Marjorie - well it kind of warmed up (40 ish) but then the clouds came out and the wind is wicked, so it felt cold, I did not have any desire to run in it this evening lol

Carol - does that mean you all will do 12 the next Sunday??  I agree, the weather will probably be great ha ha!

mommymac

I got nine in today while trying for seven; guess I zigged when I should have zagged.

Marjorie - Pilates - is that new for you?

Linda - Hope this procedure works for you; your avatar photo shows no signs of you needing to lose 25% fat!

Tessa - Yes, please, remind us how you hurt yourself.

Ginny - Happy anniversary! That's a great milestone to celebrate.

Newtons - how do they differ? Just bought a new pair of running shoes and they look just like DD's! Might change out the purple laces; I think she thinks I want to be a teenager again. Hated the new price - finally got over $100. By $20.

Damaris -Your schedule is exhausting just looking at it! Hope you make all of them in good shape and the weather gods are with you. Were your shots yesterday for asthma? My DD is showing syptoms but panics at the thought of her inhaler. Maybe she's really trying to get out of running with mom. Smile

Carol- I bet winter is yet to come. We were supposed to start feelng the temperature rise today but I think it stalled a little bit. I almost wish it would rain so all of this dry salt and junk on the roads gets watered down and stops blowing through the air during a run.

Yes, for those of you thinking Jersey Marathon, the area is a mess. I'm glad to hear they are promoting its being run anyway and that there is a share of the profit going to the residents/towns/etc.

So if I were to commit to one night a week watching a TV series, what should it be? I love the idea of B&J's and following some plot. Haven't done this since DS was in high school and we would sometimes watch Prison Break or Lost.

Hope everyone's sleep tonight is restful, your families are all well, and you have clean running clothes for tomorrow!

Carolyn

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carolyn, nah.  I've taken private Pilate instruction for 2.5 years.  I love my instructor.  I go once a week for an hour of torture.

Laura well at least it isn't November Smile

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Happy anniversary Ginny & Mr. Ginny!

Karen, with you, 1/2 cup is not a serving for anything other than a hamster, and I don't think hamsters like ice cream.

Whoah. I can see the storm coming in from the west. Spectacular with the clouds piling up and the sun setting over them.

7.1 on the TM at lunch. Yasso intervals.

Carol, I tripped Saturday evening -- walking down to Safeway for broccoli, of all things! -- and landed on my left side. Sore ribs. Nothing like as bad as Rosaryville's "whump" fall, but still sore. Dangerous stuff that broccoli. I should've decided not to serve a vegetable for dinner.

ginnyb

I just found out, playing on the internet, looking for half marathons, that Cleveland is having a rock n roll half marathon this year for the first time, Oct 5.  Hmmmmm  so many races, so little money.

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/rnr-cleveland

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Busy day (again).  Grrrrr.  At least my 4 recovery miles went well.

camille, you looked fine.  I also criticize my pictures like crazy!  I also hate the heat (even though I live here).  I understand.  Hope you find the perfect one.

Marjorie, not sure where to go.  We can go to Opa again unless you want to try something different.  There is a new Mediterranean place nearby but I have not tried it yet.

Linda, sounds like one of those days where one just wants to run.  Nice.

Tessa, nice 4.  Sorry about the ribs (I missed what happened).  Hope they feel better soon.

Anonymous, enjoy the 6.

Bikerchick, nice weight loss.  Any weight loss is good!  I work with DOJ in the bankruptcy area (there is an agency for that and I work there).  I go to court at least once a week but since the judge I'm assigned to was out for a surgery, we now have tons of stuff pending.

Ginny, Happy Anniversary!

mommymac, mine were for allergy shots.  I have both EIA and allergy induced asthma and my allergy to dustmites is really bad.  But compared to a year ago, it's way better.  BTW, I was thinking of the Jersey Marathon as an alternative to NY (I already did NYCM).  Maybe I'll wait til 2014.  Nice 9.

Hope you guys have a great evening!

Damaris

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good evening, all!

Did 4 miles today on the indoor track.  RB (who is from Russia) decided it was "warm" enough to run outside for her.  I suppose "warm" is always a relative term.  So, I did most of the 4 miles quite solo... not another soul in the arena.  It was kind of weird.

I will be seeing the Dr. tomorrow.  I really don't seem to be getting better.  I'm hoping he's going to just say, "this kind of thing takes time."  I don't want to stop running and training.  My first Warrior Dash is Feb. 2... just 4 weeks.  And, frankly, I don't seem to be in any more pain running or not running.

Lisa, signed up for Karnel's race.  Looking forward to dedicating an activity to her.

Judy - I am really going to have to bite the bullet and get two new pair of running shoes - one for road and one for trails/obstacles.  I am having to reconcile the expenses of my chosen sport's equipment.  There's a bit of sticker shock!

Ginny - nice 3!   and 42 years!! woo hoo!!!

LC - WTG 4!

Marjorie - thanks for the heads up on running warehouse.  I think I go try shoes at Dick's and then check prices at that site.

Sue - nice job in supporting your son.  Funerals are a fact of life, and they serve a purpose.

Damaris - hope the run went well!

Camille - I'm changing the data fields on my 410 all the time, based on what activity I'm doing.  It's a bit of a pain, but I do like instant feedback!

Linda - how did the procedure go?

Tessa - Yay 4 + 7!  (and healing never goes as quickly as *I* want it too!!)

Carol - 1.2 is a nice number.  Congratulations on this affirmation of your hard work!

Carolyn - nine is great!  Dang those zigs!

If the Dr. doesn't ground me, tomorrow is a strength day.   Be well, all!!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

http://karnelsamazingevent.blogspot.com/

Link to the non-facebook page.

Can one of graphically inclined take the above picture and add "Karnel's Amazing Event" to it for our graphic to hold up.  in some way or other .  Could maybe just be the shape of the leaf or cut out the leaf itself and words around it.  Something simple that would print out well.

Susan let's put the pic (from Karne's Amazing Pictures facebook page) on the blog page.

Ran 5.5 this morning on tm. Guess I should mention that.

Lisa

Good evening to all!

Why oh why do DH and I continue to buy ginormous bags of candy at Costco?!?  That's a rhetorical question, of course.  I seem to have a spring-loaded arm that won't stop until I've eaten too many.

Linda, hope the body-sculpting went well (and was painless).  Sounds like it's supposed to take effect over time?

CrazySue, funny comment about runners looking different with their clothes on.  Sad comment about attending the memorial service for DS's friend.

Damaris, I do commercial litigation so where I work, "off to court" and "have a nice day" aren't usually found in the same sentence!

Camille, I'm doing a trail HM on February 24th in Pacifica, CA near where I live, then the Go! St. Louis Marathon on April 7th.  I'm sort of following a Higdon intermediate training plan, but I've tweaked it.  And sometimes I tweak my tweaks.  You could definitely jump into a training plan a few weeks late, don't worry about that.   I think running NJ could be sort of a unique experience, especially if the community wants the race to happen and will benefit from it.

Marjorie, I've read about strides but never tried doing them.  Do you think it makes a difference?  And what do you do exactly?

Tessa & AnonymousG, I'm with you on the 1 pint = one serving.  Recommended serving sizes can be utterly laughable sometimes.

And AnonymousG, that's a shame that you aren't still here for America's Cup, especially being a boating person.  In the fall, there were races of the smaller boats (I think 45'?), and the whole shore from Crissy Field to the St. Francis YC was wide open and everyone that wanted to watch had a prime viewing spot.

Carol, nice job on the weight loss!

Ginny, more anniversary good wishes!

That's all I've got for now... Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR