Womens Running

Wet Wednesday (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

It rains every evening here, and occasionally more during the day. DH is frustrated because the trails are wet and won't dry out. The river, which is usually barely moving this time of year, is flowing high, as are all the lakes. Crazy to think at home we're in a drought, with only 0.1 inch of rain for all of July, water restrictions, fire worries. According to our security cameras, all the grass in our backyard is dying. Crazy.

Anyway, I signed up for the half marathon (on those wet trails, so hopefully won't be too muddy) the last weekend we're here. I plan to take it very slow and easy. Run distance TBD this morning, then we may go camping for a couple days to end the week.

cc, glad you made it to the west coast trouble free! With all the canceled flights and delays lately, you hit the jackpot! One of my flights in September (flying home after driving back from my sister's wedding with my parents) has already been canceled once, and required me to call them (the horror!) to reschedule and add a few hours to my total travel time.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles today. We're supposed to get bombarded with another heat wave today (a feel like of 45* ) so I ran them early. I think we're also supposed to get rain. I hope so.  I don't think we've had rain for weeks.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 7 with 2 @ MP.

Watching Rubio today, who has been losing weight. I think he has some diarrhea so I might need to take him to the vet for a checkup. I just hope this is not it; he's been fighting this IBS/lymphoma for 3 years and it appears a losing battle.

Damaris

Morning!  Leaving shortly to pick up DH from his FL trip. He had a red eye from Orlando thru Vegas, ugh. If he doesn’t get Covid now, then I doubt he ever will.  And possibly me too, double ugh. 

Karen, I guess I could see how mud would be annoying on a MTB.  But I’m not exactly full of sympathy given our drought. 

Damaris, sorry Rubio is not doing better. 

Lori, yuck on the heat wave. 

CC, welcome to CA. 

7 yesterday, intervals today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to report I lifted before my massage and did the new Joel Beachbody program (LIIFT4). I have done his prior one but not jn two years. It kicked my ass. My arms are sore AF. Maybe this is why I got a light migraine after the massage. 🤦‍♀️

Damaris

ccoakley

Karen, glad somewhere in the country is getting rain.  Maybe it's time for DH to take up a water sport?

Lori, great job getting out there early!

Damaris, enjoy your MP miles.  Good luck getting him to eat.

Gatsby, good luck at the airport and avoiding covid.  Enjoy your intervals

Re: flights...we did get a notice that one of our connecting flights going home from OR was cancelled so they rebooked us and had us landing at National airport in DC instead of Richmond!!!!  Um no that's not an acceptable substitute.  I called and the only other 2 flight option was a 7 he layover in Chicago.  We took that but I might research other options.

Garmin gave me 77 min easy today, close enough and over an hr so I was happy.  I end my run at Starbucks here and then walk the mile back to my inlaws.  I need to find a running  water bottle that I can put water in while I run and coffee in at Starbucks so I can run home and enjoy my coffee after my shower.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Anonymous Guest

I ran a little over 7. I got a late start so it was getting hot out there (okay, it was 70) towards the end. It is going to be a shock when we go back to overnight lows of 78.

Lori, early is the only time to get it done in weather like that. Great job getting out there, and I hope you get some rain.

Damaris, poor Rubio. I hope he's okay, it's so hard to see our four-leggers sick.

Morning!  Leaving shortly to pick up DH from his FL trip. He had a red eye from Orlando thru Vegas, ugh. If he doesn’t get Covid now, then I doubt he ever will.  And possibly me too, double ugh. 

Karen, I guess I could see how mud would be annoying on a MTB.  But I’m not exactly full of sympathy given our drought. 

Ugh on all the flying and I hope he avoids the covid. My sister is a nurse and had all kinds of exposures through work, her fiancé got covid, our parents both got covid and she never did. She got it a month of so ago, pretty sure it was on the plane back from visiting her daughter in California.

We are trying to embrace all the rain, especially seeing how droughty it is at home - DH is catching more fish this summer at least! Last year the lake levels were so low by this time he wasn't catching a thing. And we're going to try to go hike some areas with waterfalls before we leave, which are usually pretty dry by now. He's just riding more around town, and it doesn't bother me except for first thing in the morning when I take the dogs out and my pajama bottoms get all wet from walking through the wet grass.

Speaking of drought, I saw that fire near Dinosaur Valley is finally under control, something like 87% contained.

cc, hooray for over an hour! Holy crap on switching your flight home from Richmond to National. I would never fly into National unless I was going somewhere on a Metro line. Which Richmond, hours away, is not! I hope you find something better, but somehow if you know you have a long layover, it doesn't seem as bad as if your flight just keeps getting delayed/canceled.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

USRD here. Over slept.

Last night we went to see Top Gun Maverick and got home late. The movie was supposed to begin at 6:60, but all the commercials and previews it started closer to 7. Ugh. I don't care about all the other stuff, just let me see the movie. It was pretty good, and much cheaper than going on the weekend.

Glad to know the Dinosaur Valley fire is under control.  Dad is less than an hour from there.

Hoping our car is ready today.

Stay well everyone!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles this morning with 4x200, 4x400 and 4x200. Lower body weights after work.

AnonymousGuest, we keep getting rain. It poured Monday night. I have some veggie plants that are soaked, others seem to get no rain on them.

Berthaslayer, our heat wave starts tomorrow. Not looking forward to it.

Docket, poor Rubio.

GatsbyBird, hope DH stays covid free from the trip (and you too).

ccoakley, how frustrating. DC is not Richmond and that would be one heck of a drive after a cross country flight.

CrazySue, yea, movie ads are crazy. Just start it already.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, nice 7. Ha, who are you saying 70F is hot? Are you my twin now? Smile

Lori, nice 5.

Margaret, FL and flying? Hoping you can avoid Covid.

CC. flying is a nightmare lately, good luck!

Sue, 30 minutes of previews is pretty typical for night movies. That's why we go at 11am or noon where the commercials and previews are like 15 minutes. How did you like it? I loved it!

HCK, nice workout.

Damaris