Womens Running

RISE AND SHINE, WEDNESDAY DIVAS (Read 17 times)

NorCal

Hi Ladies!

RR. Track workout last night was hard and an interesting workout. Instead of distance intervals, we did time intervals. We did 1 mile warm up, 4x5min with 3min active recovery. So different running by time vs. distance. Not sure I liked it that much! lol. Today is rest day, but need to get back on track with core/upper body workouts.

NRR. I got a nasty cold last week and was super sick Wed/Thurs, then we left for Shasta Fri morning. I almost didn't go, but I was pretty much all better by Sat. We did a nice hike to some pretty lakes on Sat and then a super hard run Sun. Had a great time, although it was a little too much time with MIL. She was on her best behavior, but still! Also, I ate a TON all weekend and am trying to get back on track this week. My last day of work was last Tues and now I'm working at home on business stuff and seeing my own clients. I'm going to start at least one day a week in the City at my friend's office next week.

So yesterday, DH leaves for his delivery route, and when he went to start the van, it wouldn't start. He thought maybe someone siphoned the gas, so we called our roadside assistance and they came to put gas in and it poured out all over the ground! Some a-hole CUT the fuel line to steal the gas! So we had it towed and then had to rent a van until it's fixed. About $90 in gas, $400 in repairs, plus several hundred in van rentals. Ugh. thankfully we have good insurance, but it's still a $250 deductible. No fun!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

leela - nice to see you!! We need to make plans to meet up before or after the marathon this year. What is your goal pace? My goal time is ~4;10, but since this is my first marathon I'm hoping to just cross the finish line!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

L e e l a

Not sure I'll be able to circle back around for personals since I run around the house like a wildwoman during naptime to get stuff done.  But, Sassy, I have an ambitious goal for Richmond of running a BQ (sub-3:40).  DH and I are planning on running it together -- he wasn't sure about the aggressive goal time/pace but is coming around to training to go for it.  We'll definitely have to work out a place and time to meet up.  I am super excited about the race. 10 weeks left!

SassySparky

Leela - I think that's a great goal considering some of the race times you've put up in the past year. And that's awesome that you are running with your DH!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!