Womens Running

(Over 40) memorial weekend 3 days worth of posts :) (Read 21 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ah huh we are back. Thanks Eric for fixing it

rest day. Just chilling in the house. Nothing we had to do. Got dh ready for his trip this week.

Camille  it is a good deal. I like the no haggle. Price us set and cheaper than dealer price etc. we are always luck With it.

Marjorie

Hi all, Just stopping by to say hi.  I will try to be better about posting.... but its hard to keep up.  And sometimes its hard to go back and figure out who is who and connect everyone back to their FB names.... but I promise to try.

Nothing much new here.  Classes are over but as I am now the Associate Chair for Undergrad Studies, I still have some work to do over the summer beside supervise my grad students.  And I even get one month salary for summer, which is nice.

I haven't run in forever.... but as those of you who are FB know, I've been training for a 82 mile backpacking trip at Philmont Scout Reservation in NM.  We leave in about 3 weeks!  So lots of stairmaster, walking on the treadmill at 15% grade (backward and forward), lots of hikes and walks with my backpack (up to 34 lbs), and swimming for crosstraining.   Crazy as it seems I'm thinking of running a marathon when I get back.... possibly the one in Kensington Metro park at the end of July.  Anyone have run it before or want to do it with me?  I haven't signed up... will wait until I return just in case...

Well Ginny, again, congrats on the AG award.  Tessa, happy birthday!  WTG on the 24hour run... You're both amazing!

Susan

Anonymous Guest

Huh - didn't even realize it was down. I think this is the first time ever since we all moved over here, isn't it?

I ended up running a little over 10 yesterday and a little over 9 today. And got a ton of organizing/throwing stuff out done this afternoon. Although I'll probably save the running stuff to see if my sister wants any of it before I donate it. She has decided to come out in August and run the Annapolis 10 miler - I may send her back with all kinds of stuff.

And the dog may have lost his hearing for good. He got a good ear cleaning and some new medication, but getting the hearing back is doubtful. He's 13, so problems are expected at this point. Poor little guy.

Camille, safe travels to you as you head back to Alaska!

Hi to all,

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

susan - Good to see you back!  Don't worry about keeping up, just pop in and say Hi!  I wondered when the Philmont trip was.  I had not heard of that Marathon in Kensington.  As crazy as this is, I will be deep in training for our Grand Canyon R2R hike/run, and miles will be up....hmmmmmm.....I just worry about the heat.

Karen - Sounds like you had a productive week-end.

Marjorie - I pulled a "you" today!  Ran then biked, then washed windows/planted flowers/did some laundry/pulled some weeds....whew I am tired now.

Cindy - What marathon is this for you?

Beautiful weather here today.  Got up and did my neightborhood run, then I finally got DH on his bike for a 15 mile bike ride.  I am amazed (not in a good way), how his being sick this winter has affected him Sad   I am really trying to get him out and doing things to build his strength back...

Hope everyone enjoyed the extended week-end.  Can't wait to hear how Tessa did.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ha Carol.  And I did very little today.  Other than a run to the store (or drive ha.   I didn't run today) I have done basically nothing.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Okay, now I am really getting ticked off.  There was a blurb in the newspaper today about the first place person in the 60 and over age division at the race yesterday!  That should have been me!  I know, I know,  it is a little thing and a little race, but when I read the piece I saw red!  She didn't come in first!!  Darn it!  Okay, thank goodness I can vent here and my DH understands too.  Let it go Ginny, let it go....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Ginny, that stinks.  I'd feel the same way.  Here you go:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkc7QOKralVZ9v6vBZB3Kfa_cbBwZABbvEvrcv1fBAYxLb3XxXEQ

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sounds like it was a productive weekend for many folks!  Time for one more quick check-in to say hi and bid the long weekend farewell.  

Marjorie, I bet the pups like it when you are just chilling and they get to chill with you.

Hi Susan.  Wow, you have quite a trip coming up.  Sounds like you are ready.

Karen, poor dog.  I guess time will tell if the hearing comes back.

Carol, sorry your hubby's illness over the winter had such lasting results.  Take it baby steps and he'll get strong again.

Camille, funny you should ask about the new job.  After being told I was getting an offer, and then waiting and waiting for the formal written offer, I found out that the firm is still waiting for approval to hire someone at my level.   That was a month and a half ago.  So, I'm looking again since I'm not confident the other job will really come through.

Hi to everyone else that I'm missing from page 2.

Have a great week!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Ginny-love your first place medal!!

Gatsby-considering what I do I can really understand your pain and frustration.  I push to get all locked down and approved before starting a search but sometimes budgets go away, especially when the search takes a long time or if it takes less time than expected and there really wasn't approval yet.  hopefully it comes through.

Susan-nice to see you!!

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

We remember.

On a selfish note, though, I am also thankful for this three day weekend. Swamped with schoolwork but popping in to report that I made it through Nanny Goat -- 54 miles in 14 hours. My goal was 51, since Saturday was my 51st birthday, and I made it and then some. Race report will follow at some point but right now I'm having to focus on getting a few weeks ahead in the class I'm teaching for the first time.

Blistered but not terribly sore. Took yesterday off and I ran 6 this morning.

Hi everyone, sorry I couldn't post before...I kept getting an error message.

Back to do some more online grading, one of my students is taking his exam tomorrow.