Womens Running

Tulips on Tuesday Supermoms (Read 12 times)

running eh

rg - that napping / bedtime business is so frustrating.  I really hope that DD2 is still napping when the baby comes, but I know the trade off will be difficult bedtimes - sometimes I am not sure what is worse.  I really hope this is the last of the snow.  DH did warm me at the end of March that our area has NEVER has an April without snow; at least I was warned.  Hope you had a good run.  DD1 chose to go to school instead of the ultrasound, but the other two kids came.  DS was interested, but he really didn't like having to sit relatively still for half an hour.  He kept asking if it was almost done.

ernie - yay for getting all the tax stuff together.  I just need DH to sign his paper to allow e-filing - it has been sitting on the counter for over a week now....Have a good TM run.  This snow business is ridiculous!

zorbs - sorry about the crying situation.  I find that as I age I cry less.  Hope things start looking better soon!  Boo on the leg - hopefully it works itself out.  Nice on the Bible stories.  I love it when I read the kids a Bible story and they are so excited by it..  The last one that really amazed them was Daniel's friends thrown in the fire.  You should eat the Costco samples, it really can add up to a whole meal.

CA - cute on the paddle bike.  Sometimes I don't correct the kids b/c their mistakes are so cute.  I agree, a bit smelly is okay, drowned rat, not so much.

spike - Great job on the running and workouts and yay for godmother.  Cute on the leezurd.  Love that he climbed in the rabbit hutch.  DD2 is really defiant lately and I feel like I am running out of discipline ideas.  GRR!

kant - yay for the job offer - at least you know you are well liked!  I can't help you on the shoes, I know nothing about that, maybe e-rain will have some suggestions (if she's around).  Great job on the early morning run.  I love the vinyl café, but I haven't heard that story.  I am laughing about it anyway...

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- R is being defiant and laughs at timeouts. So far effective punishments are taking away privileges like TV, story time, etc, and shutting him in his room and making him clean it by himself.

zorbs- we Skyped with MIL last night while we opened the easter box, and R was eating Starburst jelly beans faster than I could get them away from him. I let him have maybe a dozen jelly beans and a tube of sixlets and he was and jacked up. Kid can't hold his sugar Wink  R probably won't be getting much more candy since it is at home and DH is off work until Saturday now lol. She also sent a Costco sized bag of Pirate's Booty as a space filler/padding in the box and that stuff is like crack.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

CA- lol on looking like a drowned rat. hope the rain holds off for your run. Sounds like M is enjoying her bike. Ugh- don't scare me on the nap dropping! I was hoping he'd still be napping daily until the baby is a few months old, so I could have a few quiet minutes to myself maybe where their two naps overlapped. Ha.

spike- have a good run and ST after work. lol on R climbing into the rabbit hutch- that's funny. Ugh on the dog poop- that's the worst thing to have to clean up. Dinner and egg party sounds like fun! My mom gave R one tiny box of jelly beans for easter, and I've been rationing them out at like 4-5 at a time. And he gets them right when he wakes up from his nap, lol.

Kant- I thought of you this morning when I posted about R's sleeping. We've been very lucky so far that he's been such a good sleeper. It's a shock to the system to have this big change. And I don't like it. lol. Are the asics 11x0"s a neutral shoe? I really love my Brooks Launch. Hmm, tough decision about the job- it's hard when more $ is at stake.

E-rain- thinking of you during this last taper week before Boston, and hope you're feeling rested and ready to race on Marathon Monday!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

eh - Hope everything was good with the ultrasound! I don't shop at Costco, but from what I've heard, the samples are often enough to make a well-rounded meal.

zorbs - For the tandoori chicken, I use Pataki's tandoori paste mixed with plain yogurt. Cute that B likes the Easter stories. Are you planning to take him to an Easter service? Maybe more people will be up for a drunk fest with you once the marathon is done.

CA - At least the rain will wash off the smelliness  I was just reading about the stolen SIN numbers, too. I love when procrastination pays off! I didn't realize they had extended the deadline. Now I'm totally ahead of schedule, ha ha.

spike - Boo on the dog poop. Hope she is feeling better. The dinner and egg decorating sounds like a lot of fun! My sister set up an egg decorating station at my niece's birthday party on Saturday, and all the kids loved it. S will also often nap from 2-4ish, and I find she can nap as late as 5 okay, but if it goes past 5, there are major bedtime problems. I'm feeling good, just a bit tired, thanks!

kant - I've been waking up at 5 am to work for a couple hours before S gets up, because I'm too tired to do it later in the day, so the 11 pm bedtime was killer! I like to be asleep by 10 at the latest. Preferably 9  Boo on the coffee grinder wake up! I live in fear of my coffee grinder waking up S, but so far so good. So would you be able to stay at your current job until the hours fizzle out in June and then move to the new job?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

I was wondering why I wasn't really very hungry since the weekend and last week's big week of running, well HERE it is... Thank goodness for snacks at work!!

kant - M had a balance bike last year, but honestly never really caught on, she's such a cautious kid and doesn't seem super athletic so far, so we just gave in and got her a normal one, with paddles Smile  Liv has been the same way with the eating and sleeping!! (so have I, lol).  Hard choice re the job!  I wear Mizuno Waveriders - partly because I can get mizunos shipped to CAnada from the US and buy shoes for cheaper, and I really like them, they are neutral.

RG - I hope he's not dropping his nap either!  M napped for the first few months after I had O, and it made for a much happier mommy.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- Hope the work snacks keep up with your "runger"

Ernie- I'm just making tamale pie, very easy casserole for dinner and then I will pray the mess of egg dyeing stays contained to the dining room!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - B has never been in a church since his baptism and I have no intention of taking him.  I talked to ex bf about your church last night, he said he was the organist and choir director and I believe he inherited the job from his grandma.  As for a drunkfest, as you said..no one is sympathetic to the situation to want to participate in one with me, most of the skirt brigade doesn't really drink and I have no interest in getting drunk with Nicole.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Kantkatchme

ShoeR- I went searching and Got the asics gt-1000 2, they replaced the 1170's so I guess it will be like wearing te same thing.  They are a cushioning? Shoe?  I know the difference for motion control but I'm not sure the difference bw neutral and cushioning?  The runnibg room website has a bunch of shoes on clearence so I might order a few other pairs If they have my size.  I hate paying canadian prices for shoes!

JobR- I will sTay at old job until the session ends in June, I just wish I could do both.  Plus the old job is only 15" from my house and new is 25".

I am going to talk to my old boss and see why the summer schedule looks like and if I can work around new jobs hours.  Both bosses are very accommodating, so I may beable to make it work.  Fingers crossed.

The snow is blowing sideways, wtf!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Kant - neutral and cushioning are the same thing.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/