Womens Running

Thinking it's Thursdailies (Read 12 times)

I have no idea what day it is. My daily routine is dictated by the workout.  I skipped spin class this morning.

I think I'm back with the living, just a cough and a bit stuffy.  DH still feels pretty crappy. Hopefully we're both better by Christmas.

I really need to be sewing or baking instead of working!!  lol

Have a great day y'all!

CrazySue, I start to lose track of the days this time of year. I took off Monday, worked a little on Tuesday, did a full day yesterday, which felt like a Monday, yet today is Thursday… and I will have more confusion next week too.

Did 6 miles with hill repeats yesterday. RC holiday run and Xmas party is tonight, at a local pub.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Pilates after work.

Sue, hoping you are feeling better.

Margaret, nice 6. I get confused as well.

Looks like my boss preliminarily approved my request to get back on the compressed schedule now that those people can do 2/2 WFH days per week. I'll see if I don't hate going back on it.

Damaris

Forgot to mention, happy solstice!  I'm looking forward to more daylight.

Damaris, hope the new (old) schedule works out.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Since I'm often laid off this year (including as we speak),and not consistently either,  I never know what day it is. And when I file for employment insurance I never remember which weeks I worked or was laid off for. So count me in on the not knowing group. Over had to start using my phones calendar.

Choosing a rest day today because I'm not training for anything and have an appointment in a bit with the bank. Ugh. Then I will try to buy the gift cards I need for Christmas.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Rest day here. I was going to ride my bike if the rain came in this afternoon/evening as predicted, however, it was raining when the dogs and I got up at 6:30 this morning. Supposed to rain on and off for the next four days - woohoo!

I never know what day it is unless I look a at a calendar or my watch or phone. Or this forum!

Damaris, is this a 9/80 or 4 10s kind of schedule? I vaguely remember you had to take your off day in place of a wfh day, I think?

Yay for the solstice! It's not too bad here, gets dark around 6 or so. I was looking at San Diego weather (since we are probably going there for about a week in January) and it was 5:15. That seems pretty depressing. Then again, we might have to postpone that trip a week or two. DH had a spot on his arm biopsied at the derm yesterday and they think it is basal cell - if so, he might need Mohs to get rid of the rest of it. So depending on when that is scheduled, plus then a week of no exercise (one of the main reasons we're going is to hang out with friends - the guy has prostate cancer and doesn't know how much longer he can ride bikes, so DH wants to go out and ride with him), we might have to reschedule. Luckily all I have booked is an airbnb for the days we'll have the van in the shop getting work, and that is fully refundable.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hey and howdy.  

Sitting in a room in the ER in Vegas with mom waiting for her to be discharged.  She ended up with a serious case of the flu, then GI issues again.  I’m probably staying through the 31st or 1st.  They won’t let her go home alone.  The husband was in ICU but mom signed the paperwork to have him moved to hospice. My understanding is they’ll be taking him off of the heart/blood pressure meds quite soon to let him pass.  Dr said without, he’ll die.  I would assume pretty quickly.  She’s at peace with it.  

Didint bring anything running related.  Most annoyed I didn’t bring my watch.  I spent $400 at REI on shoes, tights, and socks.  And threw in a few sale tshirts.  Had to get a sports bra at Walmart.  Will map out some routes ahead of time to know my distance.  (If it’s not on Strava, it didn’t happen.  You can manually add in runs I believe.)

Thats about it.  

Check in later.  I’m a bit bored.  She’s sleeping while we’re waiting for discharge stuff.  

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Guess what I did?????

I HIT THE SEND BUTTON ON MY RETIREMENT !!!!!!!!

Hugs Kat.  Hope mom improves.  An exploratory run sounds great!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Wahoooooooooooooo Sue!!!   Huge congratulations!!!   I’m sure a bit of jealousy from many of us.  Hehe.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, is this a 9/80 or 4 10s kind of schedule? I vaguely remember you had to take your off day in place of a wfh day, I think?

It's similar but it's 8 days of 9 hours, 1 day of 8 hours, and 1 day off in a pay period. Before, they would not let us take a second WFH day on the week you had your day off. That was removed because people were pissed. They didn't give us a third WFH day but this will assuage a lot of people. For me, it will mean basically a 3/2 days in the office per pay period and that is an improvement to my peace of mind.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 after work. I'm all screwed up as to what day it is. I usually go into the office on Monday and Thursday. Wwe had a meeting with the state on Tuesday, so I also had to go in that day, which has thrown me off. Usually ssecond day in office is Thursday, it was not. Just gotta get through work tomorrow and then off until January 2.

CrazySue, congrats!

GatbsyBird, oh, the Monday off would really throw me.

Docket, good news that the scheduke was approved. Hopefully you like it as much as you can a work schedule.

BerthaSlayer, yea, I have to look at the phone calendar to figure out the date.

AnonymousGuest, a 6:15 sunset this time of year? I am so jealous. Our sunset is around 4:45. It sucks. I sucks even more on the days I go into the office because if I time it wrong, there is a blinding sun glare in my rearview mirror when I get on the highway.

KatS, hugs to you and your mom. DId you get an Avia sports bra at Walmart? Those are my go-to. They remind me of the old C9 ones Target sold. Plus, they don;t smoosh what little I have.