Womens Running

Wakin' Wednesday (Read 16 times)

Seloc

Laura - OMG, yes!  I just do NOT have patience for people like that at all.  You are far too kind.  I would have written them off long ago.  What's the point?  There is actually this one friend who always wants to make plans.  Even big plans like a trip or something (this was pre COVID obvi), I've learned to ALWAYS say yes even when I'm double booked because she NEVER follows through!  LOL

Anonymous Guest

14 for me. Longest in probably at least a month. Not exactly what you're supposed to do for marathon training. Oh well. Kinda sad our time here is coming to an end, but ready to go back home I guess. Next year we are definitely spending the entire summer up here. I am not looking forward to the two days of driving to get back this weekend, but eventually our next door neighbor is going to get tired of taking care of the pool and even though I paid for several weeks of lawn mowing ahead of time, I now owe my lawn guy because we've been gone so long..

Kathryn, 6 am is my dogs' normal. I put up with it at home because I need to get an early start to get any sort of run in in the summer. Here they seem to have adjusted to 6 am mountain time at least, but they don't seem to care that I don't really need to get up that early here. Hope your little one is doing better. Funny, whenever I get a callback from the vet I think "man, I would hate to have to do make those calls."

Liz, take care of yourself. The job sounds crazy, don't let it get to you. Do what you can do.

Damaris, glad you're feeling better!

ccoakley, nice on the 13 and the new route! Even if it storms the whole time, I think it will be good to get away from everything for a few days.

Cathy, my mom has relatives in Door County, but I've never been (I guess I also have relatives in Door County, since my mom's relatives are my relatives). My parents have gone up there a lot in the summer and really enjoy it. May be good to get away from all that men drama you've got going on!

Susan, I want one of those milkshakes you posted! That would be a really stressful position to be in - I wouldn't want to make any decisions either.

Sandy, I am not rolling my eyes at your neighbor's made up drama, really, I'm not. I'm bummed the person doing the new workouts you like might be moving!

Laura, all this extra walking on top of your running is really good for you. Extra exercise with less stress.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Kathryn – Wonder what was up with your pup this morning! I will help ya kick your ex in the balls, twice 😊. Hopefully the new doctor actually shows up 😊. I hope the hours end up working out. I don’t blame you one bit for voicing your concerns about it. You have been very flexible for them! Congrats to your GF!!!! You have had a very productive day!

Laura – Nice run this morning and walk yesterday! I also have a friend that always flakes but I know that going in. I let her know I am always there for whenever she is ready! Sometimes I think some people have issues with public interaction maybe??

Susan – COVID weight gain is a thing, girl! Man, hopefully they would test everyone before the cruise. What a nightmare that would be if they were stuck on a boat.

Docket – Awesome that you feel better today! That means your run will go great 😊. Great news about DH’s friend!

CC – You crushed that 13 today! Nice! You run in such a pretty part of town. When I was part of the winter training group, they did a lot of runs in that area. Did you ever join that team? They meet at Willow Lawn. You called it on the marathon!! Did you see the statement today? I am going to defer for sure. All of the sites I manage are in NOVA. Ugh, hoping that changes soon with a realignment. A weekend getaway at a cabin in the middle of nowhere sounds PERRFECCTTT!!! 😊

Cathy – Nice 7 this morning! A massage sounds great. Awesome on the vacation and getaway! That sounds like fun 😊. If I were you, I wouldn’t mention the conversation to TF. LOL. I hear ya on running the dark. I don’t think bears wear reflective vests LOL. I am green with envy on that weather! I was looking at our forecast and saw a few days with highs in the 70’s!! I will just DIE if its true. 😊

Sandy – Nice run and walk this morning! Sorry that your friend is being annoying. I don't have many friends so I don't run into this issue very often! LOL. That makes me sound like a loser. I do have 2 really close girlfriends! And you ladies of course Smile I have actually been on top of my water game recently! The other thing I am working on requires it 😊. SO TRUE about setting boundaries!! I am learning that slowly! Oh wow on your project! I am sure COVID contributed to a lot of those delays.

Karen – NICE 14 today. I did a double take on your Strava because of the weather. Then remembered you were still on vacation.

Richmond Marathon is still a go..but it is going to be held over 16 days on a different course. I deferred my registration and MTT until 2021… 😊 Still enjoying running for fun right now! Plus, that sounds like a pain in the butt - or maybe I am just anti-race right now.

It is REALLY storming right now! Yikes!

Have a great evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

The weather was great this morning so I worked on running a little faster for the first half of the run. I did a total of 45 minutes, then took ample time to do stretches. It was fun watching playful squirrels. We have some black ones with brown tails and grey ones with beige tails. It's great to be out in the park because the Covid stuff disappears for a while.

The high school runners (lots of them!) in the area (boys in front, ladies in the rear) were all out this morning in the park. It's good to see young people doing this.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz, coincidentally, the run sucked but I finished, ha.

Karen, I can imagine not wanting to go back after those amazing weeks.

Damaris