Womens Running

THUMPIN THURSDAY DIVAS (Read 16 times)

OJewel

Dunno what that means exactly, but it's in my head, like: I am going to thump the sh*t out of Thursday and head to Friday!

RR- I'd like to get 7, but if I do it is on the TM. I'm in PA. I'm a bad TM runner, so we'll see. Having coffee and some grapes now. Did 4 each on Tues and Wed, since I haven't gotten on to post.

NRR- just out in PA office, heading back to NY after work today. Not much to report. DBF and I are going to lunch Saturday at this German restaurant upstate that has mountain views. We love German food and I'm excited! Then we'll walk around town up there and see what there is to do. I've been crazy busy at work. I'm not surprised by it since this business always gets busy in the summertime through Oct/Nov, but it's still a little stressful. I just need to push through a couple more days this week and ill have gotten a good start on what needs to be done. I still have to work this weekend though, probably Sunday and play catchup from last week when I was out Friday.

Have a great day!

MA runner girl

Morning Jewel! Sounds like another nice weekend planned! Good luck getting through the busy days!

RR: Birthday 3 mile  run was good! Rest day today. 5k on Saturday. My brother is running, so I've got to bring my A game. He never runs, but has way more natural talent than me!

NRR: My birthday was a great day, even though I had to work. DH got out early and had made homemade guac by the time I got home. mmm. I ran and then relaxed with C with amango margarita, and then cinnamon lime fajitas, which were amazing! He also bought my favorite cake for dessert - just yellow cake from the grocery store (Big Y RLTW). Mmmm. He also got me flowers and a gift card to get a massage, pedi and brow wax. All much needed! He did good Smile

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

Whoot for Thursday! (Virtual Friday MA!)

RR: Ran a very hot, but good, 4 miles yesterday. Tonight is run workout and yoga with the tri group. 5K on Saturday. It's going to be super hot and humid (our low temp is 78 right now), but I'm still hoping to beat my July 4th time.

NRR: So ready for the weekend! I only have to work 4 hours today, but if I work the full day, I will get paid OT, so I'll just work. Tomorrow I'm going to dinner with my dad's cousin's family. Her son is going to school at the university by me (where I go for grad school), and is playing football for their first ever team this year. Other than that, just have a long weekend of tri training ahead.

OJ: LOL at your title description! I understand your TM pain. I'm the same way! Glad you get to go back to NY today. Enjoy your German lunch, sounds fun!

MA: Glad you had a great Birthday!

Meli: What's the date of your IM?

NC: Rock it at your half this weekend!!!!

Have a great day ladies!

lizo_77

RR: USRD. Darn it. I suspect I'm going to be out of commission on the running front for a week at least. It hurts to even step on the darn thing now. And since I'm so busy, I barely have the time to schedule a massage so he can find the darn muscle to calm it down. Lots of icing last night which helped.

NRR: driving to Rapid City today. Then back tonight.Going to call M around 7, then again maybe around 9 just to keep alert as I drive.

On another note, my mom lost her brother last night. He had a major stroke. so so sad. She called last night and again this morning when he finally passed away. It's almost better he did pass, because living with a major stroke in Nigeria would be a bad, almost impossible thing. On the same day, my grandma (mom's mom) was in a car accident with my uncle. She was thrown from the car and is in the hospital. She's in her 90s.  They're also in Nigeria, so I asked my mom if they had done xrays on her. Given her age, I wonder if she broke something. They say she didn't which is a blessing. So please keep my mom and extended family in your thoughts and prayers!

OJ: german food and mountain views! enjoy! that sounds awesome! Boo about the extra work hours for you this weekend!

MA: good luck at the 5k and running with your brother! beat him!! you must!!

Po: i love that kind of flexibility with your work hours! If you decide to work, you get more money. Smile enjoy dinner with your dad's cousin's fam!

melrunner

Good Morning girls!

MA cinnamon fajitas sounds yummy! Plus pedi manicure and massage! Especially the margarita!

Jewel how was your weekend in the little cabin?

PO IM is 11-2. Want to come watch? We have extra room!! Great Job w your tri workouts! Do you spin? I do that during the week in lieu of riding outdoors.

As for me:

TriR:: 2000 yards this morning with DH. 7 mile run tonight after work. Hoping my HR stays low again!

NtriR:: just working and getting ready for the weekend. I think RLTW asked I volunteer at a children's hospital in the playroom once a week. Had a busy night last night!

Have a great day!!!

OJewel

Hi girlies! I got my 7 in! Proud of myself, ha ha. I got inspired reading all your 5k plans for this weekend, so I signed up for a local one, which I'll do on Sunday as a portion of my 17 miler, so NOT fast at all, but its for Wounded Warrior project, so a good cause. Plus I like supporting races in their first year, and this one is a new one.

MA - glad you had a nice birthday! Good luck at the 5k this weekend! My dad always kicks my butt in races and he is 60, lol. He has much more natural talent than I do as well.

PO - Ooh, OT is a good thing. I'd stick it out the rest of the day too. Hope the heat doesn't affect your 5k too much!

Lizo - safe travels today! So sorry to hear about your mom's brother and your grandmother Sad I hope she recovers well. That's horrible they both happened on the same day.

Meli - we are 7 mile workout twins! So nice that you volunteer in the children's hospital. My weekend at the cabin was wonderful and relaxing, thanks for asking! I saw deer in the yard while DBF and I relaxed in the hot tub! It was cool up there, like 50s at night, so the hot tub felt wonderful and even more wonderful when I saw the cute deer with their babies!

NorCal

Morning ladies!

OJewel- Great job on getting 7 in, especially on a TM! That's cool you're adding in a 5K this weekend, fun!

MA- So glad you had a wonderful birthday evening, completed with GUAC, of course! Smile Perfect meal and gifts too. Yay for DH!

Lizo- Oh dear, I'm so sorry for the tragedy in your family, I will keep everyone in my thoughts. Also, I hope your foot heals up quickly. Sad

Meli- That's great that you're still volunteering, must be so rewarding!

Po- Thanks lady! I'm a bit nervous since I haven't ran a half in 2 years. I'm going to tryyyyy to be very smart about pacing, starting out just under my goal pace, running my goal pace for the middle and then slightly faster at the end... just hope I have it in me! Nice job on the tri workouts. And, woah that is hot, hope the 5K goes well this weekend!

RR. Did an hour dog walk last night and then arms/abs. Debating if I should run today... I might head out for an easy 3.

NRR. Getting a massage tonight! Smile So excited, I really need some work on my low back, hips, legs, etc to help prepare for this weekend's race. Also, working from home this morning, finishing up billing and then working at acupuncture office this afternoon.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

monk717

Oy, its been a morning...

RR: Ran 3 miles this morning. It was so hard... I'm at a point where individual runs are feeling stronger overall, but after a week or two of consistency my body just gets tired. I'm not sure if I should keep pushing through or rest a bit.

NRR: So, I was running late this morning as usual. I finally get to work and realize I left my pump at home... I hadn't packed it before DH loaded the car for me and then I walked out the door without it, and didn't think about the darn thing until I got here and opened the door to pick it up. I was already feeling uncomfortable as my usual time is 8:30 and it was about 8:15. It takes a half hour to get home from downtown in rush hour and by the time I got there I had to pump since I was late and P had already eaten and then I headed in to work and finally got here at 9:45. So I'll have to try and work some extra to minimize how much leave time I have to take for that. While I was home it became evident that P is apparently going to have a cranky teething day, so thats not too lovely because DH has a phone interview this morning at 11! Hopefully P will go down for a nap before, otherwise he'll just have to cry it out in the crib so DH can do the interview. Diva vibes appreciated... DH says this job is very similar to his last one, so hopefully he can make it through the generic phone interview and actually have a chance!

melrunner

Hi girls. Tough morning. Personal crap getting in the way. Oh well. Ill be fine.

NC good luck this weekend!!!!! Go get a PR!

Jewel. My coach wants me to start doing some runs n the TM to gain more strength, speed and reduce heat. I hate the TM so I said no unless I absolutely have to!

Lizo hugs and prayers to your family. Very sorry about your uncle. Hope yor foot cooperates as well.

Monk so sorry you forgot your pump! The more consistent you become with the runs the easier it'll get!!!

I jugot bought two pairs of kayanos at 20% off free Shipping. Tri village has everything 20% off and free Shipping. PM me if you want the coupon code!

NorCal

Meli- Thanks! I love good deals on shoes! I have two pairs waiting for me at the mail box right now! Smile

Monk- Ouch, sorry about the rough start to the day!! Hope it continues to get better!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34