Womens Running

It's the weekend! (Read 13 times)

Anonymous Guest

I ran 5 this morning. It was hot.

No real plans this weekend. I'll try to run a little earlier tomorrow morning, then I have another kids running volunteer gig in the afternoon.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Driving up to Auburn now (well DH is driving) for WS supplies pick up and a meeting.  Going to be 90 there today. 

Did 9.5 miles yesterday, close enough to the 10 on my plan. I was suffering greatly in the sun and 70 degree temps.  I’m not good with anything even resembling heat.

Karen, I saw today was TROT sign-up-athon. I passed, but I’d be curious about which of their races you like or recommend?

Government ladies, apparently Juneteenth is a federal holiday?  So we’re off on June 20th?  Not complaining, but it’s news to me.

BBL!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 7 later. Heading to eat mofongo when hubby comes back from his run (it's 70F and I'm not doing that shit).

Margaret, yes, the holiday it's moved to Monday. I asked Big grin

Karen, nice run.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Started the book Next Level from Stacy Sims (the sequel of Roar but for menopause) and boy I wish this book had been out for 3 years. It explains so many things I've been going through that I ignored because who does menopause at age 40?

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

No covid. Finally got DH to use a home test and his was negative too. Friends are ok with me coming while sniffling, so an evening of peopling for me! 6 miles this morning with 4 x 200 + 4 x 400 + 4 x 200 and strength training.

AnonymousGuest, I have got to start getting out earlier on weekends or it will be miserable.

Gatbsy, I thought Juneteenth was a fed holiday last year? No federal, but the hospital even added it this year.

Docket, off to Google that book. My co-worker went through menopause early, I want to say she was done at age 40. Of course, the flip side is it also gets blamed for ANYTHING, guess it goes from "are you preganant, are you sure you're not pregnant" to "menopause".

Anonymous Guest

Karen, I saw today was TROT sign-up-athon. I passed, but I’d be curious about which of their races you like or recommend?

Rob (the RD) downsized his business and gave away some of the prettier/nicer races. Kept the ones closer to Houston which means not as nice. Probably the best one he kept is Wildflower, which I haven't actually run. It's closer to where I live now, so hoping to run it next year. I really like the San Felipe Shootout, more for the format than for the actual course. The trails are really runnable, but it's just a small (5kish loop). 5k, 10k, half marathon run consecutively. I'm not signing up for anything today because my ambassador discount is better and I can use it anytime, so will wait to make sure I'm actually around for the race before signing up.

Anonymous Guest

For the readers - Lessons in Chemistry. Fun, entertaining read.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hot, Hot, and HOT here.  Ii think we got to 104 yesterday.  Good day for a pool party.  There were 12 of us.  Enjoyable.

On TROT races, I enjoyed Wildflower as Karen mentioned.  Pretty, but there were some burned areas from a previous fire.  Some sand, but not a lot if I recall.  The other race I enjoyed was Possum's Revenge, though rugged in spots and a bit more sand.  I'd do either again.

No running recently, spent all my time off getting ready for yesterdays get together.

Margaret, hope the WS prep goes well.

Damaris, hope you enjoyed the mofungo.

Kathi, glad you're covid free.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend ladies.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lounging around while doing laundry and having coffee.  Did 14 miles this morning and I feel pretty wiped.  Maybe because it's still a little warm-ish and muggy.  Or maybe because that makes 47 miles for the week, and I haven't done that much since Miwok over a month ago.  Good thing I've got lots of time to get back in the saddle with this running stuff.  Nothing on my race calendar for a few months.  Sort of itching to sign up for something, but I also don't want to travel this summer.  Everything (flights, hotels, cars) is too $$$ and I'm not interested in dealing with airports or summer vacationers.

Karen, I need to get a slick van like yours.   My DH actually said recently that he'd like to get one some day.  Not sure how far in the future "some day" is, but I doubt it's imminent.  Thanks for the race info.  I've got my first TX race in Nov (Dino Valley) so will see how that goes.

Damaris, that book sounds helpful.

HCK, it could be true that Juneteenth was a fed holiday last year too.  It took me a while to get used to the MLK holiday so I'll probably be surprised about Juneteenth for a couple more years.

Kat, pool party sounds fun!  104 temps, not so much.  I was having trouble with temps in the 70s, lol.

Okay, off to get the laundry.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

We're baaackkk!

Had a wonderful vacay with the family in Orange Beach, AL. Condo was great--3 pools, lazy river, toddler playground and we were on the beach.  My sister and her family stayed about a mile away, so the nieces (23, 18, 14 + friend) and Sis hung out with us quite a bit. The girls LOVEd their bitty cousins and played so much with the grands. RSV was the uninvited guest. Huddy just got over it, Cameron is sick, Minna has been in the hospital since Friday. Sad DS1 & wife are sick too. She is one sick baby. Ann Marie and Abe are coughing too--hopefully they won't get sick.  RSV sucks. The entire floor of the hospital is RSV babies.

I went to the hospital and held Minna 4-5 hours.  She can't breathe if she lays down, so she has to be held upright all the time. DIL got a shower and much needed nap.

Catching up on everything at home. My federal friends--Yes, last year was federal observance of Juneteenth. We just realized we get next Monday off.  WOOHOO

I did make a couple of short runs while on vacay. It is SO hot.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

14 TM miles done. So tired today I forced myself to be up by 10am and now I'm ready for bed. Except I still need to cook dinner, lol.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill & strength training. I finished Caroline Girvan's Iron series, liked it, but 5 days of strength training each week is a lot to fit in.

CrazySue, hope the grandkids are ok.

Anonymous Guest

No running today for me. I'm sore from doing a measly 25 minutes of kettlebells yesterday. I have got to get back in shape! I let the dogs out this morning and got hit with a wave of heat. Just couldn't make myself run in that, even though a little later I went out with them and it wasn't bad in the shade. I need to start running early before the sun gets going.

Volunteered again this afternoon. Kids out there running in 100, feels like 106. They did relocate the race course to a part of the park with trees so a lot of the course was in the shade, but still. I wasn't running in that! Kid that won the mile race was 15 seconds faster than he was last week!

Kathryn, I feel ya on the hot. I missed having a pool today. TROT isn't doing Possum's anymore. He got rid of almost all the nice ones. I really like Coyote Run, and I wanted to do Running the Rose since I heard great things about them, but both no longer TROT races. I was on the fence about trying to be an ambassador again this year and finally filled out the app the day before they were due. I don't think I'll do it again after this year though - almost all their races are now in the Houston are. So many prettier trails away from there. Blaze Trail Running is picking up several of the ones especially closer to Dallas. I've never done one of their races, but they are the ones doing the Dana Peak race just down the road from my house, so will do that in October.

Margaret, nice 14! You guys would love having a camper van. And your timing is right. Prices skyrocketed (soooo much demand) during covid and work-from-anywhere, but now there seem to be a lot more on the market so prices are starting to go down. We bought before the market went nuts, so it was super tempting to sell the thing and make a profit, but then we wouldn't have one and wouldn't be able to afford another one.

Susan, glad you had a great vacation! Sucks about all the RSV sickness though. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Damaris, nice running this week.

HCK, that's a lot of strength training! (says the girl sore after one 25-minute XT workout)