Womens Running

September Already TUESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 14 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I seriously can't believe its September.

I can't believe HCDH and I have almost been married for a year! WTH.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

4 for me followed by a 30 minute leg workout.

Good run - it was drizzly rain and it felt wonderful! It helped with the bugs Smile. I hate how dark it is in the morning! Even at 6 it is still pretty dark. Leg workout was TOUGH! HCDH picked up some heavier weights so I went heavier this time and now my legs are jello.

Day 1 transition so should be interesting. Here we go! I am traveling up North tomorrow to do some inspections and am going to stay the night. Sucks that I have over 30 sites in that area but can only see 3 per day due to COVID. I am going to request an exception the next time I go up (a few weeks) since its such a long travel time for me. Looking forward to running in a new place!! Smile

Who else is ready for a 3 day weekend!? I know I am!!!

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can't wait for fall! But yeah, how is it September already and we are still battling this virus because the stupid won't follow instructions?

I have 8 and weights.

Damaris

Battling a sinus headache.  Cissy is injured, so she didn't want to run this morning, so I stayed in bed. Think I'm calling in a sick day.  I know I will be miserable in front of my computer all day.

Thanks for the wedding shower suggestions.  She had some bakeware listed on her registry, so I think I'll pick some up and add towels or a cook book or something.

Check y'all later

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Susan, oh if she has a registry that is so much easier! Hoping you feel better.

After 6 months of procrastinating and thinking I would be back in the office by now, I canceled my monthly parking until I'm back in the office more than 7 times a month.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, great news on your test results! Hope your travel can be ammended somewhat. Travel can be very tiring, let alone the work you have to do once you get there.

Sandy, about dogs running at you, I have announced loudly "I carry pepper spray!" (while holding it up) and that has brought at least one guy in a big hurry with the dog's leash.

Crazysue, my sinus headaches respond well to nasal spray (saline only).

Sunday Buddy and I ran 75 minutes yesterday. Today was 35 minutes out the trail. Allergy time is high for me now...Goldenrod, Queen Anne's lace, etc. blooming. Fall is always the worst with mushrooms, tree leaves, molds.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy September!  Another cool morning here... almost 8 miles with tempo intervals (2x2.5 mi).  Planned it so I would run by the house and see the kids before they headed off for their first day of school.  Yup, summer is over.  TF stopped by last night to drop off an outdoor wicker love seat to put on my patio... so now I guess I can sit outside and watch people go by on the trail.    He did not really have a good place for it and thought it would be nice for my patio, since I had absolutely nothing out there.     I sometimes feel bad about it, since everyone else has their patio decked out with seating, plants, etc.

Liz, the year went by fast!  Well, part of it seemed slow but also fast...  Weird year.  I will have a headlamp run tomorrow morning, early massage appt.  If I manage to get out of bed.    Nice job with the jello leg workout!  I hope your day goes well!  I'm on call this weekend.  At least I'm not on call for Labor Day.  Yeah, TF is inhumanly fast...  his warm up for the race was a 25 minute 5K...  But he is human, his running team had a bonfire Saturday night and he stayed there until 12:30 that night, he didn't want to be the first to leave.  He is still recovering from the lack of sleep.  

Damaris, enjoy the 8 and weights.

Sue, hope you feel better!  Sticking with the registry is a good idea, or just a gift card... food/meal gift cards are also nice since wedding planning makes life more hectic as it gets closer to the event.  Nice not to worry about what to make for dinner.

Judy, good idea about the pepper spray!  Hope the allergies are not too bad for you.

CC, hope the hamstring continues to improve.

Margaret, I was checking work emails while on vacation... I figure it was the better of the two evils, doing a bit of work in the mornings while on vacation vs 100's of emails when I got back.    Darn on the smoke... did you eat all the cookies?  

Sandy, your dog incident reminds me of when a dog came running at me and DD while we were walking my friend's dogs... DD started screaming.  That did bring the dog's owner, after the fact though.  You never know what will happen.  Glad the dog backed away!  The work issue turned out to be a hardware issue with our development server.  It was offline all morning.  Darn.  

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, yay on almost a year!!  Nice you got a good 4 in.  Oh yeah, wahooo indeed on your test results.  Phew.

Damaris, sorry about the twerking.  Strange.

Sue, sometimes mental health days are a good idea.

Judy, glad you and SB had a nice time, as always.

Cathy, funny about TF not wanting to be the first to leave and suffer the consequences of it!

Sandy, glad all was OK with the loose dog, so damn scary.

Tattoo later today.  Not much else.  Yesterday I did some shopping.  My GF is short on newborn clothes so perhaps I had to help her out.  DAMN, baby clothes are so cute.  Also worked on my weekly photo project.  I did an orange this week, unless I do something else.  I like the orange though.  I already submitted one orange this year, but screw it.

Annoyed at work, apparently I am on my own all three days, even though the fill in doctor WANTS to work this Thurs/Fri.  Just pisses me off.

Happy Tuesday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

ccoakley

Liz, good workouts this am.  Do you make up your own weight routines or follow a program?  I was looking out the window at 6:30 this morning thinking that a month ago I'd try to be an hr into a run by now and I'm not sure 6:30 is even light enough to start now.  I guess early morning runners are the ones who benefit from the fall clock change?  Good luck with your travel.  Depending on where you're staying the W&OD trail is really great place to run.  Nice out and back so you can't get lost ;-)

Damaris, good luck with 8 and weights.  I forget where in the country you are, past peak covid or just starting peak covid?  I assume it's at least 6 months before we even have the option of going in.

Sue, hope you feel better!

judyruns, reading SundayBuddy and yesterday had me rethinking what day it is but that's such an easy thing to do lately ;-) Either way nice run!  Good luck with the allergies

RTurtles, nice run!  You have to be getting excited about running a great time, right?  Even if it doesn't "count".  Are your girls excited about school? People watching from a patio sounds fun.

Seloc, super scary dog situation.  i would have screamed until all the neighbors came out but I'm not a dog person.  I've had too many bad encounters and even well-behaved dogs scare me.

Kats, baby clothes are way too cute for how little use you get out of them.  I'm sure she'll appreciate them.  Sorry you have to work on your own.

Easy solo 3 mi this morning.  Hamstring still feels good and now I just have to be super disciplined to keep running slow for another week or so.  Luckily Garmin is doing a walking challenge this month so where I would have been tempted to run again when we went to the playground I walked.  I am determined to get to level 4, I know it's kinda dumb but I like having goals to work towards.  And I'm really benefiting from all the extra badges Garmin has added lately.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, good luck with 8 and weights.  I forget where in the country you are, past peak covid or just starting peak covid?  I assume it's at least 6 months before we even have the option of going in.

I think the only state that got to the peak and beyond is NY.

I'm in Indiana which we were about to peak and then everybody thought it was done and we got back up. But we've been OK, not good, but OK, with mask wearing, everything opened at 90%, mostly because Indianapolis is not a large city.

I work for the DOJ agency that handles bankruptcy, so here we are in Stage 2 reopening for the office mostly because we were doing OK. As soon as they reopened the office at Stage 1-2 we went up, lol. We are only rotating one person alone on Tuesdays and another person alone on Fridays. I've only gone twice since July. Court is still by phone. And yesterday, they told us the meetings of creditors are telephonically indefinitely.

Nice 3!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Hello hello. I had to drop Huckles off at the vet this morning so didn't run. I probably won't go to our group hill workout either because I will have just picked him back up from the vet and probably shouldn't leave him alone. So I drove over to the trail midmorning and got a few miles in. It was hot and humid, but at least it was shady. We are possibly getting a cold front middle of next week (overnight temps below 70), but right now early morning is likely to be 82, feels like 95. Just no on that.

I am feeling a bit grumpy today for no reason, so I am going to hold off on personals for now.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That heat would make anyone grumpy, Karen!

Damaris

JRosewalker

Home from my trip and so tired!I will catch up with you guys after I settle in to real life.Hopefully I will get up in the morning and get my run in before work.Ugh..post vacation blues

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket –  Have a good run tonight!

Susan – Oh no, hope you feel better soon!

Judy – GREAT idea about announcing the pepper spray. I figure I will just spray them if they try to nip at me! Nice running for you! Hope you feel better soon.

Cathy – KILLER run this morning. Speedy!! Race time is almost here! Aw, that was sweet of TF! I have been wanting to do some planting around our house but I refuse to do it in this heat. Soon though, soon. Maybe you will add some things the more you sit out there 😊. It has been a weird year for you – but a REALLY good one, IMO. 😊 Yuck for being on call!

Kathryn – I have to admit – my mind went right to the gutter when I saw your picture. 😊 Aw, so sweet of you to get some baby clothes for your GF! Why can’t they have the fill in doc work with you!? That’s frustrating. Have fun with the tattoo!!

CC – Nothing dumb about that goal! I am glad the hamstring is feeling a bit better. I use Youtube for my weight workouts. If you are interested, look up Sydney Cummings – she does AWESOME workouts. My SIL lives near the W&OD trail and she LOVES it! She is moving to our neighborhood though, soon! I will be in Arlington area. I am sure I will find an area to run 😊.

Karen – Hope poor Huckles is doing OK. I agree with Damaris, that heat you have down there (that’s what she said) would make me pretty damn grumpy, too!

JRose – Its hard when reality slaps us in the face post vacation!

Have to go get packing! Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KATS, beautiful orange! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns