Womens Running

TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 16 times)

NorCal

RR. Track workout tonight! Not sure what I'll be doing. One woman is doing 6x1600 with 400 recovery. But there's no way I'm doing that! She's training for a full, while I'm training for a half. I might do 2 with her and then 2x800 and 2x400. I just don't need that kind of endurance workout right now, when I'm really trying to get faster for the next 3 half marathons. Once I start training for the Full, then I'll start doing endurance track workouts.

Monthly Mileage Related: I'm at 99.9 for July! haha. I'm running tonight, probably 5 miles. Would like to hit 105! Smile I was at this same monthly mileage in March and April, then had a really low May and now building back up.

NRR. Working from home this morning. Lots of end of month stuff to do! Then working at Acu office this afternoon. I really need to give notice there...

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

MA runner girl

Mileage - I'm at 70.5. If I do my scheduled 3 today and tomorrow, I'll be at 76.5. Sweet! Most I've had since last July... when I ran 187... LOL! Maybe someday I'll get back there... when my kids are grown!

NC - I have gotten massages, but haven't gotten a PP one. I know I desperately need it. Last time I went to the chiro she looked at my back, and immediately pressed on a huge knot. Maybe for my birthday next week Smile (P.S. I wish you didn't live on the opposite coast. I have never found a MT that I actually want to go back to...)

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

NorCal

MA- Oh that's so sad you've never wanted to go back to any massage therapist you've been to! Does your Chiro have someone in their office or can they recommend someone? I just had a client start coming to me who has a 9 month old and has been in SO MUCH pain lately. After one massage, she had absolutely NO pain for a whole week! Now she comes every 2 weeks and is able to function at a normal level without being in pain daily. She says it's changed her life! Smile

And awesome job on the mileage!!!!

PRs: 

SassySparky

NC - the plan I'm on just says either 100 meters or 30 seconds, so I went for 30 seconds, then I did 30 second recovery. I was at the track and I ended up doing 4 laps with those 8 strides ...

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

monk717

mileage related: I've run 29.3 miles this month. This is two miles more than June (which was two miles more than May)... slow slow progress. I would have gotten over 30 miles if I'd run yesterday because then I'd run tomorrow... but I suppose I'm not ruling out running tomorrow to make it to the big milestone of 30! Depends on how tired I am. Last June I found out I was pregnant on the 30th, and that day I'd run a great 9 miles to put me over 100 for the month, I think I had like 104 or something. With how slowly I'm progressing right now, I'm not sure when I'll make it to 100 miles for this year! Its OK though, I have a beautiful baby boy for this year instead.

melrunner

Mileage related I am finishing 108 for July my bad after I took Some time off for the wedding and honeymoon!

NC that lady's speed workout sounds tough!!! I wear my HRM for all of my workouts. I have to stay at 145 or under during base building (most of my workouts are base building)

OWR so jealous of Chicago! I wish!!! Oh does manchego cheese, wine, and apple slices count as pre race meal? We had that Saturday before the tri and I totally thought of you!!

Monk I can't believe wants to crawl! How cute! where in Spain is your sister moving to? Are you planning in visiting soon ?

Lucy how is the best man doing? Juan I think?

MA hope the Chiro helps you out. All we know here is heat!!!!

Lizo hello good luck with your deadlines!

NorCal

Sassy and Meli- We are all super close in mileage! Although I'm sure you both will pull ahead quickly in the next few months with IM training and marathon training!

Monk- I think you're doing really well with the gradual increase in mileage. It can't be easy... working full time, having a baby and a little girl! That's a lot to juggle!!! I can hardly handle what's on my plate and no kids are involved!! lol

PRs: 

outwestrunner

Meli - I'd go for that prerace meal right now! YUM

POrun

Mileage related… I’m at 68 for the month… still working on building that up! I’m lower than June since I was out sick for a week.

NC: I hope you have a great track workout! Ha, I think I’d be done at 4x1600… but wait, 400 recovery? Wow, that’s crazy! You should definitely get a new PR for your half though! I’m pretty sure most people are leaving my company since our raises have been around 1.5% for the past 4 years and they have about stopped promoting people. People are leaving and getting 50-60% raises working the same jobs at other companies… I told DH to start looking!

Monk: Way to go on your 3 this morning. You’ll hit 100 soon for the year!

OWR: Great job on the 7 this morning! I hope Chicago is great! My degree program lasts another 2 years. I’m working full time since they pay for the degree, so I still work for the same company. I’ll be here at least 3 more years since each class is $3650, so I don’t want to owe anything, that’s $36.5k for the entire degree!

Lizo: Ha, funny how you want to round out your mileage! I’d do the same thing.

MA: I hope the 35 person call wasn’t too bad!

Meli: The bike is still great! I’m really out of shape on it though! Way to go with the 7 miles. Is it November yet? I want that weather back! I have had issues with my HR being too high with this weather too. I hope everything is ok!

Lucy: I hope the press conference wasn’t too bad! Way to go on the workout!

Sassy: Whoot for the 65F weather! That would be amazing! Glad you got to talk to your BFF!

Happy closer to the end of the day!

monk717

meli: My sister is studying in Mallaga, Spain just for this semester, not moving there... we were all surprised my mom is letting her go, I don't think she'd let her move there! She's leaving tomorrow and comes home a couple days before Thanksgiving.

MA: My back has been all sorts of screwed up since having P. I think lifting him has continued some posture issues I'm having with my workspace but has gotten better. I've had a few adjustments where it seems like my chiro's adjusted everything along my spine and neck! I'm trying to go a month between visits right now and haven't been able to.

NC: Thanks! Assuming I continue running in August, I will hit 100 at some point. My goal right now is to get 10 miles in a week and/or run three days a week consistently. After having A I was way too aggressive and I certainly can't be accused of that this time! I wish I could do regular massage therapy for my back... can't afford it and I'm sure insurance doesn't cover it either, but at least I paid my deductible by giving birth so I'm getting a lot of free adjustments right now.