Womens Running

Still Full TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Toes don't mind shoes at all. I think I iced them just in time. They should be good to go. The jar was a pint canning jar. At least it was empty! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lol Elina, I think it was more like being cooped up in the house all weekend.  It's cold out but fresh air is so nice.  I'll take your advice and find some more Dragon's Milk to drink after my events this year!

Damaris do you find getting back on the TM after being outside hard?  I so want to go walk the road but it's too bloody cold for me and the TM is starting to feel boring as all get out even with the book.

I really have not been outside much to notice (I've been still on the TM half of the days of the week).  But when we had some Winter and I don't run indoors, it is a bit tough on that first run but I get adjusted pretty quickly.  I run on the TM while watching an explosive movie  like Transformers AND also while listening to music.

Damaris

Howdy!  Still recovering from yesterday's feast.  Did 5 miles this morning. Saw one of my running friends--he wanted to get his run in before today's chemo treatment.  Keep Scott in your prayers please.

Ran to Lowes for a few things, DF is doing stuff around the house.  I'm ready to go sew!

Y'all have a peaceful day!

Kilmisters

I am with Liz, I ate way, way too much yesterday. Back on track (literally) today.

Carbloading. We're just carbloading for great runs in future. 

Watching Russia-Czech Rep. hockey holding what I think is the best Latvian dark beer. Could someone, please, just stop the time.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa, the one race nearby me that I did volunteer at offered no discounts.  Most of the runs I have been doing/looking at are a 3 or 4 hour drive.  None of them mention discounts or free entries for volunteers...mostly a race t shirt and food.  The one in June was supposed to be for their Dec race but since my plan is Brazos I asked if I could use it for their June race and they said yes.  This is a teeny tiny race so more entries the better.

LC Runs

3 TM miles, was actually a decent workout, I made it a progression run, so upped the speed every few minutes.  I managed to get the tree down and the living room in order.  I will put a few more things away this week, though I do have a lot of snowmen decor and leave that stuff up until February.

I actually have a bit of alone time, BF is working, 3 of my kids are at their Dad's and my DD is at her friends house for the afternoon.  Of course, this doggie I'm watching is a handful, he has settled down and is finally sleeping on the couch.  He likes to follow me around the house and was recently barking at the vacuum as I was using it  - my dog is so not  amused LOL!

Diane - hope your headache goes away soon, glad DH is better.  Ugh on being back at work, I am trying to not even think about it.

Kupcakes - Yes, that is true, too!  Walmart is probably my least favorite place to go but there I am every week since we have very few options!

Judy - ouch on your foot, glad it is a bit better!

Damaris - I kept it inside, I am cold even in my house, so didn't want to deal with being out there.  I have become much wimpier in my old age lol!  Have a good run!

Kat - being sick sucks and it takes so long to get back - but you will!!  My mom ended up going back home, they said they made it okay, it was a bit dicey (it's fine here) and it took them a bit longer, but they are home safe now!

Elina - nice 10k!!  Yes, it's 8F right now, tomorrow is a high of 12 and low of -2 UGH!!

Hi Tessa - have a good gym workout!  They live 100 miles away, so usually less than 2 hour drive but I think it took them a bit longer today.

Arimathea

Tessa

Progression run for me as well. 1 minute at 5.3, 2 minutes at 5.4, 3 minutes at 5.5, and so on until 10 minutes at 6.2, finished up the hour with 5 minutes at 6.3, and "cooldown" 5 minutes at 6.4. Total, 6.45 in 65 minutes.

Laura, I would hate to have Mart de Wal be my only option -- I'm lucky in having a Costco 3 miles from my house, a Target right downstairs from my office, and a couple of other supermarkets close by home.

How long are you dogsitting for?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lizzie long day indeed!

I didnt have a kichen aid  my mixer worked just fine but I told dh I wanted one. I wanted a smaller one but he went and got the commercial one. It was way too expensive. But I will get great use out of it

noticed yesterday Quincy’s tail looked weird. All droopy. He could hold it up but it would droop only after a bit. Dh was off today so he took him to our vet. I suspected swimmers tail but he hadn’t done anything to over use his tail.  At. All. And with his history I wanted to make sure it wasn’t something else related to his cancer or a spinal tumor. There was a bit of swelling too. Well, she thinks swimmers tail too so on anti inflammatory meds. If it doesn’t get better or gets worse i will take him for more tests

office day today so I didn’t run. Run and Pilates tomorrow.

Marjorie

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Evening ladies!

I went to the morning body pump and it whooped my butt! Didn't do much else today...did some shopping at Old Navy and found some cute sweaters! Just relaxing with Ruger and HCBF now Smile

OH...tomorrow...DUN DUN DUN.....the parents will meet. Last minute thing... Oh boy.

Okay. I am supposed to be watching a movie with HCBF. He is watching...I hate sitting still for a movie!

Laura - Holy crap, you are really getting some cold temps! Did your mom end up staying another day? Wow, you were productive! You already put the tree away?! WHAT? Haha. I try to keep it up for as long as possible. I am so sad Christmas is over! Ruger likes to bark at the vacuum. Or eat it. NICE job on the run!

Diane - You are right - I will just let it be. There is that S word again Smile Glad DH is feeling better. I hope you don’t get it! WOOHOO on the race sign up Smile That is what happens when it is a slow day at work - race signups Smile

Judy - Oh no! Your toes had to hurt! Ouch.

Docket - Hope you got outside this afternoon! Movie and music on the treadmill? Wow, multi-tasking!

Kathryn - Nice job on the run/walk. Ugh on the cough, those always last forever. I am sorry but I am laughing about you trying to switch off the Netflix - only because it happens to me ALL.THE.TIME. STILL. Haha.

Kilmisters - Little Emerson is doing OK. He got his test results back and he is doing good! The kidney is functioning as normal Smile Your little mini-K is ADORABLE! Smile I will have to see if I can find a link. My SIL got it for me. It isn’t a full face mask but more like a scarf that goes over your mouth and nose. I probably won’t use it often - but we will be in single digits soon Smile Podcasts while running are the BEST. Makes the time and the miles fly by Smile Totally agree on 40 degrees feeling warm Smile YES, I like that carb loading outlook Smile

Tessa - Nice progression lunchtime run!

Marjorie - Poor Quincy. I never even knew there was such a thing as swimmers tail. I have a regular mixer but would LLOOVVEE a kitchen aid mixer. I don’t think I would get much use out of it except for around Christmas. You, however, bake all the time!

Cathy - STAY WARM over there!!! 1 degree?! LOL. We are going to be under 20 degrees beginning Friday-Monday. COLD COLD for us!

Sandy - Thinking of you girl!!!! Hope you are having a blasssssttttt!!!!!!!! Smile

Have a great night all!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Marjorie3137, my very best wishes to Quincy. Please pet him for me. <3

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Hello hello!  I pretty much exist in a constant state of carbo loading since I love carbs, so nothing new there just bc it's Christmas, haha.  5 miles walking this morning, 6.7 miles running this afternoon.  Took today off from work but working the rest of the week, bah humbug.  It's pretty quiet in the office but I have some stuff that I need to get done.

Lizzie, wow, parents meeting is a big deal!  Good luck!     Glad to lear baby E is doing okay.

Marjorie, sorry to hear about Quincy's tail issue.  Hope the meds help, poor guy.  Nice new mixer for you!

Judy, glad that the toes are okay!

CrazySue, thinking good thoughts for your friend who had chemo today.

Kilmisters, super cute pic of mini-K from the other day!  40 degrees, hot?!  Haha, that's freezing around here.

DHuff, that's too bad that races there don't give discounts/credit for volunteering.  All the local trail races here do.  The first four races that I'm eyeballing for next year will be free due to volunteering.  Hooray for signing up for your first 50k of 2018!

LC, hope you enjoyed your alone time.  How long is the dog staying with you?  Ugh on the cold weather!

Tessa, nice progression run.  Speedy!  Do you celebrate Boxing Day?  (Not quite sure how people celebrate Boxing Day and I'm too lazy to Google it.)

Karen, I successfully got myself on Strava and synced up my watch.  How do you find people you know there?  MTA: maybe I should try the search function...

Damaris, ugh on not getting sleep.  Hope tonight is better.

Kupcakes, wait, that Walmart ad about super-easy pick up (so easy that even guys can do it) isn't true?  Shocking!    I don't think I've ever been in a Walmart.  Not even sure where the nearest one is.

Kat, that bug you've been battling sounds like me for most of November.  Coughed up crud in my lungs for weeks.  Careful that you don't hurt your ribcage like I did.  Ribs still hurt when I sneeze, but fortunately the coughing is 99% gone.

Sugarland, Seloc -- hope you are enjoying your warm Christmas vacations!

Hope I didn't miss anyone!  Enjoy the rest of the week.  Anyone else besides me working?  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR