Womens Running

Thankful Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did speedwork on the track for 25 minutes. Dinner out was excellent.

Today I’ll do a long cardio workout at home. I have some preparation cooking for the crockpot to do.

Also, DS and a friend are both going to the docs today and I am hoping all will be well for them.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Glad you enjoyed a great dinner out!!!

LisaMMR - Good that you are going to the doctor today.  I think it sounds like you have been extremely patient, and have not overydone it...so to feel like you did before surgery.....Angry   Good luck!

Had a rest day yesterday....except for work, and housework.  Tonight I am going with a friend for her FIRST official 5K.  I am excited for her.  I think I posted a few weeks ago about her doing a Color Run, and surprising me that she started running!   So we found this evening 5k run.  I told her I would run with her as she is really nervous.

Hi to all!

Carol

Good Morning!

6 miles this morning in carefully chosen socks--toe was ok.  Still a little tender, but no visible damage after running.  We had a little cool front come through and it was actually kinda nice outside.  Maybe mid 70s.

I want my kitchen re-tiled!! I HATE the tile that is in there.  Since we are putting in orders Wink

DS1 gave me his old computer.  It is a very powerful machine, but had some sort of virus.  I need to check around to see if I can get it wiped and reloaded.

The bike wizard replaced the rear cassette on my bike yesterday.  Took him 5 minutes.  He really is good.  Can't wait to take it for a spin this weekend.

We are going to Gulf Shores tomorrow.  My sister and her family are coming.  DS1 + wife, DD + BF and DS2.  Should be a great weekend.  They don't get to see their cousins often.

Lisa--let us know about the knee.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.6 in the rain. A much cooler day to run in. Was nice.  Garmin is still messed up

Carol how exciting for your friend.

Sue how is the foot?

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I am glad I took yesterday off as my asthma is way better today.  Not at 100% but my 11 miler went really well.

judyruns, crockpot meals, yum.

Carol, good luck to you and your friend at that 5K.

Sue, sorry about the toe.  Hope it gets better soon.

MomRuns, good luck at the doctor.  Hoping they can pinpoint what is wrong rather quickly.

Have a great day!

Damaris

ginnyb

Lisa.... I am so sorry that you are still feeling bad with the knee.  There for a while it sounded like it was so much better!  I know how disappointed you are and probably depressed!  I hope the Dr. has good news for you, or at least tell you that it is normal....Not normal for you though is it?????  Darn!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Marjorie--toe is healing, just want to be careful not to make it worse.  It is really not that deep, just a very tender location, at the base of the nail bed.  Ran on it this morning and it was ok.

Sunday and today's runs felt so much better.  Lately I have really been feeling so heavy and wiped out.  Yay!!!

Anonymous Guest

10 miles with 4 at a little bit faster than half marathon pace (7:20-7:30). This is actually on my schedule for tomorrow, but I have my time trial bike race on Saturday, so I didn't want to do a hard workout the day before. Instead, did this this morning and will just run a few easy miles and go for an easy bike ride tomorrow.

Carol, have fun at the 5K tonight!

Judy, hoping for good health for both your friend and DS.

Susan, that sounds like a really fun weekend with the family - enjoy!

Marjorie, glad you got some of the cooler temps we've had yesterday and today (and hopefully through the weekend). Hope yours continue for a few days as well.

Damaris, glad the run went better. Smart to take the rest day yesterday.

Hi Ginny!

Lisa, hope the doctor has wonderful knee news. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you.

Not a lot on my agenda today. I'm kinda tired - stayed up too late reading a book. I wanted to finish it, but finally put it down with about 50 pages to go. Well, I guess that is my agenda this afternoon - I will finish my book!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Knit queen

Knit Queen

Hi ladies,

Today I went for a bike ride instead of running.  I went with a local women's biking group.  Went a little over 20 miles with some climbing.  it was a nice ride with 5 other women.

Judy, I love crockpot meals.

Carol, have fun with your friend at the  5K.

Sue, what kind of rear cassette did you get, one for climbing hills???

Lisa, I hope seeing the doctor helps.

Karen, that is a pretty face pace.  What book were you reading?

Gotta head to the store  and then to the library.

Lisa

lisa

LC Runs

Hi Ladies Smile

No run this morning, but I went to my Fusion class tonight.  Meeting my friend in the morning for a 5 miler.

Hi Judy - nice workout and glad you enjoyed dinner out.  I love when I don't have to cook!

Carol - enjoy the color run with your friend!

Sue - sounds like a fun weekend, have a great time!  I need to re-do my house.  Floors are okay, but I really want to paint and add some color.  I am hopeful that soon I will be somewhat motivated after work so I can actually start (and finish) a project!

Hi Marjorie - sorry about the Garmin

Damaris - glad the asthma is better. Btw, I really love your new Avatar!

Hi Ginny!

Karen - you are speedy, Girl!!  What are you reading?  I started a book called, 'The Condition' by Jennifer Haigh, liking it so far\\

Lisa - bike ride sounds great!

Anonymous Guest

Just finished "Where'd you go, Bernadette?" by Maria Semple. Very light, fast summer read. Funny, sarcastic, goofy. I enjoyed it. She was a writer for the tv show Arrested Development. As I finished, I got an email that the second book in The Maze Runner trilogy was available to download from my library, so starting that tonight. It's along the same lines as Hunger Games and Divergent. I don't think it's as good as either of those, but is keeping my interest so far.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Dr said that there is fluid building up in the knee. Said that sometimes a couple of weeks afterwards this can happen, could just wait it out but suggested cortisone shot to help relieve the inflammation.  He had smoothed out some cartilage in there also and he told me that sometimes that takes longer or gets more easily irritated but did stress again that it wasn't anything much/serious on the arthritis in the knee. Told him that I don't need "what's comfortable" or "don't push it". I needed specifics. He laughed and said that it should take about a week for the shot to truly do its stuff and then to wait a week from the time that it feels good before I ease back into running. Suggested trying ibuprofen instead of the aleve to see if that worked better too. At least that shot didn't have any weight watchers points to deal with. LOL

Went to a Tigers' ball game tonight with dh, dd and her friend. Sat near the couple we know who are long time Detroit Marathon people.  Husband has run the full every year but the first. This is the 36th year. She rides in the sag / weary wagon. Told her that I might be hitching a ride and we laughed about that. Kind of nice to know that I'll have Patti back there with her daughter doing the driving in case I do need to hitch a ride.

Too tired to read through the rest of personals. Sorry. It does mean a lot to me to have you ladies to come and visit with. I really can't believe that it's been since the NJ Marathon since I've really run. Beginning of May. wow. New appreciation and humor for running along with lots of humility to accept whatever speed, form, and distance my future running shall take. Been using my joke many times the last week "My running isn't bad for my knees. My knees are bad for my running." Need to figure out how to put it on one of the Facebook cartoon pictures that circulate. When I say it to runners they total can relate. Non-runners give me the 3 - headed look. Hadn't realized how much I missed that look. It'll be back. Maybe I'll try to keep Jim company on Detroit marathon #35.

Lisa