Womens Running

Cookies for breakfast WEDNESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Kilmisters

Tessa, that actually sounds like an interesting progression run, writing it down!

Lizzie, that's great news about Emerson doing well! Podcasts are fun but most of the time

Margaret, constant carbloading is a good state to be in Smile Especially when having the perfect ''I'll run it all off'' excuse (even tho we all know it's lies, but hey - everyone else believes it so it works Big grin) Parents meeting... Oh wow... Let us know how it went. Whenever you mention key audit, I am wondering how tought that thing can be, but apparently your ''lovely'' Co is making it a nightmare..

Laura, I'm always wondering how much alone time you get having 4 kids Smile

Karen, 71mi week? Uhm... Yeah, a rest day sounds reasonable! What's your ''weekly mileage PB'' btw?

Diane, please, send winter here; I'll pay for DHL, thanks!! As for the boss, ugh... On one hand you can't blame those people - sometimes you notice/think of other perspectives only when the initial version is done. On the other hand, cases like this is why I like assignments written in e-mail. So that I can say ''yeah, see this? I did my job; you want a re-do, fine, give me another x days''.

Rest day for me. Slept only 2hrs last night (no idea what was wrong) and having a beer night today w DH and his brothers. So, the odds are  I won't be up for a run tomorrow either Big grin At this point I just want to be at 50-60km (31-38mi) per week w 20+k LR and it's fine enough (or minimum 5 days of any sports when floorball returns in January). Bit of a ''meh'' attitude recently; w work and Christmas/New Year stuff disrupting the routine. But the aforementioned ''benchmark'' isn't bad either, so... If I can hold the 5 days per week thing till ''season opening'' race in mid-April; it should be fine.

Thankfully lots of people had taken today off, so office was silent; especially compared to last Friday's kids day! Funny, I'd been talking to my new Lithuanian colleague in Russian all this time (I understand 90% of what's said, but talking is a different story; I think I have an accent that's a mixture of 5 year-old and a drunk person Big grin People from Baltic countries have superfunny Russian accent in general) and it was bit of a struggle. Especially when terminology is involved. So today I randomly found out she speaks fluent English. THANK DEAR GOD. First of all, it made the whole communication 5x faster for both of us. Secondly, I honestly don't remember the last time I had a chance to have a verbal conversation w someone in English. It was like floodgates opened Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Quick check-in before heading down to Illinois to celebrate Christmas with my family!  I decided to rest my foot this week since it was a bit on the sore side and we have no obligations to walk the dogs this week.  Which is a good thing because it is COLD.  -6 with a feels like -23 this morning.  It will warm up a bit over the next couple of days, but DD and I have our next 5K on Sunday and it will be a cold one, forecasted to be a high of 11 that day with a low in the negatives.  I'm OK with it, I hope that she will be!  

Elina, oh, I think you mentioned something about the chills after you run?  I get that all the time.  I take a hot shower after running and get under my electric blanket if I can.  Sometimes with a heating pad around my feet because my feet get super cold! 

Lizzie, I had cookies for breakfast this week thanks to you!  

Cathy

Hi all!  Since I’m bored at work, I hopped online and found out the nearest Walmart is 19 miles from my house and not in an area I go to often.  So, I guess that’s why I’ve never been (and I hope to keep it that way!).  

Rest day today. DH and I are going out to dinner tonight for our anniversary (14 years). Because, you know, I haven’t eaten enough this week.  

Using my phone now and driving myself nuts with typos (have my thumbs gotten fatter?) so I’ll just wave at everyone.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

5 TM miles and some weights.  I am catching up on season 2 of This is Us so the miles weren't too bad.  I just kept reminding myself that at least I wasn't outside in -4 and 5 layers of clothes LOL.

Quiet day here, just doing a few things around the house. I do have to run out and go to the bank and probably get a few things from the grocery store for dinner.

Lizzie  - nice bada$$ run, you are definitely killing it!!  Enjoy the day with your BFF!

Judy - I am hunkering down inside, too, brrrr!

Diane - same story for me and grocery shopping.  We do have a smaller grocery store here that is nice but they are way more expensive than Walmart.  Meijer or Kroger are an hour away, as well.  Grrr on the boss changing the presentation. Wine cake sounds divine!!

Damaris - have a good 9 miles, nice run yesterday!

Ginny - sorry you are feeling blue, hopefully it will warm up soon and maybe the sun will come out...I am counting down till spring (okay, I know a long way away).  I think it is normal we all have body issues, I feel okay most of the time but when I am in my running/workout clothes, I feel fat/flabby.  But you are a workout Rock Star!!!!  And you look great!!!

Karen - I hear you, I think the holidays are hard for most people, either before, during or right after.  I hate the build up but the day itself is fun, then I start feeling better once they're over, other than the going back to work LOL.   I may have to check out this Strava app!

Kat - hard to find enthusiasm with cold and rain.  Hope tomorrow is better!!

Tessa - nice 4!!

LC Runs

Elina - hope you get some good rest!  I used to get some alone time, because the kids are with their dad a few days a week, but my younger DD came to live with me full time last year so it is harder to come by. At least she's old enough to entertain herself!!

Cathy - safe travels, this cold is something else!!

Margaret - Happy Anniversary and enjoy the dinner!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Margaret.  The bigger Walmart is about that far too, the smaller one in Vinita I hate to go to but it's only 15 miles away and if I'm in town for god knows what I go there.  DH works in Vinita so he can stop after work to pick up a few things.  Happy Anniversary.

Elina, I get most stuff via email but boss likes to stop by and "talk" about stuff.  Normally I print it out and let him use his blue pencil to make whatever changes and then I keep those.  Just in case.  I'm so used to it now it doesn't really bother me.  And our due dates around here are so flexible it's a wonder anything gets done.

Cathy you take the prize for Holy Cats that's fecking cold.

Kat I'd be inside too, well I am inside until it gets to at least 60 and then I venture out.

Laura, I get all the alone time I can stand...even at work I'm mostly alone as it's hard to b e friends with people you might audit.  At least I am friendly to them...boss, not so much.

Kilmisters

Just woke up from 2hr unplanned powernap on the floor covered in blankets (thanks, DH!) next to K. That pretty much describes my Wednesday Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - Cookies for breakfast....YUMMY!  You are killing your runs lately, good job!

Ginny - You look and are amazing!!!  I get what you are talking about with the “body” issues...we hard too hard on ourselves!

Judy - Glad the toes were fine!

Karen - I get what you are saying about the holidays...it is a time that can be really hard.  I’m always happy to have everything back to normal.

Margaret - Happy Anniversary, enjoy the dinner out!

Laura - That is nice you had some time with your mom to chitchat!  I’m sure alone time is at a minimum for you!  I’m not a fan of these sub zero wind chill temps Sad

Kilmisters - Sounds like a lovely nap!!!

Hi to anyone I missed in personals!!!

Did 7 miles at the track yesterday......TM today for my run and some stretching.

Carol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Still cold after running, it was 28 degrees, so definitely not as cold as some of you. It's not going to be above freezing for about a week, which is pretty unusual for this area. Got in 6.2 miles.

AnonymousGuest, you guys were a tough team.