Womens Running

Marathon Monday (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

Have to say I am not missing the travel and such for Boston this year. I don't know what changed in my mind last year, but I just found the crowds more annoying than exciting. I mean, the spectator crowds were still amazing, but the whole getting to town, getting to the start, getting through the finish stuff was more of a pain than I'd found it in the past. But I am excited for those running it!

I'm headed out shortly for a run. Overnight low was 68 so there was no cool weather to run in. Cold front expected by the weekend, but until then I am going to be slow and sweaty and uncomfortable.

Trying to figure out food to cook for our trip to Big Bend since it's now only a week away. We have one person allergic to peanuts - no problem, but then one couple where he doesn't eat carbs and she can't eat dairy. They have said not to go to any trouble and they can fend for themselves, but we'd like to include them as much as possible. Plus, figuring out how much food we'll need for 9 people is hard! Yes, I'm already stressing about the whole thing.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! RD for me.

Now trying to track Boston peeps.

Damaris

Not too interested in Boston. I know at least a couple people running it, and I’m sure they’ll post up a storm about it, so I’m not following along.

Worn out and a little cranky after yesterday’s 50k. I was out there for 9 hours. I felt fitness was good, but a lot of the trail was in bad shape and not run-able. I was expecting steep hills, technical stuff, mud, and rocks, but I also got bushwhacking, climbing over/under trees, and miles of eroded trail that was more like a glorified goat path. Hurt my foot trying to avoid sliding off the trail and falling down the hillside.  This was my third time doing this 50k, and every year it’s gotten more gnarly. I think maybe I’m done now.

Some pics:

Nice section of the trail, before it got bad.

Great scenery

Summit of Mr. St. Helena, with traces of snow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, hope your run goes OK.  I didn't really notice this morning.  Good luck on foods!  I'm sure you'll wow them.

Damaris, enjoy your RD.

Margaret, good job on a gnarly one!!

I must admit to watching Boston this morning.  I brought my laptop and was able to stream it.  Kinda watched in between rooms.  The women's was a race until the last mile.

RD here.  Busy work day.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Oh wow. Remember my Riley medication saga, where his two-week prescription was over $3k, then I found a coupon for $300? I asked the vet to send the prescription to a different pharmacy, and that pharmacy said they couldn't get it. Finally found one that could get it, but the vet said sometimes they don't accept the coupon for dogs. I found another coupon that said it worked for pets for $360, so I figured okay, still better than $3000, or the $7000 at other pharmacies. A girl from the surgery department at the vet just called and found a compounding pharmacy that will do it for $61 plus $10 shipping and send it to my house! Talk about above and beyond customer service.

Margaret, if it took you that long, I know it was a tough, tough course. One that will never be on my list, that's for sure. Congratulations!!

Kat and Damaris, enjoy your rest days.

I ran 8, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Hooray for overcast skies and some wind to keep things feeling cool.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Running rest day, did do an upper body workout after work and got a walk in at work. I had to take some stuff to another department that's on the opposite sided of the hospital campus. I was not expecting it to be near 90, so made for a warm walk.

AnonymousGuest, wow, that's quite a deal on the dog drugs.

Docket, enjoy your rest day. Are you packing/getting things ready for London?

GatbsyBird, yikes, that race sounds scary.

KatS, hope you get some rest today since you are at work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'll probably pack the night before if not the day of. We are not early packers.

Damaris