Womens Running

Keep going WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, this consistency is new to me...I pretty much have just winged it for the past 3 years.  I also should have actually followed a plan.  Well if I can get through Apr, May and June I had planned on cutting back in Jul/Aug to start back for Sept, Oct and then Dec.  The plan I found for BB starts Aug 6th and depending on how things go I'll give that one a try.

What I have been doing is resting M, W, F and doing 5, 5, 8 and then a LR...longest has been the one 20 miler then the 24 on Sat.  I've been looking at some plans and most have a mid week (Wed) semi long run of up to 10 miles.  Since I do mine after work I'd have to split that between 5 in the am and 5 at night.  I can give it a shot next week and see if it works for me or if I'll be too tired.  Most of these plans look to be developed for people who want to be competitive if not win.  I just want to be out there having fun.

The hyperthyroidism gives me a lot of fatigue, some days before I started running I had a hard time getting out of bed and would come home after work and just sit.  This has helped but I have to walk a tightrope for too much or not enough.  It's also damaged my kidneys so I need to make sure I stay hydrated but not too much.

Probably TMI.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket – Okay, I am LOL’’ing at the alternative to church! LOL. HCBF’s mom and dad always go on Easter. Last year I went..but that was only because I wanted them to like me LOL. HCBF wants me to go this year..but nope. I feel very uncomfortable there. I won’t go into details..BUT maybe while they are there I will go  drinking. Wink Good luck on the 8!

Oh, I hear you!  I was raised Catholic so all of that feels normal to me, but still.

Sandy, you made me laugh because I was raised Catholic and to me it didn't make sense that my mom would take us camping but then while I was laying at the beach, she was like don't get into the water today, it's Good Friday!  Maybe that's why I'm an atheist because none of this shit makes sense to me, lol.

Karen, nice pics. I'm only doing 18 this weekend so maybe you should give yourself a break and run the same or less. Smile

Damaris

Seloc

Damaris and Lizzie - all this Easter talk reminds me of the year I was dating a fellow Catholic (well, we were both raised that way, anyway).  We each told our families that we were going to the other's for church followed by brunch.  When, in reality, we went bar hopping!!  Truth!!  And it was super fun 

Re: working with mostly men - yep, for me, too.  I think you all figured that with how much I complain about the stinkies   And, yep, just a different kind of drama.  The smart and secure ones are AWESOME to work with!  Not such a fan of the delicate flowers that are really just a bunch of big babies.  The one dude was all upset the other day because he couldn't answer a question I asked.  NBD to me!  Just say you don't know and I will move on!  Instead he accuses me of asking him on purpose to make him feel bad.  What the what??

Cathy - laughing at you being put on display!  OMG too funny.

Thought I would have time for more but forgot about an all hands call with the new boss' bossman.  More manana!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

DHuffman, have you considered training by time? For my 1 and only full, I did 0 runs of 20 miles. My longest run was 16 miles. I went by the 3 hour guideline. Partially due to the fact that I made the decision late, so it was the best I could do on limited time. Basically, there is a line of thinking with long runs that when you start getting over the 3 hour mark, recovery becomes an issue. I did a 1.5 hour run on Saturday & a 3 hour run on Sunday for about 5 weeks. I also find that my body does not react well once I start getting past about 8 hours per week--fun things like break outs, sleep issues, periods get closer together, PMS symptoms for like 2 weeks. When I stay around 7 hours or less, all that stops. So it can be a matter of figuring out what weekly time volume works best for you, then build your plan around it.

Anonymous Guest

I got 6 miles in this morning - yay! Then I had to go pick up DH's computer from the Apple store and stop at the grocery store. Got it all done just before the heavy rain started. Still need to do my strength workout yet today.

I was always the only (or one of the only) females in most of my jobs too. Engineer, so no surprise. I remember when I was working for a geotech consultant in Oakland and we were partnering with some other firms to bid on a Port of Oakland contract. For the presentation, my boss was going to send this more experienced engineer, but they asked if we had a female engineer that could do it. (I was better at presenting anyway, although he knew more about the subject.) So I ended up doing a lot of presentations and proposal work once we got that job. It was fun. A story I think I've told here before - another office we had a pumpkin carving contest for halloween. My boss left the engineering department pumpkin in my office, because they decided I was the only one that could do it. So I made it look like my boss. And the engineering department beat out all the other departments for the win. And my boss, who probably didn't think anything about giving it to me to do, begrudgingly gave me kudos for turning it around on him.

Sandy, you won a game!!! I bet your team was proud of themselves.

Kathryn, your storm is almost here. I think the worst of it is going north of us though. Bummer on the taxes.

Damaris, laughing at your Easter experiences in PR. I like running in my neighborhood here on Sundays, because it's the only time the construction workers take off. If there's daylight and not Sunday, they are building houses. So Sundays are nice and quiet with no work trucks.

Cathy, haha, you busted me on the trail run comment! I meant fun FOR HER. Although I'd do a trail race if the trails were like the ones I was on in Portland, very few roots, no rocks. I'd still stress about getting lost, though.

Liz, I'm pretty bad about drinking water too. I need to start carrying a water bottle around all the time again - when I did that I was much better about it. DH is not coming to Boston - he'll actually be there next week for work, but decided to skip it this time. He's really busy at work right now, he's already experienced it once, and it's hard with it being on a Monday. He may end up in Prague that week, in which case he's gonna have to take the dog in for boarding. .

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

HCK, I do have an older training plan with time based but for the 50k it was based on I did have two 5 hour "runs" scheduled.  At my 16 min pace it takes me about 5 hours to get 20 miles done.  All of the plans I've seen online and in books have at least one 24 mile run in and the one I did took 7:39.  Course my avg pace dropped to 19:08 so those last 7 miles would have been terrible.

That one is in the history books so all I can do is work on improving.

LC Runs

Happy Wednesday 

4.5 miles tonight, finally a really nice day to run, about 45 degrees, sunny and little wind.  I left the office about 15 minutes early so I would get home at a decent time.

Lizzie - that is funny about the running date!  As far as gender in the office, ours is all women.  Our department (3 offices) has only 2 men, one is a nurse.

Judy - we had some rain yesterday, too, though it thankfully cleared out by the afternoon.  Couple of busy days for you!

Sue - how did your eval go?

Tessa - ouch on the fall, hope you are okay!

Kupcakes - oh boy on the oven, it always seems to be something.  I am pretty sure I need a new dishwasher and clothes dryer, neither one work very well but I will wait until they completely die LOL

Diane - hope your back feels good for your LR!

Sandy - whoo hoo on the win!!  It was chilly this morning, great job!

Kat - I use Turbo Tax as well, hope you figured out your issue.  Ugh on the rain!

Damaris - I like your PR holidays!!

Karen - glad the guy showed up early so you were able to run.  LOL on your DH in those pics!

Cathy - ahhh, yes, puberty!  Fun times LOL!!

Elina - glad you had a stress relieving run!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with 3 of them faster. Was aiming for HM pace, 2 were slower, one was faster.

I work in education, so way more women than men.

LCRuns, the dishwasher & dryer were both replaced recently--held out until both died. Do not recommend this method. It sucks to try to find the space to air dry a full load of laundry and it's just as fun to hand wash a full dishwasher.

LC Runs

6 miles with 3 of them faster. Was aiming for HM pace, 2 were slower, one was faster.

I work in education, so way more women than men.

LCRuns, the dishwasher & dryer were both replaced recently--held out until both died. Do not recommend this method. It sucks to try to find the space to air dry a full load of laundry and it's just as fun to hand wash a full dishwasher.

K - nice run!  Okay,I LOL'd about the dryer/dishwasher issue, you make a good point!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris and Lizzie - all this Easter talk reminds me of the year I was dating a fellow Catholic (well, we were both raised that way, anyway).  We each told our families that we were going to the other's for church followed by brunch.  When, in reality, we went bar hopping!!  Truth!!  And it was super fun 

Re: working with mostly men - yep, for me, too.  I think you all figured that with how much I complain about the stinkies   And, yep, just a different kind of drama.  The smart and secure ones are AWESOME to work with!  Not such a fan of the delicate flowers that are really just a bunch of big babies.  The one dude was all upset the other day because he couldn't answer a question I asked.  NBD to me!  Just say you don't know and I will move on!  Instead he accuses me of asking him on purpose to make him feel bad.  What the what??

Cathy - laughing at you being put on display!  OMG too funny.

Thought I would have time for more but forgot about an all hands call with the new boss' bossman.  More manana!!

Ha, the first time I went to a club on Good Friday, thought I was going to be struck down, lol!

Damaris