Womens Running

National Underwear Day Wednesdaily (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sue - LOL on the exploding underwear drawer!  I am a bra hoarder, even though I only like a few of the ones I have.

Damaris - it may be the CO monitor, apparently they start beeping once they expire (10 years I think).  My kids called me one day at work because it would not stop going off and even unplugging it did nothing (they opened windows, etc).  They had to destroy it eventually cause my poor dog was terrified.  I guess its a sure fire way to get you to buy another one!

Lizzie - hope the day is less crazy now!!

Lori - I know a lot of people run commando LOL, I just can't do it 

Kathi - I know, I had long sleeves and capris on this morning (and my hands were cold).  Really nice though and yes, that is shorts weather in the winter!

Sandy - my DD;s are VS fans, too.  I am a cheapie and get them at Kohl's!  This week and last week were the s l o w e s t  work weeks, omg!  Yes, I will post pics of the doggies.  I would post before pics but I am seriously embarrassed, I hope they don't turn me in to the dog protection people, they look like  homeless ragamuffins and are starting to mat.  I don't think they care much, other then neither can see through their bangs! DD has trimmed the hair over the weeks so it is really disastrous!

Cathy - Girl, you are rocking your training, awesome!!  I am cracking up over all of your male friends that are questioning each other, that is great!!  I love DD's response 

Lisa - glad you and A had a good run this am!!  That is a bit frustrating about the kids - my mom's best friend has been dating someone for many years (her husband died in his 50's) and his daughter has been hell on wheels the entire time.  His wife (her mom) died of cancer and she was sick for a long time.  He started dated my mom's friend maybe a year later and she will not get over it, has told him she is going to stop talking to him if they don't break up, choose her or me, like wacko jacko stuff.  This chick is probably close to 40 with a family of her own.  Deal with your own life and leave your Dad alone. And, my mom's friend is a nice, normal lady so there can't be any real complaints/concerns.  Cuckoo!!

Margaret - hello, fellow underwear runner wearer!!

Ooh, I didn't know this. If the new battery does not work then I'll have him buy one. Thanks!

Damaris

Seloc

Lisa - awwwww nice run with A!  That is a bit strange his boys are being so weird about your relationship.  Especially since it's been so long since divorce and their ages!!  Do you think it might be a cultural thing?  Interesting about the full moon and lower energy!  Glad you are feeling better.  Interesting about the topical CBD - I will look for some and give it a whirl. I've taken CBD tincture a few times but not sure I noticed any effects.  Maybe I should also go back to drinking my mixture of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and turmeric.  Turmeric is supposed to be good for inflammation as well.

Margaret - LOL at "too open and breezy" haha.  Keeps ya cool!!

Laura - awwww poor doggies LOL.  I can't wait to see them all prettied up!  Laughing at DD giving their bangs a haircut.  OMG I bet you are right on the 10 year CO2 monitor expiring!!  I did not know that.  And, kinda funny now - a few years ago I woke up to beeping and thought it was the smoke alarm.  You have to turn off the breaker to get those darn things to stop beeping if they are hardwired in.  Replaced the battery, still beeping.  EVEN BOUGHT A NEW ONE AND INSTALLED IT MYSELF!!  Still freakin beeping.  Only THEN do I realize it's the CO2 monitor that is plugged into the wall socket just below the smoke alarm.  Sheesh.  What a dumb dumb.  And, now that you mention it, pretty sure it was exactly 10 years old.   Odd about the daughter not liking your mom's best friend.  Sounds like underlying issues with her mom's death or something.

Day 2 DOMS is no joke.  And I am a completely out of shape wimp...  Stuck on more engineering calls.  ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz It sure would be nice to work with at least one female.  Cathy, what is the dem in your group?  I just really don't wanna work anymore.  Could someone please find me a nice gentleman that cooks and can pay my mortgage??  I promise to do everything else!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yes, I wear underwear when I exercise. I can't imagine going braless. Ouch! 

Wednesday I awoke to dense fog clear up here. I decided not to go to the park because of the denser fog in that area. Deer can come up fast on the trail. Instead, I did a 40 minute cardio dvd. Run tomorrow. It's much more fun than dvds. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ccoakley

Did a 6 mi speed workout solo and then a super easy 3 mi run/walk to the playground with the Bob.  All my running shorts have liners, no doubling up for me.

I'm in Richmond too, in the West End.  We moved down here 3 yrs ago from the DC suburbs and love Richmond!  I work for a fed gov statistical agency and have been full-time telework since we moved.

Liz, I see you tentatively still have Richmond listed, did you see they're going ahead with Ashland Patrick Henry HM IRL with lots of new restrictions?  If it goes well i think it bodes well for Richmond going ahead with a modified plan.  I'm not registered but I'm half-heartedly training for it just in case.

LC Runs, any of your kids having to decide whether to return to dorms?  I know Covid sucks a lot for a lot of people but my heart really goes out to all the high school/college kids that are missing some pretty important milestone years.  Hope they're staying safe and able to make the best of it.

RTurtles, obviously I don't know any back story here but if you have an opportunity to run a PR marathon even if it isn't 'real' I'd take it.  You never know with injuries and life you may never be at this fitness level again and then you'll always wonder.  And if it happens on Garmin/Strava it counts :-)

GatsbyBird, do you run with a stroller?  The double took some time to get used to but I love how much crap I can carry without wearing any of it.  Multiple water bottles, gatorade, wallet, keys, phone etc.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – LOL. How annoying with the smoke detector! WHY does it always happen in the middle of the night?! 51?! I hate you.

Laura – Excuse me, did you say 46?! WHAT! Ugh!!! I want that! Send it here. Nice run! I may have ran 20 miles if I had those temps this morning. LOL. Oh, and that is perfect weather for camping this weekend!

Susan – Ugh, my underwear drawer is the same way. The North East got hit pretty bad!

Lori – LOL enjoy those commando miles! 😊

Run4kupcakes – Nice run this morning! I would think running in a long t-shirt would be uncomfortable? What a frustrating situation with your BIL.

Sandy – Ugh, I was thinking the same thing – how is it only Wednesday? Is work still crazy for you? You have that week off to look forward too!!! I still haven’t requested time off yet. I am worried about putting this burden on someone else even if only for one-two days. VS girl, huh? 😉 I run in a thong! Good idea with the treat after wiping Lily’s feet. Duh Liz, I should have done that! We are trying to slow down the treats because Ruger has put on some corona weight LOL. You will have to video Lily in the drive-thru 😊.

Cathy – Wow, nice run today. You are just crushing it. You will blow that 4:06 PR out of the water. You take your weather and shove it. LOL. Send it this wayyyyyyy. I AM SO HAPPY SUMMER IS ENDING. Fall is just my FAVORITE time of year and brings all sorts of good things. Thanksgiving, sweatshirts, JEANS, warm colors…Christmas!! I mean!!! See, I am already excited. I know you and Sandy live for that Summer though – and I would too if I was in your area. You guys have great Summers! Sorry you are still feeling blah ☹. Hope the day goes by fast! Good luck at the swimming lesson.

Lisa – Nice run with your honey this morning 😊.

Margaret – Agree about the breeziness!!! Have a great run this evening.

Judy – Runs are way better than cardio DVD’s!

Ccoakley – Nice run for you this morning! I guess I should say double run. West End – ha, you are about 20 minutes from me! I am in Goochland! Small world 😊. I saw that about the half and was tempted to sign up. I feel like its going to be a pain in the ass, though. Staggered starts scare me because I don’t want to be standing around waiting forever. Are you planning on running Richmond?

I need some sunshine therapy. Feel like ive been stuck in this house for days. Tired of work and tired of COVID. Ugh.

Have a great evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

https://tuneupcbd.com/products/lavender-calm-cbd-balm?variant=28035835297892

This is what I have been using. Picked it up when they had a BOGO sale which is rare. I also get the full spectrum oil from them. It did take a couple of months and was sort of subtle. Not being as creaky or sore isn't quite the same as being creaky or sore... you don't notice it as fast. I doubt that the underlying issues went away and yes my knees get sore after running 20+ miles but that isn't really surprising, is it? It's only at the 100k point that I seem to be sore for a few days. So I will say this has helped. I used to need more days off than I do now would be another way to look at it and the aging process has not reversed. LOL I do also drink turmeric tea but not much in the summer.

Lisa - awwwww nice run with A!  That is a bit strange his boys are being so weird about your relationship.  Especially since it's been so long since divorce and their ages!!  Do you think it might be a cultural thing?  Interesting about the full moon and lower energy!  Glad you are feeling better.  Interesting about the topical CBD - I will look for some and give it a whirl. I've taken CBD tincture a few times but not sure I noticed any effects.  Maybe I should also go back to drinking my mixture of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and turmeric.  Turmeric is supposed to be good for inflammation as well.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Our trip to hike on the Continental Divide was not so fun. There was an annoying family that got to the trailhead we went to just before we did. Loud, screaming kids, etc. There was a search and rescue going on, and signs warning of steep dropoffs, rocky trails, etc. so you'd think maybe with a couple small kids in this family of about 7, they'd think twice. Nope. Plus our dogs don't hike well. They are getting better (again) at walking on leashes since I take them out 2-3 times a day here, but there was just too much new stuff going on and they were kind of assholes. So we hiked out about a quarter mile, took a couple pictures, and called it good.

Then we came home and all napped for a couple hours. Maybe the high altitude made us extra tired? Anyway, some clouds have moved in and at almost 4 pm it's only 74 degrees, no sun, so I think I'm going to head out for a short run.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh Karen. 

my husband’a friend (doctor in Miami) is in the ICU intubated from Covid.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hey to everyone, I am home.  My ONLY contribution today...  Commando baby!  Especially since I wear Sparkle Skirts with the compression shorts.  No need.

Check in tomorrow.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Damaris - no problem, I hope that works!  Oh no about DH's friend, I hope he does okay 

Seloc - so annoying about the monitor, you'd think they'd have it make some other sound or flash a light or something so people didn't think they were going to die from poisoning or smashing it with a hammer!!

Judy - OMG I just died laughing about your bra comment, I didn't even put together that underwear also refers to bras!!  

CC - nice speedwork run!!  Yes, my kids have all been affected school wise with this mess. My oldest DD had no college graduation (though she lived off campus so that wasn't an issue).  My older son left school (dorms) in March when stuff started.  He's returning to another college and living in an apartment and most of his classes will be online/hybrid.  My younger DD had no prom, graduation or open house (they finally decided on a drive by graduation end of July but she was over it and didn't participate).  She is not going to college so no dorm drama at least! Youngest will be going in person to high school, at least that's the plan.  Craziness!

LIzzie - I won't tell you I wore jeans and a long sleeve shirt today   I will send you sunshine though if that makes up for it!!

LIsa - interesting on the oil, I have not tried any CBD products but have heard good things!

Karen - sorry the hike was a bust.  Hope you are feeling better after the nap!

Kat - ha ha, Commando, I love it!!

Speaking of younger DD, she got the job at my friend's law practice and starts full time mid August (finishing up her current part time job) She even became a notary public today, she's like, "I had to go to the courthouse and take an oath and everything" LOL.  She and two girlfriends are renting the house in town (one of the girl's sister owns it and is moving).  She's really excited.  They are nice girls and I think will do okay.  I told her no wild parties and I have good friends that live a couple of houses down and she says, "well, mom, we don't have enough friends to have a wild party!"  Kind of cracked me up.

4 mile walk with tall friend tonight, I decided today to walk at the track while DS had soccer practice and she met me up there.

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, sorry about your DH's friend, hope he pulls through.

Lisa, A's boys didn't seem to have a problem with their dad's personal life when we met them in Cambridge after Pineland, has something changed?

Cathy, I had both kids in swim classes when they were 3 years old and were eligible for Parks & Rec classes. DD is a good swimmer, DS not so skilled but if he fell in he could certainly make it to safety.

Underwear? I wear it if I'm going to wear the shorts more than once. Usually don't bother if I'm going to be throwing them in the wash after one wearing (ie race or long run). I'm cheap. Target big packs of underpants.

Bras I do hang onto because my weight fluctuates and my bosom gets bigger or smaller. I don't want to toss out bras that I might wear again.

CC, agree wholeheartedly about the kids who are missing important milestones. I live in Santa Clarita which had a nasty school shooting last November. The Saugus High seniors had both a shooting (three kids died) and then COVID. I am really sorry for that group.

BTW Santa Clarita just announced that their marathon won't happen this year either. I'm glad I did a race in February, because that may be it for this year!

And I am headed out in the morning. DD was in a car accident today. She was in the intersection with the green light, two blocks from work having just finished her shift, and some 80+ year old guy ran the red light and T-boned her car. She went spinning across the intersection and reported that the impact was hard enough to knock some pins off her backpack even though they had locks on the back of them. She's OK, her car is totaled. She was transported back to the hospital she works at for X rays and assessment. Witness said "I was at the red light and the car in the other lane went into the intersection and hit the red car" so the other driver has already been ticketed for running te red.

I should be able to make southern Oregon tomorrow night and Spokane by Friday afternoon. She wants her mom.

I did get 4 in this morning before getting the dreaded "Mom? Everyone's OK...but the car is a writeoff" call.