Womens Running

Chicka Chicka YEAH its FRIYAY (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

HCK/Karen, good to know about the Bissel.  My concern is that all my pups have long hair...

Diane, I had a shark and it clogged up terribly and just died.

Margaret, if you come for Rocky I will crew you!!!  (That is if I do a good job at Woodstock.)  Also more in the Austin area is Tejas Trails.  I love their races and RD's.  TROT is definitely more Houston.  Rocky is Tejas though.  Tejas also does Bandera, but maxes at 100K.  (I remember Katie saying they must have brought rocks in for Bandera...)  Both are Western States qualifiers.

WATCH SHIPPED!!!!

No to the half tomorrow, talk of cancelling due to storms.

Need to get off the couch and do something.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Our Shark clogged and died too.

Bunch of races around here have canceled for tomorrow. Especially stuff on trails, because even if it's not awful in the morning (which it still is predicted to be), the rain we've been getting has made trail conditions awful and putting a bunch of runners on them is not good for them when they are that way.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

I vacuum every other day and sweep the other days (we have tile throughout).  I'm sure that helps.

The Rocky 50 is on my radar for some year in the future.  I am kind of leery about winter races even as far south as TX.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – Nice workout this morning! Those muffins look SO GOOD. I may have to try those! I think even HCF would like them. Its time to start slowing down as in pace – yes! Its just hard to acclimate to it. I think the lack of water had something to do with it too. I don’t drink enough when I am traveling. I hope you are able to get outta there early today!

Lori – Uhm, mental health days are a MUST. You, my friend, are in need of one! Relax! I hope you enjoyed it.

Cathy – You make your French silk pies? You don’t buy them?! 😊 Your Saturday sounds super busy. Glad you will be able to relax on Sunday 😊 Ugh, I wish slowing down was that easy! I have a hard time slowing down once I am out there and in a rhythm. 😊 Jealous of your weather over there. Sigh.

Docket – You haven’t seen Superbad?! Its stupid humor at its finest. Maybe that’s why I enjoy it so much.

Run4kupcakes – Never paid attention to the heart rate and periods before. Maybe I should start. My period is very irregular and it usually depends on how much I am running. I think you have that issue, too. BUT…there are a lot of times where my resting heart rate is elevated and I don’t feel like it should be. That makes sense that it is depending on my cycle..but then what if your cycle is all messed up from running anyways?!

Diane – Your weekend sounds fun!

Okay. Work just exploded..OF COURSE...I was having such a quiet day until 4:45pm. AHHH. Catch up with everyone else later...

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Yay to Friday!

5 morning miles, nice to sleep in a bit.  I got some cleaning done before I went running, then I ran errands this afternoon.  I so love my Fridays off!

LIzzie - nice 8!  Hope your day went well, sounds like you are liking the job!!

Sandy - I love to sleep, too, though I am always tired whether I sleep or not lol.  Hope you were able to start your weekend early!!  I need to check out the muffin recipe

Lori - mental health days are important!  Biking to work would be an awesome way to get in some cross training!

Cathy - oh my, French Silk pie?  I am hungry and that sounds so good!  Have a good Mother's Day weekend!

Damaris - I"ve seen the movie and remember I liked it but I don't remember specifics  LOL.  Enjoy Pilates!

Diane - Sounds like a fun weekend!

HCK - I have not heard of that, interesting though!

Kat - keep me posted on the vacuum, I have a Shark but it is my 3rd one in 10 years.  2 Cats and 2 dogs plus upstairs carpet, ugh.  My vacuum filter always looks like there is an animal in it with all the hair ha ha !

Karen - glad the weather cooperated and you were able to get in some miles!  I bet the landscaping will look great!

LIzzie - why do problems always happen at the end of the week????  Hope you get out of there quick!

Prom is tomorrow night and my younger DD is going.  My mom is coming down for the night to see her and hang out and then we'll probably go out to eat Sunday.

Supposed to meet up with a friend and run a few tomorrow morning and there is a FREEZE warning bleh.  I keep reminding myself that at least it's not snow!!

Arimathea

Tessa

What's a vacuum? The only room that still has carpet is DS's room, and I hope to get that refloored this summer. I sweep fairly often and scrub the bathroom once or twice a week when we have runny little kittens in it.

I can ask DD what vacuum she has, though...her hair is probably 3.5 feet long, down to midthigh or just above her knees. And she has two cats. I'm guessing her vacuum is heavy duty.

Lisa, no need for sexy gifts. Comfy is much more fun now!

Judy, sounds like you are putting your patio to good use!

Damaris, 200 skirts?? Where do you PUT them all, do you have a room just for skirts?

HCK - Fortunately for me the period tracker is no longer an issue. Haven't had one since 2012. But I am with Cathy, I worry about how much data is being collected and that the focus is the data and how it can be monetized and used for marketing. I don't wear a Fitbit so someone can figure out how to try and sell me more stuff. (Doesn't work anyway, I am very good at resisting sales efforts.)

Karen, that rain sounds awful. And I think it's probably a good thing not to have the races when the trails are that muddy. I wonder how ticked off the parks people were when they saw the trails at Brazos Bend after the race in December -- especially where all the runners tried to find more secure footing in the grass on the side of the trail. That first out and back was particularly awful.

No run today. Woke up on time but dallied and wound up not getting out in the morning, had a client meeting at lunch, and got home to a messy house and rain showers. I have a hiking date tomorrow with two colleagues and a client, who is also a friend who I've known a very long time.

However, running news: I signed up for Spokane. Need to start a training program since I am no longer in good enough shape to hear about a marathon on Monday and race it on Saturday. (I would like to get back to that level of fitness.) It's in October so I have some time to train.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL, they fit into storage boxes.

I have more INKnBURN than Sparkle Skirt skirts so do the math. Big grin

Damaris