Womens Running

Yay its the WEEKEND!! (DAILIES) (Read 23 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

woohoo!!

Good luck Houston ladies!!! Smile

Anyone else racing this weekend?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me. Heading to a core class in a few.

Started off at 50 degrees, by the time the run was done it was 35 and raining. I was in shorts and a tank...a little chilly!! Mostly my hands. First few miles kinda sucked..aches everywhere..but then it turned out to be awesome! Felt strong by the end!

This ends me at 56+ miles for the week. I have two more peak weeks left and I am going for 60mpw for at least one of them if not both. That was my goal when I started training this time around. I am hoping the slow build up will prevent any serious injury. LOL.

We will be back to a high of 40 today. From running in the  warm rain yesterday..to running in cold rain today - if I dont get sick, my immune system is pretty awesome. LOL.

Low key weekend. Having dinner with my mom tomorrow night for her birthday. Not much else going on. Hoping to relax for most of it. OH..my 92 year old grandpa had back surgery yesterday! And you know what? Everything went great and he had instant relief. So crazy what they can do these days! Smile

Karen - YES! We got some cheese too. I call them free Saturdays because a lot of the time they have something for free. One time they had Twix ice cream! I need to check this weeks.

Run4kupcakes - It was very foggy last night! Are you colder today? Crazy weather. Are you in for snow next week too?

Happy Saturday!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

On the plane. Chest is congested and I feel run down. i still think it’s asthma so GTFU asthma!

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, do you pretreat with a rescue inhaler before you race?

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday’s run was a fun adventure. It was 52° F. so I wore some lighter capri tights. My quads would regret this later.  It would be starting to sleet and freeze in a few hours and I was determined to get this run done outside. The very heavy blowing rain lightened up so after waiting a few minutes in the car I started out. My jacket is water repellant so with that and my visor I was all set. A cold wind suddenly started picking up. I stayed in the park area closer to my car since I was getting blown around quite a bit. At the end of 40 minutes I stopped because my hands were getting too cold, even tucked inside the jacket with gloves. When I got home my quads and calves were bright red.  Nevertheless, they felt great after the run.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

3 on the TM and lower body weights.  Meeting my BRF for lunch since we haven't been able to get outside. We are signed up for a 10K next Sunday, I sure hope it warms up before then.  I'll take 25 degrees at this point.

Lizzie - yikes, that is a big temperature drop.  Weather has been so bi polar.  Great running week!  Enjoy the birthday dinner with your mom!

Damaris - good luck, I hope you feel better!

Judy - glad you got outside before the weather went south again!

Anonymous Guest

Super lazy morning. Slept until 8:30, drank coffee, drank more coffee, played on the internet. I do need to run a few miles, probably a few strides at the end to remind my legs I'm racing tomorrow. Not sure what to expect tomorrow - perfect weather and flat, fast course, but since mid-November I've pretty much been just running easy mileage. I think I have decent fitness, but I wouldn't say I'm at peak racing fitness.

Edited to add: hey Cathy, is this your friend?

http://www.khou.com/features/from-the-back-of-the-start-line-marathoner-running-to-help-houstonians/506558720

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, do you pretreat with a rescue inhaler before you race?

Yeah. That’s the only thing I have kept from my asthma meds. I am also medicating with it today.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Good luck racers!! Woot Woot Woot!!  Anyone besides Karen/Damaris??

Lizzie, 50 down to 35 in the rain...  That sounds ugly.  Glad you got it in though.  Enjoy dinner with your mom and relax away!!

Damaris, I hope you feel better for the race.  Is DH doing the half??

Judy, sounds like a challenging time yesterday.

Laura, enjoy your lunch!

Karen, nice you got to relax this morning.  I'm sure you will rock it out tomorrow!

Diane, where are you???   I like the daily Buddha postings, but miss hearing from you!

Just got back from a short 4.  Wanted more, but oh well. I envision a lazy day on the couch, football will start in an hour or so.  Got up this morning and was about to make my coffee.  NO MILK!  Who drank all the milk?  Damn dogs...  So, off to the store.  Not my desired way to start a relaxing Saturday.

Oh, annoyed.  I got glasses - first ones besides cheapie readers.  They are progressives, recommended by the optician or whatever she is.  The top part for driving is AMAZING!  I can see.  The bottom part for reading is at best so-so.  But the middle part where you are supposed to be able to see life - computer, TV, car dashboard is all a blurry mess.  No way I can drive in them, because I can't see the dash.  No way I can wear them to work because I can't see anything other than distance.  UGH, and they were expensive.  Hopefully they can/will rectify it.

Waves to everyone to come!!

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

SugarLand

Karen Have a great race tomorrow

Half Crazy K 2.0

9.5 miles. Our temperature drop happened overnight. Last night it was 60 and very foggy. This morning it was 32 and snow flurries were flying around. More wind too, which is always pleasant. Not.

Good luck tomorrow AnonymousGuest & Docket!

Anonymous Guest

Was awesome seeing Docket and Mr. Docket for dinner tonight. My DH even made an appearance. Of course, didn't think to get a picture until we were halfway home.

Thanks for the good wishes, all! Tomorrow's going to be a long day, so I'm heading to bed. Alarm is set for 4, I'm picking up another guy at 5 and we should be downtown before 6. I'm thinking my one runner may not finish until 1 pm or so, so I hope I brought enough warm, dry clothes. My plan if I get bored waiting is to run easy back along the course a few miles and then run back with him if he's hurting.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Whew, busy day today.  Volunteered at a trail race today, then ran the 10k course (not as part of the race, just ran it because I was there), then dashed home and cleaned up, and then drove to my Dad's house for a family dinner.  Just got home.  Got nothing done around the house today.  Need groceries.  So glad I have a three day weekend!

Go Damaris, Karen, and Karen's running group!

Lizzie, woohoo on lots of miles this week!  Cut back week next week?  Weird how it got colder as you ran.  I'd be hypothermic in a tank and shorts in those conditions!  But then, I'd be wearing long sleeves if it were 50, so I've just got a cold internal thermostat.

Judy, yikes, sounds like the weather did a number on you too!

LC, bipolar seems like a good description of the weather that many of have right now.

Kat, bummer on the glasses.  Hopefully the optician will let you exchange the transitions for different lenses.  Seems like she should if she pushed them on you.  At least there's more football tomorrow!

Hi Sugarland, Kupcakes, and any one else out there.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

Good luck, racers!

Lizzie, nice mileage! All those rainy runs help the immune system, that's for sure. And true - medicine can do wonders now; DH had shoulder surgery in Jan (yay, floorball!) and it healed in no time.

So, we lost to Estonian team, but we lacked literally the whole first line (won't comment on that, still angry). Given the amount of rookies that accordingly had to be put in important roles, we did well. It was really nice to play against EST; different faces from those that we've played against year after year after year in LV league. Next weekend, tho, we have a must-win game.

Oh, and we finally got some cold temps Smile Its 19 degrees now, w real-feel at 14! Woo! Getting my face-mask out of drawer Big grin Absolutely no idea about the planned distance... Maybe 6mi, maybe 12. Will see how it goes.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for this girl!

Slept like crap. Tossing and turning and waking up in sweats. I have woken up in sweats all week this week. Not sure what is going on..its annoying though. Waking up with hair glued to your face. Haha. I am going to be 31 next week (shudder) - too early for the change! LOL. I need to try and pop a window or something.

We ran errands yesterday and took a lot of naps. Perfect day! We are meeting my parents for dinner tonight for my moms birthday. My mom always makes cakes for our birthdays but no one ever makes one for hers - so I did. Her favorite is carrot cake..I homemade it from scratch. I hope it is good! I can't get past putting carrots in a cake. Just seems so odd! I wish I could try it before tonight just to make sure. Oh well I guess we will see. I put cream cheese icing on it and walnuts around the sides. Crossing my fingers it turned out!

I am sure we will just be lazy today. We are back in the teens all week - back to double layers every day. Sigh. That reminds me I need to order more hand warmers.

Judy - Sounds like your run Friday was like my run yesterday. Glad you were able to get it done. After the really cold runs I notice my butt is purple Smile OH I tried to get that jacket you have, but Dicks apparently doesn’t sell it anymore! I can’t find a place that does!

Laura - Nice workout yesterday and hope you had a good time at lunch! Woohoo for a 10K!!

Karen - Good luck today!!!! I can’t wait to hear about how your baby runners did! OH they place you ate at last night - was that the same place we ate? That place was good!

Docket - Good luck today and I hope you are feeling better!!!

Kathryn - Nice job on the 4 yesterday. Nothing wrong with a lazy day. What a bummer about the glasses!!! They should be able to rectify that no problem I would think.

Run4kupcakes - Wow, nice run yesterday!

Margaret - Yay for 3 day weekend! Also yay for volunteering!! Smile Yes, next week is sort of a cut back..not too big of a cut though. Probably staying the mid 40’s. Completely agree that this weather has bee severely bi-polar!

Kilmisters - Sorry for the loss yesterday Sad I hope running a few miles in the cold helped relieve some of that anger Smile We are back to the teens as well.

Good luck Houston ladies!!! I will be thinking about you!!!

Happy Sunday!