Womens Running

Apple Pie MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Apple Pie Day..for breakfast? Wink

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me!

I am in Bethesda, MD for my grandpa's funeral - let me just say - there are some people with MONEY out here! Had a great run this morning running through rich people's neighborhoods. "Oooing" and "ahhinh" at these beautiful homes - haha. Very cute area. Weather up here is 50! 50 and drizzle..it was perfect! I even got a little chilly Smile Great run. Love exploring.

Yesterday we went to my brothers for a cookout - what normally is about a 2 hour trip took is 3+ hours due to heavy rain and people driving like idoits. So exhausting! We have the funeral around 11:30 and then a lunch. Today will be a tough day.

I am going to work this morning and then after the funeral. Since I am traveling tomorrow and Wednesday, I don't want things to get back logged! So glad this upcoming weekend we have NO PLANS. OH speaking of my travels - I looked up the weather for where I am going Tuesday night so I could pack appropriate run wear - uhm 39!!! 3-9!!!! Heaven!

Kathryn – Aw, I am sorry you are feeling that way. The weather doesn’t help. Plus..we did have a pretty kick ass weekend a few weeks ago. Makes coming back to the real world hard! FEEL BETTER XOXO. WOOHOO nice job on the 7!!

Karen – Wooho, nice 8 yesterday! Loving this crafty side to Karen 😊

Lori – You and Margaret are just machines out there!

Laura – Nice run yesterday! I agree about running alone..if I could find a running partner that I could rely on, I would be all for it. But finding reliable people that DON’T run is hard enough. LOL. I mean, I think if I lived close to any of you ladies we would be great running partners! 😉

Damaris – Hang in there. XOXOX

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I shall run today. Smile  And I don't like apple pie, lol.

Liz, nice run.  And hugs.

Damaris

I need to catch up. Was planning to go to the Y this morning, but I felt terrible yesterday and kinda weak this morning when I got up so I bagged it. I waited to eat breakfast and now I'm starting to feel better.

Still tired from keeping grand baby over the weekend. Wow! IDK how my daughter gets anything done! And her husband is very helpful, thank goodness. I'm still worn out. I had to carry Ann Marie back and forth to let dogs out and in, take stuff around the house, etc. Skye was really good and calm, but OMG Gracie was a nutcase.  She barked all the way to the house (20 minute drive). She also tried to run through the screen on the porch more than once.

No running over the weekend, but I did join the Y, does that count for anything?

So...DS2 and his fiance are out of town for the week.  I'm picking up Deuce and Stark from the doggie day care (I could not keep Ann Marie, Gracie, and Skye AND Deuce and Stark all at the same time over the weekend!!). I didn't tell DH that i was going to bring the blondes to our house...I hope I can vacuum up all that hair before he gets home!!  Now it looks like he may be able to come home next weekend while the ship is in port in Tampa.

Lizzie--hugs to you. I know today will be difficult

Karen-"Lisa, walking distance to House of Flavors.....that feels like targeted marketing."  I am in HR, not in marketing so I know not what you speak of.

https://www.rei.com/used

I have purchased shoes thru this... Maybe something else but can't remember.

Liz-hugs.

Sue-feel better.

Lisa

dhuffman63

Trails

Morning all.

Liz my condolences.  My grandparents died while I was stationed in Germany so I didn't go to the funeral.  In fact, I've never been to one.

Kat I probably have undiagnosed depression which is one of the problems associated with my autoimmune disease...along with anxiety.  As long as the symptoms are manageable I'd rather not take any meds.  At my size it's hard to get correct dosages as most meds are formulated for grown adults and not kid sized ones. What I find worse is the fatigue that I get and my allergies make it hard to breathe compounding the problem.  Life is hard .

Good for you Damaris on today's running.  I think I might go up to the gym and get some miles in too.  My massage therapist does cupping now and wow!  it really helps my back. She's looking into Graston also as I told her that it has helped other runners (you are the reason she looked into cupping, lol).

I don't like apple pie either so I had cake instead.  One of the payroll ladies makes a spice cake that is SO good.

Sue, I know what you mean about babysitting.  I've done the weekend with Sylvia a couple of times and come home just exhaustive.  Babies are for young people that's for sure.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, not a fan of apple pie either.  My grandmother used to put a slice of american cheese on it.  blech.  Glad you got a good run in.  Good luck today at the funeral.

Damaris, hope the run is good and you are rejuvenated.

Sue, sounds like a lot baby sitting.  I hope you enjoy the Y.

Hi Lisa!

Diane, looking forward to seeing you soon!!!

My depression isn't toooo bad in general, just a bit annoying.  I don't feel depressed, but know I am.  I can tell the signs.

Annoyed, there was a photo class I wanted to take this morning, but the forecast was for clouds and storms so I didn't sign up.  What is it out, BEAUTIFUL.

Work was really long last night, I didn't get out till after 11pm, stayed up till 2am, and got up at 9am.  I just feel tired.  And hungry.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  Busy weekend, but it started with FIL going to the ER on Friday.  He has been having some episodes of slow, slurred speech, and slow movement, like he is in slow motion.  This was a longer one and MIL was able to take him to the ER while he was in the episode.  They ran some tests, did a CAT scan.  They kept him overnight and will run some more tests today.  They do not think it was a stroke or mini-stroke, but they are not sure what was causing the "spells".  Saturday we went to Chicago to see my parents.  Also ran a small, local 5K on Saturday morning.  So small that I was the 3rd overall female!  I knew the 4th female, she is an instructor at the YMCA.  In the first mile she passed me, then I passed her going uphill.  I could hear her behind me for most of the race.  I was expecting her to outsprint me at the end!    But I managed to stay ahead of her.  Course was fairly hilly for the first half, didn't really enjoy the flatter second half though.    I was one second over my 5K PR, 24:21.  Yesterday was a more relaxing Mother's Day, took the kids to the mall, had dinner at an Italian place and visited the in-laws.  Oh, and I did strength training yesterday after a 2 mile recovery run!!  

Liz, nice hilly run this morning!  Hugs for you today.  Enjoy the cooler weather!  We are supposed to be close to 80 this weekend.  I had a bad headache this weekend too!  After running the 5K.  It also felt like my lungs were on fire.    But hey, 5K's are fun, haha.  Don't be so hard on yourself about work, you've only had the position for a short time.  You will be awesome!  I have confidence in you, you will soon have it in yourself.    I was up until 10:00 on Friday night making pies!  I somehow became "known" for making french silk pie, so that is usually what my family will ask for me to make.  

Damaris, I hope you figured out the cause of the issues.  Enjoy your run!

Sue, I hope you continue to feel better!  Congrats on joining the Y!  

Lisa, hey, Harley chick!    I did not know that REI sold used sporting stuff!  Good to know.

Diane, you have never been to a funeral?  I have been to too many.  The worst was for a friend's daughter that died in a car accident.  She was a college student.

Laura, I hope you recovered from the carb coma, lol.    Sounds like a good Mother's Day!

Karen, the rock idea is good.  Our running team just painted rocks for a race!  I like the idea of using rocks to show progress.  Visuals are always good.    Congrats on your first "real" sponsor!   You are amazing, you should have a ton of sponsors.     I was imagining you telling me to "make it hurt" during my 5K on Saturday.  

Kat, nice job with the 7!  I hope you are feeling better.  Hugs!

Lori, nice running this weekend!  I would not be able to deal with that RP.  

Margaret, awesome job on the trail race!  35 minutes faster is amazing.

Kupcakes, nice workout!

Cathy

Seloc

I haven't had apple pie in AGES.  Probably wouldn't be my first choice but I like it well enough.  Let's see here...  8mi at a decent for me pace on Saturday, 3mi shuffle around the 'hood yesterday and yoga sculpt this morning.  Joining the fast girls in the morning.  Gulp.  Pretty low key weekend but that was good since I'm out of town the next two.  Did some patio sitting in jeans, multiple layers and a fleece but boy oh boy that sun felt amazing.  Warming up here this week and I can't wait!!

Cathy - congrats on the 5K!  That's so awesome - you crushed!  Way to go!  Oh no, so sorry about FIL.  I hope he gets some answers!  Impressed with your pie making.  French silk sounds challenging!  Glad you had a good day yesterday but, I gotta say, the mall does NOT sound relaxing LOL.  Oh!  I finished The Night Olivia Fell - loved it! Now just starting An Anonymous Girl.

Kat - nice 7 yesterday!  Sorry for the late night at work and bummer they couldn't get the forecast right for your photo class.  Hope you found some food!!  

Damaris - hope you can get meds and such figured out!  That's got to be frustrating.  Have a good run later.

Lizzie - thinking of you today.  Sounds like a really nice weekend minus all the traffic.  Yuck.  Enjoy the cool weather!!  But, don't forget to drink water!!

Laura - nice weekend miles!  LOVED DDs dress for prom.  Such a pretty color against her beautiful skin.  You make some good looking kiddos!

Lori - haha I'm not bendy either.  As for toes cramping - OMG that happens to me a LOT.  And my hands.  How I know I need to add electrolytes or eat a banana.  Nice job on the 14miles.  Dang you guys run a lot haha

Karen - woot woot - look at you being all extroverty getting sponsors!  WAY TO GO!  Man, your running group just keeps getting better and better.  I like the rock idea!  I think for beginners, especially, it will be really good to see the work they put in over time.

Margaret - congrats on another marathon!  Man oh man you guys are amazing.  35 min faster AND 2nd AG - you earned those chips and beer for SURE!!

Have a good Monday!

Well, the day is almost over and my tummy is fine. Whew! I guess the upside is that it jump started my weight loss plans!! lol

I have never understood the apple pie with cheese thing.  Ick.

DH decided he won't come home this weekend. Sad  I miss him, but then I can get all the dog hair vacuumed up before he returns!!  Karen, I know you understand. Deuce has a double coat and he sheds like crazy. All.Year.Long.

Karen--they had to replace the salt generator cell for the pool.  Painful!!!  I wonder if the previous owners knew the A/C and pool were about to crap out ??? Just lucky, I guess.  Anyway, it is fixed, so I need to spend a lot of time out there now.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

By the way, when I tried this site on the other browser it insisted on charging me $10 per year. 

Friday I did 45 minutes running on the TM. I added some intervals.

Saturday was SDO. DC and I went to a great bookstore. I bought books. 

Sunday Buddy and I did 65 minutes out the trail. It had been raining but stopped as soon as we started. We saw a doe, an osprey on the nest, a really pretty redwing blackbird and an assortment of other birds. The woods is filling out with greenery quickly despite our lack of warm weather here. Plants have to be hardy in this area.

Today was 45 minutes again running on the TM. I just picked up my new glasses. It feels so good to have updated lenses. I kept moving my PC monitor forward and squinting. Now I just had to push it back. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rained again today but it stopped this evening so got in 6 miles and strength training.

Lizzie, hope the funeral went as well as one can go. There are some huge house out in Bethesda. Many years ago (like 20) I was driving to a wedding out there. There was a new high rise condo building going up. At the time in Howard County, you could get a new condo for 100k. These were a 1 bedroom starting at 700k! At that time, I had been looking at jobs in the DC and Baltimore area. The cost of living in the Baltimore area is much lower.

CrazySue, wow, that sounds busy. That's a lot of dogs to watch.

Turtles, congrats on the OA placement in the 5k!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

20 minutes of beginners yoga (stretching) today. Gotta start somewhere right?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Rest day for me today. Met a former coworker for dinner. She lives by me and we see each other every few months. Always nice to catch up.

Liz-I do like apple pie.. for breakfast? I think then it is called an apple turnover.

Sue-joining the Y counts as cross training. Y not? LOL

Diane-helpful for sure to find a massage therapist that does the stuff that works for you! Life sure does provide us with many problem solving challenges, doesn't it? I like hearing that you are figuring out yours and smiling!

Kat-I have had pie with the cheese on it when living in upstate New York; at that particular moment it seemed to taste good but I haven't felt the need to replicate it since then so must not have been that awesome. Depression is annoying. I'm sure that it helps when you recognize the signs. Do you find it helpful to tell yourself to just give it time that it will pass or is it better to be proactive and have the set things to do that you know will help?  Everyone is different but you handle things well so good to know what works for you.

Cathy-congrats on the 5k and hope they figure out FIL!

Sandy-LOL on the patio sitting in layers. I understand completely.

HCK2-nice miles!

Judy-books in a bookstore. Love it! My dd went to an amazing library in Dublin. I guess it was where they filmed the library scenes from harry potter. She loves books.

Lori-they don't call it a "yoga practice" for nothing. It's all practice, no perfect. LOL

Diana-stop by and say hi!

Lisa