K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

We’re staging a breakout later today.,.

Mom had a good night and has gone nearly 24 hours without the trots.  But nothing else either, so we’re not sure if she is better or if it will return.  Time will tell.

If she doesn’t have more GI, we are going to go back to their hotel later today and hope for the best.  We are hoping to get a flight Wednesday if all goes well.  They are going to give us an Rx for take home meds, hopefully some anti-diarrhea meds.  I will talk to the pharmacist too.  The doctor said no to Imodium.  Unclear why.  Their logic I guess is to clear her GI tract out,  Nice recipe for dehydration.

Yesterday was a BAD day for her care.  Today the international manager came by and we gave her an earful of the issues.  She was upset to hear of the poor care.

The weather has continued to be incredible.  I had a decent light dinner and a glass of wine, which I knocked and splashed all over the table, and my neighbors table.  Just sprinkled them and they were kind about it.

Hey, I have watched three good movies to check out.  Spoiler Alert (not sure where to see, it was on the plane), The Burial and Sitting in Bars with Cake (both Amazon Prime.). Worth checking out.

So, there you have it.  Sorry for being wordy, I am kinda lonely here alone.  I visit mom, but I still feel a bit out of sorts.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Kats, I'm so sorry you're mom is having such terrible tummy issues. It's probably for the best that you get her home to be properly treated. Keep us updated on your travels back home.

Still no mojo for me so no running. I need a race to train for I think. I'm getting quite out of shape. Who knew that you could gain 4 pounds in a week not eating solid food? I blame all the pudding cups and zero running.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Still with a painful leg (around the ITB joint with the hamstring by the knee). I have 4 later which I hope to complete and then the PT will let me know tomorrow if anything needs to change.

Frustrated that last week seemed to have gone backwards.

Kat, hoping you guys can get out and come home.

Lori, go run!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Today we drive. Tomorrow we drive some more. Currently between Nashville and Memphis, stopping for the night in Little Rock. I think I am ready to start building my miles back up once we get home. 

Kathryn, hope your mom is doing better and you guys can get home!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kat, hope your mom is well enough to go home soon!  Like Lori said, it might be better if she got further treatment here instead of Spain.

Lori, sign up for something already!

Damaris, sorry the leg is bugging you again.

Karen, safe travels!

Laundry is done, house is (mostly) clean, and pics have been posted.  Here are a few from my favorite spot that we visited in Japan, called Koyasan.  Not looking forward to checking in at work this afternoon.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

20 minutes on the treadmill. Off work now until next Monday, although have a few things I need to do either tomorrow or Wednesday.

KatS, hopefully you and your mom can get home. I imagine getting care somewhere not close to home is really stressful..

GatsbyBird, great pictures.