Womens Running

Live for the WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I know I do!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8 miles for me! Heading to a core class soon.

Awful run. Geez, it is so fucking awful out there. Temp was around 72 dewpoint was at 71. It just felt extra awful today for some reason. My headphones died mid run (weird, I charged them Thursday! Maybe the downpours?) so I didnt have anything to take my mind off how disgusting it was. This ends me at 45 miles for week. I did not run yesterday afternoon - I took an hour and a half nap with Ruger instead. Smile Oh well, I am sure I will have plenty of 50 mile weeks in training! Smile

Brother, SIL and baby Emerson are coming down for the weekend! Excited to see them. They are going to do some brewery hopping this afternoon (not sure if HCF and I are going yet) then I am going to make dinner so we can just chill out for the evening. I am making salmon and am going to attempt this loaded cauliflower casserole. I have had it before and it is YUM..I have just never made it. I hope it turns out!

Good luck to all the racers! And the ladies who are volunteering today Smile

Run4kupcakes - Awesome run yesterday! How you did it in that heat..I don’t know haha. I love sushi!!!

Tessa - Haha - well, Glass City just seemed to work for everyone so I am cool with that. I am not sure I will be racing in October. May be too much going on! OMG on the traffic! Nice miles this morning and wow on the cops! Shoudn’t they be setting examples? Smile What are you up to this weekend??

gotta get to the gym! Happy Weekend!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizzie, good job getting extra rest yesterday!  I think you’re right about being a little too busy for marathon training closer to your wedding date.

Kilmisters, maybe you should do more “cross training” before all of your races?  Seemed to work well this time.

I’m heading up to Auburn shortly for WS. Already 68 degrees at 5 am in Squaw Valley when the race started .  Going to be a lot of carnage today.  Have a great weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

Race report!

After yesterday's tough working hours, following beer, then waking up early in the morning for 6th day in a row, 3hrs sleep in the car... No expectations.

Comparitively small race. The course was tough!! Km 0-1: rolling hills in the woods; Km 1-2: totally flat segment on road, Km 2-3: slight (not very tough) up and down in city , Km 3-4: constant climb in city streets, legs and lungs were NOT happy, very huge perceived effort left there, Km 4-4.5 steep drop on a straight, Km 4.5-5 finish zone, two or three STEEP up&downs. Two laps like that. Omg. I left all I had keeping the pace goal of 5:13min/km in mind. Ended up w 5:07min/km! Left ALL I had out there. Good enough for 3rd place in AG. First time (ever) I found closest soft grass spot after finish line and just dropped there. Legs are trashed now. Beer time! My 10km PB is 5:04min/km but that was on totally flat Tallin course. So, I am happy.

Edit: a dude passed me in last 100m. When he was 20m behind me, DH started shouting "Elina, cmon, go go go!!" and only then I noticed the guy. I let out finish burst (whatever was left) and the dude at finish line w mic heard DH's shout and followed up w "Elina, GOOO!!!" blasted on the huge speakers. But the guy had more left in him. Funny tho. Beauty of small races.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

ginnyb

Haven't been posting much, sorry about that.  I took a couple of vacation days this week,  didn't do anything special, just nice to have the time off.  Only ran once and worked out 2 days with the trainer.  I feel I am getting back into the swing of things.  My back still "catches" at times, but I am sort of ignoring it...still seeing chiro.

Will the discount at Glass City count for the half also or just the marathon?

Karen...sorry you had such an exhausting travel day.

Okay, I started watching Goliath this morning, 3/4 through the first episode and I like it so far.

Yes Lizzie Happy Summer to ;me, but it hasn't been very summerlike here in Ohio.  Supposed to heat up later next week.

This summer is our town's bicentennial and I just registered for a 10K on the 4th of July.  Hope I am not being too optimistic, but pretty sure I can run/walk 6.2 by then, 10K is not my favored distance though, weird I would rather run a 5K or a half, don't know what it is about the 10K and me.

Even though I have not been posting much I love having you all and enjoy reading.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, yesterday afternoon was cool l& rainy. There was also a pretty good breeze.

Kilmisters, nice race! Congrats on the AG award.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! In Maine enjoying the pretty weather. Race is tomorrow.

Elina, congrats!

Damaris

Hello ladies!!  Been MIA for awhile.

Not sure if I mentioned I ran a HM in Honolulu.

Then 6 days later, ran another, the Thelma and Louise HM in Moab.  Did better than Honolulu, what?!?

Then a week later, the Big Pine 27k trail run.  It sucked.   Should have listened to my body .....and brain .....to run 1 loop instead of 2 loops.  Legs were trashed by mile 10!! Temps hovering in the 90s didn't help. Stomach issues again, darn it!! But finished upright, YAY!!  So lesson learned, do not run 3 races in 3 weeks!

Was so depleted that I didn't/couldn't run a short post-race recovery run the next day.  Or the next, or the next, or the next.  Finally dragged my butt to the fitness center, ran easy 4 miles on TM, 20 min elliptical, 10 min cycle, and some weights.  Felt better.

Then drove to/spent the next few days in NM visiting family.  Attended a great uncle's DD's funeral.  She was young, 51 yrs old.

Returned to northern AZ home last Wed. Have not run at all.  MOJO is lurking somewhere .........

My MN ultra RB registered for the Pikes Peak marathon in Aug, in Colorado.  Will be going there to cheer her on .......I thought ......but I'm considering the Pikes Peak Ascent (13.3 miles).  I can run UP but knee will not survive going DOWN.  I don't think ....and I'm not risking it.  Have to decide soon .....to register .....before it gets full.

It's seasonably HOT and dry here.  Just trying to stay cool like the rest of you!

LIZ:  congrats on the engagement!!  WOW!!  You deserve so much happiness.  Cathy (turtles) sent me a message.  Thank you Cathy.

More later.  Take care and stay cool!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, definitely understand that you will not have time for marathon training in the months leading up to the wedding! Though I think it's bet to stay in good enough shape that you can at any point hear about a marathon in the upcoming weekend and say "yes, i wanna!" and sign up and do it. However bear in mind I am not competitive and would just want to finish without feeling awful.

Elina, laughing about the "Elina, GOOOOO!" on the speakers. It is funny when the announcer is listening to and responding to the crowd comments. Yes, small races!

Diana! Nice to see you. If you want to do the Ascent, go for it.

Good thoughts for Margaret and her crew this weekend! I hope it is cooler at Western States than it is here.

Ginny, KWYM about 10Ks. Sort of a compromise distance. We have one here on the 4th but I will not make it -- restroom staff at church, we are on the parade route and open up our bathrooms for paradegoers.

Damaris, have fun in Maine. Is this a state you don't have, so is that the Maine reason for doing this race?

8.5 this morning. Not a great run but I donated blood Wednesday night so am using that as an excuse. Then did a fruit pick, 400 pounds of grapefruit and we could easily have taken 600-800 pounds more off the one tree if I had had more boxes...and more room in my car...and a receiving agency that can handle that much grapefruit. Not the favourite fruit at most pantries.

dhuffman63

Trails

50k PR for me....9:37:28 and I still am the queen of DFL.

Anonymous Guest

Way to go Diane! Sub-10!

Congrats on the AG award Elina.

Hanging at the parents house. I finally got here about midnight (after leaving my house at 4:30 that morning) on Thursday. So I took another rest day yesterday and even took a two-hour nap. Then my sister and her boyfriend and my brother and his son came over for dinner and games Catchphrase and Michigan Rummy. Then this morning i just didn't want to get up and go race, so I blew off the 5K I was going to do. I kinda felt like I might the night before. So I ran 10 miles around my parents' neighborhood - beautiful morning for running, cloudy, upper 60s. Then an art festival and some shopping downtown this afternoon and out for dinner tonight.

So my dad is on oxygen all the time and can't do a lot, but when he's just sitting around he feels fine. Without the oxygen his lung capacity is 34%. They say it's lung disease, but they can't really be more specific without going in surgically, which they won't do at his age. He's going back up to Mayo in August and they're supposed to come up with a long-term plan to manage it. My mom is pretty amazing, she does everything for him and drives him everywhere and never complains. The doctors say 3-5 year life expectancy. I definitely need to get home more often.

That's about it for me. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I blew off my ride today in favor of painting.  I painted two coats on the roof above the bay window. I'm glad I did it before it got too hot. Cross that off the list.  DF did a lot of painting today too.  He's beat.  I also got to sew a bit -- wooohooo

Yay Diane!!!  I cant imagine a 50k. You rock.

Go Damaris! Have a great race tomorrow!!

Tessa--I LOVE grapefruit !!  Glad the cop didn't flatten you.

AZ--two races in a week? I'd be toast. Congrats!!

Yay Elina!!!

Ginny--hope the back is better. No fun.

Karen-- I need to go see my folks more often too! Enjoy your visit

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Diane.

Tessa, lol. Yeap. Maine reason.

Karen, sorry to hear. I can even imagine. I went down to 49% and that sucked, he must feel so bad at 34%.  Hope Mayo has some answers.

Damaris

ginnyb

You rock Diane!  Good job.

Karen....sounds like you a having a nice visit with your parents.  Sorry about your Dad’s health issues.  It’s so hard, I know.

congratulations Damaris!  Another hilly one, huh?

Elina you are very speedy too!  Congratulations on AG win!

ran 5 miles this morning and did ok, but I kinda pooped out on mile 4 and then did better for mile 5.  Gonna be an extra slow 10k on the 4th.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hello!  Back from Western States.  A good year at my aid station.   Not a single runner dropped or missed the cutoff there!  I didn't have to cut off any wrist bands (i.e. pull any runners), which is a sad job.  Tired but also kind of wired.  Tried to sleep for an hour at 3 am but really didn't. Home now, diid laundry to wash off the red dust and dirt on everything.  Cleaned up my gear.  Probably not running today, finishing with a light week of 24.5 miles.  I was ready for an easy week so that's okay.

DHuff, great job on your 50k!

Karen, I'm sorry to hear about your dad's health.  Sounds like he's in good hands.

Ginny, a 4th of July race should be fun.  You have a red/white/blue outfit to wear?

CrazySue, a productive day for you!

Damaris, yay on Bay of Fundy marathon.  Will go look for pics on FB.

Tessa, funny that food pantries aren't that interested in free grapefruit, but then, I'd have to say it's not a favorite of mine either.

az2mn, that's a lot of races.  Good call taking a few days off.

Hi Kupcakes!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR