Womens Running

Spring is here WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Warming up over here! I think that is the trend for most of us?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me! Heading to Core class soon!

Easy run. Felt wonderful! My hamstring was really bothering me last night, but was OK on the run today. I have been enjoying my runs lately without headphones. I think I just have a lot on my mind and the podcast and music are getting in the way of my thinking time! Smile May try a few more runs without headphones this week. Anywho, this ends me at 50+ for the week. I have two more weeks of high mileage before another rest week. Going to keep chugging along!

We have a lot of errands to run today. One of which is buying our wedding bands!! Smile Smile We know which ones we want and the jewelry store is doing a big sale this weekend so we are going to take advantage. Yay! Then we have to do boring stuff like Sams, grocery shopping..and maybe Kohls because I have a 30% off coupon.

One of my friends from high school (the only one I keep in touch with..kinda) has been bugging me to get together. She is one of those who doesnt contact me until she sees something big happened in my life on Facebook. I keep making lunch plans with her but she either can't do the time or doesn't text me until last minute. So we had both blocked off TODAY on the calendar to have lunch a month ago and I haven't heard anything. I am tired of making all of the effort with her. I hate one sided friendships! Okay, thats my rant today.

Tessa - CRACKING UP about snaggletoothed douchecanoe! I am going to use that one. HAHA. There is always that one nosey neighbor that has to complain about everything. I was going to ask if you had gotten any cuties (kittens) lately! What are you up to this weekend?

Laura - Nice miles yesterday. YAY on the massage! I wish I could afford to get one once a week. I will be working from home 85% of the time. I have to visit my sites probably 4x a year. That will probably be a week of travel. I am okay with that! I see we have the same taste in shoes! Do you like them? Mine should come in next week! Have a great weekend running and celebrating BF’s birthday Smile

Docket - I am shaking my head. Did you get the refund? I hope he can get in quick!

Karen - Laughing at your run. So, I am guessing you like the shoes?! Sore glutes will loosen up after a mile of the race Smile Aw, that is great for DH (and for you Smile ). I wish HCF would get a new job. They are working with him and what happened by moving him to one account. Right now he has 50. Ha. Not changing his pay or anything, so thats good. I think he needs a more challenging job. He could really go into Facilities if he wanted. Okay, now I am rambling. Have fun today at the race with your baby runners!!

Sandy - Aw, you’re sweet!! Thank you! Lets hope 2019 is switching around for GOOD!!! Hopefully all the bad shit is out of the way Smile

Margaret - You’re going to have a sore booty, too!!! Aw, we really wanted to have Ruger in the wedding but it would be such a pain. Someone would have to leave to go take him home and come back. And even then..we won’t be staying at the house that night so someone would have to make sure they stay at our house. Too much of a pain. We are planning on just boarding him Sad GOOD LUCK today!!! Stay warm!!! Its going to be a different kind of fun Smile

Man, knowing I don't ever have to go back to Mammel is just making me SMILE from ear to ear. Ahh...

Happy WEEKEND!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Didn’t sleep, forgot my donuts and my gels. 🤦‍♀️  So ran 7 with 4 @ MP on the course and quit.

I should count my DNFs. They are probably more than the finished races. 😂😂😂

#sorrynotsorry

Damaris

Kilmisters

This is first day this week I don't feel like being in autopilot mode, and that is after ~16hrs of sleep. The week was packed with meetings related to one particular topic, for every one of which there was lots to prepare, so the to-do-list on other topics has exploded. But I will worry about that on Monday, I guess..

Play-offs start tomorrow! I was watching guy's game on TV last night and the announcers said, like, 3-4 times that our series will be insanely close and exciting (they rarely ever mention women's league in guy's league broadcast, so this is telling). Honestly, at this point, especially given their leader's injury, it's a toss-up. So, our first game is tomorrow. Bloodbath/nerve-wreck incoming...

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

Lizzie - glad the hamstring is feeling good.  Whoo hoo on getting the wedding bands!!  Oh, your job sounds awesome, I know you will be great!  I still have the MAMMEL picture ha ha!!  Ugh on the one sided friendship, people are weird.

Damaris - probably a smart move to DNF, 7 is still a great workout!

Elina - ahhh 16 hours of sleep sounds great, I got about 9 and would like to go back to bed lol!

Going out for a run in a couple of hours, my friend and I postponed until next weekend because the temp was in the teens and she can only go early or this evening and I won't be home this evening.  Will be nice to see her and catch up, guess we just have to wait a week.

Anonymous Guest

So I won a race today. It was a small race, but man, did that feel good. My training and past race results said I should e able to run a 5K in about 7:35 pace. But I've been running a bunch of miles (although this is a cutback week so I'll only have around 45). I decided to wear the speedy shoes just because. I went out too fast but reined it in pretty quickly and just paced off this young chick the first mile. Another lady caught and passed us and she looked fast. The young chick started slowing down after about a mile so the other lady and then me passed her. I ran kind of off her shoulder for awhile. I noticed she'd slowed down some since passing me, and didn't think I'd be able to outkick her at the end, so somewhere in the second mile I sped up and passed her. She couldn't stay with me and I went on for the overall win. They put the finish line about a tenth of a mile past where it should have been, so I was really glad I passed her early - trying to fight out a win on a long course would have hurt a lot. Anyway, my splits were 7:32, 7:29. 7:28, then 7:06 or so for the last 0.2. Still managed to eek in under 24 minutes with the long course, but just barely with a 23:56.

After the finish they made me feel like a rock star. Took a ton of pictures of me and the first place male. We each got a $100 gift card for Fleet Feet and a pint glass. My baby runners joked that the gift card *almost* would buy my one new shoe. Then they also gave me first in my age group, which was a singlet with the race logo on it. And a local coffee place was there with really good coffee. And they had lots of food. And my baby runners took first through fourth places in the 30-39 age group. The one guy, who finished not far behind me, ended up 7th in his age group. He also told me he wants to run the Houston Marathon next year (I knew it!). It was such a fun time.

Back later for personals. I've been on the computer and my phone ever since I got home and just realized I'm hungry and I really have to pee.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's awesome, Karen!  Congrats!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Liz, so glad you had a nice run and your hamstring didn't bother you. Exciting on getting the wedding bands!! I also have two weeks of high mileage coming up, although I had a nice easy week this week. Right now my legs are a little tired though, so tomorrow's 8 will probably be nice and easy.

Damaris, the running that you did was awesome! Nice to see those paces outside.

Elina, nice sleep! I think that would be a sleep PR for me. Yikes, playoffs already. That means I need to get moving on that plan - it's started but not done. Procrastination has been winning the last few weeks. Or months.

Laura, hope it warmed up a bit for your run and you enjoyed it.

Tessa, wow, we don't get that much drama on Nextdoor. That is hilarious. I follow "Best of Nextdoor" on Twitter though, and there are some pretty entertaining posts there.

Margaret, hope your race is going or went well! My butt was not sore this morning, I hope you can say the same!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz, so glad you had a nice run and your hamstring didn't bother you. Exciting on getting the wedding bands!! I also have two weeks of high mileage coming up, although I had a nice easy week this week. Right now my legs are a little tired though, so tomorrow's 8 will probably be nice and easy.

Damaris, the running that you did was awesome! Nice to see those paces outside.

Elina, nice sleep! I think that would be a sleep PR for me. Yikes, playoffs already. That means I need to get moving on that plan - it's started but not done. Procrastination has been winning the last few weeks. Or months.

Laura, hope it warmed up a bit for your run and you enjoyed it.

Tessa, wow, we don't get that much drama on Nextdoor. That is hilarious. I follow "Best of Nextdoor" on Twitter though, and there are some pretty entertaining posts there.

Margaret, hope your race is going or went well! My butt was not sore this morning, I hope you can say the same!!

It helped that it was 54F and 4mph winds.  The winds normally kill my lungs.  Also, I think that due to the "cold" front being on its second day of highs of 77F and lows in the 50s that the allergens were milder.  Big grin

But I have clicked on the log three times already looking at the splits, they are so pretty...

Damaris

LC Runs

Karen - that is awesome!!  Also, loved the pic of your puppies on Facebook!!

6.4 for me this morning, the temp was still a bit chilly (35) but I felt pretty good since there was not really any wind.  Tomorrow should be even better!!

Back home from movie and an early dinner.  The movie "Captive State" was really not very good lol, too complicated of a story for my simple brain but it was still a nice day.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Karen - YOU CRUSHED TODAY!! Congratulations!!! How awesome! Did you get to bust through the winner ribbon?! Smile You got some GREAT swag, too!! Those times..OMG! You will FOR SURE crush in April and will be running Boston in 2020 Smile Rockstar!! I need to go follow this “Best of Nextdoor”.

Docket - Aw, nice job on the 7! Smile You tried!!! Can’t do much with no sleep and no fuel!

Kilmisters - 16 hours of sleep?! Jealous. YAY for playoffs!! Good luck!!!

Laura - Aw, bummer you have to postpone until next week. Something to look forward too! Nice job on the run. I had to look at the clock to see what time you had dinner! That is early Smile Glad you had fun Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got about 12 hours of sleep last night, which felt great. 4.5 miles that felt way less sluggish than anything this week.

AnonymousGuest, congrats on the race win!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Anonymous Guest, hearty congratulations on your win! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Karen, WTG on your win!  Those are some smokin’ paces!  Great loot for your winnings too. And you must be so proud of your baby runners!

I had a good day at my 35k trail race. Poured rain yesterday and all night but stopped just as the race started and temps were coolish and good for running. As you might expect, there was lots of mud, waterfalls, creeks, and sections of the trail were ankle deep under water.  The mud sucked off one of my shoes but I retrieved it.  And washed off my feet, shoes, and socks in the next creek.  I know, not everyone’s thing, but I love it. One of those days when you just go with the flow (figuratively and literally).  Had fun splashing along. I felt strong on the hills and picked off a few people there.  Course was billed as 4800’ of climbing but my watch said 4000’. Either way, a good workout.  Finished in 4:42, good for 2nd in AG!  Could have been faster if I didn’t have the shoe mishap, lol.

Karen, the booty didn’t seem sore but my quads were barking from a steel mace workout that the instructor has added.

Lizzie, you know, I think you’re smart for not involving Ruger in your wedding.  Seems like it would be stressful for him and you guys will be really busy and couldn’t spend time with him anyway.  If it were a small thing, that would be different.

Damaris, nice MP workout!  Screw the sucky conditions.

Kilmisters, woo for extra sleep and playoffs!

LC, ahhhh 9 hrs of sleep sounds awesome. With sleeping meds, I can get 3-4 hrs at a stretch.  I can usually fall back asleep as long as my mind doesn’t start thinking

HCK, with 12 hrs of sleep I think I’d be comatose.  But I think old people like me need less sleep, lol.

Hi Judy!

Have college basketball on the tube, drinking a beer, and doing laundry.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, congratulations on the win! What a good feeling.

Liz, feel free to use that insult combination. I think everyone on our Nextdoor was chuckling over that. Except maybe the guy it was directed at.

Margaret, congratulations on 2nd in AG! Envious. Not of the win -- because that will never happen -- but because that race sounds like a good one. 35K? Could they not find 7K more to make it a full?

7 miles this morning. Not great, but at least they were miles and they are done. Then vestry retreat all day. Oil change, Costco run (helps that Jiffy Lube shares a parking lot with Costco) and now writing a quiz.