Womens Running

National Hotdog Day Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

Uhhhm. ok...

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am LOL'ing at today's title!!! I heard that on the news this morning. I was going to make sure that SANDY knew about it. Smile

11.2 speedwork miles for me. I did 10x .30/.20 rest and then 5x .20/.20 rest.

Thanks GOODNESS the dewpoint dropped into the 60's last night. Felt like fresh air out there. Run was good in that regard, but my legs are VERY fatigued. Mixture of high miles and body pump. Body pump was 90% squats and lunges this time. Definitely a mental push on the speed. Didn't go "record" fast..but I was going by effort. 68 dewpoint is still humid! Friday LR should be very pleasant! We start getting sticky again this weekend..no end in sight this time.

We are still prepping for this CEO visit. He is coming tomorrow and I will be glad when its over. His security team came to the site yesterday to check it out. They were asking us weird questions like.."how low do the planes normally get around here" and "any recent terrorist activity?". Crazy. This guy makes more money then everyone in the building combined! I was thinking of standing out there with a sign.."starving runner. Please donate". Smile

Docket – BUMMER!!!! Sad

Karen – THAT’S IT!! Graeters!!! Never tried it but I heard its good! HMM…I think I have seen that in Publix? I need to check ASAP. I am guessing it started in OH? You are lucky you have BLUE BELL!! Man. Once that recall happened, VA no longer carries it. I saw you got your treadmill! I hope you are breaking that in today!!

Run4kupcakes - Nice miles yesterday. You should feel some humidity relief today!

Happy Wednesday! I keep thinking it is Thursday.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Happy Wednesday!!

4 refreshing miles this morning.  What a difference 20 degrees and low humidity makes.  Saturday I had to walk twice and only ran 3 miles.  Today's run was much easier.

Elina - ha ha, these 'National......Day"s crack me up.  I like hot dogs, though!

Lizzie - the CEO visit sounds stressful, hope it's over with quickly!!  Nice 11+

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Started the day with a flat tire 1/2 mile from the Courthouse.  I should have known that something happened because of the construction and I felt something hit my tire when I switched lanes. Oh, well.  Waiting for hubby to come fix it. I have 4 miles and kickboxing.

Elina, I'll take the hot dogs.

Liz, nice job on the run.

Laura, nice 4.

I had a bunch of race pictures where my belly is showing and I'm texting my husband or texting Karen.  I won't share those but they have a vibe of not giving a fuck during the race, lol.

But a couple of them are good.  I gained 10lbs from prednisone in the week prior to the race, but I'm glad that I don't look like the blimp of Trump, but rather a bit smaller. Smile

I swear I was running here.  Quite fast, if I remember.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Is there room on the grumpy bus.  I'm so angry this morning.  The "town" I live near and drive through is tiny but there was a puppy in the middle of the road....then as I want to pick it up and drive to the little convenience store with it the mamma dog, another puppy and 2 other dogs come down the road.  I've seen the 3 grown dogs but not the puppies.  I HATE irresponsible pet owners.  If I didn't already have 4 dogs in a small house I'd take the puppies.  The animal control here is a joke and never patrols the rural areas where dogs get dumped all the time.  I really hate living in Oklahoma.  Rant over.

So no cramps this morning.  I did 4 miles on the TM last night and a little bit of yoga as my knee is still bruised and it hurts to get on the floor.  Only difference.

Lizzie what a jackass he's got security in the US. Arrogant waste of time. I'm all for the free market economy but some of these C suite fuckwads get paid way to much for what they actually do.

Karen, Damaris when my TM finally breaks I want a Sole also.  When I first got it I did nothing with it and now I put miles on it so I want a good one.

Damaris I like the pic!

Hi everyone.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday’s run was 35 minutes but a hot one. 70 Dew Point again.

I dashed out quickly this morning and ran 30 minutes in the park. Water is being turned off for around 8 hours today so I wanted to get everything done and cleaned up before it goes off. Done. 

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

HCK – hey, thanks.  Yeah, I actually thought maybe I was feeling alergies (even though I never have before) but then it moved to throat/chest.  Nothing major, just annoying.  And I’m healing fast.

Karen – WOOHOO for new treadmill!!  How do you like it??  Has Riley tried it out??  Haha  Oooh what sorta neighborhood drama?  I actually removed myself from my city’s neighborhood page because I got so tired of the complaining.  Though it was fun to witness in a car accident kinda way.

Lizzie – Of course I thought of you this morning when I heard it was National Hot Dog Day!!  It’s supposed to rain tomorrow and Friday and nice for the weekend.  Well, dewpoints in low 60s which is pretty okay for this time of year.  OMG 68* dp is VERY humid you silly goat.  AWESOME run!!  OMG LOLOLOLOL at you and your starving runner sign.  That would be hilarious!!  Oh man, I wish it was Thursday.

Elina – well in my younger days I still woulda run yesterday.  I was feeling sorta wimpish.  OMG HE IS MARRIED???  GOOD CALL on rest day yesterday.  Can’t wait to hear how you KILL the speed work today!!

Ginny – leg day AND 3mi?  Whoa that sounds tough.  Hope it went well!  How is the finger feeling?

Cathy – okay, I cracked up at the Handana.  I had to Google that.  I thought maybe you made up that word LOL.  Though, I’m with Lizzie, no WAY that would ever work for me.  It would be sopping wet in less than a mile.  I have actually tried the bandana wrapped around my wrist/hand before and that went about the same.  Now I just let the sweat fly haha.  And a Headsweats visor.  True, these last few days *almost* make winter worth it.

Tessa – hope your biometrics went well and you got yourself some DC stat!  Kinda funny the last time I had mine here at work I got a later time slot – like 10am, I think?  She told me to go eat because my blood sugar was so low.  Yeah, no shit Sherlock I’ve been fasting for over  15hours!  Haha  Have a great trip!!

Sue – 2 days!!

Diane – I take Magnesium as well.  Awwww sorry for the puppies.  That is very sad.

Laura – hooray for refreshing miles!!  Another hot dog lover?  You guys are weird.  LOL – teasing.

Damaris – OH NO on the flat tire!!  Great pic!  Ummm no, you are NOT the blimp of Trump.  I think you look great!  I love how you coordinated your red visor with your hair.  Are those shorts INB?  They look like they have lots of nice pockets.

Judy – water off for 8 hours??  Goodness that sounds like a long time.

Head is still full and throat scratchy but nothing major.  Got myself out there for 7.5  Another beautiful morning so I had to.  Legs felt completely sluggish and tired but that tends to happen when I’m a bit under the weather.  Quite a few years ago I remember going out for an easy 4mi and my legs were just trashed for no reason.  The next day I was down and OUT with the flu.  So weird.  Anyway…  Went for a short and very easy bike ride with amputee friend last night.  I really should get out in the evenings more often.  Nothing else going on around here.  Just working for the weekend…

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeap. INB 6" shorts.  I like the 4" better but these ones are awesome.  The two pockets can fit 5 gels in one and my phone and iPod in the other.

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

An hour and 17 minute easy run this morning, a little over 7.5 miles.  Great run, it felt pretty effortless.  I won't mention the weather.  Oh, it was 55 degrees.    I was listening to a "guided run" on the Nike app, with an interview with Evan Jager, an Olympic Steeplechaser.  It was very interesting, he decided to try Steeplechase after surgery for a stress fracture in his foot and not being able to compete in longer distances.  Then he became the US record holder for Steeplechase and got a silver medal in the Olympics!

Elina, have you ever had a hot dog?     Hope the tempo goes well!

Lizzie, I do eat hot dogs occasionally, Chicago style hot dogs.  The only kind of hot dogs that I will eat.    Wow, nice speedwork!  I can't imagine why your legs would be so fatigued.    Wow, that is a lot of prep for your CEO visit.  Is he Bill Gates?     I would be freezing in your house!  Our house is normally 74.  I have not been to Purple Door.  I would have to go all the way into Milwaukee.    We have lots of good ice cream closer.    I was at 29 miles last week.  So 30 isn't a big stretch.    Sounds like you need a new badge encoder!  Our badges don't ever deactivate.  I googled it up once, because I had heard that having a magnetic card next to your phone deactivates it.  Apparently it's more likely due to old encoders or cheapo ones.

Laura, Happy Wednesday!  Or your Thursday?    I am loving the cooler, less humid weather!

Damaris, ugh on the flat tire!  You are not having much luck with the car lately.  You do not look like a blimp!  Haha, the other race photos sound good.

Diane, I'm glad there were no cramps this morning.  Sucks about the puppies left on the road!

Judy, glad you got things done before the water was turned off!

Sandy, it's great that you could get out there to run despite not feeling the best!  We are mileage twins today.  I guess I've gotten used to the sweat going down my face.    I will have to check out the Headsweats.  Maybe a cool hat or visor would make me more excited about them.     I did wear a hat this morning, it was still kind of dark out when I started my run and I wanted to use my light that clips onto my hat visor!  I took it off and carried it at the end of my run though.  

Karen, congrats on the arrival of the TM!

Ginny, hope the finger is healing well!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I forgot to mention that the flat came before I got to the Starbucks so I didn't even have breakfast and I'M FUCKING STARVING!

I still have not heard from hubby so I assume he is doing all his hospitals before coming to help me, take me to lunch, I hope, and save me.  LOL.  I am still in court so no biggie.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I have exited the grumpy bus. My life is back to good - thanks for bearing with me as I whined and half-assed posted. I ran 12 miles this morning. It was hot and humid and I got a late start because I was up late last night and then couldn't sleep well, but it was also cloudy for the first 8-9 miles, so it was bearable. Kept it nice and slow, stopped to let my heart rate come down a bit once the sun came out, and got it done.

Our neighbors invited us over to hang at their pool last night. He's the pool contractor, so their backyard, pool, patio, landscaping, etc. is gorgeous. She said she needed to hang out with positive people after all the neighborhood fb drama. It was fun. One of the guys that was there is the president of the HOA, so he had us rolling with stories of the crap he's been getting from this woman causing all the drama and her small group of troublemakers. Anyway, it was a fun time, but we didn't get home until 10, and then Riley was all wound up from being left home alone, so had to stay up for a bit with him.

My treadmill is awesome and I love it. I ran 3 easy miles on it late afternoon yesterday to try it out. Definitely worth paying the extra money to have them take it upstairs and put it together. Tonight is the meet the coaches/get a discount on shoes/ask questions night at the store we run out of for the new group. So will have to extrovert two nights in a row, during the week! I also got a text from a baby runner this morning telling me his wife was signing up for the walking group. All these things make me happy. Well, the two nights of extroverting is a little stressful, but overall, happy.

I saw somewhere that this is actually national hot dog month. Why would hot dogs get a whole month???

Liz, nice run today. Sounds like a good idea to do the long run Friday this week if the weather is going to suck on the weekend anyway. Graeter's raspberry chocolate chunk (or something like that) is amazing.

Laura, enjoy that nice weather.

Damaris, I am laughing at there being pictures of you texting Richard and me. My coach TOLD me to take it easy and enjoy this one, okay?? I'm just letting her know that I am. Definitely not looking like a blimp! Bummer on the tire, hopefully hubby has come to the rescue by now.

Diane, that sucks. I get annoyed by all the stray dogs around here, I imagine it's worse in the country. You can have my spot on the grumpy bus, but I'd recommend not staying on for too long!

Judy, nice runs in the heat and humidity. 8 hours is a long time without water.

Sandy, nice job getting out there, but take care of yourself, mmmkay? Neighborhood drama was just passive aggressive posting by one lady that complains all the time. Someone explained exactly what happened, DH added that perhaps if you have an issue with one specific neighbor you should just address it with that neighbor and not the entire group. She has a (very small) group of defenders, who then jumped on saying she was being bullied. Eventually she deleted her post because "it wasn't going the way I wanted" and posted something else. That ended poorly and she eventually deleted that one as well and supposedly took herself out of the group.

Cathy, nice. 55 degrees, what does that feel like? I can't remember. Enjoy it, get out there as much as you can! That sounds like a really interesting interview.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen, what's the weather like there in Dec?  I'll probably over pack cause I'm OCD but just ordered the INB Chameleon capris and singlet  and I have the gator themed ones already.

Anonymous Guest

Karen, what's the weather like there in Dec?  I'll probably over pack cause I'm OCD but just ordered the INB Chameleon capris and singlet  and I have the gator themed ones already.

I think average is  mid-60s for a high and mid-40s for a low. Of course it could be 20 degrees warmer or cooler on any given day. Overpacking has its advantages.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, shorts and tank... Smile

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy day! Heading to eat some mexican with my girlfriend for her birthday after work! Probably won't eat much..I can't eat dinner at 4:30! haha.

Laura – Yay for humid free runs!!!

Docket – OH MAN!! Sorry about the tire!! I saw your photos last night on FB..you look great! You are being too hard on yourself  Smile Hope you get that tire fixed!

Diane – That is awful about the dogs Sad I would be tempted to take them home, too. Nice workout last night!

Judy – Yuck on that dewpoint! Oh yes, I remember when my apt complex turned off the water once a year for some kind of testing. Hope it isn’t out for too long! At least its not the AC Wink

Sandy – Yay! Nice miles this morning! Bummer they were sluggish, but you got to enjoy the weather a bit. Sometimes I notice it helps clear the crud. I hope whatever you have come down with exits quickly! Get out in the evenings more often..hmm.but don’t naps get in the way?! LOL Smile A 15 hour fast?! Good lord. Of course your blood sugar would be low. You have anything fun planned for the weekend?!

Cathy – 55 degrees? UUUGGHHHHH. Lucky you. Nice run! Interesting, I have never seen the Steeplechase. I have seen the hurdles on the track, but never have seen them through water. Interesting.  You need to go to Purple Door next time you are downtown! So good. Our access card system is so anal - if you don’t use the badge for 10 days it deactivates. So, we hold a bunch of contractor badges (for when they are onsite to do work - dedicated badges) – but if they don’t get used enough they will lose the access. Its annoying!!!

Karen – Nice 12 today!! Awe, your grumpy week has taken a turn!! Tonight will be fun! People cause drama on our HOA FB but the President always deletes the comments before I can see them! I am wondering if he has to approve posts or something. I always miss it!

Have a good afternoon!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2