Womens Running

Futilely looking for the Fridaily (Read 8 times)

And voila, here it is!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Coasting along on a quiet Friday before a 3-day weekend.  I'm hoping that no one rocks the boat at work.  I want to make banana nut bread this afternoon and would rather not be interrupted.  

I enjoyed my 8 miles yesterday in the city.  I went the opposite direction away from the busy/touristy side of the waterfront.  That lead to the baseball stadium (still a nice area) to the basketball arena (used to be sketchy but a lot of amenities now, greatly improved) to... warehouses, docks, a massive PGE substation and work lot, and probably chop shops and drug dens.  The area is called Dogpatch, and let's just say I wouldn't recommend visiting after dark.  It was fine during the day, just not very scenic.  But still a good adventure and more interesting than dodging tourists.

SRD today, doing a trail HM tomorrow and will add on a mile or two after.  Any weekend plans?

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles this morninh with intervals, 15 minute treadmill warm up after work plus strength training after work. No weekend plans aside from a high school graduation party for the neighbor's grandkid that I've rarely met. Not what I feel like doing.

GatsbyBird, that sounds like an interesting run. Probably the type that only locals should do. Not surer if San Fran is like Baltimore; there are areas where it's safe to run/walk/wahtever and others that defintely are not. And sometimes they are only separated by a few blocks.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening! I ran 4 after work.

Margaret, crossing fingers work is nice and quiet for you.

HCK, nice run.

Damaris

HCK, yes, there are areas that are dangerous (don't go there any time) vs. sketchy (wouldn't park my car there or go there at night).

Damaris, nice 4.

I was fairly productive in spite of myself.  Got a couple things done at work that I wanted to get off my plate.  And I also made banana bread (sans nuts, since we didn't have any).  Organized the home office supplies shelf.  Took a short walk to drop off more books at another little free library, trying to de-clutter a bit.  G&T time now.