Womens Running

Merry Monday DIVAS (Read 232 times)

taylorma1

cara-oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

Outwest-have a great time with DBF being home

lizo-yup, that was the first time. It was great meeting them. They are such fun to hang out with.

SassySparky

Cara  - Sorry you are home and not feeling well, and I understand not wanting to do activity because of that! Despite not seeing consistencies between what you eat and your symptoms, your doctor might see something you don’t!  I’m glad you are getting closer to the appointment.  I am wondering if you have ulcerative colitis/Crohn's disease, based on your symptoms and lack of correlation to what you eat.  It just sounds similar to something one of my old colleagues was dealing with (Crohn's) and he ended up managing it quite well (though i can't remember now what he did).

OWR – glad DBF is back in town!  How long is he staying?

Lizo – got your Christmas card this w/e!  Love the pic of you and M J

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Sassy/Lizo - DBF is actually living with me now, as in he has moved in with me, if that makes any sense. He did take a long Thanksgiving break home, and made us a shoe bench, which I LOVE!!  He's leaving for Christmas on 12/23, which is when my mom and I are heading down to my sister's. He's coming back shortly after I get back. We need to find some place with sub-freezing temperatures for camping this NYE.

SassySparky

OWR - Oh awesome!  I must have missed that news Smile  

outwestrunner

Sassy - Well he's been here again/there again, so it has been permanent but not permanent? But he's slowly moving stuff in, and he's helping make decisions about what size of soup/cereal bowls to get, so it's kind of serious. :P

LucyBelle

Morning ladies! Quick pop-in from me for now, will hopefully get to personals later...

RR: Only worked out once this weekend, a 3.5 mile run on Saturday. I got a terrible stomachache toward the end of the run that continued the rest of the day and into Sunday. Not sure what that was about. I want to ST tonight since I never got around to it over the weekend - shoulders, back, and abs.

NRR: Kind of a blah weekend since I had a stomachache. Sad  We had grand plans for dinner and a movie Saturday night and we never made it out. We did, however, get our (fake) Christmas tree up. I lit a pine-scented candle and it was sort of hidden behind the tree in a corner so CRF didn't realize I had lit it...all night he kept marveling over the "power of suggestion" and how just seeing the fake tree made him smell pine trees. I was laughing on the inside. It was pretty funny when I asked him to go blow out the candle. Anywho. Today = work, meeting, hopefully ST, and an early bedtime! Boring...

NorCal

Morning DIVAs! 

RR. Well we had a group run planned yesterday morning, but woke up to pouring rain and huge gusts of wind, so we cancelled it and then met up with another couple last night for a run. Us ladies got in 7 miles while the guys bailed early at about 5. Today, I'll be doing some home workouts, core, etc. 

NRR. What a storm we had here! We lost power when we woke up yesterday morning, so we had to go out to watch the 49er game and it was back on when we got home. The sun came out and all was good the rest of the day. The creeks were all very full and there was a lot of minor flooding. 

Today, working from home, it's billing week, so I'm busy with that! 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

Sassy - Well he's been here again/there again, so it has been permanent but not permanent? But he's slowly moving stuff in, and he's helping make decisions about what size of soup/cereal bowls to get, so it's kind of serious. :P

To throw my two cents in re: bowls, because we have like 4 kinds for different things.  For cereal, you need deep with a small diameter, for salads, I like wide diameter but shallow.  This also works for chilis so you maximize your room for cheese and other toppings.  Soup is mug, hands down.  

NorCal

To throw my two cents in re: bowls, because we have like 4 kinds for different things.  For cereal, you need deep with a small diameter, for salads, I like wide diameter but shallow.  This also works for chilis so you maximize your room for cheese and other toppings.  Soup is mug, hands down.  

Totally agree!!! Smile 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

Sassy - We were discussing that this morning. 

I originally bought these, because they're smaller and you won't end up eating too much (but we don't eat cereal so..?):

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/fiesta-19-oz.-cereal-bowl?ID=2276&CategoryID=53629

I thought these were too big (although now that I see they're 24 oz, not the 32 oz. I misremembered):

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/fiesta-gusto-bowl-24-oz?ID=146108&CategoryID=7923

But maybe we'll end up with these

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/fiesta-rim-soup-bowl?ID=2275&CategoryID=53629

Edit - Why aren't those hyperlinked? 

SassySparky

Yeah a 19 or 24 oz bowl is crazy for cereal!!  I like the ones you linked called "Soup bowl" which is kind of what we use for salad and curries/stir fries.  

When we got married we got these : http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/noritake-colorwave-raspberry-cereal-bowl-6-1-2?ID=204596&CategoryID=53629  but i thought they were too shallow for cereal.  I use them for oatmeal though.

I ended up buying these from world market http://www.worldmarket.com/product/coupe-cereal-bowl-set-of-4.do?page=2&from=fn

Dan does not like these for cereal, he thinks they don't hold enough volume (but he eats like two servings at a time).  

I'm obviously picky about bowls.  

outwestrunner

Sassy - I think we'll end up with the "soup bowl" ones, too. We are keeping the dinner plate (10.25") and lunch plate (9").. and going to discuss the bowls at the store on Wednesday. Also probably returning a color. I like all the colors they have, but I want them to be complimentary. DORK  Right now, we have plum, scarlet, marigold, shamrock, peacock, and sunflower. The marigold and sunflower are too alike in that they're both yellow (duh) but I like the marigold better. Maybe we'll get the tangerine instead, and I also like the cobalt. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH  My OCD brain is loving this.. which colors, such and such a size, etc etc.

gsdrunner

MA: Yay for 17 miles. that's great. Sorry to hear about the GI issues though. They suck. Smile

Meli: WTG on the raffles. ALways nice to get free stuff.

Taylor: Congrats on getting "official" Smile

cara:  Hope you feel better. 

RTLW: Hugs..  Its rough .. but relieve is on the way, right?

out: Yay for DBF being home!

Lizo: Glad you had a great weekend even if you did some work. 

lucy: Great job on the run this weekend. Hope your tummy feels better.

NC: I heard about the storms... crazy. Good luck with the billing...

What a crazy day ladies... everything I had plan has gone sideways... 

LucyBelle

I keep going to start personals, getting distracted, and then getting automatically logged out! Let's see how far I can get this time...

Monk: Sounds like a fun holiday weekend!! The cookies you made sound delicious, I love the chocolate/mint combo, so I may need to try them out.

Sassy: YAY, Candy Cane Joe Joes, so addicting! I had 3 last night and forcibly stopped myself from eating more. Sorry G is being so clingy, hopefully it is a quick phase!

GSD: Wow, 11 hours of sleep for M! Hopefully she repeats that! Everyone getting all their Christmas decor up is making me feel like I'm slacking in that department! We really only do the tree though...not much room for other decor.

MArunner: Aw, sorry about the fight with DH, and that he didn't get to go to the football game. Hopefully things are back on track now. I hope your boss lets you work from home as much as you want!

RLTW: I hope Dr. Hottie calls you today, or has already called by now!

Meli: Glad you had a good weekend. SCORE on all the stuff you won. You must have been super lucky that day! Sorry you're still in a funk. Hopefully as time passes it will fade.

Taylor: What concert did you guys see? So happy to hear you're having such a good time with the new DBF! Pics on FB are cute.

Cara: Boooooo on the stomach issues. I hope they resolve a bit today. Maybe stick to a bland diet for now, until you see the GI doc at least! I think you can be active later if you have the energy, even if you didn't go to work...sometimes being active helps you feel better!

Outwest: LOL on the great plate/bowl decisions. I have a feeling we'll be going back and forth about that stuff when we register soon. My only requirement is giant - wide AND deep - bowls for cereal, because I loooooove cereal!

Lizo: Happy to hear you had a great weekend and are feeling better!

LucyBelle

OK that took FOR-EV-ER to post. It just kept loading and loading. Jeez.