Womens Running

We LOVE the WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

yay!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me!

This run ends me at 60+ for the week! Now it’s time to taper! Woohoo! Good thing I had a peak week this week since my schedule was messed up, ha. Anyway, run was awesome today. Basically up and down a mountain 4x. I’m talking hills so steep that I had to be on my tiptoes to get up at a good pace! Great leg workout and perfect way to end the week.

Karen - NICE job on the 20 yesterday! I’m glad we were on the same schedule! I can’t believe I somehow added 2 extra weeks. Oh well. Hopefully I’m still PR ready!

Going to post and run run and catch up with everyone later. I’m posting from my phone. Going to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend in the mountains!

Anonymous Guest

Back from just under 8 miles this morning. There were storms in the area and I didn't have any "I'll be there" responses to my group run post, but went down there anyway because a lot of times people show up without responding. But today it was just me. I did run across 4 of our walkers and stopped to talk to them for awhile, so that was fun. And then we all heard thunder so went on our way. Started raining but not hard my last two miles and actually felt pretty good, since it was hot and humid and muggy even starting at 7. Today was a recovery run, so nice and slow and easy.

So next weekend I'm running the half marathon (and am going to try my hardest to do at least the first ten miles no faster than marathon pace) that starts/finishes where we do our group run. My walkers are going to have way more fun though. They are doing the Blue Bell 10K next Saturday (that's right, Blue Bell, with ice cream at the finish) and then a 5K at a winery on Sunday.

Liz, great end to a great week of running. Holy hills! Enjoy the relaxing weekend.

Hi to all, will be back later to see what everyone is up to....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6-8 miles tonight.  I had 6 but since I missed 2 miles of my intervals on Tuesday, let's call it 8, lol.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Been absent for a spell, not much to share I suppose...

Lizzie, have a FAB weekend!!  Bummer Mr. Ruger can't come, but you'll have a great time.

Karen, glad you got a mostly dry run in.

Damaris, good luck with your miles later.

So I opted against 2 different races today due to the crap predicted weather.  This morning was supposed to be wet with possible thunder showers.  Now it is possible all day, depending on which weather site I read.  And also tomorrow.  Karen, and others who get nasty storms, how do you decide it is safe to go?  Scares the daylights out of me...  It isn't currently raining now, but grey and gloomy.

Have tomorrow off now due to the lack of doctors - they are just closing the clinic.  (It is a 24/7 clinic, close totally???)    Makes zero sense to me, but whatever.  I am going in Friday to make up for it.  Not enthused.

Happy weekend all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Hey Girls!!

5.3 this morning.  Was a nice run, the temps were an awesome 40 degrees!  I am having some inner knee pain and it's been there a couple of weeks so I'm not sure what's going on, I got new shoes but that hasn't helped.  Doesn't hurt when I walk just a couple of miles into my run.

Lizzie - nice running week and yay for tapering!!

Karen - nice 8!!

Damaris - have a good 8!

Hi Kat!  Very weird about closing a 24/7 clinic!

Took my DD to get her prom dress fitted (alterations). OMG that stuff is expensive.  Her grandma took her and paid for the dress...the alterations are half of what the dress costs and really all it needs is a hemming and taken in a bit !

Happy weekend to everyone!  Led a 5 mile hike this morning (I'm a trail docent) and then ran 4 miles.  Doing a trail HM tomorrow and then volunteering at the race.  No wonder I never get anything done around the house when the weather is nice, lol.

Lizzie, enjoy your weekend away!  Good thing you noticed your training plan mix-up this week and not closer to the race!  Sounds like your first week at the new job went well?

Karen, nice 20 yesterday.  I like how your baby runners think -- ice cream and wine!  Although I have to say that the former sounds like a better post-race treat.

Damaris, hope the run went well.

Kat, yikes on the storms.  I'd run in a rainstorm but not thunder and lightening, that sounds a tad unsafe.

LC, hopefully the knee pain is nothing major.  Is it around the knee cap?  Maybe the IT band pulling the knee cap out of alignment?  If so, foam rolling the IT band could help.

Going to watch some college basketball and see who's playing VA in the final.  Notre Dame ladies are in the women's basketball final on Sunday, woo!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

8.7 this morning, not quite 10 but I'll take it.  Knee was not bad but I'm also having issues with 2-3 of my toes on my left foot (same side as knee).  Like the joint near my foot just starts aching.  I'm likely gripping/bending my toes but the other foot is fine.  I"m falling apart!!  LOL

It was in the 40's this morning and perfect.  We're supposed to see 60 degrees tomorrow.  I refuse to talk about the snow that is supposed to hit Wed/Thurs 

Margaret - enjoy the running and volunteering!  The knee issue is the inner side, so likely a ligament?  I feel it when I left my foot up.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 yesterday and 6.7 this morning. We went to get some appraisals of DH's truck yesterday and wandered around Carmax. Didn't find anything he liked. All the luxury sedans we sat in had lousy back seats--like knees against the seat and the front seat passenger's knees against the dash. My Subaru has tons of leg room, so the bar is set pretty high.

Anonymous Guest

10.8 miles this morning. 5x1.5 miles at HMP with 2 minute recoveries. I thought I was going to have to hit the TM for this one, but the first batch of strong storms heading our way went well to the north, and the main batch is just hitting now. Which meant this morning was just cloudy, so off I went. It was warm and humid (low 70s) but the cloud cover made it not awful. That gives me 72 miles for the week, and I am tired. I am so ready to taper! I've got a couple tough workouts next week, but I also have......a rest day from running! Haven't seen one of those in a couple weeks.

Kathryn, I get obsessed with the radar when storms are coming. Big ones coming through like today you can watch and kind of time, when there are pop up storms it's harder. We usually get pop up storms in the afternoon/evening, so I'm usually not running then anyway. But if there are storms around and I decide to go out, I usually don't go too far and just do loops, I carry my phone so I can check the radar if I do hear thunder, and I usually head home as soon as I do hear it.

Well, the storm with 60 mph winds and hail is here....expecting to lose power and internet at any time, so I'm going to go ahead and post then hunker down with a book.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

AnonymousGuest, I always do the radar check with storms. Every so often we get these freak storms that don't follow the typical west to east path. So I'll think great, storms to the south, no problem, only to find out the stupid things are essentially going up 95 North.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Whoa Boy Howdy!  Did it ever storm this morning.  But by 11/12 it cleared and I went out.  Managed a very speedy 4 miles.  13min run/walk mile, for me it is good.  I run half/walk half.  Since I walk about 15mm miles, that means I was running 11's??  Is that right?  Possibly I should slow down, run farther but slower.  It was fun though.  Fun hasn't been in my running vocabulary, so then again, maybe it was a good thing.

Starting to actually clean.  Desperately need it.  Ok, maybe after some guacamole...

Margaret, hope the trail half was enjoyable and volunteering after was a success.  Oh, what time do you get into Detroit on Friday?  My flight lands at 11am.  Just wondering for Lisa.  If you are close to me, I will hang in the airport so she doesn't make 2 trips.  DAMN, this is coming up FAST!!!

Laura, 40's sounds so cold, and 60 chilly.  It was a lovely 70 out today, with a slight breeze.

HCK, hope DH finds his car.  A luxury car with bad back seating?  No.

Karen, 72 miles?????  Crazy.  Glad you were also able to get out.  We had terrible storms about 6am and I had to put the oldest dog on the bed with me as he was getting very stressed.  Which means he curls up ON my head and was licking my face.  What a way to welcome in 6am.    How do your two pups handle the storms?  Luckily our storms are done for the day.  Did you see anything on Brazos Bend 50, it was this weekend.  And the gators were out in FULL FORCE apparently.

Happy Happy all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! Today is usually my Body Pump day..but we didn't get back in time. I am going to try to catch a class this week, or maybe just wait until next weekend.

We had a great weekend doing nothing. Seriously. We sat outside and looked at the view and talked all day yesterday. it was great. I think my brother and SIL were just glad to have some adult time Smile We left around 9 and got home a little after 11. Its nice to go someplace in state - it doesn't take long to get home! Annoying thing is, I have some sites out there where we were and have to go back on Thursday to do those inspections. Probably should have planned that better and went up there early Friday to do them. Oh well.

Taking advantage of this 76 degree day and washing the cars. We are going to go for a walk in a little while. Spring/Summer is making its entrance!

Karen - Summer has arrived in TX! Wait. A race with Blue Bell ice cream at the finish line?! I would travel there for that you know. Smile NICE run today! That sounds hard. Especially in that weather. 72 miles - woohoo!! Nice ending to the training cycle Smile The first week of taper never counts. Haha.

Kathryn - Well, I hope there are other 24 hour clinics open in the area! Thats crazy! I would be mad! I have been out there running during a distant thunderstorm. You usually can tell how close it is…if I can hear it getting closer than I go inside. Don’t go by me though, I am stubborn. YAY for a great run today! Smile LOVVVEEE guac!! LOVE IT! We are having it with our chicken tonight Smile Yum.

Laura - Nice miles yesterday and today! Interesting about the knee. Have you been doing anything else that might have aggravated it? I get some inner knee pain sometimes. A massage usually helps me. Do you get those? Or foam rolling like Margaret suggested. Your toes too? Weird!! Homecoming dresses are expensive these days! Are they seriously predicting snow?! WOW. I won’t mention our 80 degree temps tomorrow….

Margaret - Hope you had fun at the trail half today!! I swear, you are at a race or racing every weekend Smile I love it. I want to be you when I grow up! Wink Yes, first week at the job went well. I am anxious to get access to programs and be on my merry way!

Run4kupcakes - Nice run! Is DH interested in getting a subaru? My brother swears by his, too.

Okay. Off to enjoy the rest of the day! Not too upset tomorrow is Monday. Hopefully I get full access to some programs I need to actually do my job (takes forever apparently). If not, I am going to do some more travel than I had originally planned. I dont want to sit around here waiting for program access!

Have a good afternoon/evening!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I will also mention that my butt is so sore from that run yesterday! It was all the hills! Holy glutes!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 20 on the TM today. Hubby is taking me now for lunch and it better be pizza.

Damaris