judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Haircut and color. A favorite thing.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

There have been two very good runs in two days. I am so pleased! Yesterday was a very good 35 minute run. This deep breathing thing is working very well for me. I'll try it today as well.

I'm back to stretching my feet in the morning and wearing my heel cup. My heel is already much better.

Today is cut and color for my hair. I feel better already just knowing I will get it done. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Track run today after hair cut.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Work has been busy and court nonstop.  I was able to graduate my allergy shots to every other week after three years of bad reactions, yay.  I am still severely allergic and the dose they maxed me at is not high, but yay.  Pilates tonight.  Still not running, trying to get ready for San Francisco training.

Judy, I need to do my haircolor as well, dang it.  I keep forgetting.  Enjoy!  And nice runs these past few days.

Off to read yesterday's thread.

Damaris

ginnyb

3 miles this morning.  First run since my own half on Monday.  I did really well, tried to work on my speed some and succeeded.  I am running a 5k downtown this Sunday.  Here's hoping that there aren't many 60+'s running!  Sorry, but I really do love hearing my name called!  Is that selfish or something?  Probably, but I don't care.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Howdy!  6 miles this morning.  Was supposed to do 4 quarter mile sprints -- felt like crap.  I don't know how close I came to my target pace.  Oh well......  I did see a mama fox and kit.  The kit looked like a puppy, bounding across the street.

Judy--enjoy those good run days.

Maybe I haven't adjusted to the heat yet?

Ginny--I am always hoping the fast chicks in my age group don't come to the races too Wink

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Rode my bike on the trainer for an hour last night - first workout since last Saturday! Felt good to sweat, and I think I'm ready to start running again. Probably a few easy miles after work, which will definitely be sweaty. I just went across the street with a coworker for coffee and it's already hot out there at 10 a.m.!

Thanks again for the advice yesterday. I think when I have a frustrating day at work is when I really just want to tell them right away that I'm leaving.

Judy, have to agree to disagree on that one - I absolutely hate getting my hair cut! I'm glad you enjoy it though, and I'm really glad you had two great runs in a row.

D, I read your RR on your race this weekend. Nice. And congrats to Mr. Docket!

Ginny, if that's selfish, then I may be the most selfish person around. I'll admit that I've looked at past results before signing up for a race to see if I could place. If the overall times are slow, I'm much more likely to sign up!

Susan, you got it done, that's what counts. And I think when the weather starts getting hotter, your target pace is probably going to be a lot harder effort than once you're used to it. So feeling like crap is probably pretty normal.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Tessa, I lost your email address with my last job, apparently, so I'm posting this here and hoping you check in. I had booked a room at the Motel 6 for Saturday night in Newport. It was about the only thing available, reviews not that great, 3-4 miles from the start, cost $93. This morning I got on airbnb and found an apartment that is just a few blocks from the start/finish for $125/night. There is a two-night minimum though. Total for two nights with fees and such is $313. I think I'm going to go ahead and book it and cancel the crappy hotel. We'd have a kitchen and plenty of space, close to beaches and downtown and the start. But I can't remember, are you able to stay until Monday? This job actually gives me that holiday off, so I think I'd rather hang out in Newport Sunday afternoon than a car or an airport. Email me at firstnamelastname15 at gmail dot com and I'll send you a link of the place to check out.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Hi gang!  I'm back from my first cruise and we had a great time. I never thought I was the cruise type, but it was quite nice not to pack every day, though I missed having a bit more freedom about when to call it a day.   I did get in some runs and miles/miles of walking.  Plan 3 today and 5 tomorrow or Sat.

I was able to read just a couple days so shout outs to a few of you.

Tessa, awesome race report!

Karen, congrats on 3rd overall! Woo-hoo!

Ginny, way to go on running your own half.  Tough a** for sure!

Hi to everyone else.  I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, sent you an email, let me know here if you don't get it. That sounds good, thanks!

Ginny, not selfish at all to like hearing your name called.

Busy busy and getting worse. 4 miles this morning. 4.5 yesterday. This 24 hour is awfully close!

Bikerchick1

Judy - Enjoy the hair cut and color!  Always feels so good to have it done

Damarias - Sounds like you have been very busy!

Ginny - Nice job on the 3 miles, after your personal Half!  Don't think it it selfish at all....you are getting recognition for a job well done!

Crazysue - Sounds like a good work out anyway.  I usually check the results from a previous years race just to see how many people showed up and if it seemed to be a fast or slow "crowd".

Karen - If you are getting our weather from yesterday...it was HOT!  Nice job on the ride on the trainer!

Camille - Where did you cruise to?  Glad you enjoyed it.

Tessa - Hope you get some down time over the week-end.

Broke my self imposed rest week by going out with a RB and running on the trails.  We did about 4 miles, including about 1 mile of hill work on the sled hill.  Glad I went.  Tonight is Yogalates 

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me. Still have a slight cold but it isn't terrible. I had some runny nose during the run.

Judy awww nothing like a hair cut and color. I swore I'd never color my hair. But my gray washes out my brown making it look tired so I color it for now.

D like the new avi

ginny GL placing!

Camille glad you had fun. I've never bern on a cruise. Dh and I wanted to do an Alaska cruise but haven't gotten to do it yet.

Carol nothing wrong with breaking the rest week.

Marjorie