Womens Running

Fun Hangover MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What a great weekend!! I hope everyone had one Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sue I am so sorry about the fall! You can benefit from a gentle soothe. <~~~~ sending it.

Friday was classes and cross training, yoga.

Saturday was SDO but with a 40 minute hike.

Sunday Buddy and I did 60 minutes out on the trail. It had just finished raining for quite a few hours, but the air had that nice, fresh smell. Lots of geese were out flying their “V’s”.

Today

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Fun hangover indeed. Awesome fun weekend with awesome fun friends and an awesome fun marathon. I finished in 4:10:00 - in 44 degrees that's a comfortable pace. It was probably one of the most evenly-paced marathons I've done, with the exception of mile 17 when I had to stop and pee. I'll do a RR later, but for now I'll just say that I'd put TCM on my favorites list just behind Boston. This was my 55th marathon/ultra and 35th state, and I had a blast on the course. Sandy and her friends were saying they thought both number of runners and number of spectators was down from previous years, but I thought the course was plenty crowded and the spectators were fantastic, and along the entire course.

Sandy as usual was an excellent host, and Liz as usual was lots of fun. Well they were both lots of fun, Sandy was an excellent host in addition to being lots of fun. I got home last night around 12:45 (flight was a few minutes late, but getting to my car took forever). DH and Huckles were both sleeping, but Riley woke up for me and was happy to see me. I did my best to keep him quiet and the puppy didn't wake up. I got up around 5 when he started crying a bit mostly because I wanted to see him. He was so excited to see me, and after going out to pee, snuggled on my lap and slept for awhile. So sweet. I think he's gotten bigger since I left Friday morning.

Did read the forum over the weekend but since I didn't have a computer didn't post. Too much trouble on my phone.

Laura, good to see you here. Job situation sounds frustrating and a little anxiety producing. I hope things get figured out and settled soon.

Gatsby, 21 mile long run? Nice.

Diane, excellent mileage for you over the weekend and for the week. I do have to ask though, when did 9 become a prime number ?

DH left this morning for Boston and will be gone through Thursday. He had a tough time with the puppy, but it seems like he eventually figured things out. We talked for about 10 minutes this morning then he had to head to the airport which kinda sucks. I was going to run today (ultra training, ya know), but looking at the forecast we are getting lows in the 60s starting Wednesday and possibly the 50s by Sunday or Monday! So I"m probably going to take a rest day now.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! Smile I am off today - Columbus Day.  Benefits of my client being a bank Smile

I have a fun hangover! What an AWESOME weekend with some pretty awesome ladies Smile Sandy is a great host and I am so happy i get to return the favor in a few weeks Smile

So Friday and Saturday we kinda just killed time and saw some sights in Minneapolis/St Paul. By seeing the sights i mean driving the course and going to an Apple Orchard (which happened to be filled with kids so we left Smile ). Just driving around Minneapolis was beautiful! Their colors are changing so very "Fall". And COLD. 40 degrees! We stopped at Goodwill to get some throw away clothes.

Sunday was race day! Perfect day to race...40 degrees and cloudy with no wind. What more could you ask for? Karen and I got to the race start an hour early so we just kinda hung out. Karen did a lot of butt squeezing. Wink They had 3 separate corrals that started about 8 minutes appart, so when it was race time Karen went to her corral (2) and I went to mine (3). I am thinking I put in my 4:30 marathon time because the 4:15 pace group was in corral 2. Corral 3 was the start of the 4:30 pace group. I knew then there was no way I was going to get 4:15. I would have used up all my energy trying to catch up to that pace group. And during a race the watch just isn't all the reliable for pacing - at least not mine.

Race started and I got stuck behind the 4:30 pace group. Seriously. This crowd was so big I could not get around until mile 6. I was trying to keep my pace between 9:40-9:55. BUT like I said, my watch would jump around occasionally. Probably because trees? Who knows. Usually during a race I just get tunnel vision until the end, but I was making a point to see the sights. The trees were gorgeous (FALL) and everything is so "park like" in Minneapolis/St Paul. Paths everywhere! Very runner/walker/cycle friendly city. Crowd support was amazing. There was NEVER an empty spot! How cool is that? Saw lots of funny signs that I dont remember - but one that I do remember is this blow up trump head that you could punch on the way by Smile Hehe.

I saw Sandy at mile 15 (shes so cute - a good cheerleader) and I was feeling really good. Mile 17 I stopped for a potty break. I was a little scared because when I was in there the port a potty was rocking! I thought it was going to tip! LOL. Weird. I was also a little worried about my stomach - I kept getting upset tummy cramps. Which was odd because I had really taken a lot of immodium. I ended up taking 2 more on the course. I probably won't be normal until Wednesday. LOL . Youre welcome.

Regardless of the tummy issues, I was still feeling strong. Mile 20 came..and then came the 6 mile incline LOL.  Before you start the incline they had this blow up "wall". Sandy had prepped us for it Smile My watch paces were starting to range from 9:40-10:10. Man, those hills were tough! Not like a steep hill, but a gradual incline. My quads felt like they would explode. I wanted to walk but I told myself just to keep going..I got this..keep going. There were times the hills would level off a bit and I would pick up pace - but just when I did there was another incline Smile This is a benefit of not starting out too fast - I was passing so many people. Last half mile? (I think) was downhill. I knew I wasn't going to get my 4:15 but I wanted to get under 4:20..i was booking it towards the finish - watch said 8:30! I crossed the line at 4:21. For a moment I started kicking myself saying "well maybe I shouldnt have walked the last 2 water stops". I started to get upset about it - but all in all I am happy with the time. My paces were very consistent and I felt great the entire race (well, you know there are the usual struggles). i would recommend this race to everyone! I would run it again in a heartbeat!

The race had crappy finish line food. Chips and chocolate milk and some kind of broth. I didn't really eat much and by the time I got back to Sandy's I was having a sugar crash so then i just felt too sick to eat. I got to the airport around 4 and found a pizza place and ate an entire personal pan pizza in 5 minutes. LOL. It was sausage and it was SO GOOD!!!!!! Got home around 9:30 and HCF had cake and roses waiting for me Smile Took some bites of cake and went to bed!

Such a great weekend. Taking a few days off then have to do a little bit of training because Richmond is 5 weeks away!!! Smile Smile My quads and the inside of my legs are super sore. Thats the norm for me usually.

Some personals from the weekend..

Kathryn - I hope the new shoes work out! Sorry about the party - you know if people give you shit, you could always say..ITS A JOB! You have to pay your bills somehow!

Docket - Congratulations on Chicago!!! You did awesome! It was SO WARM - which was a bummer but it looks like you made the best of it Smile I heard a guy in the airport say that he picked the right race (TCM) because it was so warm in Chicago. I hope that your groin is feeling better today!

Lori - Nice miles this weekend! OOOO Canadian Thanksgiving!? What kinda stuff is on the menu? I love Thanksgiving.

Run4kupcakes - HCF forgets to turn off his alarm all the time! So annoying. Lock on the cable? Are they watching things they shouldn’t be? Nice miles over the weekend. When I got off the plane yesterday, I could feel the humidity and almost cried. Why can’t this be over?!

Laura - LLLAAUURRAAA!!! So good to hear from you. I am so sorry about your job!!! That is awful! Are you going to try to look elsewhere? You have been there for quite some time, right? Just my .02c but I would be constantly nervous about my job if I stayed. I am sorry you are going through all of this. Its been a tough year for you Sad

Carol - Karen was telling us all about you over the weekend Smile Don’t worry, good things. We can’t wait to meet you in OH!!! Smile

Susan - Oh no on the fall!!! I am glad it didn’t effect your running/cycling. Sorry for the bad mood Sad

Diane - Wow, nice weekly mileage!!

Margaret - Wow, nice run yesterday! 21 miles is no joke! Oh no on the fueling! Let me know when you figure the fueling out..I seem to have the same problem! Hate gels though. What is in your trail mix?? I just get to the point where I am not hungry and just can’t take in fuel anymore.

Judy - Send that cool air this way please! Smile Nice “activity” this weekend Smile

Sandy - Thanks for being such a great host!!! I can't wait to see you in 5 weeks. BTW..I am not feeling too hot today. LOL. Not your fault - I think its the going from warm weather back to cold..then back to warm. Plus running a marathon and then getting on an airplane.

Another downer about coming home is that it was 40 degrees in MN. It is 75 and HUMID here - 74 DP. We are supposed to get a hurricane Weds/Thurs which sucks, but after that our temperatures are finally supposed to drop. Go away Summer! I miss MN already!!!

Have a great Monday! Thanks for reading Wink I know its long (thats what she said).

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Glad you got home okay, Karen! I am sure the puppies were happy to see you! I guess your temps are dropping after this tropical system moves through, too! Its hard to come back to the heat, right? I would say take that rest day! Aren't you sore?! Thanks for the laughs this weekend. I am laughing right now thinking about everything Smile

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL Karen it was prime for stopping.  Glad you got home with no trouble.

I'm so glad today is a rest day.  With DH visiting the dogs bark at every little noise so sleeping is difficult. Plus I kept getting hot and sweaty last night for some reason.

Nice RR Lizzie and your fiance is too cute.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  At Yolk again and then heading to the arirport. Groin feels OK so I did the right thing not even trying. I also felt like shit from the get go but with lots of energy. Hubby is really sick and I am trying not to catch the worst of it.

Sue, sorry for the fall. We must be sisters with all this tripping and falling.

Damaris

ginnyb

Congratulations Damaris, Karen and Liz!  Sounds like a good time was had by all!  What fun!  Damaris, glad your tripping didn't ruin the race for you...actually sounds like you had a great time!  Liz, I imagine the leaves are turning a little more up there in Minnesota, they are just starting to change here in Ohio...such a pretty time of year.

Very warm and muggy here this morning, supposed to be in the mid to upper 80's for the next 3 days.  Alright, Alright, even I am a little tired of it, ready to wear boots and sweaters.  I did a local 5K on Saturday, for the schools.  Won my AG and there actually were more than 1 in AG this time!  It rained , but was very warm .  It was fun.  Did legs with trainer this morning.

Sue...sorry about the fall, but glad you were more pissed than hurt.

Diane...20 miles on the TM???  Nope, don't think I could do it.  You are awesoime, with all the mileage!

LC...good to hear from you.  You know I frequently take breaks from running and any type of exercise,..at least we keep returning!

I will be back later, have some errands to run before working.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Seloc

Man, great weekend indeed.  So bummed out and sad my guests had to leave.  It’s fun having roommates!!  Especially those two goofballs.  So super proud of them killing the race.  Oh, and you guys, it’s been raining since yesterday afternoon.  Glad it held off a day!  No running for me this weekend at all or today.  Booty HURTS more today for some reason.  Yin yoga tonight.

Cathy – how did the volunteering go?  How long were you out there?  I just LOVE being at mile 15.  It goes by so fast!  First wheeler around 9am and the sweep comes by about 11:45.  And it’s mostly a steady stream of people.  Fast coworker killed it!  I’m still in awe he waited so long to decide to run.

Lori – YAS!  GC IS going to be epic.  Pretty sure you won’t find anything MORE epic than that!!

Gatsby – yikes on the low fuel.  That feeling is the WORST.  Glad you had some trail mix to remedy the situation.  Nice 21 miles!  When is your full again?  I’ll try to remember this time.

Diane – you can have that 20 on a dreadmill.  Nope nope nope.  LOL on 9 being prime.

Kat – I laughed at nutter nutter cat lady.  Ewwww.  Growing up the kit kat once ate fishing line (my dad was restringing a reel or something in the kitchen).  When that came out she ended up freaking out running all over the house until someone was able to grab it.  My mom then promptly went back over her entire route cleaning the carpet LOL  GROSS.  Hope the new shoes work out!!

Damaris – congrats on another Chicago!!  Looks like fun.  Hope you avoid the sickness.  Safe flight home!!

HCK – my thoughts are with you dealing with aging parents.  No fun.  At.  All.

Laura!! – great to see you!!  I am SO sorry work has been such a nightmare.  What a year it has been.  Good for you for taking a few days off running/working out.  After all those years of streaking that must have felt weird.  But much needed and earned!!  Nice miles with RB yesterday!!  You are still in for GC, right?  Really looking forward to meeting you in person!

Carol – yup, were your ears burnin this weekend?  Karen was sharing how awesome you are so can’t wait to meet you!

Sue – oh no on the fall!  I would be pissed, too.  Damn sidewalk jumped up and grabbed you.  Hope the skinned knee and elbow are doing okay today.

Lizzie – fun hangover indeed.  Sigh.  Hope you get lots of couch time today!!  Best guest EVER.  You come back any time now, you hear?  Oh – is that your shower scrunchy thingy?  I can mail it.  Well, crap.  Sorry you aren’t feeling so hot.  Definitely my fault if you catch a cold.  Glad you found some pizza at the airport!!  At that HCF sure is a keeper.  SUPER PUMPED to meet him in 5 short (gulp) weeks.  Need to get this booty under control.

Karen – another best guest EVER!  You guys are awesome.  Whew that was LATE last night.  Glad you could sneak in without waking the baby.  And awwwwwwwwwww on your boys missing their mama.  The pic of Huckles sleeping on you is just too stinkin cute for words.  Um, yes, you deserve a rest day!  Glad you are getting a bit of a cool down.

Ginny – huge congrats on AG win!!  That is super awesome.  OMG, high 80s??  It’s supposed to rain here all week but I’d rather have that over the high temps.  Fall is nice.

That’s all I’ve got for today.  Hope everyone has a good Monday!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Thanksgiving Day here today so lots of leftovers from the feast yesterday. Turkey. Ham. Salmon (for three vegetarians who will eat fish). Mashed potatoes. Mashed sweet potatoes. Two kinds of carrots. Corn. And of course my specialty.... stuffing. Not to mention the desserts people brought. Yum. I overrate as usual. The scale doesn't lie. Lol

Wow. All the racers ran so well yesterday Congratulations Karen and Liz and Damaris. And Ginny on her AG win.  Everyone in this group inspires me.

I'm on my phone so personals will have to wait until later.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Congrats to the racers and everyone getting some miles in!

We drove to Chicago on Saturday to check a car out. Wasn't a go so we drove back. LOL Good thing we enjoy each other's company. Sunday met up with Katie finally for a 15 mile trail run. She gave me a "plan" to follow so now I'm looking for races to fill it in. I'll be keeping pretty much where at otherwise on running but do a bit more on weekends to get mid-distance double runs in. She told me nothing hard 2 weeks either side of events. LOL Just sharing in case anyone else is thinking dumb thoughts.

December: Marathon or 50k in which I am supposed to race my ass off. LOL

January: Recovery month

February: 50m or 100k easy effort

March: Marathon or 50k hard effort

April: I'll double with doing The Trail Half Marathon on Saturday and then Glass City on Sunday

May: 24 hour race (already found one near Detroit)

June: 50m or more hard effort; possibly Laurel Highlands 70.3 but maybe something else, open to ideas

July: Recovery month

August: North Country double with 50 mile on Saturday and half on Sunday

September: Easy month..will pace at Woodstock

October: Have fun at Javelina!

Liz-yeah for cake and flowers!!

Judy-love the smell after the rain!

Karen-well... if I pace you THAT would be my hard effort for December. LOL 4:10 easy effort marathon. Boggles the mind. But effort is effort. Glad it felt good! What is your actual marathon PR so that we get some sense of how much slower this is.

Diane-talk about mental fortitude!! Nice work!

Kat-nice miles! and just never you mind the downer people. Clearly it's their problem and not yours. Keep it that way.

Ginny-congrats on the AG win!!!

Damaris-stay healthy!! Looks like you had fun on the course though! That's good!

Sandy-have fun at yoga! thanks for volunteering too.

Lisa

Lori-nice miles for you too! Happy Thanksgiving Day! This is the 24 hour race that is new this year.

https://move-itfitness.com/races/twilight-zone-24-hour-endurance-run/

These are the December 15 races I am considering too for my "hard effort"

Naked Nick Leesport, PA

50k/25k

Coldwater Mountain 6/12 hr

I'd do the 6 hour with the push for me to get to the marathon distance. Or just see how many times around I can get on a 1.2 mile trail in Alabama.  Fun thing with these races is that people can go their own pace and you end up seeing each other, especially on a shorter loop.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Three loads of laundry done, and that's my workout for the day. Now catching up on This Is Us. I should go to the grocery store, but I'm sort of weirdly craving fast food, something I haven't eaten in years.

Liz, aww, HCF is a sweetie. You ran great yesterday. I still can't believe you pooped after four imodium.

Diane, Riley is the same way when DH is out of town. Barks at every little thing. The next few nights here may be pretty barky.

Damaris, hope you're feeling better and not catching Richard's sickness. Congrats on another Chicago!

Ginny, congrats on the AG win! That is awesome.

Sandy, oh man, rain yesterday morning before the start would have sucked. I am jealous of your upcoming weekend in Richmond!

Lori, that food sounds so amazing. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving.

Lisa, that looks like a good plan structure. Smarter than just throwing all the races out there without thinking about when the others may be. Or what. I think I might want to try a 24-race sometime. Tell Katie thanks from me for the b2b run schedule.

What is your actual marathon PR so that we get some sense of how much slower this is.

3:33. But right now I think on a good day I'm probably more like 3:45, so I was about a minute/mile slower. I did have a slower mile (to pee) and a faster mile (downhill towards the finish so why not), but other than that, I don't think I've ever run this consistent of splits. It was really fun. No, it wasn't 100 miler pace, but it wasn't a hard effort either.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  Great racing this weekend!!  DD came with me to volunteer at the Lakefront Marathon.  I was a course marshal right before the mile 25 marker.  It was cool and breezy and DD got a little bored near the end, so she lay down in the car for part of the time.     Always inspiring to spectate or volunteer for a marathon, particularly near the end.  Running wise for me, I had an hour and 10 minute "out and back" run with a goal 9:13 pace on Saturday and a 80 minute jog on Sunday.  So I guess the Saturday run actually was my long run.    That Saturday run was tough, particularly with all the other faster runs I had this week.  My legs were tired!

Karen, glad you had such a great race!  Congrats!  That is a great time for a comfortable pace.   Awww, I bet you missed your babies!    Too bad DH had to leave right away!

Lizzie, lucky you for the day off!  Congrats on #13!  Yay!  Whose butt did Karen squeeze?!?  Ah, the 4:30 pace group is the Oprah pace group.    Always a big one!  Though I don't think Lakefront has a 4:30 pace group, they have a 4:20 one!  Those hills looked tough on the course profile but I didn't want to mention it.    Awesome pace at the end!  It sounds like you ran a great race!  Very sweet of HCF!

Damaris, congrats on #49 for you!  Stay healthy!

Ginny, congrats on the AG win!

Sandy, yay for volunteering!    Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!  I was out there from 9:00-2:00.  Though I am not sure why we had to get there that early, the first runner didn't come through until about 9:50.  Oh well, I got my car in the parking lot right next to my station before they locked it up at least.  I believe it's a much smaller race than TCM, I don't know the final count yet, but I think less than 3000.  Yeah, Mr. Math did an awesome job.  He managed to stay awake to watch the Brewers last night too.    I could not wait until the last minute to know that I am running, I have to have a few weeks to mentally prepare.  

Lori, mmm, sounds like a great feast!  Nice running this weekend!

Lisa, sorry the trip to Chicago was a bust!  Nice that you have a "plan".  

Margaret, awesome job on the 21!  Enjoy the day off!

Diane, congrats on the 50 mile week!  Umm, 9 is not prime.  But it is a lucky number for the Chinese.  

Laura, nice to see you back!  Sometimes you need a break.  I'm sorry that work has been so rough.  I'm glad you got the run in!

Sue, hope you are OK from the fall!

Kat, ugh on the awkward party!  Hope the new shoes work out for you.

Cathy

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I forgot to mention that I walked 5 miles with hubby.

Liz... great race report. Boo for bad race finish food. My experiences usually involve them running out since I'm at the back of pack.

Judy.... we have so many Canada geese around here. The waterfront is slick with their droppings. Near my home we have a path I've nicknamed Goose Poop Lane.

Karen.... what a great weekend you've experienced. I'm sure your puppies big and small are overjoyed to have you home.

Diane.... enjoy your rest day. You earned it after rocking out the miles last week

Damaris... safe travels. Congrats again

Ginny...I was sweating buckets during today's walk. I'm also ready for cold weather.

Seloc..... it sounds like you're a perfect host. I'm still on the fence about Glass City bit lean toward it every day. What with so many locals here going and you ladies as well it's going to be hard to pass up.

Lisa.... I'm likely doing Strolling Jim in May but if I don't I will do that 24 hour race.  Also I'm kinda hoping that it might be me that you're pacing in September!

Turtles.... thanks for volunteering.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**