Womens Running

Friday goes by so slowly..Supermoms (Read 354 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Friday afternoon after my student leaves and before DH comes home, time moves by so slowly, I swear the clock is moving backwards..

ER - quick kettlebell stuff.

TR - played with all the chopsticks, spoons and little sauce dishes on the table during lunch, making a huge mess (Vietnamese restaurant) but he ate some fried rice and possibly a molecule or 2 of pea & carrot.

FR - crockpot beef bourguignon, green beans, whole wheat egg noodles.  Washed down with a LOT of wine!

NRR - stressed last night and probably got about 30 min sleep total.

NRR#2 - going to lole after work, they said my tights are finally in..they better be the right ones or I will go nuts.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Morning Patty: hope work goes ok today! Yay for new tights, I'm hoping Santa brings me a few pairs this year. RR: stroller run with R after I get home from training. Probably the usual 6+. Ran a 5k with him yesterday after work/his nap. I suck at afternoon running. TR: is really snugly the past few days, bringing me books to read and sitting on my lap. I'm loving it. NRR: so glad the weekend is almost here!!! Just doing Christmas stuff and hanging out with DH and R. There is a Christmas festival downtown tomorrow night, might go to that if weather is nice.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Marathonjen

zorbs - Is the fact that Friday goes slowly bad???  I don't mind if time stops after my students leave...more weekendSmile  Now if it were a Monday I would have a problem!!  Your FR sounds great...the wine sounds good too.  I have no idea how you run the next morning as much as you do though...I must be old and under conditionedWink

rg - You run quite a few miles...what is your weekly mileage? Do you have a goal you try to meet or just run whatever you feel like?  Are you training for anything soon?  Enjoy your weekend...glad you don't have to work.

RR - Ran 5 outside in SHORTS!!!  Thanks runnergirl for the suggestion.  After I read what you wrote yesterday I thought...heck...it is warm enough for shorts.  It was 50 but 43ish with windchill....still felt great!  Not sure about today...either rest and go run errands or try to run and save errands for later...hmmmm.

BR/TR??  Not sure what to call this - Was much better last night since DH is home. DH went and picked him up from daycare since he was so excited to see him.  J was being a bit of a brat in terms of throwing things and screaming though...I think he was testing DH.  Woke up at 3:45 screaming...apparently the pacifier feel on the floor and he couldn't get it.  

FR - Crockpot Chicken Noodle soup--thanks mrszm!!  I hope its ok since I won't get to check on it for 10 hours....might be a little over done.

NRR - Going to a HUGE craft fair with my aunt on Sunday...I am not much for craft fairs but this one is pretty cool and HUGE.  It usually takes us 3 hours to walk around...so fun.  Saturday I signed J up to do a baby food taste test for Gerber.  We get a $20 gift card to the local grocery/general merchandise store and it only takes 30 min.  I hope he does ok.

strollermama

zrobs - Sorry about the restless night.  What were you stressed about?

RG - The Christmas thing sounds like fun!  What kind of weekly mileage do you do?  Sounds like you run a lot.

jen - Glad DS is doing better.  Enjoy the craft fair!  And the food tasting sounds great.  Although right now DS would spit it all out right now.

RR:  3 easy miles +stroller class.  5k tomorrow

BR:  Just got yogurt all over the dog...  DH and I were talking last night and we are a little worried DS isn't saying more words.  He is 12 months and really only saying "dog" and sometimes "dada".   I work on words with him all the time but I liked the idea mentioned yesterdayon FB of doing body parts.  Going to work on tummy today.

FR:  I am obsessed with pomegranates.  This time of year they are actually afforabled and I eat like one a day for a snack.  Mmmm.

NRR:  Going to try and make peppermint bark and buckeye bark today for Christmas gifts.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

CMGRuns

*Zorbs*: hope today doesn't go by too slow for you! I get what you are saying. Some days DH can't get home fast enough. *RG*: so cute little snuggly R. Enjoy your weekend. We are getting ready for Christmas this weekend too. *Jen*: yay for shorts in almost December! Craft fair sounds fun. I'm sure the baby food testing will be great. That is a great deal. ------ ER: would like to do a nice long walk tomorrow. Had every intention of going for a walk last night, but fell asleep on couch at 8 last night...thank goodness I did (see TR) TR: at 1 am she woke up screaming...not crying, screaming. I was pretty sure she had a bad dream so I laid in bed with her. Then...she started puking everywhere, and lots of it. Of course I jumped up and ran to get DH to help us. He basically cleaned and changed her bed while I cleaned her and while she continued to throw up in the bathroom, poor baby! DH is staying home today since I need my PTO days (he got a new computer yesterday so I don't think he is too upset). She keeps saying she has to potty and acting like it is urgent. Her tummy is gurgly. DH might want to keep her in her pull up just in case! PGR: 35 weeks on Sunday! NRR: we were supposed to go to the movies with my brother and SIL tonight. We already bought tickets. I told DH he should go ahead and see the movie so we don't waste all our money. I have a Netflix movie and fall asleep early anyways. It is too hard to get all our kids healthy at the same time...grrr!
            CMGRuns

Shelby: poor dog..haha! Claire has always been a huge talker. It is fun to see them learn
              Marathonjen

Shelby - I don't think I would be too worried about DS.  My DS will be 14 months in a week and a half and only recently has he really started to speak more or try to.  In the past 2 weeks he added more than just dada and mama and ampa.  He says byebye, hi, bubbles, ducky, frog (well...what would be those words but they don't always sound correct).  We teach him stuff everyday and he tries to mimic but doesn't always get it.  We can see his lips moving and really trying to figure out how to say it...lol  Have fun cooking today...sounds delicious.  How do you even eat a pomegrante?  I have no clue.

cmg - So sorry to hear about about DD being sick.  Hope you and DH don't get it.  I think I said this yesterday but all of my students have the stomach flu.  I have had at least 5 kids per class out with it every day this week.  J's daycare teachers kids had it Monday too and I really hope she doesn't pass the germ to J.  I hate puke (like leelee) and I am deathly afraid of him getting it and puking all over so I have to clean it up...ugh...I am stressed just thinking about the possibility.  Once when he puked at the inlaws house when he was 8 months old (so it was all milk) I had to go in the other room and let DH and FIL clean it up...EWWWW!  Boo on the movie.  What movie were you going to?  I hope C feels better quick.  Apparently my students said it only lasts 24 hours.

mrszackmorris

rr: stretch stretch strtch!

br: cried every single time i left his sight last night.

tr: taking dd2 to pick out her gift exchange gift for school. $5 limit.

nrr: getting together  with a few different friends this weekend; it should be fun.

fr: totally did not plan anything for tonight. Hmmm... dh is picking up nice steaks tonight for tom.

--------

zorbs: your fr always sound so good. I asked for a crockpot cookbook for christmas!

rg: cute to r. We are hoping to get the tree up this weekend.

jen: good luck with soup! I am sure it will be fine! shorts yesterday?! Very nice!! Have fun at the craft fair. Let me know if you find anything cute that is homeade for my girls...i am still only trying handmade stuff for them!

shelby: ds is 14 months and only says mama dada and ow.

cmg: ugh to claire. Hope she starts feeling better soon! What movie?

runninmer

RR:  Nope.  Still feels weird in the foot.

TR:  Still sick.  Called the nurse last night when his temp got up to 102.5.  Going to call the doc today and see what they say.

NRR:  We had big plans for the weekend.  We were going to have a friends daughter who is 3.5 over to see her "boyfriend" and go to a christmas parade, decorate cookies, decorate the tree, and have dinner.  Super bummed to have had cancelled.  We are trying for next weekend.

FR:  Not running and DH brought McDonalds home.  So good, yet so so bad.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

armmama

RR - my 4 yesterday felt good, no foot pain so yay!  DH was home because he was going golfing in the afternoon (for work, pretty rough) so he took L shopping and let me run solo.    I think I'm going to go to tennis clinic this morning.  I haven't played in a while and I just got bumped up to the next rating level so now I need to get better.

BR - loves to carry tennis balls around the house and throw them and then chase them.  So cute. Not as cute when he has something like a metal car and then throws that. 

KR - had DD2's doctor appointment yesterday and she weighed 34.7 pounds.  The nurse said "34" and I said she had to count those .7!  Got some medicine that's supposed to increase her appetite so we'll see if we can put on a little weight before our next appt.  

NRR - it's parents night out at church tonight so I suggested to DH we have a healthy date.  We are dropping the kids off and then going running, and then we'll get something to eat.  I guess we'll just come home and run in our neighborhood since that's where we feel safest running the dark!

armmama

I had some personals from yesterday but now can't remember all of them!  

santa/elf - my 9 year old still believes in Santa.  I keep wondering when she's going to stop because I was 8/9 when I found out.   I've asked around and other girls her age still believe also.  I'm going to keep it going as long as I can because I'm afraid once she finds out she'll tell my 5 year old and then L will be screwed.  I never say things like "better be good, Santa is watching" .  It's more like a Miracle on 34th street thing, where santa causes people to be kind to others etc.  And we also have an elf, got it a few years ago at the request of DD because they have them at school.  It is a lot of work trying to remember to move it and finding a new place for it every night!  We already forgot on the 2nd night having it this year. 

zorbs - sorry about the stress and lack of sleep.  Sad  I hope you get your new tights!  I have never seen lole.

rg - these boys are so sweet, aren't they?  DH is always playing rough with L, but I love my cuddly little boy.

jen - so you weren't cold?  I always run in capris if it's in the 40s or 50s.  Maybe I will have to try shorts or a skirt on my run this weekend.  It's supposed to be 50 for a low, I think I can do it.  That taste test sounds pretty cool!

shelby - I don't know anything but I wouldn't worry about the words.  L is 14.5 months and does not have a word yet.  He makes sounds like words - like says "wee you wah" to sound like "there you are" when playing peek a boo.  Or "tee too" for "thank you".  We think his first word is going to be a phrase.  Smile  My mom is a speech pathologist so I will worry about it when she tells me I should.

CM - oh no on the pukies!  My DD threw up a couple weeks ago and I was so afraid we were going to have round 2 of the stomach flu going around our house but thankfully it was just an isolated incident.

mrszm - I recently got some tights from Athleta (relay tight I think?) and have only worn them twice but love them!

mer - I feel like we've had to cancel a few things because of sicknesses this year.  Such a bummer.  I hope he starts feeling better!

Leeleeche

RR - ran 3.8 yesterday because I took a wrong turn. I was thinking I needed a 4 miler anyway so it worked out. ST today if the planets align. ***BR - came home from school puking. Sick all night until midnight, slept for 6 hours. Woke up begging for milk, I talked her into water. She held it down for 10 minutes. Poor baby. She's sleeping in my lap right now. This is round 3 of the stomach bug this year. I had a feeling she would get sick at her new school. I just hope once this is over we have a nice long break from it. ***NRR - lots of laundry today!
                          Leeleeche

Zorbs - why so stressed? ***RG - I used to hate afternoon runs but now I absolutely love them. They feel so calming to me. But I remember when I first started and it was horrible. ***jen - the baby food tasting thing sounds awesome! Have fun at the craft fair! I love them if they have great photographers. *** Shelby - neither of my kids spoke much until after 2. My ped wasn't worried which was good because I was. I bet he'll be fine. *** CMG - oh no!!! Our girls are in sync! I hope she gets better quickly!
                            CTimesTwo

A fly by...

RR - rest day... maybe 8-9 tomorrow..

BR - C has been unhappy because of her cold...was up at 11:15 last night crying, took over an hour to get her back to sleep.. woke at 6, wouldn't sleep, ended up in our bed until 8:30 and I just spent the last half hour listening to her wail her lungs out because she was tired, but wouldn't nap unless I held her.  I'd hold her, she'd be calm, I put her in the crib and she'd start crying again.  Finally I had to let her CIO and she fell asleep.  Makes me feel like a bad mom when I know she's sick and wants me, but I'm sick too and I've barely slept, barely eaten, and I can't be more than 5 feet away from her or she freaks out.

Hope everyone has a great day!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Hoping for tomorrow, I'm still expectorating green stuff though.

BR: Waking up too damn early. Seriously kid, 5:30 is not cool.  Puked in the car last night when we drove to the next town to get my allergy shot- my car smelled like cheese and not the good kind. So, I decided to put his carseat in forward-facing after cleaning the barf out of it- R really liked it and his legs aren't so crowded. I weighed him and I think he's still shy of 23 lbs, but he will be 17 mos on Tuesday so I feel good about the amount of time he spent rear facing. Pictures tonight- the photo studio called and asked me a bunch of questions like "what's his favorite color?" "Is he shy?" "Are you bringing props?".  I need to locate a Santa to take R's picture with in the next couple weeks too- I know I'm evil, but I think pictures were kids are crying their faces off on Santa's lap are hilarious!

FR: Was really busy last night and didn't get to sit down until 8:30 so I just ate hot dogs, tator tots, and a can of green beans.  Having dinner with mom, sister, sister's boyfriend, and her kids after pics at Taco Time. I love me some taco time, its fast food but its really fresh and delicious. I think they might have them in California, but there are actually 2 different chains- Taco Time and Taco Time Northwest (what we have) which have slightly different menu items.

NRR: This has been a long week, hoping I feel better soon. Nausea has improved and I only feel like I have mild heartburn, score!!! We'll see if the wiped-out feeling goes away once I'm over this cold too.

_________

zorbs- yay for new tights. Sorry you didn't sleep well.

runnergirl- R has really been into sitting on Mama's lap lately too. I love it. I like to go sit cross legged on the floor of his room and look at books with him.

Jen- The last run I went on (Saturday last weekend-HA!) I wore a skirt and DH wore shorts. It was nice. Have fun at the craft fair. I went to one that we had here last year and there were way too many knitted pot holders and not enough cute stuff. Those grandmas need to get with the times and knit more trendy stuff Wink

shelbyjo- don't pressure yourself with childhood development stuff. Kids will do stuff at their own pace- I swear they just work on one skill at a time. R insists on feeding himself yogurt which means eating it by the handful or with the wrong end of the spoon.

Cmgroff- oh no! poor claire! I hope she feels better. Puke in the middle of the night is the worst. Nothing gets me out of bed faster than the sound of the dog vomiting, so I'm sure the kid would be like 1000x worse.

mzm- weird about DS being so clingy, sounds frustrating!

mer- sorry you had to cancel your plans. I had to Cancel a girls' night thing I was supposed to do 2 weeks ago when R got sick.

armama-  I hope the medicine helps!

lee- Oh no on the puke! Was DH home to help clean up since you are phobic?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07