Womens Running

Dailies Women Sunday (Over 40 but anyone is welcome) (Read 341 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning everyone! I'll be off to run in a bit

Marjorie

Disney freak

Good Morning!  

I just joined RA and just started running 7 weeks ago.  I am training for a 5K in two weeks and am running this afternoon.  It's supposed to be 70 degrees here in Dallas this afternoon!

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
      • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
      • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
      • training for Big D half on 4/14

Linda

Good morning Marjorie & Lisa:

I will get in 8 sometime today--maybe before church.

Lisa:  Your 5K will be very exciting.  Don't stress about it.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Good morning ladies!

I love the but anyone is welcome part, aww thanks! 

Marjorie, enjoy the run!

Lisa Marie, 70 degrees, wow! I’m in New England and we had snow flurries last night.  Enjoy your run today.  You’ll be fine at your first 5k.  I’ve only been running for 7 months but when I did my first 5k I just went out to have fun.  I need a walk break and it kind of bummed me out and I was a little self-conscious of my time.  Then when I was running another race this fall I realized that no one gives a flying f*** about my time besides me.  This running thing really is all for me and I’m the only one who truly cares about my time.  Good luck! Oh and I’m a Disney freak too!

Linda, good luck with the 8 miles. 

AFM, no running scheduled for today but I’m doing weights and yoga.  If that and the other stuff I have to get done doesn’t wipe me out I’ll try to run another 2 or 3 easy miles and see how it goes.  Be gone cold, be gone! 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning, girls! Welcome, Lisa Marie!

Did not run this morning, 30 min. elliptical, 30 min. bike. Want to take it easy as I recover from the  10K.

It was 26* here this morning. Youch! That's cold.

Linda, I can't see your log.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Good morning!

I'll be running my one mile for the streak later.

Run Like a Mother

Hi everyone!  I am doing C25K (again) and did my W6/D2 this morning for about 2 miles on the rail trail.

Linda, yes, I can see your log but not your forum profile.

Linda

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

So I did 19. Best 19 in ages. No stops for anything. Warmed a lot during the run. 38 when I left 55 when I finished. Amy it didn't get below 32 here and doesn't look like we got much frost. Linda hope the 8 went well Cindy enjoy the streak. I'm doing one too. Figure I don't feel much different if I take a rest day so I'll just wait for my body to say I need one. Welcome Lisa! We will be in the 60's here. I'm in Charleston SC. Steph I'm beyond slow and I do realize no one cares how fast I go so I just go out and run what I can. LindaJM welcome to you too. C25k is a great program.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sorry my post is all scrunched up. I need to switch to a different browser and see if I can fix it.

Marjorie

RunningSister

Favorite Sister of All!

Hi! Good to see you here on RA! I got so frustrated with the spam that I just stopped posting. I log on this site so I am here almost everyday ! Marjorie: WTG on the mileage! Brrrr! THM: loved your 10k running pants! Great colors. Nice that you are recovering! Hi to everyone else-sorry this is so short but we r traveling home and I'm using my phone:-0 Had a great time with my brothers at the Philly marathon. Happy that we all finished!!! Ran the 4-mile Gobble Gobble on Thanksgiving with most of the family. Legs felt better than expected. My younger brother just got married and it was a whirlwind of a weekend. Training for the Disney marathon now which fast approaches I will check back with you all once we get back home later today Keep Running! Julia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Keep Running! Cross the finish line! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

For whatever reason, I can't post from my laptop but can from my desktop. I'll have to figure that out.

Headed out in a few minutes to run 3.1 miles. I don't usually run on Sunday, but I'm helping out a friend. She runs a youth running program, and their target 5K is next weekend. The kids are doing a run-through of the course today, and she likes to have extra adults to run with them for crossing streets, making sure no one gets lost, etc. I figure I can manage an easy 3.

Marjorie - glad the long run went so well.

Amy - it was very chilly here this morning too! BTW, I am registered for the Tar Heel 10-Miler.

Julia - good to hear from you! I saw on FB that you were at a wedding this weekend.

Lisa Marie - welcome! Remember this - no matter what, you're guaranteed a personal best in your first 5K.

Steph - take it easy with the cold! It can really make you feel wiped out.

Linda - hope you got the run in before church.

Cindy - I thought about doing the streak, but I tend to wind up injured if I don't take some days off.

LindaJM - when is your 5K?

Off to get changed into running gear. Have a great day everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Linda

Steph:  Not only does no one really care, but most people wouldn't know a fast time from a slow time.  They stopped listening after they told you that they only time they run is when someone is chasing them.

stealth:  goodluck on the streak!!

Cindy:  8 miles of HILLS--good workout, though

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Greetings all!   

Today was a WT day.  It felt good to get back into the gym.  I had given my body a break last week since I was running two races.  

Lisa Marie - Welcome!  I'm new at this too.  My first official 5K was in October.  I wish you the best in your first.  I know how it can be both exciting and anxiety producing!   

Linda - Cool chart.  I'm super glad that it is YOU running those hills, though! 

Marjorie -  19 Rocks!   And 55 degrees sounds like a little bit o' heaven to me right now! 

Steph - I agree on the "be gone cold."  Brrrrr!  (maybe Lisa Marie can send some warm air?)

Amy - "Elderly Deadhead" ... ROFL  crack me up.  I was SO hoping there was an appropriate smilie for that!

Lindajm - Woo hooo on the C25K.   That's how I did it.   I have several friends that are in week 6 now, too! 

Julia - Keep us post on the Disney Marathon.  That sounds like an awesome race!

Cindy - It's great that you're helping a youth program.  I hope it went well!

I need to figure out another goal to shoot for to keep me motivated.  Should I work on distance or speed?  Both?   I don't have an official race until February at the Florida Warrior Dash.  I may try to do the Frostbite 5K for New Year's Eve  -->   Sad (that's my blue, frozen face in the cold!) 

Be well!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

PS:   The Warrior Dash is having a Cyber Monday Sale.   ALL of their races will be $35 on Monday only.   This is really cheap for a Warrior Dash.

Warrior Dash Cyber Monday

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Disney freak

Wow, thanks for the great welcome.  Cindy, I really like what  you said about "guaranteed a personal best."  That's awesome.  It'll keep me going during my race.

Can y'all help me?  I'm trying to enter all my data from my first 6 weeks of running and I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

My training program is Couch to 10K, and so far it's been like this:

• 5 min walking warm up
                                • a series of running, walking at different ratios each week (always ends with a run)
                                • 5 min walking cool down

Today it was run 1/2 mile, walk 340 yards (5 sets, ending with a run)

Did I enter it in the log correctly?

I didn't enter in the 5 minute warm up and cool down walk.  Should I?  And what is the difference between interval, recovery and rest?

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
                                • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
                                • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
                                • training for Big D half on 4/14