Womens Running

NACHO Wednesdays! (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Nacho Day! If I could eat nachos everyday and not gain any weight, I would. LOVE nachos!! Never eat them though because I will have 0 self control.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.5 for me this morning. I did 3x 1600m.

Good run. I really do not like the temperatures being between 45-55 - its hard to decide what to wear! Long sleeves get too hot. Hands are cold some of the run, put gloves on, then they get hot. Short sleeves are too cold. WTH. Annoying. Smile Anyway, good run regardless. Wasn't sure how I was going to do on the intervals but the last 2 were in the 8's. I will take that! My stamina could have been better though..thinking I am going to aim for 9:40 and below for the marathon. We have a snow chance next week so its looking COLLLDDD! Smile Smile

DMV license updated. It was pretty easy yesterday! Then HCDH and I went to the bank and got that all sorted out and opened up a joint account (insert anxiety). Started the process with changing my name at work. I had to email a copy of the social security receipt to them. I am hoping it is just that easy??? We will see.

BACK to work today. Super sad everything is officially over. Life goes too fast. My working style is to move quick to get things done - have to remind myself that 3 weeks worth of work is going to take a while to catch up on!

Sandy – Everytime you mention Mernards I think of my dad. He always used to talk about that place! We don’t have those around here. SCORE on the bedroom door. Are you buying new furniture or anything when you move? I always say I am going to do that when I move. Can’t believe its coming up so quick!!

Karen – Hope the group run went well last night! Okay, glad I am not alone in my want to not see humans while running. Dogs are ok though. I am going to check on the lima bean day. LOL.

Lisa – I don’t know how you resist the Krispy Kreme! WOOHOO for the 100m!!!

Docket – OMG on your leg!! How was it running last night – if you ran 😊. I LOVE your condo!!! That is a great price, too. You should be able to sell quickly!

Lori – I am so sorry about the injury. I have been injured and had to watch my friends run, it sucks. ☹ I loved your gym set up on Strava, though! That is exactly what I did when I was injured – everything but running!

Cathy – Thinking about you!! XOXO. Hang in there.

Carol – You are in Florida?! Lucky you! Hope that hamstring continues to feel better!

Judy – I had to google Bismarks 😊. They look yummy! To be honest, I am not a fan of warm doughnuts. I like them cold 😊. Nice job on the TM run!!

Run4kupcakes – Glad to hear FIL is improving.

Tessa – Nice miles yesterday! Interesting about the car. Happens a lot in my neighborhood.

Margaret – YEAH FOR TACO TUESDAY!!!! 😊

Happy Wednesday!

Seloc

I LOVE nachos!  And, eat them alllllllllllllll the time.  With beer.    4 and a half early miles in the freakin SNOW this morning.  And, it's still snowing.  Accidents everywhere.  I'm WFH and won't leave the house.  Ha!

Karen - gonna have to agree with Cathy - winter coat is not enough for DH, he needs a parka!!  haha.  Hope today's snow doesn't snarl his travel.

Lisa - the early morning bakery smells are kinda fun.  They make donuts at the grocery store we meet at so I get it!  Hooray for Woodstock being a bird LOL  Always impressed with your advanced planning.  Hooray for yoga!

Damaris - ouch on the leg!  Love your house!  It's always interesting to me how different real estate is across the country.  The price seems EXTREMELY reasonable compared to here yet your HOA are MUCH higher than I would think.  Though you do have a LOT of amenities.  Hope it goes quick!  If not for the $$ but just for peace of mind.

Lori - oh wow, that stinks.  How painful is it?  Like Lisa mentioned that does seem extreme as far as time off.  How long have you been battling it?  Hang in there and hope you find some fun XT activities!!

Hi Cathy!!  Your post cracked me up.  Hey, you are RIGHT!  This nasty weather now surely means a warmer January - let's go with it!!  And, I laughed at your comment to Karen that her DH needs a parka haha.  SO TRUE.  I need to dig mine out.  When does marathon training officially start?  Or, maybe it has?

Carol - oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnn super jelly over here you are in FL!!  But, yeah, that'll be a rude awakening coming back north.  Glad the hammie is improving!  Oh, IDK, I like to think I can play handyman girl but ugh.  FAIL yesterday but it should be temporary.  I feel so stupid.  I could NOT get the joint compound out of the tube.  Well, turns out, you need to poke a hole down the front after cutting it open and putting it in the calking gun.  DUH!  Will attempt that today but it technically is too cold for this.  Not sure.

HCK - glad FIL is improving!  Attached garages are super nice for staying out of the elements but I think I'm also going to miss just walking out there in my pajamas or whatever to toss the trash and recyclables.  Now I will have to walk all the way to the garage!  GASP!  haha

Tessa - yikes on the abandoned car.  That would kinda creep me out.

Margaret - Tacos and beer mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  i could go for a good taco!!

Liz - nice mile repeats.  Oh man, 45-55 is my FAVORITE running weather!  Can you push the sleeves up on your long sleeves?  Wait, you don't like things on your elbows or something, right?  Glad the DMV was painless yesterday.  Oh oh, sorry for the anxiety over the joint account.  Does that mean you gave up yours completely?  No WAY I could do that.  I mean, I'd be all for a joint account but I would need to keep my own as well.  I always call Menards the Man Store.  You can buy absolutely EVERYTHING there - including food.  Nope, not planning on buying ANY new furniture when I move.  Certainly not right away.  Will probably add things after a bit - after I recover financially haha.

Later, peeps!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I didn't run last night but will do so tonight.  We got some furniture last night delivered (from our weekend excursions) and I love them.  We still need a formal dining room, but the one we had chosen was only the floor sample and we couldn't get it delivered so we can wait and choose something else.

I love this bar table:

We bought a bunch of tables (these are only 2 of 5):

And a sectional for the fireplace. The cats love it:

So, my Indy realtor had mentioned several times that she had a "guy" realtor in Miami who could help me sell my home there.  I was like yeah, whatever, we need to fix it before we can post it for sale anyway.  Never called the guy and we hired my friend realtor.  The Indy realtor texted me two days ago oh, how are you doing, etc. hope everything is going well, did you call my friend in Miami? And I was like no, we have a realtor and it's posted for sale.  She texted Sad I had a referral agreement with him.  OK...  Yesterday SHE FUCKING CALLED MY REALTOR demanding a 25% referral fee owed to her.  My friend asked her for the referral agreement signed by me stating that.  We are still waiting. WTF.  This is why I don't trust people; they are all crooks.  There never was an agreement for her to sell my Miami home nor anyone working with her.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love nachos!

Liz, nice run.

Sandy, yeah.  The maintenance is expensive even for Miami but with all the hurricanes that came after we moved it went up from $360 to $600 because of damage.  But it includes the roof tiles and that's major.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Morning! Running rest day here. Think I'll do a kettlebell workout. I may also attempt walking both dogs at once out front. I had an awesome night of sleep. Went to bed before 10, got up briefly when DH got up for his early flight and let the dogs out, then slept until almost 8 am.

Nachos? Yes, of course.

Lori, I'm sorry about the long running hiatus. Can you get a second opinion? Or is this a second opinion? PF is such a weird thing. I feel like nothing really works for it, it just eventually goes away, so everyone thinks the last thing they tried is what fixed it for them. When I had it I threw everything at it. The stretching, the sock, the rolling, the inserts, massage, you name it. Eventually I started taking ibuprofen before every run (I know, you're not supposed to do that), and it was like running without having to alter my gait finally got it to go away. Or it was just the last thing I tried and it eventually went away on its own. Anyway, I'm sorry, I feel your pain. I was out for a good bit of 2014 with it and it sucked.

Lisa, congrats on the Woodstock signup. I get it, unfinished business and all.

Cathy, I know you've got a lot going on right now. You'll get through it and come out the other side smiling. I do not think DH took a parka. I don't think he was even going to take a coat to Colorado until I told him to. I'm sure he'll get hit with a blast of cold when he leaves the airport this morning!

Sandy, I love Menards. My parents get all kinds of stuff there, including weird food items they can't find anywhere else. The Ace Hardware in Pagosa kind of reminds me of it, they sold everything there.

Damaris, the furniture is awesome. The purple leg not so much.

Liz, yay on getting all your name change stuff done. Hopefully you will not have as many problems as Susan did getting the change made at work! Man, that's my favorite running temperature. Depending on how I'm feeling and how hard I'm running, I have so many different options on what to wear! It does seem to be the most confusing temps for the baby runners though. A couple weeks ago it was mid 40s and they told me I needed to start posting what I was going to wear for guidance.

Carol, hope you are having a wonderful time in FL!

My goal was to get a ton of cleaning and organizing done these next couple days with DH out of the way. So far I have done nothing but mess around on the internet. I guess I better go do something. I haven't seen my motivation for awhile though.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Back to yesterday, I love donuts!  Bavarian Creme filled - WITHOUT chocolate on top,  There is actually a fab donut shop here who makes them that way.  And I must say, the donuts at the cider mill in MI aint too shabby.

Nachos, love them too, though I don't get or make them that often.

Lizzie, bummer you are back to work.  You certainly were speedy getting on top of the name change and stuff!!!!

Sandy, snow??  Blech.  Moving this weekend!!!  Sweet.

Damaris, that is crazy about the Indy realtor.

Karen, nice sleep!!!  I did well too last night.  Besides falling asleep on the couch at first.

Lori, what a bummer about your foot and ban from running.  Sadness.

I got some info on our Israel/Jordan trip - FINALLY.  The travel woman is really dragging her feet on this one.  Thinking of tacking a few days onto the end and sit on the beach in Tel Aviv after. if it is beach weather that is.  No idea.

So, not sure what to do about work.  I committed when I signed on last year for Sun-Wed because I am gone so much for races.  So they want to switch me to Thurs-Sat.  Prime race days.  They are willing to concede to my time off, but DAMN, it is a ton. Six full weekends for races, six full weekends for my two trips...  That is TWELVE clumps of Thur-Sat off.....  She gave me a minimum they are willing to pay, she said there can be more.  I don't want to make less than I am now, but do I go for the gold and "demand" what I want knowing I won't be there a ton.  Do I take/ask for less because of my time off?  Do I be upfront and tell them EXACTLY how many days I need off or do I just say screw it?  I already told them I have a lot of days I need off, but not specifics.  These aren't days I particularly want to work and don't care for the hours.  They know this.  That plays into compensation for me.  I don't like negotiating.  I can also pick either a guaranteed salary or production.

OK, should boogie into the shower and head to work shortly.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

I just walked 140+ pounds of dog to the mailbox and back (a little over a tenth of a mile each way)! We stopped at both fire hydrants we passed, and Huckles nearly peed on Riley's head at one of them, but other than that, they just walked along like good dogs! Huckles is much better at sitting when we stop, Riley stops but doesn't want to sit. But they both did "wait" before going out the front door and let me go out first, and they both sat while I got the mail out of the box. I am so proud of my little buddies!!!

Kathryn, if it were me, I think I'd go in and say look, these are all the weekends I'm going to need off. I still need to pay my mortgage, food, etc. So if you want me to switch days, we need to work out a schedule where I get these days off and am still paid what I need to live comfortably. That's just my thoughts though, others may have better ones.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kat, maybe ask for more $ to compensate for the extra days back to back?  Be frank with them (unless you are desperate to get hired by them) and feel free to negotiate that and/or ask for more flexibility.

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

4 Mi on the TM this morning, I was not as brave as Sandy to get out in the snow in the dark.    It's slowing down now, not as much as they originally predicted.  I guess that's a plus.  Younger DD's birthday is tomorrow.  She wants to eat at Olive Garden.  I also love nachos!  Now that they have been mentioned, I will need to have them this weekend.  

Liz, nice run!  Those are awesome running temps.  Do you have arm sleeves?  I have some but never think to use them.  I normally just wear long sleeves and end up pulling them up.    I think 9:40 or below is a very reasonable goal for you!  That is nice that you are getting things changed so quickly!  I smile when I see that I have a message from Liz Peacock.    I was just at Menards a few days ago!

Sandy, nachos and Corona.    Nice running in the snow!  There were 2 accidents outside my office building this morning on the expressway.  Gave me something to look at.  I'm kinda marathon training.  Just building up miles now and preparing for some shorter races in the next few months!  And just surviving winter.    The Menards here was rebuilt recently.  It's really nice.  It's got those ramps that look like gian treadmills for your shopping cart.  They do have an interesting mix of stuff!

Damaris, nice furniture!  The sectional looks really nice and comfy.  WTF is right, your Indy realtor totally overstepped.

Karen, yay for Huckles and Riley!  Haha, I was just at Ace Hardware also, got some really good pretzels and black cherry soda.    People everywhere seemed to get confused when the temps drop a bit... a lot of overreacting, people wearing jackets and such.  

Kat, I would agree with Karen and Damaris about being upfront.  They hired you knowing your preferences.  Good luck.  

Margaret, taco Tuesday is the best.  

Lisa, painful sounding race names.  LOL.  

Kupcakes, glad FIL is better.  Hope he continues to improve.

Carol, ooh, enjoy your trip!

Lori, ouch on the PF.  It's the devil.  I've battled it twice and I know several people that have problems with it now.  One where it got worse and became a stress fracture and now possibly an avulsion fracture.  Mine was related to tight calves so I make sure to do a lot of work on them to fend off the PF.  Hill work also really bothers my calves and causes heel pain so I've started minimizing that as well. 

Cathy

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Like Sandy, I love nachos and beer.

6 mile walk today with a couple trips up a staircase while hubby was using a bathroom break. Probably farther than I'm supposed to but it was very slow because it was with hubby and he's not allowed to walk fast until his concussion syndrome is totally gone (that surprised me that they say brisk walking can cause him setbacks but he doesn't want to take any chances) so I played loose with the rules and went further. It took all my willpower not to run especially as I rolled my eyes at the slow walking pace.  I opted not to do the arm workouts because I didn't feel like them. I will promise to do them tomorrow.

Damaris I don't trust any salespeople either. Nor most people in general which is probably why I'm so introverted.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Work is crazy of course. I got SO MUCH done though. More than I thought I would - but of course had 2 big emergencies today! Welcome back Mrs Peacock! Wink

Sandy – Do you make the nachos with the shredded cheese in the microwave?! 😊 I love those! Yikes, sorry about the snow! At least you are able to WFH! Yes, pet peeve about sleeves on my elbows haha. Maybe I can find some half sleeved shirts that don’t quite hit the elbow? Or maybe a different material. Did NOT give up my account completely. We opened a joint account for things we split 50/50 – mortgage, groceries, electric, Ruger, etc. Easier to have joint account rather than us writing each other checks all the time. We will put a certain amount in there monthly or each paycheck that we can “share” but also save our own personal accounts for our own spending. I need to have my own money! 😊.

Docket – LOVVEE the furniture! That is the kind of couch that I want! Looks super cozy! WTF on the referral agreement!!! Shouldn’t you have been made aware of that?! Wow I would be pissed. Sounds like something my mom would do (she does real estate part time). LOL.

Karen – DH left for work – does this mean the Christmas lights are on? Maybe I should just text you and ask what I should wear!!! 😊 AWW yay for the pups!!! 😊

Kathryn – Ugh. That is quite the dilemma. If it were me, I would tell them my resonating why I had requested the Sun-Wed schedule and if they could still work with the race schedule and pay you enough to live comfortably, then fine! Or…since those races are already planned, could you work the Sun-Wed shift those weeks but still get paid the NEW rate for those days. Does that make sense? They are coming to you for a change, don’t be afraid to make demands 😊.

Cathy – Nice TM miles! I guess it is TM season, huh? 😊 Yay for not as much snow! 😊 Olive Garden!!! She is too cute. I am craving nachos now as well, hehe. Hmm, maybe I should try the arms sleeves! That is actually not a bad idea.

Have a great evening! Still have to get a few things done before I log off!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, yes, I like Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They are my favorite. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles on the treadmill. I am ready to fall asleep, this time change is kicking my ass.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

MyMomRuns, yes, I like Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They are my favorite. 

Mine too!

Damaris