Womens Running

Wednesday (dailies) (Read 12 times)

Kilmisters

Heyooo!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

So, doing second Z1-Z2-Z1 run today, let's see how it goes, probably not fun because... It's really hot outside for our standards so I have been sitting inside, except for few minutes of watering peppers.

Damaris, that cat seems to be not really forward thinking when it comes to consequences. Also, the entire pilates thing seems to be very tricky for someone who potentially wouldn't 100% know what he/she is doing - quick way of injury?

Lori, thanks - I hope so too.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Howdy!

Nice to see you Elina.

Today I have 6 run/walk then 3 walk on the books.  A GF is joining me!  YAY.

I'm off today to Friday.  Another YAY.  I'm so burnt out at work.  Not just this place, just in general.  I think many of us are feeling the same.  After my miles, I need to mow the front (another nasty-gram and it isn't even long...)  Ugh, I hate HOA's.  Despise them.  Then I need to take the beasts to work, two need vaccines and one needs bloodwork for a dental procedure coming up.

10 days till my night race and less than 7 weeks till the big 'un.  Petrified.

Have a good hump day.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Kat, how long is the night race and what time's the start? I misread your post as ''need to take the breasts to work'' and paused for a bit, haha

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

RD for me. I have a headache from the smoke and AQs.

Elina, Pilates is done in class and with an instructor. And before you are allowed to join a class they do 3-4 one on one sessions so you don't end up hurting yourself or hurling yourself up in the air, lol.

Kat, great job!

Damaris

Kilmisters

RD for me. I have a headache from the smoke and AQs.

Elina, Pilates is done in class and with an instructor. And before you are allowed to join a class they do 3-4 one on one sessions so you don't end up hurting yourself or hurling yourself up in the air, lol.

Kat, great job!

Sounds like smth that I could achieve on a Monday morning quite easily haha.

I hope you feel better soon, the reports re: smoke are crazy. But no climate change, right?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope, cause it does not exist. In any event, we will all be dead soon for getting the vaccines. Or so the idiots say. 

Damaris

Howdy!  3.5 bright and early miles with Scamp this morning.  That silly armadillo ran right in front of us again!

Ugh.... went for a check up yesterday. Ended up with an EKG and a scheduled cardio consult.  Low heart rate --possible blockage???  I hope I don't explode before I get it checked out.   I went for a run anyway. I've always had a lower heart rate, which I attributed to running. Yesterday was 45-50. At least my bp was good.

Later y'all!!

Anonymous Guest

I forgot to post yesterday. I ran 4 with 8x400. Today is a rest day. So far it's involved vacuuming dog fur and grocery shopping.

Susan, I had to take DH for a cardiac CT scan yesterday (he has been getting some chest pains again, but they get better after working out, and his EKG was fine, so doctors having trouble figuring out the issue). They skipped some of the "normal" tests like a stress test because older athletes perform better than most and therefore problems can be missed. He had one doctor telling him not to exercise leading up to this and another telling him to keep riding, just not to do any hard efforts. Guessing your low heart rate is most likely from all the running and cycling, but because the general population is in such crappy shape, they want to do some testing to make sure. Most likely your HR/resutls are "abnormal" because you're healthy, but they need to make sure.

Elina, good to see you checking in again. That reminds me, I got exactly zero answers in my coach fb group about plans......good to see you found someone to work with.

Kathryn, the thought of going into work and dealing with people and having to be somewhere for long stretches of time on a schedule - just yuck. I can understand being burned out. Yes, for those of us that weren't paying attention, when, what and where is this night race?

Damaris, the cat pilates picture made me laugh. Dogs make any kind of workout on the floor impossible, but at least they'd stay off a pilates apparatus! The pic also reminded me I'm jealous of your in home Pilates setup.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Howdy!  3.5 bright and early miles with Scamp this morning.  That silly armadillo ran right in front of us again!

Ugh.... went for a check up yesterday. Ended up with an EKG and a scheduled cardio consult.  Low heart rate --possible blockage???  I hope I don't explode before I get it checked out.   I went for a run anyway. I've always had a lower heart rate, which I attributed to running. Yesterday was 45-50. At least my bp was good.

Later y'all!!

45-50bpms is not low enough to warrant a checkup, especially for runners. Mine is normally 45-50!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I forgot to post yesterday. I ran 4 with 8x400. Today is a rest day. So far it's involved vacuuming dog fur and grocery shopping.

Susan, I had to take DH for a cardiac CT scan yesterday (he has been getting some chest pains again, but they get better after working out, and his EKG was fine, so doctors having trouble figuring out the issue). They skipped some of the "normal" tests like a stress test because older athletes perform better than most and therefore problems can be missed. He had one doctor telling him not to exercise leading up to this and another telling him to keep riding, just not to do any hard efforts. Guessing your low heart rate is most likely from all the running and cycling, but because the general population is in such crappy shape, they want to do some testing to make sure. Most likely your HR/resutls are "abnormal" because you're healthy, but they need to make sure.

Elina, good to see you checking in again. That reminds me, I got exactly zero answers in my coach fb group about plans......good to see you found someone to work with.

Kathryn, the thought of going into work and dealing with people and having to be somewhere for long stretches of time on a schedule - just yuck. I can understand being burned out. Yes, for those of us that weren't paying attention, when, what and where is this night race?

Damaris, the cat pilates picture made me laugh. Dogs make any kind of workout on the floor impossible, but at least they'd stay off a pilates apparatus! The pic also reminded me I'm jealous of your in home Pilates setup.

You can always come for a visit! Big grin

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Very smokey here, so stuck to the treadmill. 5 miles this morning and strength training after work. I haven't seen if people threw tantrums since the weather forecasters were saying to wear a mask (ideally N95) if you went outside.

Kilmisters, watering my veggies and getting the mial is going ot be the extent of my outdoor activities.

KatS, I am one of the weirdos that likes their job, but DH is really unhappy in his.

Docket, hope you AQ gets better. Here I don;'t think we get relief until the weekend.

AnonymousGuest, I'm guessing 2 big labs in the summer generate a lot of dog hair on everything.

CrazySue, yikes on all the testing. Do you wear a smart watch? I know they are not medical grade, but I'm thinking this may be one of the times that showing the data to the medical folks might help.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, breasts is awesome.  But yes, I do try to take them to work as a rule...  Hope your run went well.  How hot is hot for you guys?

Damaris, hope the AQ improves.  Lisa sent a photo of her daughter from NYC, scary.

Sue, that's scary, even being a runner.  Better to know and find it normal and not worry.  Crazy armadillo.  I saw a family of 4 a few weeks ago.

Karen, agree with you on people and schedule.  I have a hard enough time on my training schedule, work is such an annoyance...

Kathi, that is awesome you like your job.  I never have, but really hate it now.

Karen/Elina, my night race is a 50K about 30 min from the house.  It starts at 8pm and has a 9-9.5 hour cutoff.  Short for me if the footing is rocky, which I think some is.  I am terrified of rattlesnakes.  Karen, it is Fire Trail Running Festival in Spring Branch.  It is in the Guadalupe River State Park.  If you have any interest in joining there are a few spots left...  Just sayin'.

Got a frustrating 9 in today.  I had 5-6 run/walk and 3 walk scheduled.  I forgot to eat breakfast and hope that was why I had a weak run portion, I made it 5.25mi.  I had a frustrating, but semi-decent paced 3.75mi walk of shame back to the car considering how bad it felt.  BUT, I got the miles in.  I had a friend with me which was FAB!  We (I) talked races and Badger nearly the entire time.  I felt really really bad, the convo centered on me.

After the run I took two of the pups in and then actually mowed.  I don't know if people complained, I don't see why this time, it wasn't really bad, and I've been bad in the past...  At least it's done.  Now in my PJs with a movie on and wine in hand.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024