75th anniversary of D-Day.

Post 'em.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Saw a FB video (where else...) of a 97 yr old veteran sky diving (in tandem) over Normandy where he landed 75 yrs ago.

Up far far too early for Jury Duty.  Thundering out which aggravated the old dog, so I got up.

It is supposed to get to 100 here Sat/Sun, ugh.

Don't really have much to share.  Glad the work week is over.  Kinda liking the new schedule, though Ii miss more time in the mornings. Been super busy at work, but nothing bad at least.

Happy Thursday.

K

Bikerchick1

Kat - You are up early!!!!  Hope jury duty goes by quickly.  Ugh, on the 100 degrees weather...I can’t even imagine.

Lori - Oh, I’m so sorry about the advice to cut your running down.

Karen - That cottage is gorgeous!!!

Hi to all!

7 miles yesterday for Global running day.

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Body Pump for me this morning. Running rest day.

I am liking the Thursday Body Pump class opposed to the Sunday one. I like being able to have the entire day off Sunday. Plus the instructor is better on the Thursday class. Great class but now I am jello Smile

Glad I wasn't running this morning - 72 degrees and the dewpoint was around 70. Going to be SUPER humid the next couple of days. Luckily rain is predicted around run time tomorrow morning - I love a Summer rainy run!

Have a long to do list today. Meeting with a builder around lunch time..interested to see how that goes.

Lori – Oh no!! I hope everything is okay?!?!

Karen – You did have a busy day yesterday! I LOVE that idea about the tiny house! The place you are staying really isn’t all that “tiny” to me. I was expecting like, a one room house – ha. What a great idea!!! I can’t wait to hear how this goes!

Docket – Well, they are calling references which is a VERY positive sign!! Is your DH ready to move?! 😉

Margaret – Congratulations on a fantastic 100K! I didn’t realize this was your first. What an amazing experience. You went through all sorts of weather elements! 😊 The pictures are beautiful. Sorry that your work week back has sucked, but I imagine it would after your kick ass weekend 😊 I hope you are resting and recovering well. Even that toe!

Run4kupcakes – hope you enjoyed the rest day! You are absolutely right about us runners not realizing that we really do more than the recommended exercise! Thanks for the reminder.

Laura – Nice running out there !

Kathryn – Good luck at jury duty! I hope it is at least something interesting. 😊 Going to be hot here this weekend as well! Well, more humid.

Hi Carol!! Are you feeling ready for the race yet?! 😊

Have a great day everyone! I feel like it should be Friday Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

3 miles, dragging this morning.  So glad it is my "Friday"!

Kat - ugh on the jury duty, are you on a jury or are you going to see if you end up sitting?

Lizzie - Nice run and I am jealous of your Body Pump!

Hi Carol!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  My back/hip are sore today, likely from my run yesterday.  Hoping my massage therapist does not cancel on me tonight, because I sure need the adjustment and relief.  I might do kickboxing tonight.

Kat, I saw that!  I want to be him when I grow up.  Good luck with jury duty.

Carol, nice 7.

Liz, ha he was packing some books last weekend.  LOL.  Nice job at body pump.

Laura, nice 3.  It's my Friday as well.  yay us.

Damaris

Howdy!

Had a nice day w DH yesterday.  He sails again today.  Sad  He was home for almost 36 hours.

Tomorrow I'm driving to Texas to see family.  Wish me luck.  I hope the truck is up to it!!

Hoping to run on Saturday.

Smile

Seloc

I saw the vid of the 97 yo skydiving, too!!  Nope, don’t wanna be him – no reason to live THAT long LOL

5 slowwwwwww mo miles yesterday, 5 with the fast girls this morning.  Guess that’s the default distance!  Longest week ever being trapped indoors longingly looking outside at the lovely weather.  Instead I’m stuck in this nasty office freezing my booty off with the A/C.  Sigh.

Kat – good luck with Jury Duty!  I’m excited to follow if you get put on a case.  100* is a touch a warm, I’ll say that.

Carol – how’s the taper going?  You feeling ready?

Liz – nice you can adjust your schedule for the good Body Pump and still manage a complete rest day.  Still trying to figure out how I can accomplish similar.  RIPPED is not enough strength for me.  Body Blast (the non-TM version of Body Pump) is only offered in the evenings.  I just cannot get myself there then.  Sorry for your dreaded humidity.  Hope you get your rain tomorrow!  Glad to hear HCFs heart is doing so well.  Sorry for all the wedding to dos.  Exciting about building!

Laura / Damaris – sending evil eye look at you both for it being your Friday hee hee.  Seriously, though, ENJOY!

Sue – re: Jeopardy from the other day…  I, too, thought maybe James was just tired of playing and kind of “threw” the game.  But, reading yesterday turns out he wouldn’t have one even if he had bet it all.  That librarian chic is kinda funny.  I would put her at 50 yrs old and she’s only in her late 20s!  Awww glad you had nice day with DH.  Safe travels to TX!

Cathy – EXACTLY about the dogs.  I don’t care if they are friendly if they are jumping on me!  Awwww, hope DDs grad ceremony went well.  And the “bucket drums” weren’t too painful LOL.  Freakin awesome speedwork, speedy girl!!  DD could totally come and sleep in if she wants to stay at my house.  With Leo the kit kat haha.  Or, she could sleep in the Jeep for a bit while we are running.  Whatever you guys want to do!  Oh, I finished the Astonishing Color of After and started on I Liked My Life (I think that one came from Karen).  OMG, two books with dead mothers and suicide.  I DEFINITELY need something a little more light-hearted next!  Awwww on the baby kit kat – hope it is doing well!

Karen – dang that place in OR looks awesome!  Perhaps a reason to delay the PDX marathon haha.  Fun little trip no matter what you decide.

Lori – oh no!  Hope everything is okay.  I’m SO SORRY the running is being dialed back.  NOT FUN when it is not your decision.  Hang in there.

Margaret – beast!  You are freakin awesome!  Wow, just wow.  Loved your RR.  Sorry work is being a PITA.  Always a letdown after an awesome weekend.  Hope your toe is feeling better!

Ready for the weekend!

Anonymous Guest

7 for me this morning. I was originally thinking 12, get my long run out of the way, but I didn't get out the door until 7:45. Realized we start Saturday and 7 and I can probably get there early and run a few miles before that, so that seems like a much better day for a longer run.

Lori, I am so sorry you have to scale way back on the running. Is this a temporary thing at least, or for a long time?

Margaret, you are welcome in OR if we end up getting a place. I did google racing and running in the area and noticed Siskiyou and Back - thought that was one you were considering at some point. We are looking at some one bedroom places though, so will have to get a comfortable couch or you might end up sleeping in the van! Oooh, race report! Heading over to read that next.

Kat, hope jury duty is not too bad.

Liz, exciting on meeting with the builder!! And yes, the one we're staying in is "big" - ones we're looking at are more like 400 square feet, one bedroom places. I guess still not technically a tiny house, but it is by Texas standards!

Laura, awesome you've been getting up earlier and getting your runs in. All the daylight in the summer is really nice.

Carol, nice 7 yesterday. I'm forgetting the timing of Grandmas, are you tapering yet?

Damaris, get yourself adjusted!

Susan, safe travels to TX. Bummer DH had to turn right around and go back out.

Sandy, nice 5 and 5! Ha on the book choices, you could always follow all the suicides with my latest recommendation where the main characters are serial killers....you may stop listening to me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

6 miles this morning, humidity dropped and it was in the 50's so it was very pleasant.  I managed to avoid a skunk crossing the road.    The 5th grade graduation ceremony for DD was nice, they had to return the drums so it was just the kids singing.  That was fine.    They had a slideshow with pics of the kids as babies, in kindergarten, and a current pic.  That was cute!  Funny how you could recognize some of the kids as babies!

Kat, I will have to look for that video!  Enjoy jury duty.  As much as it can be enjoyed.  

Hi Carol!  Hope you are doing well.

Liz, happy rest day!  I won't tell you what our weather should be like the next few days...  That is awesome news about HCF!  Haha, the pace function wasn't horrible.  I knew it would be beeping at me a lot.  But it was as often for running too fast as too slow.  I guess that is acceptable.    Yes, pets are a lot of work.  Older DD has been asking about getting a cat now that she has seen the kitten.  I kind of like not having a pet, walking my friend's dogs is fine.  

Laura, nice running lately!  It is awesome running outside in the mornings again!  Enjoy your "Friday"!  

Damaris, hope your appt with the massage therapist helps!

Sue, good luck travelling!  I'm glad you could spend some time with DH.

Sandy, nice 5's!    I have been sneaking out around lunch time and going outside for a bit.  It is freezing in my office also, I had a heater on.  I will definitely not mention Leo to DD.  Or to older DD, she loves cats more than younger DD.    You would have both of them tagging along!    You are a fast reader!  I am still on Best Friends Forever, it's a good book but I haven't had a lot of time to read!  And I've been going to sleep at about 10:00, which is really late for me!  Not enough sleep!!  I have a book on hold, The Overdue Life of Amy Byler, that's more light-hearted.

Karen, 7 mi is still good.     Wow, that house is really cute!  The location looks really nice.  I bookmarked it, I've never been out there.  Looks like a nice place to drag the kids.  

Kupcakes, I do the intervals on a paved bike path.  It's about a mile long, half of it is pretty flat and the other half is not, though I would not call it hilly by any means!    I agree that keeping interval effort consistent on uphills is important.  I figure if I am within 15ish secs of the goal pace that it is good.  I think that I might get better at targeting that pace if I do more intervals at that pace?  Maybe?  

Margaret, I didn't realize that was your first 100K!  It just seems like you would have done that distance before.    Congrats!  You picked a doozy for your first.  I don't normally use the word doozy, but it's applicable.  

Lori, sorry about the bad news!  I can understand why you are depressed.

Cathy

Bikerchick1

Liz - Forget to say how exciting that HCF’s heart function is normal!  That is amazing and I bet he is very relieved about that!  How fun that you are looking at land and talking to a builder!

Laura - Enjoy your “Friday”!

Damarias - Hope you get your massage.

Crazysue - Hope the drive to Texas goes fine.

Sandy - Nice 5, and repeat 5 miles.   Hoping you “held” on with the fast girls!   Good question on the taper, after my Thursday 20 last week, and then stupidly racing a 5k Saturday, my legs were TIRED....so am enjoying the shorter miles.

Karen - Grandma’s is 6/22 ...so yes started tapering!  Nice 7, and probably a good idea to get the extra miles on Saturday.

Cathy - Sounds like a very nice graduation ceremony for DD!!!  I’m going to have to look up your marathon training plan, I have heard of it, but just not familiar.

SRD for me...

Carol

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Carol, hope you enjoyed your SRD, nice 7 yesterday.

Lizzie, having the whole day to yourself can be super nice and relaxing.  Glad you like the Thursday class better too!

Laura, glad it is your Friday!

Damaris, hope the woman doesn't cancel on you, sorry you're still having issues.

Sue, wow, that was a brief visit with DH.  Have a nice trip down here.  Be safe.

Sandy, I freeze inside too in the a/c.  I wear long sleeves year round.  I get a few looks when I am out and about.

Karen, I have never been to Ashland.  The only thing I know about it is that it has a famous Shakespeare Festival.  Quite a popular destination.

Cathy, 50's, crazy!  We are at 91, feels like100.

WOOT WOOT, got released from jury duty at 10:45am.  Two of the four courts cancelled.  I guess Thursdays are pretty low key there.  Came home and started to watch my DVR guilty pleasure (Bachelorette) and promptly fell asleep on it.    Have a feeling the rest of the day will be on the couch as well.

K

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Meeting with the builder went REALLY well. According to the builder, the home we are looking for on this particular 7 acre lot, is something we can afford. We are WAY early on in the process and still have to go over home plans, finishes and all that jazz..but things are looking really good! Best part is...we start moving now on this, it won't be until probably the beginning of 2020 until we would move in. I didn't want to be moving during wedding time. Anyway, positive meeting! We will see how things progress...

Laura – Lucky you! Thursyay!

Docket – I hope you are able to get your massage!! I had one scheduled this week that I had to cancel. Sad

Susan – Aw, at least you got to spend some time with him before he leaves again. Safe travels this weekend!

Sandy – Nice miles for you the past couple days. No work from home this week? Just took a peek at your weather – JEALOUS. Ugh. Its SO HARD to get to the gym in the evenings. Plus, that is probably around your dinner time. 😉

Karen – Nice miles this morning! Hopefully your weather is better Saturday, too? 😊

Cathy – Nice running for you today. And your WEATHER..UUGGGHHH. Super jealous! Aw, congrats to DD!! 10:00?! That is too late for this Grandma. LOL. Are you up to anything fun this weekend?

Carol – Grandmas will be here before you know it! Enjoy your rest day!

Kathryn – Oh, that is great news about Jury Duty! Do you have to go back? A day on the couch sounds PERFEECCTTTT!!! Never got into The Bachelorette.

HCF is working late again tonight. Just me and my fur baby! Smile Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

7 acres! That sounds amazing.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just realized my hair has been falling for a while.  My pony tail is smaller and I just swept the house and found gazillion red hairs.  I just didn't notice before because I have a shit ton of hair.

Kat, it's a man, a large man I call Hagrid like in Harry Potter.  The only one that can crack my tight back.

Liz, sounds lovely!  Hubby also wants to buy quickly in Indy, even though we would still have this Money Pit townhouse here.  But based on Indy prices, we might be able to get a house and twice as large as this one for less than what we paid for this.

Damaris