Womens Running

(Over 40) wishful weekend (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Wishing everyone a restful weekend. Hard in the season of hustle and bustle

off to run then puppy pool and we take the pups for their annual Santa pictures. Nothing too bad or hard to do today.

Marjorie

Marjorie-enjoy your puppy pool.  I don't get to hustled or bustled into the season then again I never set lofty goals but do aim for doing best I can.  That's as close to "perfect" as I can get. Also tends to keep things somewhat spontaneous because... well you just never quite know what you'll get to.

Last night had 2 coworkers (and 2 of their kids) join us at our favorite old theater to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  One of DD's friends and her mom also came and she had a coworker of hers come along.  Ended up with 10 of us there.  THREE of the adults had never seen the movie and 6 of the group (including kids) had never been to the theater.  All were impressed and laughed out loud quite a bit.  Although my intern called as she was parking and accused me of trying to kill her since the location is not in a great part of town but they do have it secured for the movies and have several hundred in attendance at the movie.  Popcorn and SnoCaps were consumed in a balcony seat as usual... that is about the only thing that I do the same each time.

Had a pizza lunch yesterday for one of my other interns... pizza from a Bangladesh pizza place (not run of the mill for sure) meant Naga sauce pizza(pink pizza), Tandoori chicken pizza, veggie pizza-with eggplant and broccoli, and relatively normal spinach w/feta pizza.  All meat Halal since intern only eats Halal meat.  Who doesn't like a good pizza picture? I know that I like to take them!

About to head out for a trail run then home to carry boxes of decorations up from basement, then off to the Fox Theater tonight since DDs choir is singing backup during the Christmas carol portion of the Kenny Rogers concert.  I missed seeing this last year so will be neat to see her on stage of a iconic theater.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I ran 6 last night and twisted my ankle at the start, sheesh.  Tonight, it's a run with hubby and weights.

Karen, good luck today!

Marjorie, enjoy the pictures!

Lisa, pizza lunch, yum.

Have a great day!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Now puppy pool then around noon Santa pics with the pups.

Lisa I'd think someone was trying to kill me too going to that theater. Parts of Detroit are scary. Sad.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Here are the pups getting ready to go get their Santa pics. They wore the bow ties I made for them

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Delaware is done and I am now half way through the 50 states. Ran the Rehoboth Beach marathon this morning. It was a really good race, the rain held off until after the finish, the post-race party was lots of fun, it was a good day. DH came with and rode his bike for the first time since his surgery. He played leap frog a bit with me, then rode a couple miles next to me while I ran and chatted and kept me company. He thought it was pretty cool that I can run fast enough to keep up with him as he (slowly) rode his bike. And he noticed that I was passing a lot of people (this was around mile 18-20). I ran a good race, pretty even pace, and finished in 4:11:58. Pretty happy with the time since I haven't run more than 10 miles at once since the October marathons.

I have now eaten an entire half of a large pizza.

Gatsby, good luck and have fun at CIM tomorrow!!

Marjorie, oh my gosh, the bow ties! They are so adorable.

Thanks D, it was a good time and a great race.

LIsa, the theater sounds fun. I can't even imagine someone that hasn't seen that movie though!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

10.6 trail miles this morning and the village is up in the front window for the cat to conquer or people to view.

Karen-congrats on marathon #25!

Marjorie-must post those Santa pics! every city has bad parts, that's for sure.  The area that the Redford Theater is in is one that is somewhat transitional. But Grand River still looks a bit seedy.

Damaris-bummer on the ankle, must not be that bad if you continued to run on it.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - The expressions on your doggies faces are priceless - they look like they are saying "seriously, she put bows on us"....adorable!!!  Nice 10.2!

Damarias - HOpe the ankle feels better!

Karen - Great job on your 25th state!!!  Sounds like a great race, how fun that DH went along.

Lisa - Nice trail run!  You have a busy week-end planned!

Had a great 12 miler today with RB's, we did 6 on trails, 6 on rail trail asphalt.  Saw a huge Bald Eagle!  Then have spent my time running to my DB's, changing dressing, then doing his laundry, then off with DD's to look at a couple of places for DD#2's baby shower, then back to DB's to put the sheets back on the bed....geesh, I'm tired now.

Happy Saturday Smile

Quick hello from Sacramento-- here for CIM tomorrow.  Good expo, nice long sleeve tee shirt, weather is fine, meeting some RC friends for dinner a little later. So far so good.  Not one of my 5 RC friends got selected in the Western States lottery today. While I'm sad they won't be running, at least I'll have their help at our aid station.

Marjorie, looking forward to the puppy Xmas pics.  Love the bow ties.

Lisa, neat that your daughter will be on stage.  That's some good looking pizza.

Damaris, hope the ankle is ok.

Karen, nice race today!  Your earned the pizza.

MTA hi BikerChick!  Cross posted

Waves to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

5 very slow easy miles.  Misty day.

karen, congrats on another great race and being half thru!!

cindy, congrats on the half!!

gatsby, good luck tomorrow.

waves to everyone else

I'm still at my mom's.  We have to do something else or I'll be the next one of us with a heart attack.  She's at least pleasant but it's hard to plan anything.  Sis is home feeling better.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Doesn't Quincy look dapper with his bow tie?  I love this pic.  And Hammy ready to go.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Here is Hammy with Santa. They did virtual Santa this year but that is okay. 

Here is Quincy

Marjorie

Ah... the joys of the end of the semester...

Wake up at 6:15, have breakfast then go run with two RB.   Come home and get in a couple of more miles for a total of 9.2.

Shower, have lunch, call my mom as I hadn't talked to her in a while... work on making up exam. Help DS study for his ISS exam, write and post rubric for Report 3 for my class, answer questions from my students, make dinner, work on final exam, help DS study for his chemistry exam, eat dinner, work on chemistry some more, work on final exam,address envelopes for invitations my dad's 90th birthday party, answer some more emails from my students, finish editing exam, write here.

Can I call it a day yet?  Sorry but I think I'll try to do personals tomorrow. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, great job on the race!

Marjorie, awwwww.  They look lovely.

Lisa, nice job on the run.

Carol, nice 12.

Gatsgy, good luck tomorrow!

Camille, nice 5.

Susan, sounds like a busy day.

Ended up running 10 miles with hubby (he runs/walks, so we did that). The foot is achy but otherwise OK.

Damaris

A couple of pics from the lobby of The Fox.

DD is back there with Kenny in front.  Was a neat experience for them as you can imagine to be back stage.  He has had his knee replaced so was very slow in moving around.

My seat was toward middle of floor and off to a side but one of the mom's had a sister in the second row who took these pics.. DD is to the left behind the girl with the black headband.  Linda Davis performed with Kenny and the kids said that she was extremely nice.  Spent a lot of time talking with them.  She did announce that HER daughter who is in Lady Antebellum is expecting a baby (for those of you who are country music fans, I guess).

They had fun backstage looking for signatures by other artists along a stairway.  Were ecstatic over finding those of One Direction from when they performed there 3 years ago. LOL Offhandedly mentioned Mariah Carey, Alicia Keyes, David Letterman, and "the guy from Seinfeld" as in Jerry Seinfeld.  I'm sure that there are even way bigger names that they just didn't even know along the 10 flights of bannister backstage. They showed up 3 hours before the show started so had some "up and down" time.  They sounded great!

Marjorie-love the pics ... just think if you had a BIG dog??  Santa would look in danger!  LOL

Margaret-Good luck at CIM!!! Be careful crossing those international borders.  LOL

Susan-hope you get a day off today!

Damaris-glad foot is okay!

Cathy-no heart attacks for you!  Hang in there and good job on the 5 easy miles!

Carol-cool to see a bald eagle!! on your run.  I did see wild turkey.. and not in a bottle.

Karen-woohoo on the 411.  nice time!  You deserved both halves since you did run a full.

Ginny-how about a cookie update!  I love pics of your house at Christmas too.  Since it's a Victorian it just is a natural for the decor!

Judy-hope you have something good going in the slow-cooker this weekend!

I'm off to the park to run the mountain bike loop then grocery store then Menards then possibly some gift shopping but those decorations in the boxes are not going to put themselves up (where are those darn elves!!??)

Lisa