Womens Running

Wicked Hot WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Send snow.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.2 for me! 9 + SWEATY MILES.

Very hot out there this morning. Trying to keep it slow but its been hard to slow myself down lately. I am also having a hard time finding what my easy pace is in this humidity since I feel better since I am not smoking. Sigh. I will figure out. Run wasn't too bad but didn't feel like getting up this morning.

Posting and running. Heading up to see this fire damage for myself. Going to knock out a "close" inspection while I am up there.

Oh, DRESS. The only part that fits right now is the waist. LOL. The bust is still too big and the straps need adjusted. Also the length. But I guess they order the dress so it fits the waist. Alterations don't start until August. But..OMG. I didn't even recognize myself. I picked the right one 

Happy Wednesday!

Woohoo!! I made it to the gym for body pump class.  The instructor (Lisa) is from my old gym, and we've known each other for years--boys played soccer and daughters cheered together.  She is a much better instructor now--ON TIME and she had it together.  A couple of my running friends were in the class and a co-worker from the lab.  My arms are now jello, but I'm glad I broke through and I need to keep going.

Lizzie--DD's dress had two or three alterations done, which is why you order early.

WFH today.  I have a heavy writing day, so hopefully this will work bc my boss wants to review tomorrow COB.

Damaris--fingers crossed!!!

Lizzie--hot here too and I'm already dreading tomorrow's hot run. No, it will be good.  Smile

Have a great day!!

Anonymous Guest

I had to follow DH to the car place and bring him back home to work while his car is getting work done this morning. Of course there was an early morning accident that shut down the freeway, so that was awful. And I have my CT scan on my lymph node later this morning. I forgot about that when I said I was going to body pump this morning, so I will skip that and maybe get a few hot, sweaty miles in before heading to the doctor. It's already in the 80s, I think the overnight low was around 78, and dew point is 74, so it will most definitely be miserable.

Liz, I am so glad you still love your dress.

Susan, yay on making it to body pump! When I went last Friday, I could still feel it in my arms on Monday. That's how bad out of shape my upper body is!

I read yesterday, but don't remember enough to post about it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

50 degrees this morning, so not so wicked hot here.    It was drizzly also.  A little over 5 miles with 10x15 second strides.  It's the second week of the work step challenge, I've decided not to do any more than necessary for it.    First, I don't believe that some people are being honest, as the step counts are over 25 miles a day for some people.  Speedy co-worker is all in though, and he ran/walked over 93 miles last week!  I know he actually did it too, since he wore his Garmin and logged the 93 miles as TM activities.  He also did additional walking that he didn't log as an actual activity.  Crazy.  I don't think he can keep that up for another 5 weeks however.    I figure that I will just do what I do and maybe some people will tire of keeping up their steps in a few weeks.  

Lizzie, nice running in the heat!  I'm sure that it will be here soon, and it will be instantly 90 and humid.     That is awesome that you are noticing a change from not smoking.  I am sure that you will find your pacing as your mileage increases!    Or your body will complain.    So awesome about your dress!

Sue, congrats on making it to body pump and having a good instructor!

Karen, I hope the CT scan goes well!  I am reading "I Liked My Life" now, I think you suggested it a long time ago.   

Kat, that blister sounds horrible!  Hope it is better today.  I'm glad you are feeling OK otherwise!

Damaris, glad the interview went well!  I am hoping you get the second interview!!

Cathy

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, I am so happy for you about the additional breath support from the decision not to smoke.   The entire body needs and benefits from the additional air. 

45 minutes running on the TM, 5 minutes fast walk, 35 minutes spinning this morning.  
              Lots of storminess around here lately. Some maybe from afternoon on today. Tomorrow as well.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  I was in court most of the morning but it was fun.  I have 7 miles tonight.  Meeting with the new boss (her meeting, not my interview) at 2pm with the whole region (I'll be on the phone).  Also, biting my nails waiting to hear today about the second interview.

Liz, I'll say it: SLOW THE FUCK DOWN. Smile

Susan, nice job with Body Pump.

Karen, good luck with all of that.  Keep us updated with the results.

Cathy, sounds like perfect weather to me...

Judy, nice workouts.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I GOT THE SECOND INTERVIEW FOR FRIDAY!

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - So happy you still felt great about your Dress!!!  You will make a beautiful bride!!!  Also, so great on your not smoking and your runnjng being easier!

Sue - Nice job in bodypump class!!!

Karen - Hope all goes fine with your CT scan.  Bummer on the traffic accident and slowdown,

Cathy - so weird about the step challenge and “inconsistencies “....how do people rack up such miles.. It is cool here too.

Judy - Nice TM. Lies,

Damarias - Yay on the 2nd interview!!!!

just a few for me today, I am doing my 20 tomorrow (the benefits of being mostly retired).  I am signed up for a local 10k on Saturday - Laura is runnjng it, too!  I will not be racing it after doing 20 tomorrow, will be lagging behind Laura like an old dog...LOL...

Carol

Hi to all!!!

Bikerchick1

Judy - I meant TM miles...geez, the IPAD does whatever it wants sometimes......I know your TM miles are not lies...LOL.

Bikerchick1

Sandy - Sounds like a wonderful weekend away!  A Marathon training club/clinic, whatever, sounds like fun!  I was in a marathon training group for a local event several years ago, had a great time, and met some really nice people that I am still friends with!

Yay Damaris!!!  I hope the second interview goes well.

Carol-- y'all rock. Not sure if I can do a marathon anymore.  I haven't run that distance in years. Good luck on your 20 miler.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Nice job making it to the gym today! Oh man. I don’t feel so bad on all the alterations I need then.

Karen – Our weather was very similar! ITS GROSS AND I HATE IT. I hope the CT scan went well. Let us know!

Cathy – I hate you and your 50 degrees. 😉 Nice miles with some speed! Some people have 25 miles?! LIES. How the HECK does speedy co-worker run/walk 93 miles?! My gosh!!!

Judy – Be careful with the storms!

Docket – SECOND INTERVIEEEWW!!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!

Carol - You are no old dog. LOL. Good luck on the 20 tomorrow and the race this weekend! And of course, hanging with Laura 😊

Busy day. Will probably go to Body Pump tomorrow morning since we aren't going to be around this weekend. I like to get in my strength workouts! Smile

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Bickerchick1, we are victims of our electronics. 

Damaris, great on the 2nd interview! I am sending positive vibes. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

No time this sec for personals other than.......  WAHOOOO Damaris, kick ass!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024