Womens Running

Terrific TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Anonymous Guest

Cathy, thank you for sharing your first race experience - that is awesome. I laughed. I hope you get that pain-free foot soon, this is taking way too long.

Kathryn, OMG, thank you so much! You weren't kidding when you said you had recommendations!

Liz, mammal needs to grow up. Geez, I can't believe the crap you have to deal with.

Sandy, excellent, I will book this week and PM you the details. We turned the game on near the end, but didn't really watch. People I know seemed to really like the halftime. I'm just over here trying to watch This Is Us before the next one airs tonight!

Ankle/foot issue seemed okay, I could feel it but it didn't hurt, so I decided to get on the bike upstairs. Managed the entire workout I picked, which was just over an hour, although the last 15 minutes it was hard to keep going. Then I couldn't feel anything at all regarding ankle, so I changed from bike shorts to running shorts and bike shoes to running shoes and went out for an easy 5 miles. I wouldn't call it a brick workout because I waited probably 30-40 minutes for some rain to pass through before getting out the door to run. My legs could definitely still feel the bike though, so I got something out of it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Sandy, I still wear cotton when it's not raining. I like it better. Much warmer on chilly days rather than cold tech fabric. And seriously, which would you rather wear, a fiber spun from a fluffy flower or a hunk of dead dinosaur?

First marathon was Los Angeles in 1988. Back when there were no timing chips, obviously no tracking, water stations every couple of miles, and two (count 'em folks TWO) aid stations that had sports drink. It wasn't Gatorade, either. I wore a singlet, short shorts, and dance tights under my shorts because I was worried about chub rub.

Karen, I second the suggestion of Powell's Books. Love that store.

Cathy, thanks for the book suggestions. Let's see. I just finished several. "The Keeper of Lost Things" by Ruth Hogan was a nice read -- sweet book with some zingers. Every so often I get a book from the library and find myself thinking how much my mother is going to like this one. This is one of them.  A couple of much darker ones: "The Librarian of Auschwitz" by Antonio Iturbe, "Ghosts of the Tsunami" by Richard Lloyd Parry, and "Quakeland" by Kathryn Miles. Trying to find a book club book.

Still swamped. Got 4 in this morning with RN. No lunch. I may try to get out of here a bit early.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think it was a combination of dehydration and travel, because I feel much better now.  Still coughing from the Houston virus (3 weeks and counting) but managed my run.

My friend is picking me up now so I had time to run.  7 with 2 @ 10K on the TM. TM is not well calibrated (I don't run at 12mm while feeling like it's 10mm), so I went with a combination of effort, TomTom footpod and my music (6 miles of songs). For the 10K miles, I had to go by effort, nothing much to do about that.  So, 7 @ 10:25mm with 2 @ 9mm or thereabouts.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

My foot is still not happy about tripping on the root or rock on Sunday. Figure since walking doesn't feel great, not going to try running. Did lower body strength training & core.

Those of you with thick/curly/wavy hair, do you use a diffuser when you dry yours?

Seloc, I've tried some of the local DDD places. Have not been too impressed. Chap's Pit Beef is good, there was a Mexican place he (and lots of others) rave about (R& R Taqueria) that DH and I thought the food was awful. I had a Groupon for some sort of meal family meal deal and we threw most of it away.

Weekend where I didn't open laptop even once! Lock down for most part on social media too but a good weekend. Did get out for a run on Saturday for 7 miles. Back in Detroit as of Monday night. Gym this morning for the DM of 3 miles. Blech.

Lizzie-man you are putting in the miles! Sheesh on the dog eating the gum!

Kathryn-I have no clue what shoes to wear now for AC. Do trail shoes really help in sand? So what advice did the running store person give you? I reassure myself by looking at finishers.  There are a lot of them. We will finish. You're freaking out over Brazos? I would do the 50 mile but its a month after DD's wedding and I know that I won't be in 50 mile shape plus that whole flat thing. Blech.

Elina-LOL on the long selection process for your headphones. Missed that DH is training for an IronMan!

Damaris-hugs for all that you've got going on!

Diane-interesting idea to put the weight in. Why not just put in the water? Smart to not "wing it" .. some of us tend to do that <whistle> but that's after having hooved it already many times. Experience does help. You've been gaining it!

Tessa-bunny from Holy Grail? who would be scared of a little bunny?

Sandy-sorry to hear about the rough saturday run. Dragon's Milk all around at Brazo's!

Made it to Monday... falling asleep now though. You ladies are too awesome for me to keep up with.

Ginny-oh boy.. I remember the buffalo wings!

Margaret-in the summer, I do take S-caps every couple of hours during races or really long runs. They do seem to help. No flashbacks.. just flash forwards.  This looks like if I fall I won't have crevices between pointy rocks to stick limbs in so going over is more likely.

Laura-you are the optimist asking for better weather in Feb in Michigan.

HCK2-sounds like just awesome race conditions.. not.

Lisa

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lisa, I'm not freaking out about Brazos, YET!  I have to get through Antelope first!!  And Pinelands.  Running guy store was meh for help.  I think he smoked one too many joints at some point in his life, possibly even that morning.  I asked the Antelope Canyon people about the last lap and road shoes.  I don't think she realized I was just asking about running around Page, not the whole race.  She said I could probably get away with road shoes, but recommended gaiters.

Sandy, watching This Is Us as I type.  (In a commercial, mind you...)  Did you watch the Super Bowl episode yet?  Hope so.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024