Womens Running

Apples to Apples MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Today is National Apple Dumpling Day. Who likes this?! I dont think I have ever tried dumplings.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.25 for me! I did 20x 1 min/1min recover. Going to try to make it to abs tonight. We will see how the day goes.

Great run this morning! I was speedy on those intervals! In the high 8's low 9's. With a 73 dewpoint, I will take it. It must have been all the cake I ate this weekend Smile It did rain a bit so that felt good. The only annoying part of this run was since I went out a little later than normal - everyone was taking their kids to the bus and I wasn't in the mood to acknowledge people. Is that mean!? LOL.

I think another reason I have been so blue lately is this weather. It is seriously never ending STICKY CRAP out there! I watched a bit of the news before I headed out this morning and relief is coming. Humidity is supposed to drop big time tomorrow afternoon..and some Fall air is coming next week. I am crossing my fingers! I kinda wish I had taken Weds-Fri off since the weather is supposed to be nice. HCF had mentioned we could have gone to VA Beach for a few days....oh well.

Not sure what we are doing today! I have a coupon for Kohls and Old Navy..would like to find some Fall wear (when it finally gets here) Smile. I have to clean at somepoint! Rainy and yucky again today. This is still part of Florence.

Runkupcakes - Great race report! Congratulations! I am sorry that it didn’t go as planned. You were brave to attempt a PR in those conditions. Seriously. I have to agree with Docket - its hard to race in the Summer! Don’t beat yourself up too bad. Your paces at 10+ miles is around what mine have been lately. Sometimes even slower than that. It sucks because you think you DO acclimate to that nasty shit outside..but you don’t. I have to say that you are right about the 70 dew point - it has felt good lately when the dew points have been 72+!! BUT the dewpoints/humidity have been REALLY awful the past few days. It feels worse than usual. You still get a WOOHOO from me! Tough race conditions! You will make it up at Baltimore! Oh, and the wish you had gas..LOL.

Sandy and Karen - Was daydreaming about Twin Cities on my run this morning. Excited!!!!

Happy Monday!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I like apples and dumplings, but not together.  Ha.

I have 5 miles tonight.

Liz, nice job on the run!  Welcome to my life. That's why Miamians are always angry (our weather).

Damaris

Group Power class this morning.  I think I slept through it. Not quite awake this morning, and there was unexpected construction closings on the two main routes to the gym, so I had to wake up enough to remember the alternate route.

I wasn't sore from the beach workout, Just SO tired--just drained. It's all good tho.

Damaris--great job on the TM miles.

Lizzie--job stress can seriously mess with your head.

Have a great Monday.

Seloc

5mi Sat, nothing yest and nothing today.  76* at 4am.  Nope.  Not doing it.  I know, I know, everyone else is sucking it up and running speedy in that crap.  Not me.  But, I think we’ve all established that I’m a big fat wimp.  Whatever, really.

Weekend was decent except it was sweltering.  So freakin hot at the volunteer gig Saturday morning.  Then sold meat raffle tix for my nephew’s hockey team in the afternoon.  At least that was indoors.  Yesterday watched Vikings/Packers.  Crazy game ending in a tie.  Boston this weekend.

Lizzie – enjoy your day off!!  Super excited for TCM.  Mostly cuz I ain’t runnin it – ha!

HCK – dang that race sounded brutal.  Way to tough it out!

Docket – I can completely understand being angry all the time leaving in this swill.  I need fresh air!  But, guess what?  Ours will go right from sweltering to my face hurts it’s so cold.

Sue – your beach workout sounded SO FUN!

Karen - why I ever attempt to explain anything is beyond me.  You do SO MUCH better at that!  From now on, I stand down.  

That’s all for today.  Work is redic.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Hmm, since we have lots of apples from apple picking this weekend, I can try to make dumplings.     Happy Monday!   The 5K trail race with DD went alright, I think her legs were tired from soccer the day before (she scored the team's only two goals, they won 2-0).  So it was a push just to get her to run strong, the "killer hill" didn't help.    She finished in a little over 36 minutes, 4th in her AG, probably enough to hold onto her lead in the series with one race to go!  I ended up 5th in my AG and it was a leisurely run for me, so I guess that is fine.  I did sprint up the hill at the end, I had all my energy saved up.     I didn't think the weather was too bad, but the mosquitos!  Ugh.  We were waiting for our RB's to finish and saw my older co-worker coming towards the hill and I told DD to go and get him.  So she ran back down the hill and ran up with him.  The announcer saw this and said, "This is something to see.  Little girl finished the race and she's going to go up the hill again to help someone else finish!".  My co-worker thanked her, he said he didn't think he would make it up the hill.     The Fox Valley races down in Illinois were black-flagged yesterday after 4 hours and 50 minutes due to heat.  They had a full and half marathon.  They have had 2 straight years of hot weather.

Liz, wow, nice long run with speedwork!  Haha, no you are not mean to not want to acknowledge people early in the morning.    Nice that some fall weather is finally coming your way!  Oh, and congrats to HCF on 10 years!  And awesome mileage week for you!  Here's to fall racing!!  Aww, nice that your family brought you your fav cake!

Damaris, enjoy the 5!

Sue, there was tons of road construction this morning, I don't know what was going on.  

Sandy, I only had 1 day of running in 3 days.  SRD though.    That was a crazy game yesterday!  You may need a new kicker.     It was a bit warm this weekend, I am not used to it being that warm during apple picking!  It was just hot watching DD play soccer!  Big change from last weekend.

Kat, I hope the weather improves and that you feel better!

Kupcakes, sorry about the tough race!  I agree that you were brave to attempt to PR in that weather.  I know that I wouldn't have done that.  

Karen, haha, laughing about the person that gets "stuck" running with you!    You can come and pace me anytime.     I hope the puppy hours continue to stabilize.

Tessa, that is a decent run!  Oops on forgetting the water.  Sorry about the kitty.  That must be so tough.

Diane, good job getting the 12 done!

Lori, I took time off earlier this year due to injury and I was pretty darn slow.  Running anything over 3 miles was tough!  Just take it slow, it will come back!

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

For all you non-retired folks out there:

We have been playing nonstop since 6:30 this morning and are just finally going down. So I'm going out for a few hot sticky miles shortly. Up about 5 times last night, but overall better than it has been (I know that doesn't really make sense). Can't really just let him cry when he wakes up because he's so young he can really only hold it for 2-3 hours before he has to pee, so right now just helping him figure out that he can go out and pee when he wakes up but then it's right back to bed.

Probably not going to get many miles in this morning. It's miserable sticky and hot out there. Still no sub-70 overnight lows in the extended forecast. Sigh. Back once I'm done and cleaned up.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, dumplings made in broth soups are excellent!

Friday was a 65 minute run out the trail. I did a 40 minute walk after that and did stretches.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday Buddy is not back from trip yet so I did 30 minutes cardio dvd at home combined with some domestic XT.

Today is an early morning blood test, then a run in the park. I’m off! 

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, great run!!  I hear you woman on the weather and being blue.  It was blistering hot all summer, then the last week bleak and rainy.  Hopefully we are all in for some relief.  Enjoy abs tonight and have fun with whatever you get up to!!

Damaris, have a good run tonight.

Sue, glad you made it to Power Class even though you were sleepy!!

Sandy, nice 5 on Sat.  I don't blame you one bit for not going on Sunday.  You won't see me judging!!!!!  Wink  Are you going to Boston this weekend??

Cathy, fun that DD went back to help your co-worker!!

Karen, I hope your run wasn't too warm, sticky, or short.

Judy, enjoy your park run.

Terrible nights sleep.  I woke up at 2am WIDE AWAKE and was up till 5am.  Ugh.  I had the most vivid dream about planning a big race and couldn't go back to sleep after.  Guess who was looking at races right before bed!!  So, I didn't get up till 9am, a bit late here for the weather...

I was going to do a longer run this morning, but being late and had no food in me, I decided when I left I would just do a few and managed a meager 2 miles, lots of running though!! I was planning on a longer (for me) run tomorrow, but......  I got called mid-run about more vaccine clinic  work and am going in tomorrow at 9:30am to chat.  I interviewed with this guys full service clinic when  I came to SA and am curious whether he might have some relief work at that clinic, not just the mobile one.  Also, I just got a voice mail from another place I sent my resume to.  This one is a bigger deal, so I am not ready to call them back this second.  Need to think a touch first.  Not my first choice in clinics, but who knows.  I said in my cover that I don't do surgery, so that they called me back is interesting...

Not sure what I am going to do today.  Maybe clean?  I did manage to take the trash out at 3am.  Yes, really.  Strange, I know.

OK ladies, hope all your Mondays are short!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Considering I went apple picking with the hubby yesterday and we picked too many apples (and ate some too while picking) today's title seems very appropriate. I am not sure what an apple dumpling is but I do like apple fritter donuts. I think I might try to make apple butter. I have never had it though. I googled a recipe and it looks delicious.

5 miles today. Very humid. The first 2.5 miles were fine and then I died a thousand deaths and could only run 30 seconds and then walk 30 seconds until I returned to the car. I for one cannot wait until winter. It wouldn't be so bad if we got spring or fall for more than one day but since we only seem to have 2 seasons (gross hot and frigid cold) then bring on the frigid.

Today I have to return to work. Boo. But months ago I requested next week off because hubby and I are making a trip to Vancouver. So I ony have to work this week and then off for one week. We shall call it pseudo work hardening. lol.

Now for my first attempt at personals. I hope not to screw it up.....

Lizzie....yay for the cake fuelled good run today. I agree with you that all this gross humidity could contribute to feeling down. I know that bad weather affects me.

Damaris....good luck tonight on your 5. I am assuming treadmill?

CrazySue...sometimes it might be better to sleep through the tough Power classes. If our minds know what we are doing they might rebel. lol

Seloc....thanks for volunteering. Hope work calms down.

Cathy....I think that was awesome of your daughter to help another finisher. Must have made her feel as good as her own actual finish. You taught her well. Thank you for the words of encouragement. It meant more than you know.

Karen....puppies have boundless energy. I hope he takes a nap soon so that you can get your run in.

Judy....I hope your bloodtest goes well.

Kats....good luck with the interviews. I hope you find the right fit. And cleaning just plain sucks. Lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lori---YES! I love it when I am in class and I wake up and it is already half way over !

Anonymous Guest

I got 5 miles in. Was going to head out for two more, stopped to get a Gatorade and the puppy heard me in the kitchen, which is favorite room in the house. After that he wouldn't go back to sleep, so I just decided to stop and take a shower. Now we're playing again, plus I'm trying to do laundry. Which requires much help and also apparently, the smallest of us to get stuck behind the bed at one point. His big head got back there but he couldn't get it back out until I moved the nightstand so he could come out the side. He is growing fast. Need to put dinner in the crockpot shortly. And try once again to do some cleaning.

Liz, that's great paces for that weather. I try to avoid running in the neighborhood between 7:30 and 8:15, when first the little kids are getting walked to the elementary school at the entrance to our neighborhood, and then the middle school kids are all out waiting for the bus. Once they get picked up there's no people and hardly any traffic, which is much better.

Damaris, I'm sharing in that Miami anger today. So hot and humid out there. Doesn't help that I went out at 10. If I run more miles this afternoon it will be on the TM.

Susan, hooray for being awake enough to get to group power!

Sandy, you funny. You gave an excellent explanation yesterday. I just thought I'd add to it, since you qualified that yours was only in your own opinion (even though you were spot on). And I may be sucking it up and running some in weather like yours this morning, but not speedy. And much less than I'd be running if it wasn't so miserable.

Cathy, sounds like DD did great in her 5k, especially after soccer the day before. She's like a mini Elina with soccer instead of floor ball the day before the race. And how cute that she went and ran in your friend.

Judy, running running running as usual.

Kathryn, I'm going to go with yay for lots of running in those two miles, and yay for lots of interest in you on the work front. This time of year is so hard in TX, as people in other places are starting to see relief (even if only a few days here and there) and we're still in full summer. I just want the overnight low to drop below 70, is that so much to ask?

Lori, excellent job with the personals. And nice job sticking it out for 5, even though the second half sucks. Hope work is tolerable, and hooray for being off next week!

Okay, ideas from the group: I don't have a speaker for after the Saturday run and don't feel like putting something together to do myself, so I think I'm going to scrounge around my house and also go to a running store and maybe a sporting goods store and buy some little things and make the post-run deal a raffle/giveaway thing. I've also got a few shirts leftover from last year and a couple from other programs I could give away. What can you think of that would be relatively inexpensive to add to the giveaway pile? I've got some blinkie lights, the shirts, I'm going to get a bunch of different nutrition stuff, maybe socks, a handheld water bottle, flashlight, stuff like that. What would you like to see if you were there?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds like good stuff to giveaway already, Karen. The other stuff I would recommend is a gift card from one of the running stores (maybe they can donate a $10-15 gift card) or something like that.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Body Glide.

Gloves or a buff - Just kidding....

After Houston, since they are pretty inexpensive, you should get them stickers with their corresponding distance!!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hi Ladies!

So, was planning on going to abs but Florence ruined that. Geez, she is a real bitch! Ruining my vacation and now my fitness! LOL. No, but seriously. We have some crazy weather going on. 5 tornados touched down in the area - that is NOT like normal Richmond weather. It just happened all of the sudden and then the cells were right over our house so we had to stay in the closet. Plus, HCF wouldn't let me leave the house. So, just when we thought it had passed..I was typing up replies and then BAM a lightening strike hit something close to here and I saw a bright white light outside. CRAZY! I was worried it was the TV.. but it wasn't. Crazy weather!!!

Other then the nasty weather...we went to Kohls and spent too much money and then went to the grocery store.

Docket - If I were you, I know I would be angry all the time!

Susan - Nice job on the group power!

Sandy - You are not a wimp..you aren’t dealing with it 24/7 like some of us have! Totally get not wanting to run in it. OOOOO your Boston trip!!! I remember you talking about this!! Are you going with anyone? Are you excited?! YAY! I am excited for you haha Smile

Cathy - Aw, congrats to you and DD!! I guess she is learning what it is like to run on “tired legs” haha. Smile She did great! And she is so sweet to help your co-worker up the hill! When is the last one? Then the winter series starts, right? What exactly are dumplings?!

Karen - Nice 5 today! I had to smile when Huck got stuck behind the bed. Oooo..what did you have for crockpot dinner?! I remember you saying you avoid those times in the morning - I thought of you when I was mad that those little stinkers were out there. LOL. What a GREAT idea about the giveaway. Love the ideas you have and the ideas that Docket and Kathryn had. What about a visor? Or hat?

Judy - Hope you had a great run today!

Kathryn - OMG you are getting a lot of nibbles on those resumes. What is your secret?! Haha. No, seriously. That is awesome! It is always nice to have options. Nice 2 miles today Smile Not meager. You got out there. Ugh, sorry about the sleep. Hope you sleep better tonight!

Lori - I have never had apple fritter doughnuts - but those are on my list to try! I AM WITH YOU ON THE WINTER!!! I love winter! I would just much rather be cold than hot. Any day. Awesome that you have next week off already! And nice run today! The humidity is killer.

I hope we dont lose power. I am looking forward to eating dinner. LOL Smile Have a good night!