Womens Running

It's going to be a WET ONE WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

LC Runs

Hello Friends!

3 miles for me , weather was pretty nice today....mid 20's, no wind, sunny Smile

Lizzie - sounds like you had an awesome day!  Glad you love the hair!!  I am hanging in there!! And I cracked up at your thread title!

Carol - whoo hoo for Florida!!  Where abouts are you going?  So excited!!

Kat - hope the work day wasn't too bad...I saw your Petunia pics. she is soooo cute!!

Karen - have a good race tomorrow!!  Whoo hoo on the tax refund!!

Damaris - hope you had a good 8!  Oh no, feel better!!

Elina - at least my TM days are dwindling.  I got outside this weekend and plan on running on the beach next week!!  OUCH on the nose, I saw the FB pics.  Hope tomorrow's game goes better!!

Tessa - nice run and good luck with the travel plans!!

Happy weekend, all!  Ran 10.5 miles this morning with my RC, went to a discount-race-entry-expo, then volunteered at a trail race in the afternoon.  At the expo, I might have signed up for a 34k on 2/24, a 50k on 4/7, and a HM on 8/26.  But, DISCOUNTS!  And one of them came with a bottle of wine!  I call that being a smart shopper.  My RC is doing a Valentines Day 5k tomorrow.  Hopefully I run enough to counterbalance the cookies and candy I'm planning on consuming.

Lizzie, DHuff, Karen - all this talk of French toast is making me hungry!  My morning oatmeal seems so inadequate.

Lizzie, exciting that the hair appt went well.  I haven't been on FB all day... have you posted pics?  You know that's mandatory!

DHuff, games night is a great idea, as long as no one gets too competitive about it?  

Karen, have a great race on Sunday!

Carol, ugh on the foot issues.  Seems likely that the shoes are at least contributing to the problem, can you return them?

Kat, yes, you can post a pic on FB and make is visible only to you.  That's what I do when I want to post pics on RA.  Or I post the pic on the RWOL Women's page on FB, then also post it here.  I haven't posted much for general consumption on FB in a while, just sort of lost interest.  Or maybe I don't do anything worth posting.    Like, this beer that I'm drinking, which I'll share here but does FB really need to know this?

Kilmisters, frustrating that the game didn't go well.  You may well end up with a black eye from the nose trauma too.  Be proud of that shiner -- sacrificing your face for the team is really above and beyond the call of duty...    Hope tomorrow is better.

Tessa, hope that you made it back to CA okay.  I'm still on the fence about the Crater Lake race this year.  We're doing Santa Rosa HM on 8/26, which is one that my DH likes to do.  And let's be honest, I like it too since there's a beer festival at the finish line.  But earlier in August is still open.  Decisions, decisions.

Damaris, bleh on the bug, whatever it is.  Hopefully a day of good rest and soup is what you need to get over it.

LC, beach next week!! Woohoo!!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Hope are having a great visit with DD Smile

Karen - You are probably already up and out for your race!  Good luck!

Elina - Ouch, on the nose Sad.  How’s it doing today?

tessa - hope you  made it home!

kat - Sounds like quite the day at your fill in job...

Damarias - Wow, that sickness came on fast...hope you are feeling better today.

Lizzie - Glad you had a great day and love your hair!

Laura - We are going a few places...Pt. St Joe, then to Orlando (doing the Princess Half), followed with a “fun” few days by Port Charlotte visiting MIL.  Doesn’t sound relaxing, does it...LOL.   Where are you going?  The weather looks great Smile

Had a great run, foot felt good, but then woke up with it hurting again........I’m over it.

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!!

The last time I ran 60 miles I was dead that Sunday. Today I feel like going for a run - haha. I won't I won't..but I feel really awesome and not sore or drained at all. I did get a nice 10 hours of sleep Smile This indicates I am going to have a hard time tapering Smile I am ready to race!

Those who are going to FL - you can just come to VA for the day - 70 degrees and 67 dew point. Yeah. Its awful!! I AM NOT READY. Sad Sad I am sorry for all the people who despise Winter..I am sad we only had it for a month Sad

Going to run some errands today. Have to return some shoes at DSW and then we are probably going to swing by Kohls and the grocery. Fun adulting over here!

Laura -  Nice miles yesterday! Beach runs are in your future!

Margaret - Nice 10.5!! LOL at all your race sign ups! GO YOU!!! Man, I am jealous you have so many offered in your area. So, are you running the 5K or volunteering? Of course we are interested in your beer photos Smile And any photos! Smile I love Oatmeal..especially with bananas.

Carol - Awe, sorry about the foot! So you are going to FL too!? Fun!!

Okay. Ruger is trying to cuddle me and his head is now resting on my laptop. Talk with you ladies later! Not ready for work tomorrow..NOT READY. Blah.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh Karen, hope you are rocking it out there!

Kilmisters

Damaris, hoping you feel better today!

Margaret, laughing about smart shopping... That wine will help when you'll have the ''wtf was I thinking signing up to all those races'' stage Smile From personal experience - offsetting beer/candy calories w running... No chance. It just doesn't work that way. Lost fight. Nope. But the mental benefit (''Yeah, I consumed 2 tons of cake and 3 gallons of beer, but, hey! The two 3mi runs! I deserved it'' Big grin). The beer you posted looks fancy... Was it good?

Kat, smiling at your description of dog...  Kinda dumb is not that bad, really. Better than selfish, calculating animal. 4 vomiting dogs does sound more than should be expected from one working day...

Lizzie, it's so warm in VA? Wow. Please don't send that weather here... As for your mom calling HCBF your hb and potential reasons for that... Everything's possible, right? Smile  Golden brown hair? Can we expect a picture at some point? No pressure, of course Smile Beer was the choice yesterday, to deal w frustration. A good one, Belgian beer w touch of cherry. I actually drank beer and watched video's from US 2016 Election night. Sorry for saying that, but had lots of entertainment.

Game was better today. Better decisions - that's always huge; gives confidence. Still adjusting to new soles I got after thorough orthopedic check-up. Feet feel a lot better but some muscles are not happy. So, speed is not at 100%. Nose is a bit swollen, tho, but no black eye. During the warm-up I realized it's a bit tough to breathe, but team doc did a good job by solving that w some interesting looking tape. No idea how she did it but it worked. It is so superbeautiful outside I actually want to go for a short run, but, of course, after two games in two days that would be a massive overkill. Tomorrow Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Well, I did not rock my race this morning. The weather got even worse overnight - it didn't rain, but it's cloudy and damp and the temperature was 37 but the feels like temp was 32. And it was windy. And I didn't want to ride my bike in that. So I went back to bed and blew off the race. I will probably run a few miles this afternoon. And get my bike and all my gear out of the car and put back away.

Elina, your pic on facebook looked painful. I hope today's game went better. And now that I read farther, I see that it did, yay!

Tessa, hope you made it home safe and sound.

Liz, glad the hair turned out great. And look at you, all I could run again today. You are super strong right now. Tapering might be kind of mentally hard this time, but I have faith in you.

Margaret, race entry discount expo? That sounds almost magical. I want to go to one and sign up for all the things.

Laura, excited for your Florida trip!

Carol, yours too!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Karen, totally agree w what you wrote on FB - we're running for fun and if you know such weather will kill all of it, why bother. And extra sleep on Sunday is always a good idea Big grin

World is coming to an end..... I ordered trail running shoes... Yep. That just happened. Unbelievable Big grin Context: I have a trail 11k in April and if all goes well there (meaning if I don't happen to utterly hate it), trail 18k in May. Running the latter w road shoes, yeah, no. Not risking it, given the ankle situation. Random note: I love the way the particular trail series name the race distances. 1k - dormouse, 5k - squirrel, 10-12k - hare, 18-22k - buck, 25+k - lynx. So, saying ''I will run the hare for the first time'' or ''Cannot decide between buck and lynx next week'' is completely usual.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

LC Runs

Happy Sunday!

Haven't run yet, it's been snowing all day and BF just plowed out the driveway.  Looks like it's done now, so I think I am going to get outside for 3-4 in an hour or two.  I've spent today doing laundry and packing my stuff and my boy's stuff.  DD's are doing their own, with my supervision, of course lol!

Margaret - okay, I totally LOL'd over your race sign ups, ha ha!  I would do the same, who can say no to discounts and free wine!!  BTW, that beer looks tasty!

Carol - ugh on the foot!  Your trip sounds fun, would love to do a race down there but not signed up for anything at the moment, BF and I did a 5k last year for Valentines Day but we are going to Ft Myers this year.  Although, we are travelling to Orlando for one day to go to Universal, it will be a very long day but my ex in laws bought the tickets for us (they asked us first) because they know the kids will love it and also that their son (my ex) will never take them anywhere.  We're going mid way through the trip so we can rest up the day before and day after LOL.

Lizzie - wowza on the 60 mile week!!  You definitely deserve a rest day and you're going to do so great at the marathon!  I have to work tomorrow (but I have next Monday off - we're coming home Sunday).  I am hoping for a quiet day but Monday's always suck.  Still no work partner so stuff that happens this week will just have to wait!

Elina - glad you had a better game today!!  Woo hoo on the trail shoes/race!

Karen - don't blame you a bit for not racing.

Fun 5k-ish Valentine's run with my RC this morning.  I ran to the start from home, and then back again, so total mileage was 4.75.  There were "activity stations" along the way, including "throw the candy heart into the paper cup," answer a valentine's trivia question, write a short poem, bring it with you to the next station and recite it while doing jumping jacks and looking into the eyes of the person volunteering, and decorate a cookie and carry it with you to the finish line.  Clearly I excel at such activities since I finished 2nd place female.    Chores on tap for the rest of today.  Also going to stop by a local art show where a friend is showing some pieces.

Kilmisters, the Headlands Brewing Co. was a sponsor of the trail race where I volunteered yesterday afternoon so I brought back a couple cans of the double IPA and the regular IPA.  Didn't love the double IPA that I had last night, but as a general rule I prefer regular IPAs.  Will try that next.  So you bought some trail shoes?  Lisa will be so proud.  I am too!  But those trail shoe names are pretty optimistic.  How about the "sloth" or the  "desert tortoise" or the "skunk"?  

Lizzie, since the weather stays pretty mild here year-round, there are always races going on, no matter what time of year it is.  Worst-case weather scenario would be rainstorms.  And occasionally races are cancelled or re-routed if the storms are really bad, but not usually.   Look at you feeling all fresh and peppy going into your taper!  You are so ready for that race!

Karen, I wouldn't want to go anywhere on a bike with "feels like 32" temps, much less a race.  So, good call!  The only reason I didn't bankrupt myself at the discount expo was that some of my favorite trail racing cos. weren't there.

LC, packing for vacation is such a happy chore.  Did you get out for a run?  (Of course you did!)

Okay, off to be productive.  BBL!

Kilmisters

Margaret, Valentine's trivia? Oh dear God. What could that be about? Big grin Your pic on FB actually reminded me of the upcoming Valentine's day, which I had totally forgotten, so thanks for that! Have to make some preparations.... Fast Big grin

Margaret, Valentine's trivia? Oh dear God. What could that be about? Big grin Your pic on FB actually reminded me of the upcoming Valentine's day, which I had totally forgotten, so thanks for that! Have to make some preparations.... Fast Big grin

The questions were multiple choice, fortunately, so everyone eventually could get the right answer.  Mine was "which of the following is NOT a chocolate company," so something about which I have some expertise.    You're welcome for the reminder.  You've been a bit busy...

LC Runs

3.3 holy moly was it slippery out there.  I usually have no issues with my trax but this snow was super smooth so I got no traction.  I had to walk a couple of times.  I will be feeling this in my legs tomorrow, I'm sure!

Margaret - that sounds like a really fun race!  Great job!

Elina - I'm taking a pass on any formal Valentine's this year since we'll be gone...I say a walk on the beach will suffice!!

Taking DD to Walmart for some make up stuff, fun times!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Margaret, the Valentine 5ishK sounds interesting but definitely not for someone seriously competitive. Discount race expo? Oh my that could be very dangerous.

But wine...

I am missing Buzz Marathon this year because of scheduling issues, dammit, and that's a good one if you like wine. It's in San Miguel (off 101 between Paso Robles and Salinas) and it's a fund raiser for the local school so the organizers ask all the wineries for donations. Most of them are happy to oblige with a bottle or two. At the race, all these bottles are out on tables in the gym near the finish line, vaguely sorted by variety (all the cabernet sauvignons together, for instance). Winner gets to pick any bottle. Second place picks any bottle left. Third gets to pick, and so forth, so most/all runners will wind up with at least one bottle, and the better your place, the wider your choices.

Arrived home safely and did 6.5 this morning. Not a big week but at least I did something. Then church and now home and supposed to be doing homework though I may need to go to Costco.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ugh, how is it Sunday night already? 3 day weekend coming up, though! Anyone else have Presidents Day off?

It poured all day again. Just humid and gross. We ran up to Kohls and the grocery. I found a lot at Kohls today - a couple work blouses and got my new A cups. LOL. At one point I had lost HCBF in the bra section..he was over checking out the double D's. LOL..I told him sorry, I would never be that big Smile

Tacos for dinner. MMMMM.

Kilmisters - LOL on the election night as entertainment. I didn’t watch any of the election and anytime politics are brought up on the news I change the channel. I watch for the run weather Smile Oh so glad you had a better game today! Ouch on the nose! Awesome on the trail shoes! Will this be your first trail race?

Karen - I saw your Facebook post and you are not a wimp Smile If you weren’t going to enjoy it, then you made the right choice. Whats the point if it isn’t fun? Hope you enjoyed your warm blanket and coffee Smile

Laura - I am so excited for you and your vacation. You really really deserve it! Nice of your ex in laws to buy tickets to Universal - that will be fun. I remember going to Universal when I was a kid and it was awesome. I am sure it is much better now. Nice job on the run! Trax having trouble even on smooth snow? Must have really been slippery! No Valentines? I would take a walk on the beach over a Valentine, too Smile

Margaret - Oh wow that race sounds like so much fun! Especially decorating a cookie Smile Smile Nice job finishing 2nd in AG! Man..I wish they would do stuff like that here! Or maybe they do and I just don’t know. You know - I didnt even think of that about the races and weather. You are right - I am sure there is less going on right now because its supposed to be “cold”. Even though its like Summer out there right now. Hope you had a great time at the art show!

Tessa - Hmm…I like the sound of the Buzz Marathon!! Bummer you can’t do it this year. Nice miles this morning. You did a lot considering you were traveling. Hope you had a good afternoon!

Looks like I will be running in shorts tomorrow. Freakin VA weather.

Have a great night everyone!