Womens Running

Monday Funday-lies! (Read 22 times)

LOL

Was a fun weekend... keeping tabs with DD in Rome and she found a wine she likes ... Lambrusco. Ha! Sweet red wine. The trail maintenance on Saturday was good. We cut back branches along the mountain bike loop. Makes for a safer go of it when people can actually see a bit around a corner. In the evening went to a cd release party for a local group that plays a fusion of Indian, funk and jazz... that was really fun. At one point we realized they were playing The Beatles "Come Together" which then melded back into other melody. There was good beer too. :-)

Sunday longest run as DC gets ready for Missoula. Did 9 something on trails, switched shoes and finished on paved path... his watch showed 18. We'll go with that. Heading to the gym for strength this morning.

Elina-glad the dh medical stuff went well! fresh perspective of work week is for it to be a good one!

Damaris-if you don't step on the scale then you only know what your clothing tells you. Ditch the scale.

Karen-baby runners always sounds funny but I'm sure that they help keep you motivated too. Enthusiasm is contagious and they do tend to be. LOL about the phone call of 30 minutes. I hope those of us who are run challenged have helped on the walkers not taking it seriously thing. Susan (runprof) is a super fast walker... sub 14 min/miles!!! I jog to keep up to her walk.

Kat-hope you get those answers. Most of the time the delay in answering comes because they don't know themselves yet but that still isn't helpful... they should have been prepared for logical questions.

HCk2-humidity sucks.

Lizzie-Thank you! Yup we ran with another friend (Michele from FB but she doesn't post much). It is his first and we'll run it together in Missoula. That was so nice of your friend to have that for your welcome! Now the fun begins with planning! Of course we would all love to be there!

Diane-bow down to you.... 20 on TM. Wow!!! You deserved that Dragon's Milk... the good kind of DM.  And then you did 10 more! Wow! Serious mileage girlie!

Laura-yes, it is normal for people to keep "options open" and every employer would be better off if they kept that in mind so that their place of business was the best option. Period. Glad that is out of the way and done with for you! I don't think there was anything wrong with your response. it was honest and that's the best way to be.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.

Lisa, Lambrusco, ha.  I remember growing up hearing advertising about it.  Never tried it.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did 70 minutes out the trail with a runner friend of mine. It was fun to talk with her again.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday Buddy did not appear so I went out and did 45 minutes. Two bunnies, lots of birds and the same young deer that I have been seeing. She was over on the other side of the lake. DC and I did a short hike in the afternoon. I tried wearing my recycled running shoes for the hike and the rest of the afternoon but toe is feeling bruised.  One pot of wax beans planted and out on the balcony. I hope to do 2 more.

Today I’ll try a short run out the trail. Temp has dropped down to 60°F. It will feel good to be cooler today.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.1 for me. Abs class this afternoon.

Awesome run in awesome temps. 56 degrees with dewpoints in the 30's!!! YES YES YES! Loved it. I did have that sharp pain again on the outside of my left foot...went away after a mile in and then came back in the mid-foot towards the end of my run. Not sure what that is. Doesn't hurt any other time. It better get its act together., Smile Was going to do a few speed work workouts this week..but I am going to wait until that niggle subsides.

Feeling some soreness after body pump yesterday! I am also feeling some JIGGLE! Which better go AWAY. Vacation jiggle is what I call it. Wanted to wear this cute white skirt I have today now that I am TAN..but the jiggle looked too bad. Maybe in a few weeks...

Not ready to be back at work today...NOT. READY.

Run4kupcakes – Congrats on the 5K!

Lisa – Busy weekend for you! Nice job on the 18 with DC yesterday! How is he feeling today? Missoula race is not too far away! I didn’t realize until I looked at your info!

Judy -  We are cooler here today too. LOVING IT. Sounds like you are getting back to yourself out there! How is the toe feeling? Any discomfort?

Guess I better get started combing through 511 emails..sigh. Happy Monday! I wish it was last week at this time! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  Last Monday of the school year for the kids, they may be a bit excited.     Rest day for me today, 33 min "aerobic" out and back run on Saturday (faster run but under 162 HR and paced so that it's even or negative split), and 66 min long run on Sunday.  Awesome running weather, breezy and in the 50's.  It should continue through this week!  Laid back weekend, DH did end up working all day Saturday, so nothing too exciting for our anniversary.  Older DD had a band field trip to Six Flags so younger DD and I hung out.  

Lisa, wow, that is quite the drama with the ex.  So glad that is behind you!  It sounds like you had a great weekend!  That does sound like a fun band!

Lizzie, glad the temps came down just for you.    Hope that niggle goes away.  And the jiggle.    Aww, that was so nice of HCF's friend!   You have come a long way since before HC.  I had faith.  

Damaris, you certainly look more fit in the 2nd photo.  Throw the scale away.  

Diane, wow, 20 miles on the TM?  Awesome!  Sorry it was a tough day.  Awesome training week, congrats!

Hi Laura!  Sorry about all the work drama.  I hope your nurse works out!  Exciting about DS graduating!

Elina, when I met HCF, he seemed a little surprised by all I already knew.  If I were him, I would be very curious about what Lizzie was saying on the forum.    I'm glad DH's surgery went well.  Hope things are less stressful for you this week!

Karen, getting out at 9 on a weekend is pretty good for most people.     Glad you found a walking group coach!

Kupcakes, nice 5K!  I hate when the walkers line up in front.

Sandy, if you've hit 171 in a race then your true max is probably closer to 180.  Most people don't run up to their full max, well, except for Mr. Math who will apparently run until he passes out.    Your HR info actually sounds pretty similar to me, 160 is the point where I am pushing it a bit, I don't feel great but I can hold it for awhile.

Carol, congrats on the full retirement!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Rest day for me today.  I feel remarkably well for having done 30 miles over 2 days.  Sat we had to put one of my dogs to sleep.  He was 15 and had been having trouble walking and it had finally got so bad he would sometimes cry.  It was time for him to rest but OMG I still cry.  He was a good dog.

Lisa glad you had a fun weekend.  Your ex is a douchebag.  Probably douchebag of the Universe.  Your DC is a wonderful person.

Judy sounds a lovely weekend.

Laura, your boss sure could have handled that better. Most people that I know leave jobs because of the atmosphere.

Damarus, be glad you didn't try Lambrusco...it will leave you with a horrid hangover.  Well at least it did me.

Lizzie I hope I can come to the event.  Your HCF is a good one also.

Elina, hope DH is on the mend.

HcK, Nice 5k time!

Margaret congrats on your 50k also.  What a lovely area that is.

Cathy as much as I don't like the cold I'd love to see 50's.  We are hitting the 100's this week.  It's NOT a dry heat either.

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Sounds like a fun weekend!  Yay for DC doing a full.  It is so awesome to see you so happy!!!  Your DD is getting an experience of a lifetime.

Judy - Nice to see you getting back to normal.

Lizzie - I doubt there was any jiggle on you ...I’m sure you look just awesome!

Laura - Loved the picture on FB of your son and you!  Congrats on his graduation.  Sounds like work drama???

Cathy - How is the foot with your running?

Damarias -  I am a “scale obsessed” .....so I get it, but I’m sure with all your training it is pure muscle!

Had as a great run with RB’s yesterday.  Am doing 18 mile hike this weekend in prep for NZ...yikes.  It is a “test hike” with the hiking group...hoping I can hang with them.  Am going alone, DH has a golf vacation planned. I am nervous.....funny, I would be fine running it, not sure why I am nervous 

Lots of “stuff” to take care of today!

Carol

Seloc

Elina – how do you drink beer BEFORE a race??  I almost wish I could LOL  Glad DH surgery went well.  Hope this week goes well!

Damaris – yep, no need for a scale.  You look FIT!  And if your clothes fit you’re good.

Karen – nice 8 in that awful weather!  I’ve run with so many different people over the years – some I’ve known, some I just meet that day.  And I’ve found that the nice thing about runners is there is no expectation to talk or not to talk.  For some reason I don’t even find it uncomfortable to have silence.  Hooray for being lazy on Friday!!  And congrats on finding a walking coach!!  Ooof, that is one long phone call.  I don’t even talk to my sisters on the phone haha

Kat – ugh sorry for the unanswered questions regarding work.  Hope they can communicate something soon!  Hope you had enough of that $130 left over for a decent amount of booze LOL

HCK – like Damaris says – humidity is the devil.  Perhaps I shouldn’t even tell you that I left my house at 5am yesterday for a run haha  Nice 5k!  That’s a great time – especially for the hills and annoying kids haha

Lizzie – welcome home!  Glad you had a day to get sorted.  Always so much to do to get back to real life.  That is SO SWEET of HCFs friend!  I saw the pics.  Awwwww  I for SURE would love to witness Chapter 2, Day One.  I can’t wait!!  I COMPLETELY understand looking forward to being back in a routine – too bad that routine includes work.  Ugh.  What will the Mammel say about the ring?

Diane – Great mileage over the weekend!  I’m so sorry about your pup.

Laura – ugh on all the work drama!  Redic about that woman misconstruing your honest response and stirring the pot.  What a boob.  Nice job keeping up the mileage!  Grad party coming soon?  You just sound busy busy.  Hang in there.

Lisa – love the thread title!  Sounds like a SUPER fun weekend!  That’s so awesome that DC is doing his first marathon!  I love hearing about DDs travels.  Okay, I guess I’d pop into a McDs for AC and bathroom, too.  OMG, yes on the gelato.  I’m not a huge ice cream fan but since everyone said you HAD to have gelato in Italy I figured I should.  But, OMG, no kidding – that is the best stuff EVER!!  You did an AMAZING job with her!  Your ex sounds very special.  And NOT in a good way.  SO HAPPY you are in a MUCH better place!!

Judy – hope the toe is feeling better today.

Cathy – nice running this weekend!  Similar weather here, too.  Though I’d have to say it was more “windy” than “breezy” here haha.  Oh, I guarantee you I do not run to my full potential – it feels hard so I slow down haha  I can hold 160 pretty easily and talk.

Carol – glad you had a great run with RBs yesterday.  Okay, I’m chuckling that you are nervous to hike 18 and you wouldn’t be to run.  But, I sorta get it, too!  You’ll do awesome – I have faith.

Well the planned 11 for yesterday was cut to 7.  Not sure what my problem was.  Just super tired and achy and underfueled and dehydrated.  Plan was to run to RBs, run with her and run home.  Meant leaving my house at 5am since she had to be done in time to get ready for church.  WINDY.  Probably what made it feel even harder.  So, instead, got to her house and then just ran back to mine and I gave her a ride home with a stop through the coffee shop.  Its hard for me to tell if this was “smart” or if I was just being a wimp.  Came home and cleaned my house – no sunshine so no patio time.  But, lots of reading on the couch instead.

Rest day today.  I think?  It’s super nice out.  Track tonight which is a bummer since I just found out my cousin is coaching his daughter’s soccer not far from me and his mom will be there, too.  Wish I could go watch and visit!  Ugh to Monday and a full week.  Let's hope it goes fast!

dhuffman63

Trails

Thanks

Sandy there's a lady on one of my FB groups that goes on about being fat adapted so yesterday I did my 10 miles with no fuel.  Granted I'm walking but somewhat fast, so in my case I think my constant "hunger" is at least partly boredom.  I say this while snacking on some pistachios while sitting at my desk at work  For the races I plan on still having my "stash" of stuff and eat at aid stations.

Carol you will do fine with the hiking group.  At least you know you won't have to carry DH now....lol.

Kat I hope you hear something soon about the job situation.  It's so frustrating not knowing.

Kilmisters

Lisa, I am glad to provide some advice to DD while she's in Europe; mostly it's been quite useless, but... oh well Smile

Karen, the latest addition to running group sounds valuable. It's amazing how the group is developing!

Lizzie, 511 emails? How much of that is some irrelevant cc bulls---t or informative emails you can skip?

Diane, sorry about the pup. Sad

Sandy, I had two beers before the race. And it was hot outside. And the course was tough. And......... Anoooother one for the ''never again'' chapter Big grin As for your run, certainly ''smart'' not ''wimp''. No need to push it. You had a marathon not long ago.

Cathy, oh, we absolutely know lots more than HCF could imagine Big grin But as the saying goes, if one tells smth to a woman, especially when it's guys topic, it's naive to think all of the female friends won't know in matter of hours Big grin

HCK, laughing about bad PR comment. If you promote something, at least pick a speedster. And that's great 5k time, especially given the start crowds!

This day was actually surprisingly calm. Boss is gone and the only f---up has been from my colleague not me, smth about wrong data communicated to Group. As soon as I saw the email (addressed to me, because three analysts put data together, but I am the one sending the file to finance guys so that there is one instead of three Excels), I took my usual [''forwarding mail'' and ''not my problem''] attitude. This was, of course, as it should be, but the way that guy approached my desk and explained himself about mistake felt weird. Like a five year-old that has broken an expensive vase, and then the TV too. And then the window. I am not his boss; hierachically we are on the same level. Nor is he less skilled or experienced, absolutely not. I am not sure what, but something about the entire situation made me feel extremely weird and uncofmortable. Oh well.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Lambrusco? Sweet red fizzy low alcohol wine? Tell DD they sell it at Trader Joe's so she can find it here too.

If she likes Lambrusco she might like Moscato as well. And some of the sweeter Reislings, although hasn't she already been to Germany?

Diane, I am sorry about your dog. 15 is a good age but still it hurts.

Judy, take care of that toe.

3.2 this morning. RN is back to swimming a couple of times a week so we will run on the days she does not swim.

I did manage 12 on Saturday. Hauling up one hill I noticed two people walking and pushing bikes a bit ahead of me. I caught up to them and passed them -- one was pushing a bike with a completely flat back tire, the other had apparently stayed with his friend out of sympathy. Once I crested the hill I head them behind me -- the guy with the intact bike was riding slowly, Flat Guy was running and pushing his bike.

I bet that is the last time they go out for a ride without tools and the necessary bits to fix a tire. Hah. One thing runners do not need to worry about!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lisa, sounds like a lovely weekend!!  That DM Chocolate Cherry beer sounded scrumptious!!!  Glad Kaite is enjoying Rome and found something she liked to drink.  Yes, I assume they don't know the answer to my question.  They should have had the answer up front, which should have been conveyed to us at the get go.  Frustrated bordering angry.

Hi Damaris!

Judy, always amazed at the number of critters you see.  Sorry the toe was sore.

Lizzie, 511 emails??  You must be joking.  That is crazy.

Cathy, sorry your anniversary was kinda low key.

Diane, EXCELLENT miles this weekend.  20 on the TM - you are a monster!!!!  So sorry about your dog.  I cry like a baby too.

Carol, I am sure you will do just fine on the hike!!

Sandy, bummer your run got cut short, but maybe for the best.  Enjoy your rest day.

Elina, glad all is well with DH.

Tessa, good job showing up the bike guys.  Another reason I don't ride my bike.

Only 80 out right now, but a nice breeze going.  Got a whopping 2 miles in.  I cannot fathom that I did 31 a week ago.  Beyond comprehension for me, and I was the one who actually did it.

Today is my day off, since it should get to 100, it will be an indoor day.

Not much else.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

PHEW!!!

I just received word that the independent contractor shifts I have picked up will NOT affect my severance, something I was quite concerned about as it is six weeks.  I have been asking for a week now with no answer.

I still don't know when my last day is, but that is just a minor thing.

Breathing much better now.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Howdy!

Still catching up! The quilt seminar in Jackson this weekend was fun! Got home Saturday night. Sunday's run sucked -- I bailed at 4.5.  Made peach preserves all afternoon.  Group power class this morning. I'm still tired.

Diane--so sorry about your pup.

Later!

Anonymous Guest

Gonna do a quick post and run. I was going to get up and get a longish run in this morning when DH got up. He left at 5:30 to get to the airport for a flight. DDog and I were awake at that time. The next thing I remember is seeing 7:00 on the clock and DDog snoozing away at my feet. Yes, my up and usually demanding food at 5-5:30 dog settled in and went back to sleep.  Luckily it was a little overcast so 80 degrees (dew point 75) didn't feel quite as bad as it normally does. I ended up running 10 miles, so yay. Followed that up with a quick trip to Costco (where they didn't have my granola, sob), some cleaning, and now settling in for an afternoon on the computer doing running group stuff. I keep putting off the sponsorship stuff so need to get that done.

Diane, I am so sorry about your dog. It's hard to see them get old, and even harder to let them go.

Carol, I don't think I remembered to congratulate you on full retirement the other day, so congrats!!

Hopefully back on later for more personals. In the meantime, hi to all.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel