Womens Running

That's what HE said FRIDAY (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Tessa--Yes, I have a stand up desk (Vari-Desk I highly recommend it). I have been standing 6-8 hours a day lately.  I'm doing better at focusing and working while standing, but it was an adjustment.  And sometimes I just want to sit.

Karen--yes--DS2 and GF are bringing Deuce and Stark. Should be a wild weekend with the additional party animals.  lol

Day 2 of the self-imposed junk food ban....I haven't hurt anyone yet. I told DF I didn't want any chips with my sandwich and he thought I must be sick! Haha.  I just really need to make better choices to drop those last couple of pounds and keep them off.

dhuffman63

Trails

Here you go Lizzie...for your French toast: http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/tipsandtricks/youve-been-making-french-toast-wrong-your-whole-life/ar-BBIPs1v?li=BBnb7Kw&ocid=iehp

Boss took us to lunch for my coworkers bday...we got cupcakes...mine was blueberry cheesecake and it's huge...saving 1/2 for my LR.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Today has gotten me all wound up again! I am going to LOSE IT.

MY GOD I NEED A VACATION. AND SOME FRENCH TOAST!

Judy – Awe, glad you had such a good run yesterday! Stay safe today!

Susan – Mardi Gra parade sounds so much fun! Hope it doesn’t get rained out! WTG staying strong with the chips!!!

Lisa – Nice dreadmill miles!

Diane – Nice 5 yesterday! Wow, they still have your car?! That has been a long time! I agree with your thought on not thinking about what you are about to do. I do that before a long run Smile And yes I am taking everyones appetite. I am eating everything. EVERY.THING. Thanks for the tips on the French toast!!! MMMMM. Did someone say cupcakes?!

Tessa – Nice run this morning. Be careful running without sidewalks! When I had a meeting in Dallas I noticed that, too.

Karen – Crap. You are right – the butter is a Saturday only deal. I think its saving about 50c..so no big deal. They are having Free sweetarts hearts! Haha. Hey, it is the little things. Awe, thanks for the vote of confidence on the training cycle. I just do what I am told Smile I really really hope the weather corporate because I have some goals to crush. LOL. But…VA in March is a real gamble. It could be 40..it could be 80 and humid. We will just have to see! Thanks for the info on the pace! It makes sense when I read it..but then when you look at your watch after a long run you are like, WTH. Enjoy the quiet day! And hope you have a great run Smile YAY for Fargo tickets!!!

Kathryn – Hope your tummy feels a bit better so you can get out for a run! Hope you don’t run into my issue LOL. Hopefully you get paid for working at the other clinic! Loved the bunny sweater picture!!

Ginny – I am laughing. I have never lost my appetite either! I hear some people say they “forgot to eat’. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! HOW? I plan my entire day around food. LOL. Nice workout this morning!!! Anything fun planned for the weekend?

Cathy – Wow a snow day!! I bet your girls were excited! So cool about the inline skating marathons. I think you should do it again hehe Smile LOL at your dream about Sandy ahhah. Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

Docket – Enjoy your day off!!

Sandy – NICE workout this morning! Especially on the track blah. I second the TURD day tomorrow..you will enjoy the 20 degree day on Sunday! Wow, you can already sign up for tracking?! You are sweet Smile I just need the dang wacky VA weather to corporate. Just not warm..just not warm..just not warm. That’s all I am thinking. I don’t care if its freaking cold rain..just not warm! I need your motivation to drink water..so lets see 22 miles today..2 cups of coffee and one 18floz of coconut water. That’s it. I need to get on that. Probably one of the main reasons I feel like such crap afterwords. My scale is tilted right now too and it SUCKS.

Kilmisters – You survived!!! I cant imagine how tough it is with mini K in the picture now. Good luck on the games this weekend! It will help some work stress Smile

Sigh. Happy Friday. LOL. Would this week just end already?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Lizzie - get OFF the scale!  It means NOTHING.  You already know your clothes are getting too big.  And, my goodness, DRINK MORE WATER!!  Or Powerade or tea or anything non-caffeinated.  I would FAINT if that is all I had!!  Okay, stepping down now   Must go find bunny costume pic.  Oh, and what are YOU doing this weekend?  Besides eating.  I hope haha.  Enjoy that French toast!

Cathy - I forgot to comment on the inline marathon!  I've done one.  Pretty much the same course I just ran my last half on.  It was interesting - I didn't love it.  Wonder if it still exists?

OMG you guys I have another fantastic soup recipe to share.  My new favorite!!  Sweet Potato Peanut Soup from Pinch of Yum.  Yes, I may be addicted to sweet potatoes.

Okay, two more things and then shutting 'er down for real.  Happy weekend!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy - I didn't mean THAT scale. LOL. I thought you were talking about the life balance scale with work and personal. LOL. Am I wrong!? I even went back and re-read. LOL.  I wouldn't dare step onto an actual scale...not healthy for me and I know that. I would become very obsessive. I meant the life balance scale Smile Work is taking over my life balance!! And I know I know I need more water. I am working on it. I promise! This weekend...hair appointment which is near my parents place. So we are going to grab lunch before. And then hopefully just lounging..I am going to be super exhausted tomorrow after my run I am sure. You have done an inline marathon, too!? Wow!!! I am going to look into that soup! I LOVE SWEET POTATOES!!! Shut down Smile Have a good weekend and have a great time in Fargo!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Lizzie - oh yeah - I forgot about the life/balance scale that I brought up!  Oops!  Sorry sorry.  Good golly my brain has left the building.  That's RIGHT I knew you had a hair appt cuz I need one BAD.  I LOVE lunching on weekends.  Hope the rest of it is relaxing - you neeeeeeeeeeeed and deserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve it!

LC Runs

Hello there!

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just going through the motions of each day.  Just 1-2 miles on the TM during the work week.  I had a nice 3.1 mile run outside this afternoon!!  There is a big snow storm downstate, but we only got about 2 inches and the sun is actually out.  I hope to be able to get in some decent runs this weekend.  We leave for Florida on Tuesday so planning on getting most things packed this weekend!

Lisa - wow, hope you are able to fly out.  And yes, I LOL'd at your comment!!  Not much snow here, thank goodness. I am Over It!!

Lizzie - I am bowing down to you.....  I often have stomach issues after long runs, which is part of the reason I don't want to train for another marathon.  I really don't know what triggers it, but it sucks.  I usually make it through the workout but am running to the bathroom many times the rest of the day.

Diane - awesome 5!  Have a good Sat/Sun run(s)!!

Hi Judy - smart idea to stay in today!!  I love your attitude, I need to remember it, I have been psyching myself out lately before I run and I know I just need to start moving!  Channeling my inner Judy!!

Sue - have fun tomorrow!!

Tessa - enjoy Texas, I would love to go there someday.  Nice run and I totally laughed about the continuous uphill loop 

Hi Damaris - yeah for the day off!

Karen - I love my quiet mornings!

Kat - is tomorrow your last work day at the other place?  I've been off the board all week but I think you were planning on staying at your current place?

Hi Ginny!  I loved the pic of your DH on Facebook, very tall and distinguished!!

Cathy - I bet your girls were so happy for a snow day!  We get a lot of them and still my kids are excited lol!

Sandy - I'll have a drink with you!!  Oh boy on the stinky guy, Idk what I would do, such a touchy subject.  I"ll have to go back and ready about what's going on.  Have a great weekend!

Elina - I love the new profile pic!  Wow, I remember those days of not sleeping with babies.  You are amazing (I didn't work when mine were little so I could at least rest/nap the next day).  Enjoy that beer, Girl!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Laura, glad you can get through the run, at least, without assues. I haven't posted about the run last Sunday morning which involved such a miserable incident that I wound up throwing the underwear I was wearing in the trash can of the convenience store bathroom tied up in a plastic bag. No way was I going to put that back on nor was I going to wash it and carry it with me.

Cathy, Long Beach used to have an inline skate race as part of the marathon. It did not work well, partly because this was the starting time schedule:

6:00 AM Bicycle race

6:30 AM Marathon/Half Walkers

6:45 AM Marathon/Half Runners

7:00 AM Inline Skaters

7:30 AM 5K

Yes, they all started at the same place.

Yes, all events used the same course (with halfies and 5Kers looping back earlier).

Yes, everything except the 5K was on the bike path, 14' of concrete with soft sand on both sides, for miles 6-9 of the course.

Yes, everyone was told to park in the same lot.

So....

Yes, the bicyclists got there first and took all the close parking spots even though they could BIKE to the start line.

Yes, the runners were elbowing the walkers out of the way.

Yes, the skaters were trying to get past crowds of runners and walkers.

Yes, there were walkers proceeding down the bike path 4 abreast with the runners unable to pass them because they didn't want to run on sand.

Yes, the 5Kers got there and found the closest parking spots were in the next county.

Yes, the marathoners finished and then had to walk half a mile to their cars.

and YES, this was the last time they structured the start that way!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, sorry about the miserable incident. Been there, done that on a long run in winter, no less with layers of clothes.

KATS, the hair turned out really well. My hair gal put on a plastic bag and warmed up the area with a dryer. It's lighter! I'm pleased!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles, didn't make the foot any worse. So glad it's Friday, I'm beat.

Arimathea, was the bike/run/walk/blade event an out and back course? That just sounds like a mess

Happy FriYAY!  I was hoping for another government shutdown so I could have a long weekend, but it only lasted for a few hours in the middle of the night. Those people in DC can’t even do a shutdown right!    Ran 6.4 this morning. Another beautiful day here. Planning on around 10 miles tomorrow then volunteering at a trail race (more freebies!).

Lizzie, you have nailed your workouts this training cycle!  Hope you are feeling confident and good about your race.

Seloc, re stinky guy, so hard to know what’s going on. Maybe he’s living out of his car and can’t afford to wash his clothes or self?  Maybe he’s just a clueless turd with no regard for personal hygiene?   What Did you decide to do?

Lizzie, Judy -I just made a haircut appt for next week. Doing highlights and low lights. So excited!  It’s way overdue.

CrazuSue, although I have a desk that can be raised and lowered, it’s usually in the lower position.  

DHuff, lunch out with cupcakes, yum!

Lisa, safe travels back!  Watch out for that hard stuff. 

Ginny, yeah lack of appetite is not something I’m familiar with.

Kilmisters, um "love for work" is also not something I'm familiar with.

Laura, glad you can get through the run, at least, without assues. I haven't posted about the run last Sunday morning which involved such a miserable incident that I wound up throwing the underwear I was wearing in the trash can of the convenience store bathroom tied up in a plastic bag. No way was I going to put that back on nor was I going to wash it and carry it with me.

Tessa, not making light of your assues at all, but I believe term for this is “abandoning ship”.

Back in a sec to finish!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

No, it was not abandoning ship,  it was abandoning shit.

Part II

Hi LC!  I've been a little sporadic about posting too.  Nice job keeping the streak going.

Karen, no sidewalks in TX?  Hmm, did not know that.  Sidewalks are sort of hit or miss around here, but I usually don't run on them.  I hate the way that driveways dip down in the middle of the sidewalk (if that makes any sense).  That sometimes makes me stumble, since I don't pay attention.  Then there's the people on the sidewalks.  And sometimes dogs or kids.

Damaris, lucky you having the day off.  I checked the news when I woke up and saw that the shutdown was a big 'ole nothingburger.

Kat, seems like your doc should have made more clear to you that he was prescribing a different formulation for the meds, but at least you got it straightened out.  A bunny sweater for Tuni?  Pics please!

Turtles, Seloc -- I used to do a little inline skating, but doubt I could have done a marathon.  There is (or at least used to be) an inline skating marathon on the same weekend as the Berlin marathon.  We saw some of the skaters in the Tiergarten park in downtown Berlin.  Wowza, fast.

Kupcakes, nice 7, good that your foot is feeling okay.

Kilmisters, hope your games go well this weekend!

I hope I didn't miss anyone, off to fix dinner!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

OK, so this is Petunia.  Not her bunny costume, but I am trying to figure out how to post a pic...  I am technologically challenged.  I did this from FB, but cannot figure out how to do it otherwise.  Any help??

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I always do pics from FB.  Easiest way to do it.

Damaris