Womens Running

WOOT WOOT Friday! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ahhh....Friday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

12.1 for me. Last 6 at NMP - haha New Marathon Pace. Smile

GREAT run. I had so much on my mind I am sure that is why it was great haha. It was also mid 40's..so it was nice not to have to put on gloves. The last 6 I did between 9:30 and 9:50 - the first mile was tough getting into the zone. Especially since I have not done anything speed work related in weeks. But..I got the hang of it around mile 7. Actually, my watch kept beeping that I was going too fast! Smile Either way I found it uncomfortably comfortable. If that makes sense? Gives me hope for that faster time!

HCBF came home last night unexpectedly. He is a good one - he knows when he needs to be home. Uhm..the conversation wasn't fun. Nothing was accomplished - which is completely fine and I wasn't expecting anything. But I can tell you I feel incredibly guilty. He had said the night before he was talking to a friend of his about how he would propose. I feel like I ruined everything. This is so hard. It almost makes me want to say..fine forget it I can do without those monsters. BUT I can't settle...and I am worried what will happen 3-4 years from now if I do. Hate? Resentment? I feel bad that I didn't want them 6 months ago but can see them in my future now. I think it has a lot to do with my love for him..I know he would be a good dad and I would love to take the adventure with HIM. Not anyone else but with HIM. Ugh. I am just giving him space and letting him process. These are just the crazy thoughts in my head. Tough times. Swollen eyes.

That is my rant. Sorry everyone I know my venting about this issue is old..I am just not all sunshine and flowers right now.

I have to get through this day somehow!

Laura – I think you were overdue for a quiet day at work! OMG I LOVE Vanderpump Rules!!! Doesn’t that start on Monday?! Have you watched Below Deck? That is another really good one.

Sandy – OH MAN you have lots of potential plans this weekend! That is awesome. Sometimes its nice to have busy weekends after some low key ones. Smile I am not sure what we are doing. I am going to the Bizarre Bizarre with a co-worker tomorrow – probably very similar to your European Christmas Market in a way. I am hoping to find some unique Christmas gifts! Not sure what else is on tap…Oh so Santa came early at your house?! That was actually pretty smart. LOL. Oh I was too angry yesterday to speak to these boys..but today..there will be a conversation.

Run4kupcakes – Glad you got the dishwasher figured out! Funny about the lab. I am wondering if they are just drug sniffing dogs or something. They had said they are trained to pick up explosives with their nose. So I have no idea. I guess we will see. We are actually a terrorist target..we hold a lot of financial data on our servers.

Tessa – Good luck on the early run tomorrow! Driveway repair..ughhhh. Not fun

Happy Friday everyone!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE!!!! I hope you have a great day!!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DIANE!   

Thursday I gathered myself together and did 55 minutes down in the park. After that I raked leaves for 30 minutes at DC’s backyard. All the leaves over there are falling at once. Before supper I did 45 minutes of meditation and yoga. My yoga cushion came today and it is perfect for posture. I’m so glad I ordered it.

Today I plan a duplicate of yesterday but a slightly shorter run. More leaves. I also need to do some scheduled weights work for the arms this morning. It’s as though they are getting weaker by the day. :::going to get the weights:::  

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

HUGS Lizzie.  There's nothing I can say that will make you feel better.  It's a big decision, for both of you.  And thanks! for the birthday wishes.  It's so weird, normally I never make a big deal of it as it's just another day really.  This year tho DH actually wanted to get me something and even remembered it this morning.  My scale said Happy Birthday...that made me laugh.  And at work they got me a little goodie bag with some balloons.  Tomorrow DH and I are going to Japanese for birthday dinner.  I'm all smiles today.

Got an hour on the TM last night.  Even ran a little bit.  50k weather is 29/50, mostly sunny with SW winds at 11 mph.  I have fleece lined tights and by all that is holy I will be wearing them.  I'm on the fence as to how this will go, I really just want to be done for the year so I can focus on being ready for 2018.

Judy you have been quite the inspiration for me actually doing my yoga stretches at night.  Thanks!!  And thank you for the birthday wishes!

Anonymous Guest

Happy Birthday Diane!!

As of right now, I'm thinking I'll take another rest day. Still a little off from yesterday. I don't know the last time I took two days off in a row, I guess it's just mega tapering for next weekend's marathon. I did get my Black Friday purchase for myself delivered last night and am oddly extremely excited to try it: https://www.amazon.com/Steamfast-SF-275-Canister-Steam-Cleaner/dp/B0000DBJ2J - I want to clean all the things!

Liz, fantastic run! In my experience, MP pace during training feels hard but not impossible (or uncomfortably comfortable as you put it). You're usually able to hold the pace (although sometimes I can't even do that), but you think "this is hard, how will I able to do this for 26 miles?" but then come race day, when you're all tapered, that same pace feels easy. Well, at first - at some point during the race it starts feeling hard. I'm glad you and HCBF are talking. I know it's hard and scary, but you guys are so awesome together and you both deserve to be happy.

Judy, wow, that's a lot of working out yesterday (I'm counting the leaf raking as an additional workout)!

On the labs as security dogs, I know that some lab puppies that don't make it as guide dogs do make it as bomb-sniffing dogs. I remember walking up to the ferry terminal for the NYC Marathon with my friend that raises puppies, and there were about a dozen cops with labs and she just melted. But I'm with Tessa, I don't see them being a big deterrent to any people because they love all the people. Although Riley barks at people sometimes, especially if they are staying at our house. Every morning the first time they come down the stairs, the get barked at until he remembers they are here and they are supposed to be here (fair warning, Lisa and Kat). But even then, that seems to be more that he just likes barking at things, or if anything, gets scared of something new and he barks when he's scared. Even Jake, who was kind of an asshole, would hop up and down in glee when someone came to the front door.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Thank you Karen.

Damaris I have a TM question for you please.  How do you track your miles when you run on the TM?  Do you use what it says or do you have a Garmin or other device? Lately my Garmin is off by at least .5 mile from my TM.  I calibrated the TM recently so they should be similar.  My TM yesterday showed 3.2 miles but my Garmin 235 showed 2.7.  The pace is way off too.  It was closer before I did the PH and had the battery almost run down but that should not have affected it.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Birthday, Diane!  And Happy December 1st Day!  That is the holiday that DH designated as a celebration for us, he doesn't celebrate Sweetest Day.  He thinks it's a "made-up" holiday and he can make one up just as well.     We will go out to dinner tonight, nothing special, maybe hamburgers!    Did my PF exercises this morning, I'm hoping to run outside tomorrow!  Excitement!  

Lizzie, nice job on the NMP.  I call it DMP, dream marathon pace.    Aww, sweet of HCBF to come home.  I'm sorry that things weren't resolved, but I would have been surprised if they had been!  Don't feel guilty about the way you feel about kids now and that it changed.  It happens!  Better to figure things out now and not down the road.  Yes, I am running every other day now!  So far, so good.  The foot is a little sore after the run but it is fine the day after.  I think that's as good as I can ask for.  DD did wake up when she heard the door close.  But she didn't see me.    You're right, Christmas is a magical time, regardless of Santa.

Judy, you are doing well with the meditation and yoga lately!

Diane, happy birthday again.    Nice job on the TM!  I'm not Damaris , but I am guessing your cadence is slower on the TM than outdoors, which is what Garmin uses to guesstimate your indoor distance and the resulting pace (it uses your cadence on the TM and outdoor stride length).  You can compare your cadence/stride length on Garmin Connect for a TM workout vs outdoors.  I use the TM distance and adjust it on the Garmin website.  I normally just set the TM to a comfortable pace and go with it.     I am guessing that is what's happening, does the pace displayed on the TM feel about right?

Karen, wow, that's a nice purchase.    Too bad you can't come here and clean my things.    I'm glad the procedure went well!  I just found out there is history of colon cancer on my mom's side of the family.  So I suppose I should get a colonoscopy sooner.  But I'm also almost 50 anyway.  

Damaris, the concert looks like it was fun.  My girls love Lady Gaga.  

Laura, I sometimes do the tooth fairy thing in the morning.  Once I went running and forgot.  Oops!  

Sandy, oh yeah, St. Nick's.  We never did that when I was a kid!  Ha, the kids yelled at DH one year when he lit a fire in the fireplace on Christmas Eve.    Haha, your parents were smart.  Our kids are pretty good about staying in their room once they go to bed on Christmas Eve, so they don't scare Santa away!  We use the NASA Santa Tracker to show them where Santa is heading.  

Kupcakes, I read about the earthquake in Delaware!  I assume that is fairly rare for the area?

Tessa, DD once had a tooth come out after she went to bed and didn't tell us.  Then she was wondering why the tooth fairy didn't come.    I told her that it was probably too late, the tooth fairy had already headed out for the night and didn't know about it.  

Happy Friday, all!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Barely slept but Gaga was worth it. I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.  Bugsy ate last night and again this morning, like a trash can.  And I put the antibiotic in the food and the sucker fell for it.

Lizzie, sorry you're going through this.  Hugs.

Judy, enjoy the run and the leaves.

Diane, happy birthday!  I use my TomTom on the TM (it has a TM mode) and although not super accurate, it's way better than the Garmin, plus it can be calibrated after the run is done so I match it to the TM at the end (difference is normally less than 1/4 mile anyway).  I also auto calibrate the TM every so often and based on my experience, it's pretty accurate.  The TomTom also evolves the more you run outside and fixes whatever differences you have between the TM and the TomTom every often.  Which is why I'll never go back to Garmin.  Garmins were never accurate for me on the TM even with the footpod.

Karen, you deserve the extra rest, take it!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cathy, congrats and celebrate well tonight!

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy, thanks!  If I take my distance and time on the TM and calculate pace it's about right whereas the Garmin has me much slower and I know that's not right.  My last outdoor run was the PH and because of my back issue I'm sure my pace was way slower than normal.

Damaris, I'm considering giving my Garmin to my DD since she wants to start training.  Which TomTom do you have?  Glad you had fun at the concert. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

TGIF!

Lizzie, keep breathing.  So, question for you.  What if HCBF says no to kids.  What then?  So you see the monsters in your future.  But you say you only see them with HIM.  Do you end your relationship?  Then there is no chance of kids with HIM - the only one you see them with.  There is also no guarantee you will find someone else worthy of having kids with in the future.  Granted, you are only 30.  But what then?  What if you don't find someone?  Do you not have them at all?  Do you do it on your own through adoption?  As you are waiting on him, I think you need to evaluate you as well beyond the desire and what you are going to do if the answer is no, beyond the devastation you are going to feel.  Do you give up on him in hopes of something as good in your future?  Flip side, do you stay knowing that you almost certainly won't have them?  Will you feel resentment??  I don't envy you with this and wish you all the best.  Good luck finding clarity through this.  XOXO

Judy, you always amaze me with the dedication you have.

Diane, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Sounds like a nice one so far.  Good luck with the TM.

Karen, have fun with your new toy.  Strange, but awesome.  Enjoy your extra "taper" day.

Cathy, you are awesome in continuing the fantasies of Santa/Tooth Fairy, etc...  Kids need that in the face of all the horrid things in our society nowadays.  Keep em kids for as long as possible...  Enjoy dinner.

Damaris, glad you enjoyed the concert, sounded fun.  I bet she puts on one heck of a show. Yay for Bugsy.

Got up late with lots to do this morning.  Since I am going out right after work I need to get ready for the race tomorrow now.

Katie Kitty is sounding much better.  Still snotty, but improved.  X-rays are scheduled for Tuesday if she will tolerate them without sedation.  I am not keen on sedation at this current time.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Hola, peeps!  So happy it's almost the weekend!  Busy morning.  Bossman and one team member are out.  Other team member is useless - yep, being very blunt here.  He was promoted to our group 10 months ago and is not even close to performing at the level he should be.  I could care less except when it impacts ME haha.  Le sigh.  TRX/Bells class this morning.  Felt a bit tougher than usual but probably just because we didn't have class last week.  Will run short tomorrow and longer Sunday.  Weather still holding warm!!  Bottom will fall out in a week.  Gotta enjoy this while we can.  Meteorological winter starts today - happy we don't have snow, yet!!

HCK - wow on the earthquake!  Glad you got the dishwasher sorted.  What a pain but nice to have it resolved.  Hey, I like that more miles than degrees club!  I actually hadn't heard of that.  But, yep, I'm a member - multiple times over LOL

Tessa - thanks for the tip on the Jr productions - makes sense.  Since I've never seen Beauty and the Beast I doubt I will notice a difference.  Hooray for a vacation day!  No doubt you have it jam packed   Hope you had a great run already this morning!!

Lizzie - awww, sweet girl!  Big hugs to you.  Vent here all you want - we are your friends.  And friends listen!  So happy HCBF came home last night but sorry the conversation was tough.  I really am very confident things will work out for the best!  I haven't even met you but can feel your love for each other from here.  Awesome run, speedy girl!  You crack me up how much you dislike your gloves LOL.  Have fun at Bizarre Bizarre!  I bet it is similar to the Christmas Market.  I will go to look and drink the mulled wine cuz Grinchy Scrooge doesn't do gifts LOL

Diane - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  Glad you are having a surprisingly awesome day!!  Okay, I'm just going to throw out a little sass here - but in the grand scheme of things does it REALLY matter if you went 2.5mi or 3mi??  Is a half a mile REALLY going to impact your training or your calorie burn or whatever ones reason is for walking/running?  LOL sorry.  Just my old school take on the whole thing.  But, you do what works for YOU!!  

Karen - girl, you deserve another day of rest.  For SURE great taper for your marathon next week!  And, you will need the extra energy to clean all the things!  I had to chuckle because I TOTALLY do that - if I take a rest day on a weekend day I am SUPER productive around the house haha

Cathy - awwww, happy you and DH day!  I love that he made up a day - that cracks me up.  Ah yes, the NASA Santa tracker - never had that when we were kids!  Glad the foot continues to behave and WOOHOO for an outdoor run this weekend!!  Get it in before the Siberian cold descends next week.

Damaris - glad you had fun at Lady Gaga!  Super happy that Bugsy seems to be doing better, too.  Oh, yeah, I meant to comment the other day - 5!!!!! kit kats!!  That cracked me up but I also find it totally awesome.  Do they all get along?

Kat - oof, hard questions for Lizzie but I 100% agree with everything you threw out there!  Tough tough things to think about and decide for SURE.  Glad to hear improvement with Katie Kitty!  I must have missed what you are up to this evening but I hope you have fun!!  And GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!

Back to the grind and incessant emails...

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat, thanks!  You bring up good points.  One way I've discovered with hard decisions are the 5 Whys.  Why do I feel this way, why does it matter, why is this a big deal, why say no, why say yes....they can be configured for any situation (I use them for audits too).  And they always lead to good discussions, altho they can be painful.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy thanks!  You bring up a good point but yes it does kind of matter.  Right now, no as I'm in my "off" season but if I want to break that 12 hour 50k time then I need either more miles or way more time on feet at a faster pace.  And in a way it's demotivating to see I'm at a 23 min mile per my Garmin.  I know that I'm faster than that darnit.