Womens Running

Motor Monday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Anonymous Guest

Feel better Margaret! You have had more than your fair share of being sick lately.

Kathryn, sorry for the crappy day. But what a cutie!!!

Diana, good to see you! Nice job on the race, sounds beautiful.

Tessa, what great news for DSBF! I bet he's awfully proud of himself, and with good reason. I don't think I'd have the motivation to get up that early for a race, but I know you've done that kind of thing before and raced well.

Damaris, nice outside run! Hoping the "cold" weather sticks around for you more this winter.

HCK, that sounds frustrating. I'd have probably given up too. At least you got some strength training in!

Kathy, some day I'm going to be swimming for my xt, some day. Nice job.

Yes, this weekend, DH, Riley and I plan on getting in a rental minivan for about 16 hours of driving - headed to Cape Coral. Minivan for room for dog and bicycle. Not really looking forward to it, or spending a week with the in-laws, but I'm sure it won't be awful. Riley hasn't done any long car trips yet, but is fine on shorter ones. And sleeps a good bit during the day, so hopefully will do okay. Only thing that might be hard is that we're planning on stopping part way, and he barks at every little thing. That might be problematic in a hotel.

So I volunteered at packet pickup last Friday for the half marathon I ran yesterday. My running club is a sponsor of the race so we provided all the manpower for three days of packet pickup. What I learned after the fact was that the RD then gave our club six free entries to next year's race. The club drew names of all the packet pickup volunteers and I won a free entry for next year's race! That was a nice surprise.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Huron Heart, nice swim!

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, I came close to a nasty fall when a twit with headphones on stopped in the middle of a very crowded 5K to tie her shoelace. Didn't even move to the side of the road and had no idea that there were people close behind her.

Karen, yay on the free entry! Hope you are booked into a hotel that is pet friendly.

Kat, sorry you could not save the patient, however I'm sure there are many you have saved.

Kathy, good for you on the swimming. Better than most of us can do. Swimming is something one does when the alternative is drowning. (Sorry, Carol, Susan, and other tri-ers...)

Diane, how nice of DH to say you can go wherever. And nice of you to consider him also.

We have two cats in cones of shame because they have been play fighting and have cuts on their faces/ears. Cones to try to keep them from opening the scabs again. They are not happy at all!