Womens Running

Fresh Tuesday (dailies) (Read 22 times)

Kilmisters

My favourite team getting eliminated from NHL playoffs = positive impact on sleep!!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Tessa, I can assure you that lots of beer and chips in shopping cart also draws male attention. Even more than ladder, I believe. There. I just had to say it.

Back to work!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.2 for me! Body pump tonight!

Run was ok. Not the best but not the worst. I was half asleep during the first part..second half went pretty well! I managed to beat the rain! It started once I got home. I won't be that lucky tomorrow Sad I have anxiety about tomorrows run...just because its long and its hard (thats what she said). It will be waarrmmm and humid. So I will welcome the rain!

Last night I went to the gym and started some ab machines. I lost interest after 2 minutes - haha. The gym was doing premiere night on all of the classes. They were doing 30 minutes of each as a "preview". I decided to do the "Fight" premiere since it was only 30 minutes and its a good ab workout. WHOOPED MY BUTT. It was very cardio heavy so I probably should have just stuck to the ab machines. I forgot I had run 11 miles that morning! Opps. BUT Body Pump is a new routine tonight so I am looking forward to that!

Docket – Is it okay to hate Mon-Fri? LOL. YAY for outside run.

Laura – Awesome run in some awesome weather!! Glad I am not the only one that does loops! Sometimes I do my neighborhood loop 3x to get to 10.

Run4kupcakes – Woohoo on the race sign up! I did not realize MD varied by county on alcohol. I want to say I have bought some booze at the gas station when we were at Deep Creek Lake. I think that’s McHenry county? I forget now. My uncle used to own a cabin up there.

Lisa – I am so happy for you and that soon enough this chapter will be closed and behind you! Time to start fresh. From the time I have known you, this was a long time coming. I am so happy you are happy now!! Smile You deserve it. 65 minutes on the elliptical!? More power to you girl. Awe, that race sounds like fun! Had to laugh about the finish line spread! LAME. Your um friend? HMMMM. Wink I have never been to a distillery but have always wanted to go. Sounds like a fun weekend! A 50K this weekend?! Good lord!!!

Kilmisters – I haven’t been watching the Caps because I don’t want to be disappointed with their usual…NO SHOW attitude in the playoffs. But I did see that they advanced! Yay! I am still not going to watch though…

HCBF is off to the beach today. He will be home Fri-Mon until the transition is complete. I like the only two nights away Smile I may run home and let Ruger out around lunch time since I have a 10 hour day. I usually take him to daycare Tuesdays but he would have hated it since its raining.

I have so many emails to go through..Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Good Morning!! Walked the dogs and ran 3. I still feel kinda wiped out but improving.

Lisa---I was in Seattle and then had a colossal allergy meltdown.  I did not go outside for 2+ weeks. Just getting over it.

No grandbaby yet.  Sounds like they will induce her Thursday morning if little Ann Marie doesn't get moving.

Lizzie--I don't know how you can do two workouts daily on a regular basis. They would have to peel me off the floor!

Have a great day!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, I resemble a raccoon at times. I love it! Our chipmunks have just come out of hibernation. I saw 2 on the trail.

Arimathea, how neat about your attention over the ladder! Actually, that makes perfect sense.

Also, I have been told that women who exhibit very independent behavior are attractive to guys. The ladder would definitely send that message. Sweaty women having just worked out also are more attractive. Honest!

Seloc, some years ago the state liquor store (building was being torn down) was moved to a neighborhood grocery which had recently gotten a license for same. For a while after it opened again, there were weird guys who would peek at women from the ends of the aisles. It seems that was what they had been doing at the old liquor store to find dates. Fortunately, they were stopped by the manager of the grocery.

Monday warmed up early so I dashed to an errand and then stopped off at another entrance to the trail. It was a good 60 minutes and I got to see 2 old friends as well. Volunteer work for 2.5 hours after that, then cookout at DC’s.

Today I plan a trail run even with the rain. I’m going to dash right now since it hasn’t rained yet. I'm going to dash out there since the rain has not started yet.

Safe and happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Lisa after seeing the buzzard there was no way I was quitting.  I got mad after a while and just kept moving forward.  Had to stop a few times and stretch my back but nothing like PH.  As for blisters...my shoes were soaked all day but I had on my injinji socks and since I switched to them I've not had a blister.

Where on earth are you people shopping that guys show "interest" in your carts? Since I shop Sunday mornings at 8 am and there's like 3 people in the store I'd be concerned about that kind of interest.  Course I usually have bananas in the child seat portion. And I've perfected the "GO away" vibe quite well.

Altho to think of it guys at these events do come talk to me.  So maybe having a race bib is attractive too...lol.

Lizzie, I'm going to develop a saying that I can just copy and paste "nice run!"  I was thinking of you Saturday during the few little run portions I did.  You are very inspirational.

In fact at one point or another I thought about each one of you as you gave me inspiration in so many different ways.

Sue, glad you are feeling better.

Tessa, how's the cough?

Elina my next 50k is May 5th too...Cinco de Mayo...hope there are tacos.

R4k, yay on the race sign up.  OK has some weird laws regarding alcohol...used to be you couldn't get full strength beer here so we'd go to MO.  They recently changed the law to allow it but still have weird ones about buying cold beer.  AR has dry counties too.

Hi everyone!

Gym this morning for 45 minutes of upper body and ad work.

Elina-sorry to hear the team was "elimined"... but yeah for sleep!

Lizzie-LOL at falling asleep during your run.

Sue-glad to hear you're feeling better now.

Diane-I did laugh when I read about the buzzard. I can picture you saying that! It's awesome that we all gave you inspiration.  It does work! And on your next 50k... may the fourth be with you.

Lisa

Seloc

No run yet for me.  Work called last night and I could NOT get back to sleep.  Super annoying.  Especially since I swear the guy just called to talk.  I didn’t really “help” him.  Sigh.  Hoping the warm weather will motivate me this afternoon.

MMR – you’re almost freeeeeeeeeeee!  Hang in there.  Sounds like a fun weekend in KY.  Especially the distillery and brewery!  Um ewwwww on the sandwiches left out all day.  Good call avoiding that.  Mighta cut into your drinking.  Good luck next weekend!!

HCK – oh man, I would LOVE to be able to buy wine at the gas station!

Laura – gonna channel you this afternoon for some miles.  Hoping the warm weather helps.  Sorry work is so rough still – it’s been a long time!

Lizzie – yep, planning 20 for Saturday.  Trying to decide between an out and back or an out and Uber home.  Goodness your workout schedule exhausts me.  Hope you are eating lots!  But, OMG on all your loops!  I could never.  I would be too tempted to quit.  Hence the out/back or just out.

Kat – high five for 6 miles!  Glad it felt good, too.  Hope you had a nice relaxing day off yesterday.

Cathy – look at you bouncing back so well!  Makes me HAPPY to see that.

Elina – you sure deserved a rest day yesterday!  Glad you are feeling fresh haha

Tessa – laughing at the ladder purchase.  Off to Lowes I go!  Haha, not really.  One day the other week I popped in to buy Mirlax for the cat and grabbed myself a small box of Milk Duds.  It crossed my mind that the cashier probably thought I was going home to binge and purge.

Diane – nice RR

Karen – wow, you’ve been in TX three years already??  Time sure flies.  Good luck with your projects.  Hope the weather is nice for the outdoor stuff!

Judy – okay, I’m going to have to disagree.  I’ve VERY independent and have been accused of such as being not an attractive quality.  Perhaps I should move to an area where it is appreciated.  Oh yum.  A cookout sounds SO good!  Hope you get some good time on the trail before the rain!

Anonymous Guest

Heading out shortly for somewhere around 6 easy miles. It's warming up so I should go right now, but second cup of coffee and all. DH went downtown for a few days of meetings and is staying the next two nights, so Riley and I are on our own. Not much planned, but with this weather I think some lying in the hammock reading is going on the agenda.

Kathryn, hooray for best run in a long time! Reading that yesterday made me smile. And I think switching to the 25K at Pinelands is a good idea - go out there and have fun.

Diane, I second Liz on dealing with back problems. Core. When I was doing Pilates regularly was when I first was able to finish marathons and ultras without back pain towards the end. Of course, now that I've gotten lazy about that, I've noticed my lower back starting to hurt towards the end of longer races.

HCK, probably the right decision on the sooner race. Even though a lot of places haven't had much spring, summer is coming and it's probably coming soon.

I'm with Diane on where do you people shop for groceries? Then again, I go on weekday mornings with all the other old people. I do get more "attention" when I go to someplace like Lowes or Home Depot, I guess.

Elina, I just noticed your signature line and it made me laugh. Since I have no interest in hockey, I'll just go with if you're happy, I'm happy.

Liz, I will sometimes do one-mile loops in my neighborhood. I think 6 is as many as I've done. As much as my neighbors complain about the neighborhood next to ours, it is nice to be able to run their streets too - otherwise my small neighborhood would get really old really fast. I don't know what your planned run is for tomorrow, but if it's warm and humid, just remember your body isn't really used to it yet, so it's okay to slow down. Effort, not pace, especially when you're going from happy winter runs to summer slugfest runs.

Susan, good to see you feeling better and getting back out there. Exciting on the grandbaby!!

Judy, hope you got that run in before the rain.

Lisa, good to see you back here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Sandy, either an out/back or an out/Uber home.....have you ever Ubered out and run home?

Diane, a fb friend just posted this article and I thought it was interesting as we've talked a bit about time vs distance training: https://trainright.com/ultramarathon-training-time-required/

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 with 2 @ MP tonight.

I shouldn't have run in Altras and outside last night (maybe one but not the other).  My heel/Achilles is now unhappy.  Normally running in Hokas (Bondis) helps with that, so I'll be doing the MP miles in clunky heavy shoes tonight and ask to do the foot corrector at Pilates to help with this shit.

Elina, well, thinking positively, I guess sleep is better?

Liz, nice run. Not sure how you are not asleep during the whole run.  I couldn't start at 2am to be able to run pre work.  Fuck no.

Susan, nice 3.  Glad you are feeling a tad better.

Judy, enjoy the trail run.

Lisa, nice workouts.

Diane, yeah, I didn't get that about the carts.

Sandy, ugh.  Hoping you get some sleep and a run.

Karen, enjoy the 6.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen I saw that article and am making my way through reading it.  As for core, sigh, I need to stop being lazy about it. Last year I was so good about going to the gym but once winter hit I quit going.  Hell I have a small gym with a rower at home that would help tons but can't bring myself to use it.  So tonight...after my walk...I WILL go up and row!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, sorry about your team, but man, sleep is a wonderful thing.

Lizzie, glad HCBF is going to be home more, and eventually ALL THE TIME!  June will be here before you know it.  Makes me smile for you.

Sue, best to DD and Ann Marie, somehow I missed this was happening.

Judy, hope you stayed dry!

Diane, funny about the buzzard.  Sometimes getting mad can get you through.  Glad for no blisters.  Hoping for none on my half, there is a stream crossing or two.

Lisa, I keep peeking at your name on FB hoping to see the change!!!  Soon.  Glad KY was fun.

Sandy, how annoying you couldn't go back to sleep.  Hope the warm weather indeed is motivational.  You must be loving it after such a long and horrid winter.

Karen, hope the 6 were nice and not too warm.  TX is warming up.  i don't like getting up early, so I am getting used to starting at 70.

Damaris, bummer about the shoes.

TMI, but a bit ago I bought a new robe online.  Looked cute, but I just pulled it out of the dryer and lo and behold it shrunk.  Sadly it doesn't fully cover my entire booty anymore.  PLEASE don't let the neighbors see cause I am too lazy to change....

My day off was lovely.  Lots of sitting around after my run - and nap.  It was a beautiful day out so I was on the porch for most of it. I did go to the store - GROCERY - and bought some salmon and asparagus and had a nice dinner with leftovers for tonight.  Not really into salmon for lunch before work.

Messaged the RD about starting the 50K and dropping to the 25K halfway through, he said that was fine.  If I drop to the 25K before, and felt enthusiastic, I would be mad at not having the foolish opportunity.  I KNOW in my heart/head/body I won't do it, but taking away the opportunity seems defeating, I don't want a "what if."  Does that make any sense??

I am going to Hell (Michigan) in September for Woodstock, so I will again have the opportunity for a 50K.  Eventually I will get one done.

Seems as everyones weather has FINALLY warmed up, though some rain is happening.  Enjoy.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat you WILL get one done.  I thought after PH and then Prairie Spirit I would never finish one again and I use the term "finish" loosely to describe the train wreck that PH was.  Saturday there were multiple times I cried out of frustration but eventually ended up angry that my back was still hurting me.  I hate that damn deer now with every fiber of my being.

I'm still thinking of other TX races I can do maybe next year...Coyote and Possums Revenge sound fun.

Kilmisters

Lizzie, see, this is the thing that I don't understand about morning - how do you avoid running into a tree or smth during first few miles? I am not even joking. Ugh on tomorrow's weather.

Sandy, guy called to talk? At what ungodly hour, if it disrupted your sleep?

Kat, your train of thought certainly makes sense. I am sure you'll do fine. What's the weather forecast?

Karen, every single word in that signature line is true. Coffee before running? How do you people do this? My stomach would hate me for that.

10k work-home. Windy. Rain. This weather is A LOT better than heat. Friend called somewhere at 3rd km, so lots of random talk and people thinking I am chatting w myself until noticing the earphones Big grin