Womens Running

Boxing Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

For Tessa...boxing day.

http://www.businessinsurance.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=CB&Date=20140114&Category=PHOTOS&ArtNo=114009999&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=6

Piece about a person who is up for fraud charges because he ran a marathon....after an injury claim settlement for a car accident paid to fictitious doctors.  Fun within insurance! Guess that's also for Tessa.

Linda-I'm up and its 4am here... you better be next!

Cindy-we took dd when she was around 8 or so... LOVED it!!!  If it's near any of their bday let them know.  There are special pins.  Also for first time ever attendees.  Special pins mean you sometimes get singled out for special treatment.  Or if it had been more than 10 years or something like that.  Do some research, there are lots of ways to be money smart at the park. I remember saving money by not getting the kid plate with her food each time.  We also researched in park food options and learned which walk up places had same food as the way more expensive sit down places.   We skipped the park jumper type of pass to save money and it reduced anxiety.. we were in ONE park per day.  Kind of nice since it made you also go to some of the less (ha) popular attractions which can be some of the most memorable. I don't do big roller coaster type rides so was the "runner" and went from one ride to another getting the timed passes or whatever they were called. Fireworks from right in front of the castle (we got trapped there by parade set up) were the BEST even though we thought we'd be too close. Perfectly framed castle.  You'll have a blast!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was 60 minutes on the track and a fast walk with coach. We should be unloading boxes today at work so I will do a short cardio at home after possibly staying over. Ready for the boxes. Maybe.

Happy runs, All!  Namaste

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Speaking of Disney...http://www.runnersworld.com/fun/disney-acquires-badwater-135

Cindy, I think your kids will love Disney!  I may try your method on the elliptical. I may have had the resistance too high.

Have a great day, everyone!

LC Runs

Morning, ladies

Nothing too exciting - 3.5 on the TM and 2.5 minutes of planks.

Lisa - glad they're busting that guy, what a jerk.  You'd think he'd have thought people could easily trace him through race results.

Judy - I think unloading all those boxes counts as cardio and weights!

Camille - have a great day, yourself!

From yesterday:

Camille - let me know how the recipe turns out with the substitutions!

Cindy - ohhh, Body Attack sounds much like Fusion, the class I take - it's a great workout

Tessa - I need to get my kids back to Disney, we went when they were really too young to enjoy it and the youngest has never been.

Ginny - great 3!

Linda - soooo, did you get up early???

annieSusan

The temp was above freezing on Monday, so after scoping out the ice conditions, I found a non-icy spot on campus to run outdoors. Hooray for an outdoor run in the sunshine! I decided to do a couple of hill repeats, and halfway up the hill a fox trotted across the street in front of me. That's the first time in my life that I have seen a fox in the city. Very cool.

Yesterday the temps fell, and there was a freezing mix and then snow, so it was back to the gym. Yoga yesterday, elliptical and bike coming up today. I went out to shovel just now, and it is quite cold.

Good runs, all!

annieSusan

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I ran 8.3 miles this morning and really felt pretty good, even though my upper body is quite sore from yesterday's class. Now I'm sitting here avoiding getting started on a major writing project.

Tessa - yes, DS1 is 11, so he already qualifies as a Disney "adult." We figured that this is really the right time to do it - DS1 is still young enough to enjoy it, and DS3, who will turn 7 just before the trip, will be old enough to (mostly) hold his own. We never wanted to go when they were really young and drag whiny toddlers around.

Lisa - thanks for the tips! We're staying in a suite, since there are 5 of us, and it has a min-fridge, so we're planning on breakfast in the room, and taking lunch into the park at least some of the days. We have 5-day passes - Disney has a promo right now where you get a free day if you buy at least a 4-day pass - so we'll get to double up on one of the parks. We're not doing the park hopper either.

Camille - I definitely start with low resistance - at 4 on the machines I use - and go up to 7 or 8, depending on how long I'm going for.

Laura - the class was definitely a good workout, and the upper body stuff is good for me, as I'm not inclined to do it on my own.

AnnieSusan - we have a fox that lives in a neighborhood nearby, so I see it every now and again. I will run right across the road in front of me!

I bought new shoes today - Brooks Ravenna 5's. They are VERY bright - turquoise with orange and lime green accents! I needed new Superfeet inserts too, so I was very glad for the $25 rewards voucher, plus the $25 complimentary voucher from the store owner.

Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

Sitting here debating whether to register for the Cleveland Half in May, price increase tonight.  So wish you didn't have to sign up for these races so far in advance to save money.....Bad morning at work, wish I weren't a stress eater, all I want to do is open a bag of something salty and crunchy!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

SugarLand

Ginny - What size running shoe do you wear? I have a pair of Newton's that I do not like I have only wore them twice - size 7 1/2 -would sell them at a good price

Hope everyone is have a great day - the weather in Houston is just beautiful - low 40 high 65 great running weather - Houstom Aramco Half is Sunday the forecast is another beautiful day - hopefully my body will respond so I can have a great run

It's taper week for me I have another very easy run tomorrow and that's it until Sunday - hard not to run with the temps being so perfect

Hi to all

BBL

ginnyb

sugarland...how nice of you, but I wear at least a 9 in running shoes!  Thanks for the offer though.

Ginnuy

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, two busy days at work and hardly any posting.  I have not run in two days, the first because I was resting from the marathon, and the second because I had a severe case of acid reflux yesterday.  7 miles planned for tonight.

Lisa, what a moron, that guy!

Judy, nice workouts!

Camille, I thought Mark's article was hilarious.  But some people did not get it.

LC Runs, nice run. Body Attack sounds to me like Body Snatchers.

Annie, yay for running outdoors.

Cindy, nice run.  Good luck with the writing project.

Ginny, do it!

Sugar, good luck this weekend.

Have a great day!

Damaris

camille2

Demaris,  I thought some of the comments were also pretty funny. My dau would definitely be in for a Tinkerbell hydration pack.   Too bad the Badwater director sounded a little ticked.

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

I have decided to take a mostly rest week. I haven't run since the marathon Sunday. I just feel like my body could use a break, and Boston training starts soon (I am just doing a 12 week plan).

Cindy, I think your kids are the perfect age for Disney. My nephew that is almost 5 was tall enough for all but a few of the rides. You'll have a blast. We ended up eating breakfast at the condo most days, then taking snacks for lunch (I swear there are people in my family that never get hungry, I was pretty much starving all the time, but they were all good). It was nice we had a full kitchen, so we ended up each taking a night and cooking dinner for everyone. Having just been there, I'd say my two favorite rides were Soarin' at Epcot (not scary or fast at all, but really cool) and the roller coaster at Hollywood Studios. Epcot was probably my favorite park, although I didn't make it to Animal Kingdom (except for running through it during the marathon). My brother and his wife with the 5 year old did Animal Kingdom and that was their least favorite. Whatever park you go to, if you want to go on a popular ride, send someone to get fast passes as soon as you get there. The two big rides at Hollywood Studios were out of fast passes by noon. I'm no Disney expert, but if you have any questions, I can try to answer since I was just there.

Let me know what you think of the Ravenna 5s. I really like the 4s, and I heard there were some pretty big changes, so I'm worried.

Ginny, good to see you getting back out there. I think someone mentioned Hokas the other day. I hear more and more people all the time trying them and loving them. People with feet problems especially seem sold on them.

I was keeping up with the forum on vacation and when I got back, but I can't remember all the stuff I wanted to say. I didn't have much online time in Florida. Not much reading time either - I currently have 5 books on my Kindle from the library (I am on the waiting list for a bunch of books, and they are all now becoming available). I need to start reading!

I also need to do RRs. I realized I never did one for Hoover Dam, and now I have Disney too. Guess I better get off of here and start either reading or writing tonight!

Hi to all, am trying to get back into the swing of things.....more personals tomorrow!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Early meeting so the 330 am run didn't happen. I actually got up but after a little while decided I just wasn't feeling it. This freedom of not running as much during recovery is nice. I do miss all the runs so my going back to 6 to 7 days is coming.

Tessa. Quincy is very perceptive. The stuff these guys figure out is kinda amazing.

Cindy I pick up the new car on Friday. I'm excited.

Hi everyone. I'm tired so just not doing much tonight  I was at the meeting then had to go do training. I'm not turning the computer on tonight.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Thanks Lisa for that link! If he's the Lawrence Herman who's on marathonguide.com, Fredericksburg MD, age 47, then he did 5 marathons last year, Disney, Baltimore, Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia, Air Force. I might add that his best time was 5:41.

Silly idiot.

Cindy, good suggestions from others. Check out mousesavers.com also, and sign up  for their newsletter -- there are a lot of tips and discounts linked there. I agree completely on bringing breakfast foods and eating in your room if you aren't at a place that includes breakfast. The Publix near Downtown Disney is a good store to pick up basics at. And wander through the "gourmet foods" aisle and giiggle at the British foods included there. Somehow I don't think of Weetabix and Ribena as gourmet.

Judy, I hope the boxes are not too onerous.

Camille, at least you won't slip on ice on the TM.

AnnieSusan, a run outside -- good for you!

Ginny, salty crunchy sounds good right now. And it's not just registering early to save money, it's registering early to get in at all. RN's DH was looking at signing them up for Big Sur the day it opened, he texted RN to ask if she wanted to, she texted him back that yes she wanted to run it, he went to register them and it had already sold out. I miss hte days when most races could be signed up for even on expo day.

Vicki, good luck at Houston! Hmm. How much do you want for the Newtons? I wear a 7 or 7 1/2.

Hi Karen! Yes, please do race reports. I wish I had been able to join you for Hoover.

Marjorie, exciting, new car -- what are you getting?

Damaris, I thought the Badwater spooof article was hilarious too, but it appears some people were not amused.

Crummy run this morning. I was woken at 12:30 and again at 3 AM by DH in the shower, he forgot he had taken one a few hours ago and climbed in again. And he is a noisy showerer. I think we may have to turn off the water at night and I don't want to do that, we usually set the dishwasher to start at midnight rather than running it during the day and I frequently leave the washer going when I go to bed. So crawled out for a slow miserable 3.2 miles. Then at lunch I had a run fail, left my shoes upstairs, so did the ET for an hour in sock feet followed by a few minutes of barefoot running on the TM. I am SO not a minimalist runner. Bah.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Daisy collapsed after a weird meow and peed herself.  She was hospitalized and the vet tells us not to be surprised if she dies tonight.  She was one of the two that was ill so I'm sad because she had improved a lot since last week and was supposed to get discharged from all meds tomorrow.  I hope she makes it.

Damaris