Womens Running

Unusual XT Friday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

Rest day in training plan, but I'll get my fair share of cross-training today Smile Since we have the summer solstice celebrations this weekend (MidSummer Fest; hhhuuge deal here), which is an intense period for retail, office workers will help out the stores today evening. I picked my local store a mile from home, from 5-9pm and will help out restocking the beer/soda/juice/water shelves as masses of people will inevitably storm over those, as it happens every year on Friday eve before the fest. I expect 4hrs of non-stop ''how can it be empty again, I just brought it from warehouse!!!!'' Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Sue, wow, just 30 days out? Exciting! The RSVP issue is frustrating. How many ppl will you have to call if things don't change till 6/30?

Kat, is it possible your colleague has anemia? Passing out for 5-10mins doesn't sound too normal.

Lizzie, headache must be at least 90% related to moms call. Was she at least reasonable in her advice/worries/questions?

Cathy, did I miss smth? Why are all your runs time not distance based? And not, say, 20 or 30min, but 29.. Smile Hopefully FIL feels better today and doesn't see spies around him.

Karen, get some rest after the  travel! As for pace range altert, if you put it to instant pace not avg lap pace, only then it buzzes all the time.

TGIF!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Discovered benefit of retirement: your handwriting will probably improve. It is because life slows down and you can finally write in a leisurely fashion. It works! You can try slowing down more in the meantime. Even a little bit helps.

Thursday I just got started running and ran into a running buddy. We joined forces and did the whole park area for 40 minutes. She is tall so it is a good chance for me to work harder. I need that!

After the run I went off to Dick’s and bought another pair of Adrenalines that the toe will tolerate. The same color shoes have the same wider toe. I’m so pleased! (My teal pair has a slightly narrower toe box.)

Today I plan to see if it’s going to thunder. Getting cloudy right now. If so, I’ll run inside. Depends.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.1 for me.

This morning did no go as planned. I was planning on 16..woke up at 2:30am and it was storming out. I went back to sleep and woke up at 3:30..still storming. It stopped around 4:15. I managed to get 10 miles in but wishing those stupid storms weren't around because I had an awesome run. I think because it was downpouring Smile IT FELT SO GOOD!!! I was really trying to get in 50 miles this week. I MAYYY do 6 later this afternoon if I am in the mood. BUT..if not, then oh well. My training doesn't officially start until Monday so I am not going to be too hard on myself if I don't double it today. I dont have time tomorrow to make up miles because my brother and SIL are coming to town!

Was in a rush this morning and left the house with one eye not having any makeup on it. WTH. I looked like a clown. Is this how today is going to go??? Haha. I am planning on hitting the grocery during lunchtime to break up the day a bit.

OH..I will be able to sign up for Glass City next week! Aka..payday. I have to try and find another Spring marathon. I am thinking maybe VA Beach since it is close.

Susan – OMG. That sounds so stressful!! I am thinking about hiring a wedding planner. Especially the day of. Are you going on a honeymoon?

Cathy – Too bad you don’t live nearby! HCF’s BIL does that as a side job!

Karen – OMG!! I am so sorry for your awful travel day! Sad

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles! OH yeah! Wine! That is always a good gift.

Margaret – We understand you are busy! Have a great time this weekend! I have a feeling you may be a bit relieved when it is over Smile

Kilmisters – Oh wow. Cross training for you indeed today! What else are you up to this weekend? My mom is….I don’t even have words. She means well..but always kinda wants things her way.

Kathryn - YES, I believe we have a date now! October 19, 2019. Our first date was Oct 21..so we were thinking that on the 19th we were probably sitting outside in the courtyard talking until 8pm. That was when he wouldn't ask me out!! Has some meaning Smile We decided on the station but my mom wants to see it one more time. So, next Thursday we are going back. I think they will be putting the deposit down then.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

TGIF!!! Swam this morning.  Shoulder has been bugging me, but after a few laps it loosened up.

Working half day today.  Hoping to paint the front door and the decorative roof above the bay window.  Hoping it will freshen up the house a bit.

Elina--have fun during the solstice celebration. I bet your shift at the store will go quickly.

Karen--ugh! what a nightmare.  I hope you were able to get out on the last flight. I can handle flight delays as long as I do not run out of yarn! If I can sit and knit, I am usually pretty chill.

Lizzie--wow you rock! IDK how you get up so early, run long, and work all day!  My daughter used a wedding planner since it was a destination wedding, and everything went smoothly---very pleasant day. I think I will have others coordinated on the big day so I don't have to do much more than show up. Honeymoon to Key West.  I've always wanted to go, DF has been there several times for work (in port during sea duty) so he has scheduled some fun activities and some relaxing time too.  I just want to relax really.

Judy--glad your toe is better. Sounds like a nice run.

Smile

Seloc

Gatsby - agreed!  $70 is a GREAT deal for a marathon!  If Lizzie signs up next week, I will, too   Hope all goes well this weekend at WS!!

Diane - good luck tomorrow if you are running!!

HCK - did you win the work challenge??  Good motivator, regardless.  Nicely done!  Sushi burrito?  Sounds interesting and totally up my alley!!

Karen - OMG what a HORRIBLE travel day!!  You could have gotten there quicker if you drove!!  Good thing you had a big breakfast burger to keep you fueled for the day.  Was this the trip you were testing the carry-on with Spirit?  Hope you get to sleep in today and the cooler weather allows for an amazing run!!

Lizzie - ugh on your disrupted morning.  Nice job getting in 10 in a downpour!  Girl, just take the step back.  Be rested for marathon training Monday.  50 is just a number.    You had chicken salad at a pizza place??  Silly girl!!  As far as Thai heat - I can do medium usually.  Like 3 out of 5.  Have fun with your bro and SIL tomorrow!  Oh!  I keep forgetting to tell you - I think of you everytime I hear that song Cake By The Ocean and they play it often at the gym.    I love the wedding date and the significance - that's awesome!  10/19/19 has a nice ring to it.

Kat - yes!  Like Cathy mentioned - look at all this conversation you drummed up about checks hee hee.  That's why we need you around   OMG on that fainting girl!  That seems like a LONG time to be out.  I would have been a nervous nelly if I was there - I do NOT do well with medical things.  Hooray for getting your purse back with everything in tact!  Restores faith in humanity.  Super sweet of you to get your neighbor something.  I think $50 gift card is plenty (very generous) or wine/beer if you know the person well enough to know if they drink?

Cathy - scary about your FIL!  Glad he is doing better.  Laughing at you enjoying running in Zone 2 - cuz I totally get it!!  High Zone 3 and I feel like I may die haha.  What's on tap for the weekend?  Nephews knee surgery seems to have gone well.  I just checked in and he's still sleeping.  Headed to PT in a couple hours.  I plan to swing by there later today or tomorrow - my sister is probably headed back home to Bis on Sunday.

TRX/Bells class this morning.  Still trying to go with the heavier weights while not yet marathon training since it wipes me out so much!  Plus I'm still sore from HIIT on Tuesday!  Not much on tap for the weekend.  Have to work a customer test tonight at 8pm - hopefully only takes an hour.  Will run 5-7 in the morning and then working a water stop for the marathon training group.  That's about it!  Hopefully the sun will be out at least some since the last couple weekends have been rainy.  Gramma needs some sunshine on the patio time!!  Happy weekend runner friends!!

Seloc

LOL I missed today's posts!!

Elina - that sounds like some SERIOUS cross-training!  But, fun, too.  Good luck tomorrow!!

Judy - me thinks there are LOTS of benefits to retirement 

Sue - nice swim!  Good luck with the painting.  Hopefully it doesn't aggravate your shoulder.  Oooh, Key West!  I went there for my birthday a few years back.  Drove down from Miami.  SUPER fun!!

Alrighty - best do some work...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates and 4-5 miles.  My flight leaves at 5pm today and I still have not heard about my car, sigh.  I might have to return the rental because the car will be ready in the next 1-2 days (allegedly) and I can't have the rental until Tuesday if so.

Elina, enjoy the rest.

Judy, I can see that.  I am super hyper so it would be nice to see.

Liz, nice 10.  2:30am?  FFS.

Susan, enjoy the half day.

Sandy, nice job on the class.

Damaris

Good morning!  Guess what, we have racers this weekend!

6/23/18 Kilmisters - Ligo 10k, Madona, Latvia
                    6/23/18 DHuffman63 - Angry Bull Sizzling Six Shooter 50k, Carthage, MO
                    6/24/18 Damaris - Bay of Fundy International Marathon

Kilmisters, my DH was showing me live webcam videos from wild bird nests in Latvia.  Big baby black storks and white tailed eagles.  Yes, boring stuff compared to solstice weekend but it's what my DH watches when he has insomnia.  

Lizzie, yay on having a wedding date!

Yes, we might as well sign up for Glass City with the low price now.

Working (darn air quotes keep sneaking in!) from home today.  Busy weekend ahead.  Going to be 100 degrees up in Auburn this weekend. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Good luck Elina, Diane and Damaris!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy afternoon! Glad I made it to the grocery store earlier! It was packed. Of course I forgot some things...how does that always happen? I even had a list!

Ugh, work is driving me crraazzzyyyy!!! May be up for that run later after all Smile

Susan – Key West? Awww that is going to be so much fun!!! Are you going right after the wedding? OH YES you are!!! I remember the fiasco with your boss Smile How exciting! Good luck with all the painting this weekend.

Sandy – Yay for TRX/Bells class! I thought of you this morning..I knew you had that class todaySmile When does your marathon training start? We have a training team for the Richmond Marathon and they have already started! I feel like that is too early. I love the sound of your weekend. You can finish Goliath! OMG…wait until you see some of these episodes. HCF and I are like W.T.F.  Yes yes I need to be OK with the 10. Sigh. Just frustrating because I wouldn’t have ran so far Mon-Weds if I had known! You know me, hard to let things go. If it is raining when I get home it may be too tempting not to just do an easy 6 Smile HCF does 5 for Thai Heat. And let me tell you…he will spend the rest of the night in the bathroom LOL. LOL Cake by the ocean. Smile Hope your nephew is recovering well!

Docket – GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!!!

Margaret – Have fun this weekend!! Thanks for the race reminders Smile Don’t “work” from home too hard over there!

Kilmisters – Good luck tomorrow!!!

Diane – Good luck! Hope everything is okay in your world!

Have a good afternoon everyone!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Lizzie, I bet you got those 6mi after work; it's a perfect evening stress relief if things are frustrating in the office Smile

Sandy, hoping gramma gets the sunshine break!!

Margaret, wow... What is it w the webcams and LV baby storks... Meaning, yes, beautiful nature, but I hear about it all the time, mostly from non-Latvian ppl.

Oh wow, it was XT indeed. Hours of restocking beer shelves; as predicted people were grabbing it like crazy. At one point I helped a guy by getting on the stairs and handing 60 (yes, 60) bottles of a popular local dark beer. Then some shelves were empty literally 10mins after I had restocked them. Crazy leg, arm and butt training. But it was so nice! Store director and workers were extremely kind; surprised and grateful that office workers (my colleague was at the same store yesterday) are willing to help. Now I am home and sipping beer instead of watching others buy it Smile

Not sure about 10k tomorrow. I mean, I will run it, but expectations? Zero.

dhuffman63

Trails

Thanks everyone.  Been busy with the Insurance audit plus we moved into the little house.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Rest day for me today, maybe some strength later.  It was a busy day at work, we had a surprise baby shower for a co-worker.    She was actually surprised.

Elina, good luck on the 10K tomorrow!  You will probably not read this before your race.     Nice that people help out at the stores!  Enjoy the solstice celebrations!  I am following a half marathon plan that is time based.  It is a computer generated plan, thus the odd times.   I do forget sometimes how long I am supposed to run while I am running.  But hey, I also get up before 5 AM.     I programmed the runs into my Garmin, so on the workout screen it will count down.     It's interesting training by time, it makes it easier to plan for how long I will run in the mornings.  I find that I'm not so focused on my pace and more on my effort.  Which is one of the goals of the plan, to learn how to pace yourself for a race and run by feel.

Judy, interesting about the handwriting!

Lizzie, too bad about the weather interfering with your running.  Have you ever used your treadmill?    One of my RB's on Garmin does virtual bike rides on a trainer.  He usually rides a London route.  Today he did Richmond.      Haha on having makeup on one eye!  Did you have makeup with you to fix it?  Yay on a wedding date!  Yes, it is early to start marathon training for a marathon in November.  But probably not too early for those that don't have a great base like you do!     DH used to ask for the hottest food, now he knows better.    My mom left me alone for the wedding planning.  But on my wedding day, my parents decided to drive up from Illinois the morning of the wedding.  Apparently they also stopped to eat food.  I was waiting for them to get to my house before going to the chapel since they didn't know their way around the area.  They showed up about a half hour before the wedding!  I got to the chapel just in time.  Luckily, we were using our indoor backup location, which was closer to my apartment.  We would have been late if we had to go to the outdoor site!  DH's best man told him, "Cathy is not here yet.  She's not showing up".  Great best man, eh?  

Sandy, when I do those zone 2 runs I wonder how I will like running harder.  Because the next run is the "aerobic out and back" which is the fastest sustained run of the week!  But still only keeping my HR between 140-162, it's actually supposed to be close to marathon pace in the middle of the run.  I am on call this weekend.  DH is planning on going up north to help his buddy do some plumbing work on his cabin.  So it will be a quiet weekend at home for us girls.    At least the rain is supposed to let up, so maybe I will go out and attempt some gardening!  I am not much of a green thumb, so I always look for excuses not to do it, lol.  Hope you get some sunshine!

Damaris, have a good trip and a great race!

Margaret, hope you stay cool this weekend.

Karen, hope you finally made it to your parent's!

Cathy

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Diane, good luck!  Hope the move went well.