Womens Running

Friday! (Read 14 times)

Anonymous Guest

8.2 mlles for me this morning. You?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

I was going to do a long run, but DH was expecting a delivery that required a signature, and had an appointment this morning to get bloodwork done. So I told him I'd be back by 9 so someone would be here. Of course, it showed up right before he left so I didn't need to be here after all. I figured I'd just do the long run tomorrow, but looking at the weather, we'll be in the 60s Tuesday morning, so I may wait until then. I've been kind of doing 9-10 days between long runs and it's been good, plus that will work out good since I signed up for a 10 mile race next weekend.

Since we were out of contact with the world this week, I didn't post anything about a group run on Saturday. I think I'm just going to give up on it. I won't be around the following......SIX Saturdays anyway. Wow, my weekends are getting busy. If this local half in December is successful and they decide to do it again next year, I'm thinking about talking to the race organizer and seeing if they want to work with me and offer training with sign up (for a price).

Serious question: why do people care about the queen so much?  She did a good job at being a figurehead, aside from that Falklands episode, but I really don't get the outpouring of affection.  She certainly didn't show affection for anyone.  Except maybe her corgis.

I totally don't get the whole fascination with the queen and British royalty (or any royalty really). I don't get what makes them special just by virtue of being born into a certain family, and why people care about them.

I’m on the way to Portland to meet up with Lisa, A and Tessa!  Marathon in Boring, OR on Sunday.  If the plane for my flight arrives, that is. It’s a bit late. Having flashbacks of the last time I was flying to meet up with HS friends, and the flight was canceled. That airline credit is (hopefully) getting me to Portland today. 

Karen, you should definitely see about working with the RD for the local HM, some sort of coaching gig would be right up your alley. 

Hi to all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! There are only 3 people here in the office today. I have 5 after work. I just walked 2.5 miles to pick the race packet of a couple of friends. Nice of me to do for them for a race I'm not even running, lol!

I made an appointment on Tuesday with the vet to put Rubio down. I think it's time. Poor guy is less than 5lbs, not grooming and just not eating much. Sad

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 miles with a workout on the hilly section. At least it's not miserably hot out, still warm, but not humid.

AnonymousGuest, did they actually require the signature? DH has gotten a few things that were supposed to have one and the delivery guy drops it & runs away. I also notice with my work deliveries that some are definitely not getting signatures, which is really fun if there is ever an issue. .A few years ago I had to figth with one saying there is a 0% chance that person signed for it since she retired 6 months ago.

GatsbyBird, enjoy your weekend. Hope all goes well with the floghts.

Docket, sorry about Rubio. The packet pick up walk at least sounds like a nice way to get out of the office for a bit.

Anonymous Guest

Margaret, have so much fun with the girls and A.

Damaris, very sorry about Rubio. That sucks.

AnonymousGuest, did they actually require the signature? DH has gotten a few things that were supposed to have one and the delivery guy drops it & runs away. I also notice with my work deliveries that some are definitely not getting signatures, which is really fun if there is ever an issue. .A few years ago I had to figth with one saying there is a 0% chance that person signed for it since she retired 6 months ago.

We've had that happen too, waiting for a delivery and noticing it's sitting on the front step when someone has been here the entire time. This one did require it though. It was a local freight company.

3.5 this morning. It was 70F!!!!

Yesterday a friend texted about running w her. I think I may give it a try.  She is back to running after having two babies in two years time. I either need to give it a try or just stop running all together.  I was just telling someone how I don't run much now that my other buddies have pretty much stopped running due to injuries, so there is my sign.

Work has been horrible this week. Yesterday I almost lost it.

Today was much better.

Margaret--Have a great weekend and tell Tessa, Lisa, and A hello for me.

Hi Karen, Damaris, Kat, Laura, Lori (I would love to have some time off--make the best of it!!)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Late Friday, y'all are probably enjoying your evening.

Karen, I didn't really catch much about Colorado Bend, did you enjoy the park?  I know you got some runs in.  Too bad about your Saturday group.

Margaret, ENJOY PDX!!!!!

Damaris, I'm sorry about Rubio.  Always hard to say goodbye, but at least we can let them go gracefully.

Kathi, good job on the hills!

Sue, isn't 70 nice!!!  I think you should go with your friend and give it a go.  I am glad I am back at it, I was sure I was done too.  At least you're biking too.  I was just a couch potato.  Having a friend help is nice.

Made it half of the conference today.  Couldn't hear or see, though I wasn't missing much.  Sat in the back twiddling my thumbs and playing on my phone.

Forgot to hit send, good night to all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

TGIF!

3.5 miles this morning and a weight workout. So glad this week is over (and it was only 3 days LOL)

Younger DD came over this evening, we went for a couple mile walk and then had a frozen pizza and watched a movie, was fun!

Not much planned for this weekend, BF is working tomorrow so I am just planning on getting some things done around the house.

Karen - nice run! Bummer about the no shows for the group run, though I think that's a great idea joining forces with the RD!  I don't really get the Royal Family fascination, either. My DD texted me yesterday when the news broke and I was like, "well, she was 96!" Prince Charles is totally boring!

Margaret - you look like you're having a great time!!

Damaris - so sorry about Rubio 

Kathi - great run!

Sue - that would be fun meeting up with a running friend!  Hope you get some time off. Did you ever get your evaluation???

Kat - sorry the conference was a bust, glad it's over!!