Womens Running

VERY Frustrating Fridalies (Read 17 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

Post.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Rant, I need to rant/vent.

I get to the Lisbon airport at 2:30am with PLENTY of time, even with the horrendously long line.  I get to the check in and the rather rude check in guy gets nasty with me because my carry on bag (soft sided/fabric, not a roller), not purse, is too large.  WHAT???  It's smaller than a roller bag.  Flight is full, have to check it (btw, it was half empty.)  EVERY thing is in that bag.  Laptop, meds, breakables, rather expensive camera equipment.  I am beyond frustrated.  He allows me to step aside to reorganize.  I put all my camera stuff in my checked suitcase, at least it has clothes for padding.  I shove my meds, charger, cords, and breakables into the tiny camera bag.  My laptop fits halfway in the back pocket, but is mostly hanging out.  WTF.  I go back to drop off the bags to the same jackass as requested.  I have to use the woman's check in point next to him.  He must have said something to her because she lifts up the flimsy carry on and speaks to him.  He starts yelling at me where is my big bag.  I told him I don't have one, that is it.  He continues to yell at me demanding to know where it is.  Uh, don't know what to say, don't have one.  He berates me telling me I had a large bag that was on a trolley.  Nope, not me.  Finally they just tag both bags and I head out.  WTF WTF WTF.  So, here I am in Amsterdam where I bought a bigger backpack and was able to put the camera bag, breakables, AND laptop in without worrying about the laptop falling out.  And not squishing everything in so tight I could barely close the bag.  75 euros down the drain.  I need another backpack like I need a hole in the head.  I opted not to get a smaller carry on because I likely will be required to check a roller in Atlanta to San Antonio as I am one of the last boarding groups and they always run out of overhead space and required the last on to check it.

So, here I sit at the only full service bar/restaurant I could find.  Annoyed again because their breakfast selection is only a combo and includes coffee or tea.  I had just gone to Starbucks, don't want another.  Guy was kinda snotty with me, he can't adjust the price which I never asked for.  I really don't care TBH, I just want food and a bloody mary, which I have on hand, so life is slightly better.

I hope your Fridays are better my sweet friends.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, Kat, hoping the rest of your day is better.

RD for me so PT and Barre after work.

Damaris

LC Runs

Kat - ugh, that sounds awful, I hope the rest of your travel is low stress!

Hi Damaris!

Weight workout this morning, not sure if I will run or not - cold and blustery here, yuck.

Definitely glad it's Friday.

No real issues with my booster - I am 19 hours post shot,  Arm is sore and I am a little woozy feeling, but overall no problems.

Kilmisters

Kat, ugh, so frustrating. That's one of my biggest fears when air-travelling = that something could go wrong with baggage. There's enough struggle to remember what to pack where (all the powerbank, liquid etc. rules), and then there's size dimensions... Hopefully rest of your trip is pleasantly uneventful.

Laura, glad to hear you're feeling well after the booster!

Quite productive day. Had a great sleep, then lazily answered some non-Latvian emails at 11am or so. Finalized my chilli pepper plant ''wintering'', then delivery dude arrived with my snack goodies (cookies and beef jerkies worth 60EUR/67USD for long winter sports-watching eves), more lazy emails, 10km daylight run (it was ssssslllooow as I was running by HR and at this, uhm, time of the month there's worst pace/HR performance], 30min tough strength workout, shower, answer to VERY important email from big Polish boss, then went to have cake and Coke with neighbor kid who turned 7 years tonight, now sipping wine while watching basketball.

I have ANOTHER active day tomorrow; hoping for early 60min run, then hair appointment (this entire restriction/lockdown thing have led to my roots/natural hair color expand WAY too much) while checking online how my ex-team is doing, then watching F-1.

Sunday: GAMEDAY for my own team (1.5hr drive, ugh) - a must win game; then drive home and F-1 again <3

Edit: capitalized ''coke->Coke'' so that you guys wouldn't get the wrong ideas (:

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Seloc

Oh man, Kat, frustrating for sure.  Hope the rest of your journey is uneventful!  Lisbon sounds so cool.  If you go back in 2023 for a month, maybe I'll come check it out for a week!

Hiya all.  Just another busy week and am ready to wrap it up.  Trainer canceled Wed because she found out she had been exposed over the weekend (has since tested neg on 3 at home and the PCR).  So, I did an easy 30min on the Peloton.  Yesterday it was pretty chilly - not horribly so but WINDY.  So, I did a more substantial 60 min on the bike.  Braved the 20*s for a short 4mi run this morning.

All that wind yesterday brought more leaves.  Ugh.  Not MY leaves, mind you, but others have all congregated.  Soooo that's on the agenda for tomorrow.  Then a birthday party for a woman at the gym.  Starts at 5:30 - I will TRY not to be the first one there but I am pretty sure I'll be the first to leave 

Laura - sweet on the booster!  Glad no ill effects.  A lot of my friends are lying to get it.  I figure i can wait my turn.  Seems they are going to open it to all shortly anyway.  And considering I have not seen another human in person inside since last Wed at the gym (I've chatted with 3 different neighbors outside), I feel like I'm pretty low risk.  Ugh on the blustery conditions.  We had that yesterday.  No bueno.

Elina - you've been busy!  Where have the littles been?

Damaris - hope the calf is feeling better.

Liz - awwww poor baby B and the PCR test.  Is that the nasal?  I've been really enjoying the mulled wine.  I wouldn't say it's sweeter but has more spice flavors?  If that makes sense.  That is so awesome your parents got a Peloton!  Crazy how they are still so popular.  One of my running friends from the old 'hood is coming by tomorrow to check mine out maybe do a workout to see if she wants to invest.  I laughed at your nephew preferring Ruger over baby B haha.  Soooo cute.

CC - I laughed and also gave you a virtual high 5 for literally running your errand to ON the other day!  So awesome.  Super frustrating with the inventory but that almost seems the norm.  Glad DD has something to keep her warm now!  Oh, I LOVE your marathon training idea for next summer.  I honestly think it is super smart and you will have success.  I'm excited to follow along!   That's right - I remember you posting last year about Thanksgiving.  Crazy it's been a year already.

Cathy - oh no.  Hope the sore throat and sniffles are gone by now!  Have you been able to get boosted?  OMG you work at the best place ever.  Not only have you gotten consistent days off here and there but now 2 full weeks??  Dannnnnnnnnnggggg.  I want to be you when I grow up.  Not much alcohol, huh?  Well, no wonder you are sick.  Alcohol kills the germs dontcha know   Thanksgiving with the future in-laws, eh??  Enjoy!!  

Sue - you sound like such a fun mom/grandma.  What do the grands call you?

Karen - hope the progress is continuing well.  Yah, moving is no joke.  But, I also thoroughly enjoyed purging.  But, I'm weird like that.  Hope you are mostly settled and can get back into the swing of running.  OMG I LOL at DH and Caleb.  So, do you move all your appliances in TX?  That seems to be a regional thing.  Here, I'm sure you can but it is RARE.  I think technically you buy/sell for $1 in the contract but nobody moves that stuff.

Happy Friyay, Kids.

Kilmisters

Elina - you've been busy!  Where have the littles been?

Well, while I was in Estonia, they were staying with in-laws some days, with us other days Smile In this recent madness they've been here, at home, as I am still WFH, even tho now after end of lockdown I am allowed in office as well (warning HR a day in advance). They're a lot more independent now. It doesn't mean one can just leave them alone, even for 30mins, of course Smile But they've been quite calm lately, almost as if they could feel me and DH are tired as is.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

TGIF. It was baby weight day today for my noodle arms. My legs are trashed from yesterday's run and today at work seemed to drag on forever. Sadly they wouldn't give me the day off for the funeral but my brother was able to represent.  I thought break times would never arrive and when they did they were over in a blink of an eye. In my next life I will aim for a desk job. Lol.

Good news I think.... on November 30 Canada is lifting the requirement for fully vaccinated Canadians returning from the US (less than 72 hour trip) to provide the negative pcr test. This means I can visit my brother and his husband over there! They're in Royal Oak.  Only a half hour drive away but with the border it may as well be a million miles. Since July they've been able to come here but only as if November 8 have we been able to travel to the States but that pcr test to return is costly. Also means I can make a weekend trip for a race if I can find one! Woot woot.

Kat... very frustrating about the airport.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

Cathy - oh no.  Hope the sore throat and sniffles are gone by now!  Have you been able to get boosted?  OMG you work at the best place ever.  Not only have you gotten consistent days off here and there but now 2 full weeks??  Dannnnnnnnnnggggg.  I want to be you when I grow up.  Not much alcohol, huh?  Well, no wonder you are sick.  Alcohol kills the germs dontcha know   Thanksgiving with the future in-laws, eh??  Enjoy!!  

Sandy - this made me LOL!  

Anonymous Guest

One of these days I'll run again. Sigh. More unpacking. Kitchen complete, garage mostly done, down to four boxes in the master bedroom and bathroom. My new rugs have shipped (supposedly the top comes off and can be machine washed, so good for muddy dog paws). I picked out blinds and shades this morning and am about to drop a ton more money on those. The builder put in blinds at our last house, but it was a different buying and selling climate then. And of course I'm not getting builder grade in this house, because the better stuff is, well, better. Moving is expensive!

Sandy, in TX anything fixed/installed stays with the house, so fridge and washer and dryer go. If you have an over the counter microwave installed, it stays, but if it's just sitting on the counter, it goes. At our old house the outdoor speakers and lights stayed (although Mike was considering taking the lights off the fence anyway). I need to get better at purging. I lived for six months with basically a half dozen t-shirts and was perfectly fine, now I just unpacked a box of probably 40 of them and don't want to let any of them go.

Kathryn, oh my gosh, what a pain. I hope the rest of the travel was pain free.

My friend cramped up really bad and missed the cutoff for the sixth loop. He's understandably bummed. (Kat and Sandy met him, he was one of my 100 pacers, the quiet Indian guy). It's a beautiful day for running here (upper 30s when they started, got up to maybe 63, dry, sunny, just a perfect fall day), but right now, now that it's dark and getting cold again, I'm glad I didn't go.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel