Womens Running

Freebie Friday (dailies) (Read 17 times)

Tricked you! No Freebies!

Ran 4 miles each of the last two days. Did 30 min PiYo class over zoom last night and getting ready for Vinyasa class at 9:30am this morning over Zoom. it's my "summer friday" but will have a couple of appointments still. A and I are planning to bike the course for his Oct 16 mile gravel road race tomorrow. Bring snacks and take our time since I'm pretty sure it's hilly. Sunday will be another 50k with Michelle (LOL another weekend in July so another 50k). This is her Unicorn Challenge one through Trot. Will use A's house as our staging area and do 3 ten-ish mile "loops" on trails and dirt roads around here.

Signed up for a "pop up" 5k in a couple of weeks. Real in person one! Same group that puts on Woodstock and Dances with Dirt is doing a pop up series of 3 events. 100 person max on Tuesday and/or Wednesday evenings with ability to start anytime between 5-6:30pm. Welcome to races of the future. 5k distances. All on private property. the third of the series will be just down the dirt road from A's house. Like we can actually run there. Could for the first one but it's about 6-7 miles away.

Also signed up for a 16 week Another Mother Runner thing. Sharing in case anyone else is interested. I don't think being a mom is actually required. LOL I like the community idea (FB and Strava closed groups), they give you a calendar with different workouts on there (will take those as suggestions), and a bunch of bling. I like their podcasts so thought why not? 3 events in Sept, Oct, and Nov that will work with my calendar and 3 different levels that you can pick from as far as distance going for. The relay one should be interesting.AMR Virtual Series

Liz-yeah! it is Friday finally!! So neat that your brother will be moving behind you!!

Laura-hope the office was okay. Sending vibes of MOJO for you!! I'm also not used to dealing with people. A and I thought we might go out to a dine outside place for dinner the other night. But he saw me sort of staring at the scene and said "let's go home I can tell you aren't comfortable with this"  People were just sort of walking around between tables. Not sure how I'm going to do with that 5k.

Lori-where ya going for vacation? Backyard? LOL Enjoy!!

Sue-for sure people who never worked from home don't quite understand the concept. Hope mom is successful!

HCK-nice finish!

Cathy-hmmm on the ex. I know none of the details but perhaps this whole not speaking the truth of what he likes/dislikes is a root of past and future issues he needs to get past. Telling people what you think they want to hear works for strangers but not in the long run with people who depend upon you and you depend upon. the base foundation isn't one of truth or even one that the other person has a chance of knowing isn't truth. Nice running for this weekend that you have planned!

Karen-glad the doc appointment went well. I should email you what I have on calendar I guess. LOL I did send you the AMR stuff. Funny on Mike with his boss and wishing to be laid off. A and I are going over calendars this weekend with travel. May pull the trigger on some 2021 races before they fill up.

Sandy-LOL on the testing calls. I'm the one logging the tickets but I do keep being told that I give lots of detail so they know exactly what to fix. Maybe look into some online delivery food thing to get the grocery part fixed easily. I choose exercise over sleep as well.

Damaris-neat that you can get long runs in on the weeknights!

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day for me. I did 40 minutes of upper body. I am jello!!

Today is going to be rough. All of the cleanings were completed by 8pm but then we get a call at 9 that a new one rolled in! OMG. I was already in bed so my boss took the lead (thankfully) but then I felt guilty about not running it so I was watching all the emails and texts come through until it was completed - 1:00am. Then, I couldn't fall asleep. I ate a snack and took something to help but could only sleep until 7. Ugh, The COVID duty isn't too bad its just VERY time consuming with communication. I think my first day on call will probably be August 3.

Looking forward to the group run tomorrow! Its cut week so the LR is only 8. One of my best friends's 40th is tomorrow so I am going to meet her around lunchtime to catch up. Then we have HCDH's nieces birthday that evening. Going to be a long day!

Sandy – OMG your work sounds so crazy right now. Hang in there! I feel your pain on the work/life balance. That would be awesome if your sister moved closer!! That is one thing my brother and I discussed – having weekly dinners at each others houses’ 😊. It will be a lot of fun having them so close. I am so used to driving 2+ hours to see them – its always been like that. I am sure you feel the same about your sister!!

Docket – Completely makes sense to do the LR’s during the week!! If it wasn't for my group runs, I would do the same.

Have a great Friday everyone! We had 4 cleanings last night which equaled about 134 emails. I have to come through and organize them. Fun times!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! In the office today, but all alone. I can get used to this (except waking up before the sun comes out, ha). I have 6 with strides tonight.

Lisa, we shall see. I ended up so sore I regretted it, lol. I saw they canceled the IN Trail 100 something or other.

Liz, good luck with work!

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Lisa - I am considering the AMR thing - I just listened to their podcast about it and it sounded fun!   I hear ya on the “dining out“ option, we were going to go to a place up north that even had outside seating...but sooo many cars parked outside, we opted out.  

Lizzie - How fun to have your brother moving close!  Can’t imagine 134 work emails to deal with!  I am so surprised how much you enjoy your group runs!!!!  That is great Smile

Damarias - Glad you get to be alone in the office!  

Just got back from 5, it was beautiful this morning,  predicted hot again starting this afternoon for a few days...90’s...Ugh.

Hope everyone  is doing good!

Carol

TGIF!!!

Just walked w DH and Skye this morning.

Mom made it home from the Mercedes dealership yesterday, and she even went through Whataburger and brought us lunch. Maybe a peace offering for my DH?  I think she's going to get new tires today.  The more she drives around, the sooner she will figure the MS Gulf Coast out. And it's not that hard.

Karen--I missed it--what happened to Huckles???  Enjoy your vacay!!!

Geez---had a 3 hour video conf yesterday. Obnoxious co-worker Jane was in prime form and got called out by our supervisor a few times.  Another co-worker and I were sending sniping texts about her back and forth.....I almost cracked up.  Hopefully I don't have to talk to her today.

Have a great weekend!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Monumental Marathon is canceled. And there goes my last standing marathon.

Damaris

Kilmisters

Lisa, another 50k!? Are you training for Monblant race? LOL A's house sounds like a convenient aid station for sure. I agree that staggered start times = future reality for most affected countries.

I'm not sure why US marathon cancellation is taking so long. Even Hamburg marathon in Germany w 15k participants split in waves of 1k is still waiting confirmation from government (and I heard rumors it will be cancelled too). It's not like Olympics, where before saying ''guys, we're suspending this thing'' they have to go thru gazillion of sponsor/broadcast partner contracts in God knows how many countries.

Tomorrow is going to be fun. 30k! Running buddy's BF will drop us out 30k from her childhood hometown and we'll just, well, run there Big grin Then, take a shower at her sister's place, grab something to eat and go to an outdoors show of the local band at 8pm. YAY! Big challenge - it is reallly warm outside, practically entire 30km = road and open sun, and it's NOT flat; example. Will certainly put some money in hydration vest pocket; there are stores at around 16km and 25km - in case we run out of water (and I think we will).

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

I'm helping Michele with get her 50k's done since she had months and ended up with all 4 not being done but due Aug 1. LOL It's the weekend.. another 50k. Last week was 56k so that was different.

30k does sound fun! and an adventure!! The best!

Lisa, another 50k!? Are you training for Monblant race? LOL A's house sounds like a convenient aid station for sure. I agree that staggered start times = future reality for most affected countries.

I'm not sure why US marathon cancellation is taking so long. Even Hamburg marathon in Germany w 15k participants split in waves of 1k is still waiting confirmation from government (and I heard rumors it will be cancelled too). It's not like Olympics, where before saying ''guys, we're suspending this thing'' they have to go thru gazillion of sponsor/broadcast partner contracts in God knows how many countries.

Tomorrow is going to be fun. 30k! Running buddy's BF will drop us out 30k from her childhood hometown and we'll just, well, run there Big grin Then, take a shower at her sister's place, grab something to eat and go to an outdoors show of the local band at 8pm. YAY! Big challenge - it is reallly warm outside, practically entire 30km = road and open sun, and it's NOT flat; example. Will certainly put some money in hydration vest pocket; there are stores at around 16km and 25km - in case we run out of water (and I think we will).

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

40 minutes running out the trail and saw 3 deer as well as many families of geese. Dew Point was at least 49°. It felt like all the moisture in the air was covering me. Ick! But the run felt great.  I'm also keeping my weights going for upper body at least 3 days a week. Yoga and meditation also, although the meditation is at will and very easy to utilize anytime.

Still enjoying study. DC made a 3 cube bookshelf for me this morning to add to all the others. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Not much here, just totally stressing out trying to get everything done before we leave tomorrow. I ran 16 this morning. I did not get up early to do it, so it sucked. I was supposed to do 18, but 16 was plenty. So looking forward to better weather the next 3-4 weeks. 3-4 weeks, you say? Our condo is not rented after we're there for the last week of our vacation, so DH is thinking about bringing his work computer and working from there for a week. We've got a neighbor taking care of the pool and keeping an eye on the house, the mowers have been paid. The only thing would be my running group. I think there's a pretty good chance we'll still not be meeting though.

I'm trying to get emails set up to go out the next couple weeks so I don't forget or end up someplace without internet or cell service when one needs to go out. But to do that I have to predict some things in the future, so.......harder than I thought it would be. Hit the grocery store after the run, then went right back out to pick up a part for our pool cleaner that broke from the pool store. Still need to do a load of laundry, pack clothes and stuff, and load up the van. We've got a lot of stuff, hope it all fits in!

Susan, long story short, we were positive Huckles swallowed his tennis ball. Two days at the emergency vet, me going back and forth and waiting in the parking lot and going back and forth, etc. Overturned all the furniture and it was nowhere to be found. Fretted and worried. Nothing on the x-rays. Sunday afternoon I was putting away beach towels and somehow his ball flew in there the brief 2 seconds DH had it open to get a towel out while Huckles was jumping up and down with the ball. So we are thrilled with the outcome, but a little embarrassed with the whole situation. Overprotective pet parents, anyone?

Hi to all, will try to get back later.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

OMG Karen! Glad Huckles is ok. Silly pup.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Lisa – You are one active woman! Can I be you when I grow up?! 😊 Enjoy the 50K this weekend LOL. The in person 5K should be interesting!

Docket-  How was it being in the office today? Sorry to hear about your last marathon! Are you going to done one virtual?? Or just focus on 2021?

Carol – Always good to hear from you!!! 😊 We are in for some hot temperatures too. Very similar to Karen’s weather with overnight “lows” in the upper 70’s. YUCK. Those will be short running days.

Susan – Hang in there with your mom!

Kilmisters – Have fun tomorrow! An adventurous run. 😊 And enjoy the local band outing – I bet it will be nice to be a part of a social function LOL.

Judy – Nice job staying active! Aw, DC sounds like a handyman. Can he rub off on HCDH? 😊

Karen – KILLER run today. I am going to have to channel you with the temperatures we have coming up the next couple days. I am just going to have to suck it up and walk some or cut runs short like you had mentioned. GREAT idea about working from the condo – why not?! Your trip is going to be a blast. Have fun! Don’t forget to check in with us with fun photos 😊

I will take Lakefront out of my signature since they have cancelled. I figured they would. Richmond may be my only one this year! I think they will cancel too and I will just do a virtual marathon. I have a feeling that my running group would put a course together for the virtual option. We will see how things go.

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone! I can't wait to have some wine on the porch and GO. TO. BED! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nah. Virtual races are not races and don’t count for my stats (Like 50 states and Marathon Maniacs) so nope. I wouldn’t run a marathon unless it counts. Too fucking hard otherwise lol. 

The office gave me a fucking migraine.

Damaris

Good evening, all!  Busy week at work, lots of projects to figure out in my new position plus a learning curve to navigate. SRD today, trail run tomorrow.

Lisa, hope you see lots of unicorns this weekend. I’ll check out the mother runner thing.

Lizzie, a busy day for you tomorrow!  Good thing the LR is not too long. Great news about your bro putting down a deposit on the lot!

Damaris, sorry about the migraine!  Hope tomorrow is better.

Carol, nice miles but ugh on those temps!

CrazySye, nice that your mom is starting to figure things out on her own.  Like finding Whataburger.

Kilmisters, sounds like a fun 30k!  Except for the open road and sun.

Judy, nice workout and wildlife report.

Karen, hope you get out the door tomorrow with everything you need for vacation!  Don’t forget clean underwear.

Social media posting falls by the wayside when I’m busy at work so sorry to be a little MIA. Happy FriYay and have a great weekend!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR