Womens Running

Totally Thursdailies (Read 11 times)

Woohoo!! Getting closer to the weekend!!

Spin class was good. The bed magnet force was strong this morning, but once I was up and moving I was glad I did it.

Another quiet day at the house.  Need to test my presentation for boss.  Hope I don't totally lose it. I've rehearsed out loud several times.  Hopefully I can get the words out.  I really think an email would be sufficient, but she wants a meeting, so a meeting it will be.  I am a spaz at presentations, so I will keep it as conversational as I can.

Margaret--yay on no TW.

Later y'all!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I have 4 and probably weights.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Haven't checked in for a bit.

Karen, yes, High Lonesome is a tougher race.  One of my friends ran it.  Another friend is running Ouray this weekend, TOUGH as shit.  Harder than Hardrock.  Wowza.

Sue, I totally live the bed magnet life...  Best to you on your presentation, those suck.

Damaris, enjoy your 4.

So my race is next Saturday.  As Margaret mentioned, we switched around stuff.  Two local ladies are my pacers.  They will pace 31 miles each.  YAY.  One is inexperienced, but has the right mindset to get me through the night.  The other is a total badass who will get me 31 miles to the finish.  She is intense and LOUD.  She's not adverse to kicking me in the ass, perhaps I might literally be wearing her footprint on my tush.  Both she and Margaret agree - no bones poking out, no quitting.  We have also agreed neither of us can throw things at each other besides kisses.

I have done tons of thinking about the race, thoughts to ponder before and during.  After I will be flopping onto the ground.  Lisa has tasked me to think about WHY I am doing this insanity - I'm sure she means more than everyone else I know has done one and I wanna be the cool kid too.  Another friend told me to figure out what will make the last 10 miles the best miles.  I bought two joke books, one is one-liners/puns, the other is dirty jokes - hopefully a bit of humor will help me, and maybe others around us late in the race.  I am hoping I am still able to read that far into it.  Also there shall be singing.  My second pacer and I have a thoroughly inappropriate theme song to sing, I'm sure over and over...  (Cardi B's, WAP.  If you know it, my apologies...)

Not everyone here locally knows I am doing the race, tried to keep in on the down-low.  But I've gotten great advice from those more experienced.  I am borrowing a wrist band for inspiration.  "Stay Focused, Be Humble, Always Hustle."  It is to remind me I CAN do it.  To do it for those unable.  Sadly it's to commemorate a friends wife.  She was an avid and accomplished ultra runner.  She was killed in a hit and run while running across Texas.  Just...Keep...Moving...

OK. that's enough.  I can't think of anything but the race and talk about virtually nothing else.  Sorry.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You got this, Kat!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

8 miles for me this morning. Then they came and delivered our new mattress!!!! Woohoo!!! Can't wait to go to bed tonight.

Susan, great job beating the bed magnet. I'm sure you'll do great on the presentation. I always felt weirder rehearsing out loud than actually giving the presentation.

Morning, Damaris!

Kathryn, so excited for your race. I agree with all the advice you've gotten and I'm glad you're spending the time coming up with ways to get through the tough mental spots. I agree with Lisa on thinking about your why. It will help keep you going when you want to stop.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel